• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Catching Mew

KingpiN

Pok?mon: Magmar
Years
  • All u need to know: Catching Mew

Salu2

PS: Mr. Moderator: since i didnt saw one, and considerating the importance of the matter, u shoul make this sticky, for all those new welcomers that enter to ask "how to catch mew??" "can i catch mew??"....or the alarmed ones: "you can catch mew! i tried i tried itried, it works it works" "i catch mew without gameshark it works it works".

PS2: Mr. Moderator: u can erase the PSs as well, they were just for u.

Last edited:

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
  • Mew

Catching Mew is old news..
    Everybody knows about it allready..
    But I think that it was just a mather of time until somebody
    found out how to catch Mew..

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    Does that cheat really work? I am trying it right now but it will take a while.

emeraldslay

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    I completed the cheat! It works! What once seemed such a far away creature is now in my possesion! This proves all the nintendo game guides wrong as they say that Mew is only available in special nintendo downloads. They were proved wrong! Mew is just brillaint and I would reccomend anyone to do the cheat. It is such a brillaint cheat althought it takes a while. I had got a Mew before from a special nintendo download, but I lost the save before I could trade it onto another version to keep Mew alive. I will keep Mew alive all the time, trading it before i delete saves. Now finally I have Mew! I am unstopable!
    Mu ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!
    *cough cough cough*
    PS: How does this work? I don't understand. Maybe they had to put the leftover data of Mew somewhere. While they translated the game maybe they had to move the Mew data somewhere since o nthe Japanese version you get Mew once you caught all 150 pokemon. Maybe by doing that cheat it unlocks the hidden data.
    But it's just a guess.

ash_misty4ever

We should be lovers....
    Years
  • Please don't double post MewMan. I can't belive I fell for the SS.Ann cheat! Now I have to restart my game over and complete it this way:) Thanks KingpiN for giving us the cheat!

emeraldslay

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    I didn't ash misty4ever. I did the second post when I found out it worked. What does happen if you surf left of the SS anne anwyay?

Back