• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Anim? Discussion #378: Vanity Affair!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Not too bad...nice to see Ash lose again to prove that he isn't already invincible...AND it's also nice to see a member of the Elite 4 again...although I would like to know: How many Elite 4s are they planning to do!!??? I mean, the phrase "Elite 4" implies one group around the world, but they've already gone through two different groups...

Years
  • Ichapokemr said:
    Not too bad...nice to see Ash lose again to prove that he isn't already invincible...AND it's also nice to see a member of the Elite 4 again...although I would like to know: How many Elite 4s are they planning to do!!??? I mean, the phrase "Elite 4" implies one group around the world, but they've already gone through two different groups...

So far there is just the three sets. Johto was iffy as we were already introduced to two of em before, with Bruno and Koga and they just skipped Will and Karen entirely and compensated for Lance and the over canon twist at the Lake of Rage.

At least here, Drake gave a good match and is quite cerebral. He's what an Elite Four should be, not like the lazy ness of Bruno and the overcompensating nerdiness of Lorelei.

A man's man as it were.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Dark Weezing said:
    So far there is just the three sets. Johto was iffy as we were already introduced to two of em before, with Bruno and Koga and they just skipped Will and Karen entirely and compensated for Lance and the over canon twist at the Lake of Rage.

That's my point. "Elite 4" implies only FOUR trainers, which we've hit decidedly (Bruno, Lorelei, Lance, and now Drake)...if they wanted to include all 3 sets, then they should have changed it in the anime to "Elite 12"...

...Oh, and since when were there TWO dragon trianers needed in one set??

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I liked this week's episode for the soul purpose that it showed a whole pirate feel that made me feel appy since I won a bet with my friend proving Drake is a sea capitan. Also, they (Meaning my friends) did not understand the name "Vanity Affair." I mean they were obviosly talking about how Ash is so into himself, in terms of his battling skills, that he made a whole immature "I am thye best trainer in the world!" thng that annoyed me. I thought Drake was just taking him down a peg, not thinking Ash was worthy. (I hope I did not completely flame Ash).

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Like I said a few days ago. Anything is better after last week's episode of a horror. Good thing this one came because it much better then last week's.

Enter Hoenn Elite Four: Drake!!!

This one introduce the dragon master of the Hoenn Elite Four. As Dark Weezing said before, a man's man. They did Drake on how he look which is old and tougth. Saltly too.

Once I saw Ash beat that Scizor trainer I said, "Ash is going to have a big head today." Then at the cafe he was saying like he the best and all. Ash and co just waiting there with Team Rocket just on the side and scared of Drake. Drake invites Ash and co to his ship.

As imange, Drake does own a ship or involes himself in the sea. Shows us what a Elite Four guy does when hes not beating up trainers.

The Battle. Wasn't it mean or was Ash's game was a bit down and much compared to last week's 'great battle'? I mean, did they made Ash looked amutur like in order to make Drake look good? Going straight to direct attack and all. Grass vs Flying. Not smart battling if you ask me.

Then Team Rocket comes and they fell the raft of the Hoenn dragon master.

It was nice to see Ash lose even thougth it was to a Elite Four member. It deflaeted his head a bit and retaught him a thing or two in battling. One day they need to explain the Elite Four thing but it may not matter because they rarely metion them at all. Not like we going to see Drake again. Lance maybe but not the others like Bruno and Lorelei.

Each time we see a Elite Four member they always leave Ash with a lesson

Bruno: Something about hard work and equal with your pokemon.
    Lorelei: Speak of later
    Lance: Is more of a Champion but he always about morality.

Now is it just me again or was this episode simlair to the Lorelei episode? I mean didn't Ash develope a big head after a battle and thougth he was invincable. Then Lorelei brougth him down a peg or four. I mean he was really done until Lorelei told him that he need to not gain a big head and use her mellow crazy talk on him. This time Ash shown he had mature becase he wasn't so down like he was before. Good job on showing that Ash had grown.

7/10. Much better then last weeks horror of a battle. Nice to see Ash get the defeating he needed.

lickitung

Back and better than ever!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2006
    This was an OK episode. It was nice to see Drake make an apperence. But I did have a problem with him: too stubborn. He was very demanding and wanted his coffe exactly how he likes it.

I'm glad that Ash didn't win, especially because all the winning got to his head. We needed this, especially with last week's define-the-laws-of-physics battle.

Overall, a pretty good episode. 8/10.

Pete

<>PAWN CONTROL 1.0<>
    Years
  • Yeah, I saw it and it was a fairly decent episode.
    Only complaints:
    Why do they always make Groyvle seem indirectaly crap?
    And why did Drake have the hammiest voice? That american voice actor was the worst.

Back