• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Anime Discussion #399: Rhapsody in Drew

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
  • I loved this episode.

1. Flygon is one of my FAVORITE pokemon and Drew is one of my favorite characters so that was awesome

2. May FINALLY showed Harley whos boss

3. There was a lot of hints of romance at the end

Things I didn't like

1. The voice for Glalie
    2. ...
    3. That it had to end XD

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • Ahh, I just loved the Contestshipping hints at the end! =D

Drew was saying that he hoped to see her again, and that she had done really well, and then she went all red....so cute! XD

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    man these contestshipping episodes are a devil with the pain in the butt -_-cant ash just kick drew out of here sometime?well he wont be in the next season so far what i know but the may VS misty thing can start if it does i'll get so hyper i'll destroy the nearest most expensive mansion cheering for may to get her boy of her dreams!

Mandy-Chan

*~Candy Mandy~*
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 24, 2007
    ^I thought he showed up 7 episodes into the battle frontier...? ...Something about an arcanine...

I thought this was a splendid episode =D! Drew is my favorite guy charactor so it's always awesome to see him in an episode=3... The contestshippy parts were really adorable<3 and the battle between May and Drew was pretty cool:3...Drew's flygon was really awesome too=3!
    *~Mandy-chan~*

Ari-chan

hypnotizing
    Years
  • I thought this was a really good episode too. Its always nice to se Drew, since he is one of my favorite characters. The battles were great, and the scene at the end was cute. I miss Snowrunt though, it was cute, I wish it didn't have to evovle.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • The battle begins!!! Harly vs May. Time to see if the good and trusting May will win against the bad and deceitful Harly.

So it is Harly's Caturnue and Banette. That is a very creepy pokemon with that laugh. Did you notice that May was using pokemon that are close to Harly. I mean look at it. She use Bulbasaur to beat him the first time they met and Skitty because it did a good job in the last appeal. Irony? Glad to see that good people are rewarded in the end. NYA!! Silver Wind and Razor Leaf. WONDERFUL and NEW!!! NYA!!!

Antony. Not a complete waste.

Drew vs May. Nice surprise to see that Drew was using a new pokemon. I thought that May would use Munchlax but that be stupid on May's part. The battle was great. I just got one thing to complain. The point system was a bit messed up. I mean this one part; I thought that May's pokemon fight back would take more out of Drew's points. Still it was a good one. May fave part of this contest battle was the flaming Combustkin and Sky Uppercut. COOLIE!!!

Drew vs Robert. Yeah. This guy kind of sound like a professor from Yu-Gi-Oh GX. Maybe it is just me. Just a side thought. Still. Drew did got beat bad here and I thought that he would put up a better fight. Still limited on time and stuff. Drew did put up a good fight.

The evolution. Hmm. It all involve the Ice Beam being in his head. I was beginning to like Snorunt. He was funny. We just going have to see if Galice has Snorunt's funny charm.

Nice to see that May is taking the advice a true friend gave her. She went with her heart and she was able to do a great performance. Now she is set on becoming a contest person. Til the next Grand Festival. NYA!!

9/10- Great stuff. Evolution and a contest final. Great stuff.

So the Grand Festival is over now. We complained that we didn't see the 5th ribbon won but still. We got some good stuff. We saw some of May's old friends and that was great. We saw Snorunt evolve. Harly was beaten by May and we won't see him again till the Kanto's Contests. Till the Kanto Contests but for now it is Ever Grade City and the Hoenn Championships!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Drew told May to go with her heart. was Drew telling Maythat he like her and wanted to be more than freind's?? God I hope not!! any way the episode was pretty good. it whould have been better if May had beated Drew, and if May did not notice Drew at the beach....:\

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • Darn, another anti-contestshipper -.-

Anyway, I think Drew meant that he wanted ger to go with her heart. You can almost tell that he likes her by the way that he acted, how he always gives her a rose, and that he said that hoped to see her again.

By telling her to go with her heart, I think in fact he meant for her to go with her heart. He doesn't want to be with somebody or keep chasing after them if she's not interested at all, so he probably wanted to know so he could know if he should keep trying or not. There's my two cents ^^;;

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • I don't really care much about Shipping even though I would like to see some maturally in the anime as in love. Still I like to see that. I find it sweet how Drew always is sweet towards May as in giving her roses and stuff.

Follow your heart. It has nothing to do with love unless it is making a decidion of love. Drew wasn't telling her involing love. It was to tell her to follow her instences. Do what you think is right. That what Drew was telling her.

Back