• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

..::eyyy::..

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2006
    hey all

i'm new in these parts, never been on this site b4. i wanted to talk pokemon so i typed 'pokemon forum' in google and this was the top answer.

i would say that i am a decent enough trainer, but i'm a bit foreign to the new versions like RuSa. despite having played and defeated the elite 4 in firered, emerald and ruby, i found that all these newbie pokemon just dont make the cut for me. who are all these pokemon like 'electrike' and 'mawile'? most of them are just brainless ideas of nintendo execs who couldn't think of anything better than 'iron bird' (skarmory) and 'fire turtle' (torkoal). imo, nothing beats the original 150 pokedex in RBY, i could probably list them all off the top of my head.

in my earlier days i would cram my party pokemon with attacking moves, so that there were no defensive moves left. now when i look at sites with recommended movesets, i see pokemon with maybe 1 attacking moves (i.e. brick break) and 2 or 3 moves like 'swords dance' and 'bulk up'

Is that what makes a good pokemon these days, or has that always been the way and I'm just stupid? I must say that since i've kept moves like 'amnesia' (which turned out to be awesome) my pokemon have performed better, more like gym leaders i reckon (except without the losing).:cool: as the gym leader from Fuschia city (in RBY) says "pokemon isn't merely about brute strength". After i whooped his a-s-s with Charizard sporting the moveset 'flamethrower, hyper beam, mega punch and strength', I began to realise what he meant. Now i shudder at that hideous moveset, but i guess it was fun while it lasted...

anyway this post is probly like every other n00b post on this site but hey, what are you going to do? seriously, what are you going to do? what? :laugh: hahaha nothing thats right! you're powerless to my might! :laugh:

signed,
    n00b

PS If you want to have a heated argument about pokemon then I'm your man;)

Back