• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first fake card, and set.

Kaneda Morspeed

Only the most powerful win...
Years
  • Hey, I am going to post my fake cards here, a set I am working on called Gym Masters. The first one, Kaneda's Blaziken, is in the attachment.

Please give input on what I need to improve upon, etc. I am probably going to update this card tomorrow into the appropriate Eclipse Blank (they are so awesome) by Cascade of the Sky, at school, where I have Photoshop.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • Did you read the tutorial? It helps a lot. The effect text for the effect is hanging over the transparent box. It's suppose to be 10 pixels from inside that box. The weakness and retreat cost energies need to be moved around properly by the way the tutorial tells you to put it. Fix those and you'll have a near-pefect card.

Also, the Illus. text is too small and shouldn't be bolded. The correct font should be on the symbol sheet. I just also noticed that the ID needs to be moved over, and such. Upload the pic on Imageshack so that it becomes bigger and will show up better. (Unless you saved it small on Photoshop)

Kaneda Morspeed

Years
  • Ah. I did read the tutorial, but I guess I missed that part. And, I guess I will use my normal web hosting that also allows direct linking. Of course, I need 15 posts to do that. I think it saved small on Photoshop. I emailed it to myself and attached it. Also, when I redo it, should I use Cascade of the Sky's Eclipse Blanks? I am trying to make this next generation, as I will also use some Fakemon in this set.

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • Well, pretty good for yoyr first mine was....er.....horrible...lol.
    Good job, just go through the tut a million times and you'll create some really good fake cards!

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • You want to read the tutorial very carefully and look at all the examples for your first couple of fakes. Take it slow and steady to make sure you get it all just right :D

King Shuckle has outlined the errors that I see. I also notice the Power doesn't make sense. It doesn't say when you can use it.

You've made a start anyway, keep the creativity coming, and good luck with future fakes!

Kaneda Morspeed

Years
  • Here is the updated version. Click on the thumbnail to see it better. I also used a different blank, the Dual Fire/Fighting one.

Zootster

Awesome Guy Extrordinaire
    Years
  • For your first card, you did a great job. I still see a few mistakes, though:

-The PokePower should say "Once during your turn (before your attack) search your discard pile for an Energy card and attach it to Kaneda's Blaziken. That Energy card is now treated as a (F) Energy." or something along those lines.

-The 30x should be lined up with "Unleash the Fire"

-The PokePower and attack descriptions should be justified and 10 pixels away from BOTH sides of the light box

Hope this helps

Flame Claw

Flaminator
    Years
  • Wouldn't the attacks go the other way round? (I'm working this out energy-cost-wise here).
    The Power stays at the top.

This time, you've got the card ID too far over to the right!

Otherwise, good card!

Kaneda Morspeed

Years
  • Yeah, you're right. On to fixing it again...

Okay. Finished! Here it is, in the attachment!

Last edited:

Flame Claw

Flaminator
    Years
  • Sorry for being a moaner, but the + and x are too big on the attacks. I should have pointed that out earlier.

Check the tutorial for the right sizes.

Kaneda Morspeed

Years
  • Okay. I hopefully fixed every single problem. I got Photoshop CS2 today, so I will be working at home more often now. I also added the Flamestrike Badge, giving it the feel I want. Afterall, I (Kaneda), am the Owner of Dyna City Gym, and protector of the Flamestrike Badge.

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    I believe there is supposed to be a -30 next to the resistance at the bottom, and the fire energy symbols in the effects of the attacks look a little big.

Kaneda Morspeed

Years
  • D'OH! Okay, now it is hopefully fixed, besides the fire energy in the attacks now as I don't have the original .psd file on my home PC.

Back