• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Equipment you?ve had last for the long haul.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
Years
  • Ok even with most people buying new computers every 3-5 years, what equipment have you owned that?s lasted forever.

I had an obscure brand monitor named Imagic that was 13-inch viewable and I used it for over 7 years, I just recently got a new one salvage from the university that?s slightly new/bigger and I?m keeping the Imagic in reserve.

My first computer lasted 5 years with minimal upgrades, far to long but finally the HD was going bad in it and the whole system need to be replaced.

My current speakers are going on 5 years old. Good old Altec Lansing, I tried to replace them but the ones I got didn't make the cut.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I got a Compaq computer in 1997, it lasted me 8 years with no upgrades. And we only got rid of it becausae we needed a computer with more power. One of my dad's friends is using it still to this day.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Most of my computers only last a year or 2, but my second computer lasted about 4 years. Of course, I wasn't a computer geek then.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Mine all die of all the programs installed x.x;

But this one has a 200 GB HD, so hopefully it'll last longer than my last 40 GB one XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    o.O You have 80GB more than me. My new computer is only2 years old, but the monitor I'm using is 9 years old. I've had it since I was 6. There are all these stains and writings on it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I just got a new Gateway 17" LCD. Seventeen isn't that great, but my old HP was a 15" which SUCKED after using this one XD

My upstairs HP seems to be doing well o.o; My dad bought it for me from an auction, and it has no sound/modem XD But that really doesn't matter because I use it to type up my writing =D And it seems like it's at least going on 2/3 years, and works great! YAY FOR USED!

I could get eMachines computer pretty easily 'cause they're dirt cheap new for the small PCs [with sound w00t!] but I heard they break pretty easily o.o; Something about everything being interconnected, so if anything goes wrong with one thing, you're screwed. But...Gateway is the parent company, which I trust, so, meh...

Back