• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

24 year old with big Pokemon ambitions! *longish post*

Groove

Bler
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2007
    Howdy folks!! I'm an avid gamer and quite an oldie - 24. And married. And polyamorous for anyone old enough to take an interest in that (adresses below - links need to have 15+ posts for some dumb reason).
    xeromag.com/fvpoly.html
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyamory

I'm into weight training, gaming (especially Zelda and Metriod), sci-fi and philosophy though I'm no geek as I enjoy my stomping nights out for anyone that's interested - and I know how to dress! ;) And I'm in the UK. Um, is that all...?

I'm guessing there's quite a mix of ages here, from the n00b ROM questions with appalling grammar right thought to the articulate, well typed pieces from either a)mature or b)older members that I've noticed on here. But my friends age from 15 to 45, so age is always moot for me. *shrugs* But I'm guessing that there are many other old members here - Pokemon appeals to 2 types of people: kids, and serious gamers. The latter are usually 14+ with no upper limit on age.

After playing Yellow a few years back but deciding to sell it when I cleared out a lot of stuff of mine, I decideed to jump back into Pokemon, ad get the latest GBA 'standard') edition (as in not a remake - Sapphire.

I intend to get all the Pokemon and have the final evolution (this includes multi evolutions such as Eevee) of every pokemon with high EVs at level 100 usable on my cart by the end of it all. This of course will entail using other copies such as Ruby/Saphire and I'll get around to getting Leaf/Fire at some point as well. And maybe XD too. If anyone can give me some pointers on how to obtain enough of the rare guys such as Eevee (well, I'll need 5 of 'em, maybe 6 if an unevolved Eevee has any remarkable traits!) or a little more in depth stuff about EVs, IVs and breeding then I'm ALL ears; hell, I've not even got my first badge yet and have only clocked an hour and a half of gameplay! And yes, I've already looked at the FAQs on GameFAQs! ^_^

Insomnium

♥ ~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2015
    You can get more then one rare Pokemon by breeding them with a Ditto, ^-^

Groove

Bler
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2007
    Ah, excellent news, thanks - can't ge Eevee at all in Sapphire though right? One of my faves. :(

As for the others, that's great... that means that I could import othes from other games and breed them then send them back to get all the Pokemon as me as the original trainer too, right?

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Can't help you with your question. But I'd like to welcome you to the forums. I'm new too, well, I've been here for three days. Teh ppl w/ bad grammer annoy teh crap out of me 2.

Pokemon Rules.

Tina

Secretly Hoardes Persians
    Years
  • Breed Eevee with a ditto.
    It's great if you have the code "Quick Egg Hatch" on Gameshark too.
    I'm still having issues with getting Umbreon and Espeon. I think I'm just going to use those sun and moon shards.

[back on topic] Welcome to the forums! It's my first day. I think you'll be able to just ignore the "bad-grammar-and-spelling-who-flunked-basic-English" people.

See you on the forums. =)

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • Welcome to PC! Enjoy and read the rules xD I never breed so I don't have any information to you but just saying welcome to PC and if you want to be my friend P.m. me xD

Groove

Bler
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2007
    Well thanks for the warm welcoming, hope my intro post didn't bore you with too much needless information.

RayquazaX - hopefully I'll come to be everyone's friend that posts here on PC that shares my interests - that's what these places are here for isn't it? ^_^

Raiyna

I'm coming back! ♥
    Years
  • Hewwo there! ^ ^ You're not too old for Pokemon/Anime/Manga/anythingelseJapanese-ish because it's all for adults, too. ^ ^ Anyways, hope you have fun here and enjoy your stay. ^ ~ OMFG you like Metroid? o o;; We'll become friends easily. <3

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    24? o___o Believe it or not, you're not the oldest member here.
    Either way, Welcome to the PC. x3
    Hope you enjoy your time here!

~ Peace

See ya around the forums.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Don't worry, Groove, it didn't. XD

Welcome to PokéCommunity (as many people call it, PC), and we hope you have a really fun time here, it's nice to meet an older member that is an avid fan of gaming. ;D

Indeed we have, and the age of PC's members isn't really defined, we can have members from 8 years old up to your age, and even older.

And no, your post wasn't boring at all, on the contrary even, I found it quite interestind. ^^

Be sure to take a sneak peek at the rules, but I'm sure you'll be fine with them. XD

I'm wakachamo, from Portugal, and it's a pleasure to meet you. If you have any questions be sure to check the FAQ or you can PM me (or anybody else, really XD) with anything you need.

Once again, I hope you have a fantastic time here, and I'll be seeing you soon. =D

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    welcome 2 PC groove! but i just wanted 2 let u know, you're not the oldest member here, but its good that you like games and pokemon and stuff! PM me if you wanna be friends! ^_^

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Welcome, enjoy your time at PC, I love it myself.

Good to see an older, mature game, and specifically, Pokémon fan here, especially from the UK! Just proves that this game is far from dead and has more appeal than it gets credit for :)

And you're never too old to be a gamer :D I don't wanna grow out of it myself.

You seem pretty sorted, and a snappy dresser too? I bet I outdress you good sir :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Wow, I don't see too many introductory posts like this. Welcome to PC; I'm sure you'll fit in well here. Nice to meet you~

As for the 15-post requirement for posting links...we actually have that because we have major issues with people registering just to spam with forum links and the like as advertisements. With that, we can just avoid that whole issue altogether, usually.

Regardless, I hope you have fun here!

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Wow. That was a book. o.O

Anywho...welcome to PC. It's always good to meet other older members in here. Seems like you are very interested in PokeMon, so this forum should be a nice fit for you. All the help you'll ever need is right here. If you ever have questions or anything, let me know and I'll try to help you out. See you around the community!! XD

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
  • Welcome to PC! :) It's nice to see some older members (I often feel old myself since so many people here are younger than me! XD) I hope you enjoy your stay here! I enjoyed reading your introduction post - I'm from the UK, too!

If you're interested in art, please stop by the Art Gallery! :) We have loads of great artists there.

--FG

terminatorhollywood

Welcome to PC! :) It's nice to see some older members (I often feel old myself since so many people here are younger than me! XD) I hope you enjoy your stay here! I enjoyed reading your introduction post - I'm from the UK, too!

If you're interested in art, please stop by the Art Gallery! :) We have loads of great artists there.

--FG
    deffinately nice to see older people still in thescene!

Back