• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Collectible Figurines

HightopNinja

Ninja In Hightops
Years
  • Well, I just recently purchased a batch of twenty of these little guys from the people over at Pokecenter. Most of them are really detailed and will be very cool to have sitting together on my bookshelf. I had a few questions about these little guys and I am curious as to what ya'll think of these, which is your favorite, etc.

Ok, as I was searching through myriads of webpages for some of these little creatures, I came across some weird circumstances.

Firstly, clear figures. I'd never heard of or seen these figures untill searching through an auction site(won't mention it or link because it's against the rules, but it is the most popular auction site). I came across a bunch of "clear" figures whose molds are identical to the ones sold over at the official Pokecenter website. Are these authentic? Or is someone trying to make money by putting out their own molds?

I've also seen a few of these up close(my friend already got his, I'm still waiting on mine), but I forgot to ask him if they had come in packages or not. He lives quite a distance from me, and reaching him is nigh impossible due to his being on vacation. The ones I'd seen on auction sites are either in blister packages containing one, then ones that have a few on them, and some not in packages? How can one tell if these are the ones from the sets or not?

Finally, I'm just curious if anyone is into collecting these little critters like I am? I know everyone here has a certain lust for Pokemon; be it the games, tv show, or manga. Does anyone else find themselves unwittingly drawn to these plastic representations of our favorite beings? Feel free to post anything(I know I didn't have to say that, being this is an open forum free to all discussion), and let me know what's what.

Signed,
    Hightop "Cause I'm a Ninja" Ninja

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
  • No idea about the moulds, but usually the official models have nintendo stamped into them somewhere. They are very cute! I have loads of them> I made a pokemon stand for a school project and they all stand proudly in it, carefully watched over by the Ash and Misty models I brought so they'd be looked after (i know I'm sad, but they need a trainer...I don't really want to trip over a wild one that has some how managed to jump on the floor in it's freedom). I'll have to take a pic of them to show you.

BTW as your new I'll warn you now. If you post a second post straight after one of your own it's known as double posting and it's against the rules. Try not to do it in future ;)

HightopNinja

Ninja In Hightops
    Years
  • Thanks fer the warning. The stand sounds pretty neat, and of course I'd enjoy seeing it.

I'm kinda surprised that the thread has only one real reply, but pleased that I got to converse with another poke-figure-addict.

My figs finally showed up today. My dad was confused when I came home from work and started shouting like a school girl. He didn't know what to make of it, but after seeing the contents, he laughed his head off. My very own Rattata. Boomshakalaka.

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
  • AWW that sounds so cute! lI love getting packages. Unfortunatly even though I want more figure, I haven't yet had the oppertunity to get them (I keep seeing really nice ones at ebay). This means mine are basically first generation (the odd second generation) because they weren't sold beyond the first generation. But I will get somemore soon I hope. I just love them.

HightopNinja

Ninja In Hightops
    Years
  • I haven't seen the super-deformed ones yet..but I'll look around. Sounds interesting though..but how can you super-deform characters that are already kinda in that vien? Weird.

Rifted

Let's positive thinking!
    Years
  • I have tons of Pokemon figurines. Espicially those tiny ones that are less than an inch tall. And I don't know if this would count, but also those little things that roll along and you can use to hit these paper targets that came with it...you get 50 points for hitting a Gary target down, I think that's kinda wrong. xD

Back