• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Anim? Discussion: #365: A Scare to Remember

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
  • One of the best I seen in the Hoenn shows. Pikachu being on Team Rocket's side and all. Wish to see Pikachu evil but hey it was a what-if come true.

All I wish is that they showed clips of Ash and Pikachu from the older espisodes from like from the first season and Jhoto.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • This episode is probably the best in Houen (excluding fav character eppies) the plot was fresh and rare and it just brought a unique taste to me.
    I kind of wish Pikachu would've stayed friends with Nyasu, but noooo Ash had to jump in that river and refresh Pikachu's mind. X( . And the flashback, for a second I thought the song WAS The Time Has Come and I was really pissed how they only showed Houen flashbacks and even ones from the same episode!
    Honestly, I sort of like Team Rocket better than Team Twerp with the acception of Misty, Max and Kenji. I wish the writers would get creative and do a two-parter where Team Rocket actually GETS AWAY with Pikachu.
    eppie rating 9.5/10 (ending sucked and so did the flashback)
    oh yeah, KrazyShipping comes to mind ^_^

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • It was a dubbed thing in the show?!?!? That crazy!! What did that thing cover up? I mean by showing us that useless clips of (some) bad Hoenn parts they had to cover something up to not lose time.

Dubs are bad sometimes.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Well any flashback is better then the ones they show in that espisode. The song was ok but the flashbacks were bad.They orginal flashback, like which ones were they? The ones all the way back when Ash and Pikachu in the 1st season?

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • I like the first 7 scene in the japanese flashback. THe others were...eh...not that good. The flash back towards the end of the dub were ok. I just wish they but some clips from the 1st season but they probully can't because now they use different coloring or something.

Years
  • There was a flashback, it's just 4Kids are weird with flashbacks (look at Yu-Gi-Oh, new dialogue supersedes their original dialogue all the time). And flashback to scenes that aired previously like...5 mins? Eh...

Whatever, this episode was a ripoff of Double Trouble or whatever the Meowth/Pikachu chained together episode of the Orange Islands was, although it is excellent insight in the Meowth character.

We hear his thoughts, when was the last time we heard a character thinking so intensely? Not to mention a lovely self depreciation on his part. And a casual use of Giovanni's name. It's a surprise considering how cloak and dagger his name was in the first 5 seasons of the show. It was forbidden for others to even know it. Of course if Pikachu could talk, that would mean something of significance for Brock to deduce as a Gym Leader about Giovanni's shadowy connections and possible theories to Team Rocket but alas, not.

That and the schedfraude with Pikachu electrocuting Ash makes the episode watchable. Ash particularly as of late has been sadistic with the Thunders and Thunderbolts (always has but he amplified it more so lately), so it was splendid to see the Rockets get that long awaited revenge.

Beyond that, it was a plot to make Stan Lee proud as he did it with Spidey and Doc Ock in the sixties.

4/10. The schedfraude is enough to entertain.

Last edited:
    Back