• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen is using a gameshark right?

Charizard_Master56

Fire Pokemon Master
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    is using a gameshark right, because when i use it, i feel bad?

is trading for my friends strong pokemon right or should i train them myself?

should i play pokemon for fun or for competition?

which game is better emerald, fire red or sapphire?

johnnico6426

evil plan in a making
    Years
  • It Depends

The answer to all of your questions is: it depends. It depends wheter or not you value hard work when you're playing, or you like to have shortcuts. If you value hard work, then the answer for the first question is no and the second one is yes. Vice versa, in the other hand, if you enjoy having shortcuts. The third question is again one of those questions that opinions dictate your answer. Play Pokemon for fun if you just like to have some time off from your life. Play it for competition if you are the competitive type of a person. Last but not the least, the answer to the fourth question. The answer is, again, depends on how you like the way the game is played. Personally, I own all of the three games and I believe they are all good. Overall, that answer depends on your opinion. Your opinion matters because it is what dictates your personality that other people see on you. Use it wisely!​

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • It depends on your morales, mostly.

Personally I hate anything which is associated with Gameshark or Action Replay or any other cheating device.

I just hate it, since people just seems to do nothing good with it.

Charizard_Master56

Fire Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    i dont think i am going to use a gameshark except for maybe not accessable pokemon like mew, deoxys, celebi, etc

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Charizard_Master56 said:
    i dont think i am going to use a gameshark except for maybe not accessable pokemon like mew, deoxys, celebi, etc
    Thats the point... I don't like how people's attitudes are like: "oh, so I can't get Celebi... GameShark time~!!!"

I'm not dissing you in anyway though. I won't mind as long as someone uses Gameshark but tells friends they got that certain Pokemon via Gameshark.

Frost

Bomberman + Sub-Zero
    Years
  • Me, I think using a gameshark is perfectly fine.
    I have many, MANY kinds of gameshark and AR, and it's ok, because if you just want to spice up your game a bit, its cool.
    I've ruined some games with gameshark though. i'll be just starting and I'll use it and it'll be boring, but with most games, thats not the case.

Charizard_Master56

Fire Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    what should i do, most of the pokemon i plan on having on my team are not accesable until the middle of the game, should i just only have my starter until i can get them or should i use other pokemon until i get the ones i want

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2006
    In your case, I'd just go with another team until then.

But on the subject of Gamesharks, I only use them on games I have two copies of. On one copy of the game, I'll beat it fair and square, and on the other, I'll use Gameshark for many things. I've only done this on Crystal, Blue, Yellow, and Gold, however. Not on any advanced generation games.

I never interact the gameshark games with regular games, just because I think of it as stupid, because I'm getting something I didn't really work for. Now, warp codes I would understand, but just pokemod codes I don't use.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • Yeah if you wanna wreck up your game where most people have at least once with gameshark then go ahead.

I would never cheat it completely takes the fun out of the game

shinycollector

I'm back!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2012
    Hey you know guys gameshark is not good its messing up your game like if u want to find a shiny pokemon use these codes.......blah......blah.......blah its not fun. Right? if you use gameshark!The much better way is to find shiny pokemon without cheating that's more thrill so dont use it!!!!

Years
  • I think that it's okay to cheat if you want to screw up your game or if you really don't care,
    but personally I really like to screw up my game 'cause I'm a fan of glitches. Therefore,
    when I cheat it's usually for MissingNo. or something like that. Or sometimes I screw
    around by entering 8 random hex digits to see if the game crashes. So I'm not really a
    good person to ask, I just like posting. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2006
    gameshark has its pros and cons, but as for getting MEW in the blue and red ones (before we knew about the cheat!) I did NOT feel bad because you could only get mew from nintendo...

KanedaX

Frustrated DS Owner
    Years
  • I definitely have never used a Gameshark, always had a problem with it. But right now I don't have access to anyone else who plays Emerald, Ruby, or Sapphire, so I feel that it might save me some cash to use it to get characters that I could only get through trades, like the starters & the fossils.

Personal preference, though, it's like asking if someone should buy a strategy guide when they get a game, or open up a walkthrough right away. A lot of people play a lot of games and want to beat them as quickly as possible

Or, you know, up up down down left right left right b a start.

Question, though, does anyone know if the Advanced Gameshark works on the DS?

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2006
    no only for the gba game, i regret buying my gameshark sp cause all the codes i want for pokemon games are all action replay and i for some reason don't like action replay

Back