• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can Metapod Move or Attack?

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
Years
  • I knwo in the show they cannot... and even in the pokedex it deems them immobile. However, they can, in battle in the game (primary canon, as far as I'm concerned) use tackle.

In a fanfic, should a metapod be able to use tackle?

I'm so confused ;.;

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Depends, do you wanna base the pokemon stuff off of the game or anime? Because the anime is nothing like the game, the attacks and stuff, and pikachu beating every friggin pokemon o.o

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I say if it can learn tackle, then it should be able to use tackle in anything, anime, fanfic, whatever =P

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • ActOnThat said:
    *kicks Gamefreak*

They're on something half the time, I swear.

You could add it as a kind of anomaly. :P Say, the trainer taught its Caterpie how to tackle before he let it evolve. And then whenever his metapod fights another pokemon, the opposing trainer is all surprised to see a metapod that can actually do something! :D I dunno. I think that's how I'd treat it. :P

But in any event, you can have it either way. Really, I'd just look at it from what fits best in your fic. There's room for artistic license on this one. ^_~

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Agreed to Shuko.

Do something like, if teh Trainer evolved it from Caterpie, than it can use Tackle. If the Trainer captured it Metapod already, than it cant~

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Bugsy had a Metapod, and it could use Tackle, if I remembered correctly. I think it tried to slam into Pikachu or something. XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    yea...i was about to say that....bugsy metapod is moving pretty fast n the 'slam' i tink is tackle....so who say on show they cant move n attack...in the part ash fighting with bugsy to get a gym badge,bugsy's metapod DID move n attack....

Years
  • Metapod CAN attack in the anime. Ash's Taclkes a Beedrill just before it evolves.
    A wild Metapod can't attack unless it runs outta PP an' starts Strugglin', an' an evolved Caterpie still has Tackle an' String Shot. XD

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
  • Welll, I know that Metapod is like a cacoon or something, so it's not really supposed to be able to move. XD In the anime all it could do was use Harden...hmmmmmm...this is confusing! XD

Well, in a fanfic, you can make your characters do whatever you wish - that's the whole fun of it! ^_____^ But if you're just talking literal...then I think all Metapod should be able to do is use Harden. XD

I think the reason it can use Tackle in the game is because Caterpie could originally use Tackle. ^^; Also, it would take forever to level up in the game if it only knew Harden. XD

~Kelsey

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Metapod needs freedom, so Tackle is good on it!
    Btw, are you writing the fanfic now? I'll like to read it when you finish!

Back