• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Have A Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
Years
  • Hi,I have been viewing The "New Users Welcome" section of PC and i have noticed that people are copying and pasting the same message over and over again.I think it is very annoying beacause i think they are just trying to get their post up.Can't we stop post count in that area and just see what happens.

Thanks,

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
  • Good point.
    It's always the same thing... "Welcome to PC! Follow the rules, post a lot, eat cheese and have fun!"
    They probably don't even take the time to see the first post and who joined... >.>;

t3h post count must go, otherwise no pickles for you all! >:3

Years
    • Age 34
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    I once PMed one of the Admins about this but my message got ignored. ah well, i agree with your suggestion and since i joined i have ate a lot of cheese and had a lot of fun XP

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
  • Nope, let's see what they (the staff) says first! XD

It's not us who decide, although we might agree with you... o.o *pokes a staff member to come and see*

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I've thought about that too for quite sometime. I agree with you. I used to always post the same thing but I realized it was unfair. I now post a random message and a comment on something like: Nice username or nice banner.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • That's good Coolmaster.

Well looks like no signs of a staff member tonight.I'm off to bed now.XD

BluePhoenix

http://www.pokefusion.com
    Years
  • I agree with you all too. But I was also posting the same things over and over again for sometime before but no I have stopped it now. I only post randoms now.

~RAP

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I just realized that if we make those changes, my post count will drop by about 100 and so will lots of other people.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • coolmaster said:
    I just realized that if we make those changes, my post count will drop by about 100 and so will lots of other people.
    Nobody without intelligence problems cares. You aren't your postcount. And if the decreasing of a mere number in your profile is so important to you, I feel sorry for you.

Oh, and while we're on this subject, I'd like to suggest the same for the following forums too:

Other Chat
    Mixed Community Groups
    Community Questions & Feedback
    Pok?mon General

The most postcount-spammed forums. Maybe disabling it in those forums will kill the obsession.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
  • Digital Phoenix said:
    Oh, and while we're on this subject, I'd like to suggest the same for the following forums too:

Other Chat
    Mixed Community Groups
    Community Questions & Feedback
    Pok?mon General

The most postcount-spammed forums. Maybe disabling it in those forums will kill the obsession.
    Other chat is fine... I guess? Apart from the DCC that ruins it all.... >_<
    And I guess there is no option to disable the postcount in only a thread, is there? o.o;
    Maybe it could be moved or something, but Other Chat itself has some interesting topics...

I completely agree about Mixed Community Groups, because it raises peoples' postcounts dramatically and none of the posts are actually relevant...

I do not think there is anything wrong with question and feedback, unless you can point out the problem to me, and I don't understand the problem in Pokemon General either... o.o

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • The problem with OC and PG is that they both have DCCs. (Even though that... basically defeats the purpose of the DCC in OC.) So, yeah, people spam in both places.

As for CQ&F, people often post threads in here with stupid/pointless questions.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • coolmaster said:
    Hardly anyone even posts in Pokemon Chit-chat.
    Doesn't make it okay to co-exist with Daily Chit-Chat.

EDIT: ...WTF? There's almost 600 posts in Pok?mon Chit-Chat. -_-;

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    Not a bad idea, disabling post count here. This way we won't see "Hi, have fun, follow the rules, PM me if you want to be my friend!" type posts.

Does get rather annoying.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • General... that probably won't happen until MCG or OC levels start up. Since there is a massive amount of posts in the Pokemon DCC (If you think 600's a lot for how long it's been there for...) The other three I'll bring up in HQ, so... we'll think about it.

Personally, I would agree with all (bar PG) but I know of a few higher staff that might not be so easy to persuade :P

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • ...Gah, how could I forget? Add Other Voting Polls to that list. And take down Pok?mon General if you wish; my recommendation for the aforementioned forum was based on the fact that it seemed a bit spammy, with all the random polls and whatnot (similar to why I suggested OVP).

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Why does this even matter? If someone wants to get more posts by posting the same message in New User Welcome, then let them. Plus if we get rid of post count there less people will probably post and when more people post it makes the new users feel Welcomed which is the whole part of the forum.

If this was already posted above...I don't care...I didn't feel like reading above.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • coolmaster said:
    The only section I think should be on that list is OC and MCG.
    sections*
    And why so? Believe it or not, OVP is spammier than Other Chat, and CQ&F is constantly flooded with people asking near-rhetorical questions that they already knew the answer to. Either those people are extremely stupid, or they post for the number increment.

Thomas-san said:
    Why does this even matter?
    Is that the only reason you posted, because one member (read: you) felt it was unimportant?

Thomas-san said:
    If someone wants to get more posts by posting the same message in New User Welcome, then let them.
    I said the same thing a few months ago, then realised how idiotic I was. It's like saying, 'If a murderer wants to kill people so others fear him, let them.'

Thomas-san said:
    Plus if we get rid of post count there less people will probably post and when more people post it makes the new users feel Welcomed which is the whole part of the forum.
    ...Okay, wtf? We're supposed to care that people won't post any more just because a stupid number in their profile doesn't rise by doing so? Mmm, sad indeed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back