• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would life be different?

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2006
    This is a spin off of the famous question:

If Pokemon Were Real?

If Pokemon were real, how would life be different? Would there still be schools...and if there were would we all graduate at age 10?

How about transporation...would we ride Pokemon or would there be cars? How about crime? Would real animals exist?

I thought this might be a creative questions, as I was thinking about this yesterday.

dragon-fyre

Star Wars Fan
    Years
  • Hmm... Interesting question.If Pokemon were real, I would set fire to my school.(I'd make sure it was empty first though!) I would then escape on the back of a Rapidash, and if anyone tried to stop me I would set fire to them too.!

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2006
    Rapidash use to be my favorite Pokemon :)

Realistically though, would you really burn your school?

I think Crime would be much different, as the heavy crime groups would probably have strong, powerful Pokemon.

Also, if you burnt your school it would probably be rebuilt within a day since there is the Machop Family Line :)

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Hmm... Interesting question.If Pokemon were real, I would set fire to my school.(I'd make sure it was empty first though!) I would then escape on the back of a Rapidash, and if anyone tried to stop me I would set fire to them too.!
    Then an authority with a high level Charizard trained in a police school would stop you.
    IMO, Pokemon would be used as partners and helpers in jobs, like in building. In careers like a chef, there would be psychic Pokemon to help manage the food, fire Pokemon to cook the food and water Pokemon to provide the water. A Pokemon as a teacher's assistant would be an Alakazam (to help the students) or a Machoke (to keep order)
    I've been thinking about this myself because I'm mentally working on Marana and their ways of life and government. The main characters like Aspen go to school and one of the necessary classes they take is Pokemon physics where they learn the basics of Pokemon, which ones are dangerous and how to take care of them.
    But if Pokemon were around during the early days of civilization, we know Machamps and strong Pokemon would help build the pyramids in Egypt, fire Pokemon would provide fuel to steam-operated machinery and also melt metals and glass, smart Pokemon who could speak human languages and were taught law could be government assistants or even be a stand-in President or ruler of a country.
    To find out truly how Pokemon would change our lives, we'd have to find out the tools and other things we needed to live, how exactly they were made or formed or even discovered and replace the machines that some Pokemon have the same ability as.
    It's an interesting thought, especially for a deep fanfic or for creating a country, region or world. Stuff like this really interests me, though it may give headaches to other members.
    If Pokemon were real though, I'd use a Rapidash to ride to places that were too far, a Scyther to help me cut the impossible brush in my backyard, Pidgeot to ride on and to deliver quick messages for I dont talk on the phone, water Pokemon like Squirtle to help my mom maintain all of our grass and a Sandslash, a Mr Mime and a Scyther so we could safely grow bamboo on our property.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2006
    You're right, I never thought about how Pokemon would have affected the early days.

I just watched a documentary on Egypt (still am as I type this), and Pokemon would definitley have changed history.

It would be wierd to see other Pokemon prey on eachother....Caterpie doesn't stand a chance.

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
  • I think it would be pretty much the same, but instead of animals, pokemons. Maybe some things would be different, like less cars and less polution.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • I think it would be pretty much the same, but instead of animals, pokemons. Maybe some things would be different, like less cars and less polution.
    I dont think so actually. Owning and training Pokemon could give the military a huge edge. You know WW1 and WW2? Well, imagine what they could do with Pokemon.
    Of course there could be Pokemon rights like they have animal rights. Maybe if there was a war, Pokemon would be excluded from the battle as they would result in much more damage. Look at Napolean leading his army into Russia, if he had a Charizard, he could easily provide heat and fly distances to invade nearby nations for food. The Industrial revolution may have been much different.
    But about the Pokemon assisting people, there could be certain conditions where Pokemon were prohibited to work. I dont know if I'd like a Chansey in the room that I having open-heart surgery in.
    It could turn into a huge project figuring out where we'd be if Pokemon were domesticated as early as the stone age.
    Gotta go, be back later.

Plasama546

Completely INsaNE *~*
    Years
  • My biggest question, is who pays for all the pokemon stuff. I guess that the government would tax takes from everyone... But then they would revolt... Then again that would explain the complete lack of government

Shadow Umbreon

Lurking in the Shadows
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2012
    I think that if it were real, then life would be almost the same, except our pets could shock, burn, or drown us.

Years
  • Ah, tch, a very good spinoff of tha famous question indeed... well, with pkmn around, life would be ALOT different indeed, and I believe it would affect ALL of society's aspects, aswell as social life... school? Well I think it'd actually last longer, seeing as how pkmn would be such a wide-spread phenomena that there'd HAVE ta be special classes about it... lol, I'd like ta learn about pkmn anatomy ALOT. ^________^ As for society... well, one of tha darker aspects'd probably be that pkmn would be used durin' wars... -_- On the other hand, they could help avoid disasters an' help ppl. ^^ I know one thing though -- if pmn were real, my life would be ALOT more different... tch, and FUN! ^_______^

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2006
    indeed if pokemon were around washington wouldnt cross the deleware on boats hed sail over theier with lapras or fly with pidgeot

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • Hehe,it'd be awesome to graduate at 10 >D then we could pursue a career in---gym training !!!(my life long dream!)

Years
  • Don't forget about the perverts in our society, there would have to be a new criminal classification. "Law And Order: Pokemon Victims Unit" anyone?

Nomaiya

The Disappearing Act
    Years
  • If Pokemon were in existance, I think that humans and weaker pokmeon would become extinct. Who is more likely to win a fight: a huge fire-breathing dragon (Charizard) or a puny little human? Pokemon are made to seem cute and cuddly, but I think they would be like animals. Some are nice, but some are born evil and are naturally stronger and fiercer than others.
    -Nomaiya-

Years
  • DoubleWide said:
    Don't forget about the perverts in our society, there would have to be a new criminal classification. "Law And Order: Pokemon Victims Unit" anyone?

DoubleWide, I want to quote a David Cassidy song because I'm such amusement of your post.

I am suddenly thinking of the next generation of Jynx and Smoochum to be born. God have mercy on their souls. Hehe.

Incidentally, where did I put my Jynx? ;)

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
  • if you ask me, it's just like adding a new species of dog/bird/cat etc. it would kind of disrupt the balance of nature, seeing how you'd be merging one world with another. there may be a lack of supplies in the environment, so then i'd say the pokemon would wipe out all the normal animals seeing how they have special powers like pikachu's thunderbolt(and in real life you don't just get fried and go back no normal the next scene). and then there'd be new discoveries with science and i'd say there would be crime with people using pokemon to do bad stuff(seeing how pokemon like dragonite are 50X better than humans). so basically, we'd also have a real life team rocket/aqua/magma. life would be pretty enjoyable with pokemon though. you can have cooling, heating, electricity, a pet, and perhaps even have the solution to transportation by using flying pokemon. though then in school people wouldn't fight each other, they'd fight each others' pokemon and then people might get fried X_X but i guess pokemon doesn't exist because with such an imbalance, life would be disturbed and thrown off course.

Back