• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Darkness Falls

~*Nariko*~

Do the hustle! o.o;
Years
  • Here's my newest Pokemon fanfiction. I've never posted my stories on this site, so I hope you guys like it. Tell me what you think. Here's the prologue.

Prologue​

It was a beautiful day in the large city of Rustboro. The sun was shining bright and the streets were packed with people and Pokemon alike.

Weaving her way through the crowds of people, was a small, 9-year-old girl with pale blue hair and brilliant sapphire colored eyes. Trailing a few yards behind her, was an unusually colored Sneasel which was apparently having a hard time keeping up with the girl.

Unlike a normal Sneasel's plain dark gray fur, this Sneasel had pitch black fur which was covered in several silver markings. Its ear and tail were also silver and the stones on its forhead and chest which were usually yellow, were a deep crimson color which matched the Pokemon's eyes.

When the girl realized how far behind her Pokemon was, she stopped and whirled around. "Come on, Silver!" she called. When the Sneasel caught up with her, it was completely out of breath. "What's wrong? You're so slow today!" The Sneasel gave her an annoyed look before climbing up to the girl's shoulder.

"Sneasel," the Pokemon said.

"Fine, you can sit there," the girl sighed. The Sneasel smiled and nuzzled its trainer's cheek. The girl smiled and continued to push her way through the crowd towards Meteor Falls. She and her Pokemon had found an old abandoned building around that area just the day before. Being as curious as she was, the girl couldn't keep herself from exploring the old building.

After walking for about a mile through route 115, they came across the entrance to Meteor Falls. Just a few yards from the entrance, was the old house they had found before hidden behind trees and thick brush. It had a haunted house feel to it, but to the girl and her Pokemon, it just made it all the more exciting.

The duo aproched the building and tried to get a look inside through one of the windows. Unfortunatly, the window was to old and dirty to see through. "Should we go inside?" the girl asked, turning her head towards the Pokemon on her shoulder.

"Snee!" the Sneasel replied, nodding

The girl returned the nod and they circled the building, searching for a door. When they found it, the girl reached out to grab the doorknob but it fell of when she had barely even touched it. They both glanced at each other before the girl pushed the door open.

As soon as they stepped into the building, a musty scent filled their noses. All the corners of the room were filled with cobwebs and the floor was covered in a thick layer of dust. There was no furniture, only a few empty boxes placed in random spots throught the building.

"It's not as cool in here as I thought it was gonna be..." the girl said as she looked around. "Come on, lets go." Just as the girl was about to head towards the door, the Sneasel's ears twitched and it looked behind them.

Under one of the boxes, it could see a faint green light shining through a crack in the floor. "Sneasel!" it cried and jumped off the girl's shoulder.

"What's wrong??" the girl asked. The Sneasel ran over to the box and pushed it a few feet. When the box was out of the way, it stuck its claws into a crack in the floor and lifted up a large piece of the wooden paneling. A bright green light illuminated the room as soon as the Sneasel had removed the part of the floor.

They both peered down into the hole. It was about ten feet above the floor below and inside, they could see several people dressed in white lab coats scurrying about the room. They could also see a few sphirical science tubes spaced evenly throught the room. The people in the white lab coats were taking notes on whatever resided within the tubes while three others dressed in dark blue and purple outfits observed their activities.

"What do you think they're doing?" the girl asked.

"Sneasel, snee," the Pokemon replied, apparently just as curious.

They both leaned futher over the hole, trying to get a better view of what was going on. Suddenly, the floor beneith them caved in and they both fell to the floor below. Luckily, a person who had been standing just below them when the floor caved in cushoned their fall.

When they realized that they had landed on a person, they quickly jumped up and looked around. "Intruder!" someone shouted. The girl and the Pokemon both looked at eachother with worried looks on their faces. Then, they were suddenly surrounded by several of the people in white lab coats as well as the three dressed in the purple and blue outfits.

They both looked around, trying to find a way out. Finding nothing, the Pokemon decided to take things into it's own hands. It extended its claws and attacked three of the people, making a path out of the crowd. "Sneasel!" it said, motioning for it's trainer to follow. The girl ran after the Pokemon and followed it into another room.

They both pressed themselves against the wall as a few of the people ran past. Luckily, they didn't see them. The girl sighed with relife and looked down towards her Pokemon, but it was no longer there. "Silver!?" the girl exclaimed and frantically looked around the room. She noticed it looking up at one of the sphirical tubes that the scientists had been taking notes on.

Inside, was a lage Pokemon that the girl had never seen before. It's body was large and shaped like a fox and the Pokemon was covered in spikes. It was a dark blue color with several purple spots. Folded against it's back, was a pair of large dragon wings. The Pokemon's tail was almost twice as long as it's body.

"What is that...?" the girl asked.

"Sneasel...." her Pokemon replied.

Then suddenly, they were both grabbed from behind. They struggled to get free, but the people who were holding them were too strong. "What should we do with them?" one of them asked.

"They've seen too much, erase their memory and get rid of them," the other one replied. One of the other scientists came in and stepped in front of them. The girl could make out a purple "A" printed on the front of his lab coat. She gave him a nasty glare as he pulled a siringe out of one of his pockets.

"This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't wandered in here, girl," the man said and stuck the needle into her arm. She cringed, and then suddenly, her body went numb and she blacked out.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • A good story thus far, though a few things. Your characters are slightly unrealistic. I mean, if I fell through the ground into a group of strange freaks in lab coats, I'd be doing more than sharing a worried look with my Pokemon. I, personally, would be running for my life or battling like heck was on my heels.

It also seems a little odd that the scientists don't have a better security system than that... or at least some sort of support under the decaying floor. Not very smart for people labled "scientists". It's just a little unrealistic.

The only other thing is that Pokemon speaking like they do in the anime gets really annoying, fast. Every time the Sneasle is speaking, it doesn't need a speech. It could merely nod agreement or express worry.

But the frame of the story is good, if a little unoriginal. Keep it up, and I'm sure you'll improve!

Back