• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat forum suggestion

Micans

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2006
Instead of just one big topic per month, you could make it so you make a new topic for discussion, things that are too minor for topics in the normal OC forum. That might help for bringing up a topic in the Chit-Chat thread, then having to leave and coming back, only to find that thirty new things have been discussed and your last post is 59 pages away from the current last page. Posts made in the forum could be made so that they don't count for some reason.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
Pretty thoughtful...

The above may be so, but the chit-chat forum is infamous for its irrelevant topics and posts and the absurd speed of it...what are the possibilities of the same thing happening in the 'minor' topics? When it comes down to it, there *are* some topics like that in OC as well, albeit perhaps not as plentiful.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
Years
I have a question: WHY AREN'T THE OTHER DCC TOPICS IN THERE?!

It seems kinda useless to have one topic unlocked. You might as well add an archive section if you're only gonna have one active topic.
Although, the minor topic suggestion is alright too.

Micans

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2006
Yes. Or, better yet, we could have different DCC threads for a different general topic if you want to keep the number of threads down. There would be topics like School DCC, Work DCC, Sports DCC, and more things like that.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
Be realistic, Dakota?

I think it's a nice idea; however, part of the point of the DCC is that it's a bit like a spambox. People post in it because it's fun and moves rapidly. That would take some of the fun out of it.

John Denver

Banned
Years
Jedi_Amara said:
Be realistic, Dakota?

I think it's a nice idea; however, part of the point of the DCC is that it's a bit like a spambox. People post in it because it's fun and moves rapidly. That would take some of the fun out of it.

ok?

"That would make the Chit Chat Forum unbelievably spammish if you had a DCC for everything"

Micans

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2006
John Denver said:
That would make the Chit Chat Forum unbelievably spammish if you had a DCC for everything

Car DCC
Toast DCC
Purple DCC

People like cars, and there are lots of kinds of cars, so a Car DCC would be logical. Toast would be replaced with Food and Purple would just be deleted.

John Denver

Banned
Years
Ok, you guys are obviously missing my point. If there was a different DCC for each subject, then people would be making countless amounts of stupid topiced DCC's...

there

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
Years
Having DCCs for every little subject would kind of defeat the purpose of the DCC, which is a thread to cover all those little topics...

The reason the chit-chat forum exists is so that if someone continuously breaks DCC rules, but they don't deserve an actual ban, they can just be banned from the DCC, or something along those lines. The forum wasn't made for a million individual threads of spam...

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
Years
Pardon my pseudo-absence, but I need to throw in my 2 cents.

Rather than do that, you could simply remove that forum and thread altogether and ask people to make threads in Other Chat. This would not only serve to liven up Other Chat, but also deal with the endless spammy posts ('hello', 'what's the topic?', 'this place is dead', etc.) that seems to sift from that thread.

That ends my opinion. But first, before anybody replies, I'd like to request you look at this from an optimist's perspective - ignore the traditions and heritage that the thread carries and instead look at how it's affecting the community. I ask this because this argument has come up many times before and each time disregarded because of its legacy.

Thanks. ^_^

John Denver

Banned
Years
Airashii said:
Pardon my pseudo-absence, but I need to throw in my 2 cents.

Rather than do that, you could simply remove that forum and thread altogether and ask people to make threads in Other Chat. This would not only serve to liven up Other Chat, but also deal with the endless spammy posts ('hello', 'what's the topic?', 'this place is dead', etc.) that seems to sift from that thread.

That ends my opinion. But first, before anybody replies, I'd like to request you look at this from an optimist's perspective - ignore the traditions and heritage that the thread carries and instead look at how it's affecting the community. I ask this because this argument has come up many times before and each time disregarded because of its legacy.

Thanks. ^_^

I think the pre-tampered DCC was perfect. The one with the 25,000 posts? Yeah that one. Anyone ever notice how OC is nearly dead nowadays. The DCC really brought activity to OC...

Back when I was praetor, the other staff always whined about how horrible the DCC is. Kylie and Andy used to rant on trying to think of reasons to get rid of it. At one point, Jake even said he wanted the DCC closed immediately and indefinately. Why? Hell, I dunno...I think they didn't like the DCC because they didn't like the fact that there was one tiny area of PC where they didn't have complete and total control over...

Like I said before, the DCC was perfect before the staff tryed to "improve" it...

Last edited:

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
The DCC brought activity to OC, yes, but that's the thing. The DCC -was- the OC activity. People didn't make threads about things they could have, because they brought it all to DCC, and now with the separation we're seeing that. Rather than split up the DCC, we should forget about it and try to bring activity to OC in other ways.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
A "DCC" for every little thing defeats the purpose of the OC main forum... a specified "car talk" should be a normal thread in the OC main forum.

DCC is meant to casually chat with each other, and you shouldn't have to look for what's your last post, and read what happened in between... if there's 20 new pages added since you last post, just look at the previous 3 posts and that should be enough for you to rejoin the conversation again.

Back