• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pros N Cons OF Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    I know theres another thread similiar to this,but then its different in the sense i am asking pros n cons...well,currently i am doing a project listing down the pros n cons of 'something'...the topic i choose is pokemon because i would like to introduce pokemon to all other ppl...so pls give me some point n pls state down some example...i wil have to present it in front of my classmate and teacher later...so,any help highly appreciated ^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    Johnny-Chan said:
    Here You go Hun Pro Of Charizard he's cool and Strong con he's weak against water♥~
    Can give a more specific idea of pros n cons of pokemon?not like the pokemon inside,its the whole idea of pokemon,whats the benefit of liking pokemon?

HKim

URPG Ambassador
    Years
  • Well, when you enjoy pokemon, you may eventually move onto a hobby that relates that you also enjoy (such as card collecting). An obvious benefit of liking pokemon includes forums like these. Your fandom lead you to this forum where you interact with others who like pokemon and have fun at the same time. Pokemon has lead you to an entire community of people who share the same preferences you do.

However, being a pokemon fan does take time, especially if you're addicted to it. Some kids might not do their homework because they are too busy playing the latest game or modifying their deck. If pokemon becomes an addition, then it is a serious problem that would hurt more than help.

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • Pros-Loads of Pokemon to catch
    Will last you ages.
    Super fun!

Cons-The newer games are getting a bit the same as the old ones.
    You have to trade Pokemon betwwen a million games to get 'em all and then you still have to go to places like NY to get all the Pokemon like Mew and deoxys!
    most ignorant people laugh at you for playing Pokemon...

Psyduck

Buy Pokemon Stuff on Ebay
    Years
  • What grade are you doing this for?

Con. if your older people would make fun of you.
    con. addicted to buying pokemon stuff on ebay.
    pro. buy a lot of pokemon stuff on ebay.
    pro. if your older, tell the people who make fun of you off, builds confidence.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Pro: It addicting X3 and it doesn't matter what age you are (as long as people don't catch you watching it XD)

The games are cool too. They're not to hard but not to easy either. Collecting all 384 Pokemon gives you something to do anyways lol. The graphics are also getting alot better.

The manga is good too. It has more plot then the Anime which will probably draw in more older viewers. Its also good for little kids to I guess >___> *thinks back to the Adventures Manga where the Arbok is sliced in half* Ehehe..

Con: The Anime is starting to get too repetitive. Most older people think its a baby show now from all the changing it had done over the past few years. The filler episodes have also gotten stupid(er).

You cannot catch all the Pokemon in one singal generation if you don't have the game that goes with it (ex: you need Ruby and Sapphire (maybe Emerald) to get all the Hoenn Pokemon) and even when you did that you still got the legendaries to worry about. You either have to live in NY or go to some promotion being held near you (fat chance though).

The Manga is good only one problem; the companies in America aren't sending them over anymore ;___; And the one Manga (Ono's Manga) That had the best art of them all had to be discontinued ;______;

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    Psyduck said:
    What grade are you doing this for?

Con. if your older people would make fun of you.
    con. addicted to buying pokemon stuff on ebay.
    pro. buy a lot of pokemon stuff on ebay.
    pro. if your older, tell the people who make fun of you off, builds confidence.
    Its a assignment that need to present on SAM(South Australia Matriculation)...btw,can u guys pls give me a wider range of pro and cons of pokemon?not just subject it to game,anime n etc....for example,cons of pokemon is wasting money,while pros of pokemon is let us get to know other ppl in the world... ^^

Back