• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is ENTEI 'real'?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    Entei made an apperance on 3rd movie...well,is 'he' just another illusion pokemon created by the Unowns or 'he' is the real entei in the pokemon world?XD

p/s:my grammar is bad >.<

Last edited:
    Years
  • Please clean up your grammar. Barely understood that.

If we're talking the third movie, no, he was a construct made by the Unown using Prof Hale as a base. It's like the mecha Moltres or Zapdos of Pokemon Land, artificial and therefore not a first appearance.

Although it does its job of making the Pokemon prominent to the audience to see what it could be. Yep.

I'll leave this open for a bit, for discussion although the implication that the Entei in the movie was fake is rather clear.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    Maybe the entei is the real entei at the pokemon world,just that he got 'summoned' by the Unowns?

Well,apparently,Raikou n Suicune did made an appearance outside TV episodes,so they cant just leave out Entei,right ? >.<

Years
  • Given its summons, it did appear that the Unown made that Entei because if you've noticed past and current movies that before featured Legendary Pokemon get to do their thing, they usually have a scene where they're relaxing (Mew) or waiting (Suicune) before they get summoned and get off and go to their cue.

Entei never had that scene, thus that's another clue that the movie was a fake.

If you want to go the visual.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • Yeah, I agree that the Entei in the movie was fake. All it was concerned about was Molly, and that seems a bit strange for a legendary pokemon. Plus the way it left and the way it came into being was just like Molly's other 'fake' pokemon. It was just there because her father always read her that book, and so when she wanted him, the Unown created Entei as it was the closest they could get to the real thing. Molly saw her father as being like Entei, so they made an Entei. At least, that's how I saw it. *shrug*

Guest123_x1

Now that I think about this, there's no way that Spell of the Unown's Entei could have been real.

"If that is what you wish"--that line got old fast. It was said who knows how many times...

-ottermi619-
    "If that is what you wish" = "I have a bad feeling about this"?

Bocky

<-- the best
    Years
  • Nahh, Entei wasn't real. I mean, HE TALKED. Some pokemon talk but it was Entei. So no, I don't think he was real in that movie.

Guest123_x1

Nahh, Entei wasn't real. I mean, HE TALKED
    His mouth wasn't moving when he "spoke", so that explains it.

Years
  • Not really. I think the speaking was the Unown's part of things, because with the exception of Team Rocket's Meowth and Maiden Peak Gastly, all the other Pokemon who talked are Psychics, and Unown are Psychic, so I think that played more of a part than anything.

Besides, since he was an illusion, the writer could make up anything and he did. Heh.

That and the voice of her father placated Molly as the Unown were using her essentially, in fact it wasn't until Ash that make her wise up.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Well he can't REALLY be real because he could do anything, but wasn' Mewtwo the all powerful one? Thats why the movies don't enterfer with the actual TV series storyline, there more for just appeal, like a super long episode with a lot more action

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Entei san IS real , why does Nintendo creators add him to the Pokemon games if he wasn't real?! BTW "Fantasy" (fake) Entei was the creation of Moly. And he even "died" as a hero. He will be missed by me :(

Sorry for my grammar to , if i wrote my post wrong

Silverwing

Under the Sun, Over the Sky~
    Years
  • I think he was fake and created by the Unown. Prof. Hale said that he "was Entei" and Molly wanted her dad so the Unown created Entei.

Back