• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Having trouble connecting with mIRC...

Yameneko549

Eat hammer!
Years
  • I just installed mIRC onto my laptop, but I can't remember how to stop the ip from showing up along with the username. This is what I'm currently getting:
    * Connecting to irc.dejatoons.net (6667)
    -
    -betamax.dejatoons.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
    -
    -betamax.dejatoons.net- *** Found your hostname
    -
    Closing Link: Yameneko[ipXXX] (Hostile username. Please use only 0-9 a-z A-Z _ - and . in your username.)
    -
    * Disconnected
    -
    * Connect cancelled

Any help would be greatly apprecated.

Years
  • Lol, what username are ya usin'? Tch. That sounds like a username error an' I ain't just talkin' 'bout yar nickname, I mean yar Full Name in Tools -> Options -> Connect too.

Chaos

Closing Link: Yameneko[ipXXX] (Hostile username. Please use only 0-9 a-z A-Z _ - and . in your username.)

If that is the username you're using, try removing the [ and ]. If that's not, then look to see what is, and remove any character that isn't a number (0-9), a letter (a-z, A-Z), an underscore (_), a dash (-), or a period (.).

Back