• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Omega: Text Version

Dr. Mack Foxx

Veteran Trainer/Mad Scientist
Years
  • After defeating Cipher and clearing them out of the Gardev Mountains, Dr. Mack Foxx and Aura, a young Gardevoir (Also the Guardian of Gardev) decide to go and clear Cipher out of the region, but where should they begin? Perhaps the nearest city, Alakaz, might yeild some clues. However, the demented scientist, Dr. Alvin Namwen, still has the suit of powerful battle armor that had been stolen from Mack as well as the plans for many of his kinder brother's inventions. Dr. Namwen gets ready to use Mack's own high technology against him as he prepares to complete his greatest triumph: Project Omega. Meanwhile, Cecil is still seathing with rage after all he lost back near the village of Gardev as well as his gigantic base in Mt. Terror and seems to be ready to give anything to eliminate Mack and Aura. Before Mack and Aura left Gardev, Glacian, Aura's great-great grandfather said that Aura would find her mate during her travels with Mack. As she eagerly awaits meeting her mate, Mack is still anxious about possible side effects that resulted from the crude fusion and seperation of him and Aura.

The sequel to The Village Guardian. I suggest that you read The Village Guardain before reading this story. The Village Guardian can be viewed here:

Written by Dr. Mack Foxx with some help from Aaraboga Jones

This is a work of fan-fiction and may not be modified or sold under any circumstances.

Original Story, Characters and all other Original Content are Copyright 1987, 1995, 1999 and 2006 Philip "Dr. Mack Foxx" Byard and Aaron "Aaraboga Jones" Byard

Poke'mon and all related content and characters are Copyright 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2005 and 2006 to Nintendo, Game Freak, Creatures and The Poke'mon Company

Ages 10+ Suggested for Violence and some Romance
    >Story Navigation<
    Scene #01- The Long Road Ahead
    Scene #02- Dr. Namwen's Plan
    Scene #03- Determined Stowaways
    Scene #04- Mountainous Trek
    Scene #05- Absent Siblings
    Scene #06- Arrival in Alakaz
    Scene #07- Dr. Namwen's Trap
    Scene #08- Anna's Unrelaxful Morning
    Scene #09- The Tournament Begins
    Scene #10- Suspicions
    Scene #11- Easy Going?
    Scene #12- Simon's Nemesis
    Scene #13- The Trap Snaps Shut
    Scene #14- Unknown Talent
    Scene #15- Unforeseen Consequences
    Scene #16- Re-cooperation and Acceptance
    Scene #17- Far From Finished
    Scene #18- Onward!
    Scene #19- Glacian's Foresight
    Scene #20- Confrontation in Alakaz
    Scene #21- Family Reunion
    Scene #22- Captured
    Scene #23- Aura's Determinatiom
    Scene #24- Dr. Namwen's Ambitions
    Scene #25- The Showdown Begins
    Scene #26- Guardian of Alakaz
    Scene #27- The Future?
    Scene #28- The Fierce Firefight
    Scene #29- Uncertainties
    Scene #30- Confrontation with a Madman
    Scene #31- Heartfelt Return Home
    Scene #32- The Future is Bright
    Scene #33- Picking Up the Pieces at Cipher
    Scene #34- Great Days Ahead
    Scene #35- Wedding Bells Shall Ring
    Scene #36- Unexpected Recovery
    Scene #37- Celebration in Gardev
    Scene #38- Devious Dr. Namwen

Thank you and I eagerly await your comments and reviews! Constructive critism is always welcome. I hope you'll enjoy the next part of my series. This is another large story, so take your time with it and enjoy.

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #1

Dr. Mack Foxx tightly gripped the black handlebars of his metallic S-12 hovercycle as he raced through the forest. Aura, a young Gardevoir who was the Guardian of Gardev, tightly wrapped her arms around Mack as they flew through the woods at high-speed. Mack could barely hear the Spearow and Pidgeys tweeting and squawking over the loud hum of the hovercycle.

"Where are we going?" asked Aura.

"We're heading back to the lab to re-supply. There is no way this hovercycle is going to carry everything that we'll need," replied Mack as he carefully guided his vehicle between the large trees. Mack almost could not believe what had happened over the last few months. Between battling Cipher, discovering a city of Ralts, Kirlia and Gardevoir, unraveling the secrets of the nearby village of Gardev and getting fused with the Gardevoir who protected Gardev, Mack was exhausted. Just minutes ago, Mack and Aura had departed from Gardev on a mission to stop Cipher. From what Mack could gather, the odds were not in his favor. Not only had Cipher stolen the S-100 Type I Battle Armor, but Mack's new friend, Dr. Newman, had managed to reverse-engineer much of the armor's components while he was still working for Cipher. Though Dr. Newman was now a valuable ally, the scientist's brother had managed to steal all the schematics and blue prints for not only the copied S-100 technologies, but also for a Seismic Generator as well as a machine known as Project Epsilon. The Seismic Generator could either be used to create powerful, localized earthquakes or it could be used to stop powerful quakes before they could do any real damage: all with the push of a button. Project Epsilon had Mack worried even more. If Cipher managed to make a working copy of it, then nothing would stop the criminal organization from stealing and capturing Poke'mon from anywhere on Earth. Aura's thoughts were elsewhere. She gazed into the deep-blue sapphire pendant in her right hand. Aura's great-great grandfather, Glacian, had revealed to her that she would find her life-long mate on her travels with Mack. The pendant would be a gift for the Gardevoir of her choice. Aura couldn't help but wonder who her mate would be and when she would find him. The hovercycle soon came to a gentle stop in front of what looked like a rock wall on the side of a hill. To anyone else, this wall of solid rock was no concern, but Mack knew otherwise. He knew what was hidden behind the smooth, gray and black granite wall.

"Is this the place?" asked Aura as she dismounted from the hovercycle.

"Yep, this is it," said Mack as he pressed some buttons on his watch. After a few sharp beeps from the watch, the granite wall rumbled and creaked as it slid away, revealing a large, silvery metal door. Mack walked up to a small control panel on the left side of the door. Aura followed Mack closely. Aside from Aura's soft footsteps, this part of the forest was almost silent. After Mack entered a secret code on the control pad, the door opened with a soft hiss. Aura followed Mack as he got into what looked like an elevator. After pressing a few buttons on the elevator's green control panel, the doors closed with a soft thump. The elevator hummed as they descended. The elevator soon came to an abrupt stop and the doors quickly opened. As they entered a large room, Mack's robotic companion, K-1-27 greeted them as they stepped out of the elevator.

"Welcome back, Mack!" said K-1 cheerfully, "I suspect that you are here for supplies?" Mack and Aura seemed to be puzzled about something.

"How did you get here before we did? We left Gardev just a matter of minutes ago," said a confused Mack.

"I used my built-in teleportation systems, of course. I found that method to be more effective than walking or flying back here," explained K-1, "At any rate, you came here to gather supplies for your journey, correct?"

"Yes. That and I'm also here for the S-1 Air-Car," said Mack as he gazed around his lab and then back at K-1's large, cat-like face.

"I see you brought Aura with you as well," said K-1 as he faced Aura, "Nice to see you again, madam."

"Thank you," said Aura with a smile, "But you can just call me Aura."

"Understood," said K-1 happily as he walked over to a giant screen in the room with a large control panel in front of it. The multi-colored lights on the panel were lit up like a Christmas tree amid the electronic clicks and beeps that came from the giant computer.

"How is Central doing?" asked Mack with concern. Central was the powerful artificial intelligence/sentience program that Mack and K-1 had developed many years ago to aid them not only in their scientific exploits, but also to help run all the systems in Mack's hidden, underground laboratory.

"Central has nearly finished recovering the data that was corrupted from the bizarre explosion," explained K-1. Just weeks ago, Mack had destroyed the original Project Epsilon. The resulting explosion not only separated Mack and Aura, but the blast caused magnetic disturbances that disrupted complex electronics. Though Central, herself, had survived, all the information in her data arrays had been scrambled.

"It should only be a few more days. By then, I will also have completed the analysis of your DNA," answered K-1. After Mack and Aura had been separated, K-1 decided that the best way to discover any side-effects would be to compare a sample of Mack's current DNA from a sample that had been taken right after Mack and K-1 had crash-landed into the world of Poke'mon. K-1 was optimistic of the results, but he still had only analyzed 67% of Mack's current DNA structure. However, so far, K-1 had found nothing unusual. This was perplexing, though, especially since Mack could now understand other Poke'mon without needing an electronic translator. K-1 figured that he would also check Aura after he was finished with Mack, especially since Aura could now wield the same power over light that Mack had.

"Good. Things will run much smoother once Central is running properly again. We should also check Aura for additional side-effects," said Mack.

"Once Central is operational, checking Aura for problems would take only a matter of minutes," said K-1.

"Granted, it would only take a second for all that if we were back home," laughed Mack.

"No kidding!" said K-1 with a chuckle, "At any rate, what all will you need besides the S-1?"

"Let's start with the Air-Car. Are all the modifications complete?" asked Mack.

"I did everything you asked: thicker armor plating, an enhanced engine, improved energy shielding and stronger repulsors. The Air-Car should now have a flight ceiling of 5,000 feet off the ground," answered K-1 with some excitement.

"Excellent. It can fly twice as high now. That'll make it easier to get to the nearest town from Gardev," said Mack.

"Since the alternative is over one hundred miles of mountain roads, flight is definitely the best way to go," said K-1. Aura seemed a bit nervous.

"Is something wrong, Aura?" asked Mack.

"Well…" said Aura with some hesitation, "I've never been flying before."

"No need to be frightened, Aura," reassured K-1, "The S-1 Air-Car flies smoothly and there are plenty of emergency systems on board. That way, you won't crash, even if the engines fail."

"Okay," said Aura with a sigh of relief.

"Most likely, you'll sleep during the trip. Either that or you'll be too busy looking at the scenery," said Mack as he faced K-1, "I'll need enough supplies for at least 3 weeks for me and three Poke'mon."

"Ah, ha," said K-1, "Food, water, extra fuel and spare parts."

"I'll also take my FIW-59A Pistol and one FIW-37 Combo-Rifle. 30 reserve power cells should be enough," said Mack as he glanced over the weapons he kept in a glass case.

"Speaking of weapons," said K-1 sheepishly, "I have not yet installed the Level-4 Turbo Plasma Cannon on the S-1."

"We won't need it!" laughed Mack, "We're just visiting the town, not trying to conquer it!"

"That's logical," said K-1, "I doubt the local police would appreciate it if a light, flying tank showed up in their city." While Mack and K-1 kept discussing about supplies and weapons, Aura was busy looking at a tall, metal man that stood against a wall on the far left side of the room. K-1 stopped talking and turned his gaze towards Aura.

"I see Aura has discovered the R-25A robots," said K-1.

"What do these…R-25's do?" asked Aura with curiosity.

"Ah," said Mack as he walked to and then stood at Aura's side, "The R-25A is a 5 and a half foot tall robot that is designed for multiple uses: heavy lifting, repairing electronics and vehicles and also for use as a security unit. They have some artificial intelligence and will act friendly to anyone but a hostile target."

"I'll have the other R-25s bring the supplies and weapons you requested up to the surface," said K-1. Mack then remembered something important.

"Is Dr. Newman here?" asked Mack.

"That reminds me," said K-1 as he faced Mack, "Dr. Newman would prefer it if we just called him Eric."

"Very well," said Mack.

"At any rate, Eric went back to Gardev for now. He should be back here later this evening," said K-1 as Mack walked past a glass case that was filled with weapons. Amidst all the glistening cannons, Mack's eyes soon fell on the blackened and half-melted remains of a Capture Claw. Mack could only imagine what Cipher was plotting.

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #2

Cecil Drake, one of Cipher's most well-known administrators was reclining behind his new brown, wooden desk. Cecil was indeed well-known throughout Cipher, but mainly because of his failures back at Gardev and at what once was the Mt. Terror facility. Just weeks ago, Cecil was standing before the boss of Cipher, about to be demoted for all the recent disasters that had happened under Cecil's authority. All that changed after Dr. Namwen stepped in and had managed to convince the boss to let Cecil keep his position within Cipher. Despite the fact that Cecil was in the clear now, he still wanted vengeance against the Guardian of Gardev and especially against the alien warrior he had met just before the Mt. Terror facility literally vanished in a thick cloud of flaming smoke. Dr. Namwen soon entered the room with a group of six black Alakazams behind him. The Alakazams gave Cecil the creeps. Not only did Dr. Namwen use their intelligence like Dr. Newman did, but these Alakazams were completely emotionless and followed Dr. Namwen around like mindless zombies.

"I think you'll be happy to know that the boss has no ill thoughts of you any more," said Dr. Namwen in a dry, raspy voice. The sound Dr. Namwen's voice was so eerie that Cecil almost liked the sound of scraping razor blades against a chalkboard more than having to listen to the madness in the scientist's voice.

"Indeed," said Cecil uneasily, "I hear that things are going well in the Orre region."

"Yes, they are," said Dr. Namwen with a cruel chuckle, "Project XD001 is almost operational. On top of that, the construction of a new Seismic Generator has begun. Not to mention that an improved copy of Project Epsilon is being designed as we speak. I think Epsilon Mark II will be a considerable improvement, but it will take some time to complete."

"I take it the field team had a heck of a time finding and capturing a Lugia," said Cecil.

"Yes," said Dr. Namwen, "With the information that my inferior brother gathered at the Gardev base, I was able to find the perfect match to be used for XD001. The field team was almost eliminated in the capture attempt. The Lugia knew they were coming for it. If the team had not had a Master Ball on hand, they would have been annihilated by the Lugia for sure."

"It's a real pity the company that designed and made the Master Balls never had them mass-produced," remarked Cecil.

"If only they had, the loss of the Capture Cannons would not have been as…devastating," said Dr. Namwen with disappointment, "Nevertheless, your Master Ball was quite useful. The boss was all too happy to receive it from you just days before we captured the Lugia. I think your present was a good way to help denounce any more…accusations against your ability to be a leader within Cipher."

"You have no idea how relieved I am…" grumbled Cecil, "If you had not stood up for me, I would have been lower on the command chain than those bumbling Hexagon Brothers!" Dr. Namwen could tell that there was more going on in Cecil's mind than he was letting on.

"I see you would like nothing else, but to destroy the Guardian of Gardev, the alien warrior and the town of Gardev itself," observed Dr. Namwen as he read Cecil's thoughts through telepathy.

"I wish you wouldn't probe my mind like that…" muttered Cecil, "But you are right."

"Patience, my friend," said Dr. Namwen in a sadistic tone of voice, "Once everything has fallen in place, I will be able to grant your wish."

"And what of the legendary Gardevoir city?" asked Cecil. Dr. Namwen closed his eyes and stood silent for a few minutes before he answered Cecil.

"You will be there when the Gardevoir city is found. You will also be there as we harvest the hundreds, nay, thousands of Ralts, Kirlia and Gardevoir," said Dr. Namwen, "I only wish my powers would reveal the location of the Gardevoir city."

"I'll be looking forward to that day," said Cecil as he reclined at his desk. After Dr. Namwen has closely inspected the remains of the alien's armor, he wished he could fully repair it and then pilot it. Virtually nothing could stop the alien's armor that Dr. Namwen could think of. Dr. Namwen soon left the room with a grin on his face. After all, if everything went well, he would have the armor suit operating again within three weeks.

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #3

While Mack and K-1 plotted their next move, the R-25s were on the surface, loading equipment and supplies onto the S-1. The R-25s continued their work, not caring about the Poke'mon that had gather near the crates of food. The four Poke'mon, a Mawile and three Kirlia, watched in awe as the tall metal men continued their work.

"I wonder what other tricks Mack has up his sleeve," remarked Li, the Mawile.

"I wish I could have on of those robots to clean my room," said Anna the Kirlia with jealousy.

"No kidding…" grumbled Fredrick, Anna's older Kirlia brother.

"Come on you two, there's no need to fight about that right now," said Sakura the Kirlia softly. Fredrick seemed puzzled about what they were even doing here near the entrance to Mack's hidden lab.

"Anna, what are we doing here?" asked a confused Fredrick.

"Simple, we're going to go with our sister and Mack on their journey!" said Anna triumphantly, much to Fredrick's dismay.

"We can't go with them! Ramirez will have our heads if we leave the mountains! He'll be cross enough if he finds out that we dared so much as to leave Gardev without telling him!" warned Fredrick as he soon noticed that no one was listening to him. Li was keeping an eye on the robots while Anna was trying to figure out how to come along with Mack and Aura without being noticed.

"You're always such a worry-wart!" snapped Anna.

"And with good reason!" growled Fredrick, "You're always getting me and our friends in trouble! I'm heading back to Gardev."

"You mean you won't come with us?" asked Sakura with some sadness in her voice.

"Of course not!" shouted Fredrick, "I'm going to get Ramirez over here and have him drag you back to Gardev!" As Fredrick started to storm off back to the forest, Anna whispered something to Sakura. Sakura giggled and then leapt in front of Fredrick.

"What is it?" asked an irritated Fredrick. Sakura just smiled and started twirling on her toes. Fredrick watched attentively as Sakura gracefully danced in front of him.

"Do all Kirlia know ballet?" asked Li with curiosity.

"Of course," said Anna as she winked her eye, "Fredrick can dance like that too, but the people in Gardev usually laugh at him." Sakura giggled and then stared deeply into Fredrick's eyes.

"I wouldn't gaze at Sakura right now if I were you," warned Anna quietly as she and Li quickly faced away from Sakura. Sakura giggled as her eyes started glowing. Fredrick soon fell to the ground in a deep sleep.

"He's out now," said Sakura happily as she finished her ballet with a graceful bow. Li stared at Fredrick as he slept, almost dumbfounded at what had just happened.

"Hypnosis, right?" asked Li.

"Yep!" laughed Sakura.

"Yeah, that'll shut him up for now," said Anna with some laughter as her gaze soon fell on a large plastic container. The container seemed to be filled with food.

"You think we'll fit in that?" asked Li as he pointed at the container.

"Of course!" said Anna with resolve, "Plus all that food in there should keep us well fed during the trip." Sakura took up Fredrick in her arms and walked up next to Anna and Li.

"We should take him with us, shouldn't we?" asked Sakura.

"Either that or we let this little punk get away and tattle on us," said Anna with a scowl. Anna was closely watching the robots as they continued their work.

"What do you think will happen if they see us?" asked Li.

"They won't see us!" laughed Anna as she held out a familiar box with buttons and knobs on it.

"Did you swipe Mack's cloaking device again?" asked Li as he raised an eyebrow. Before he could answer, Anna pressed a large red button on the device and casually walked up to the crate with Sakura and Li right behind her. They quickly climbed into the crate. Sakura lifted Fredrick into the crate using telekinesis and then quickly dove in.

"At least these Styrofoam peanuts are soft," muttered Li as he spat a few out of his large maw. Seconds later, one of the robots walked over and put a lid on the container.

"Careful R-25-8," said one robot to another, "That crate is very fragile."

"Affirmative, number R-25-3," replied R-25-8 as he carefully loaded the crate into the back on the S-1 Air-Car. Anna breathed a sigh of relief as she soon discovered a flashlight in the bottom of the crate.

"At least we won't have to travel in darkness," said Anna while Li feverishly looked over the packages and bags of food.

"Chocolate brownies? Mountain Dew? What kind of food crate is this?" asked a bewildered Li.

"This is the best stuff! Trust me!" said Anna as she opened a bag of potato chips. Li's mouth watered as the potato chip bag crinkled as Anna opened it. A strange aroma filled the crate.

"Are those things any good?" asked Li eagerly. Anna gazed at Li with disbelief.

"You've never had potato chips before?" asked Anna with amazement, "Of course these things are good!"

"Okay," said Li as he grabbed a bag of chips in his large mouth and tried to swallow it. Anna laughed at Li as he coughed up the bag of chips.

"You're not supposed to eat the whole blasted bag," giggled Anna. Meanwhile, Mack and Aura were heading back to the surface in the elevator with K-1.

"Okay, the S-1 is loaded and ready to go," said K-1 as the elevator door opened. The R-25s stood in a line outside the door.

"Nicely done, R-25-2," said Mack.

"My pleasure, sir," replied R-25-2 as Aura sat down in the S-1.

"It should only be an hour of driving until you reach the nearest city, Alakaz," said K-1, "I've marked the city on the S-1's computer."

"Thanks, K-1!" said Mack with a smile as he jumped into the driver's seat. Aura still seemed uneasy.

"Still nervous, Aura?" asked Mack as he gripped the steering wheel in his hands.

"Yes," said Aura with nervous laughter, "It's just that I've never been flying before in a machine like this." K-1 smiled at Aura.

"You have nothing to worry about with Mack at the controls," said K-1 as he tried to calm Aura.

"That's good to know," said Aura with a smile.

"Yep. Nothing to worry about, except losing your lunch," said K-1 sarcastically with a big grin on his face.

"Very funny, K-1!" growled Mack as he started up the S-1 while Aura erupted with laughter.

"Have a good trip, Mack," said K-1 as the Air-Car hummed loudly.

"I'll call you when I get to Alakaz," said Mack as he started to drive away. K-1 extended an arm from his chest compartment and waved goodbye as Mack, Aura and the S-1 disappeared into the dense green forest. Moments later, an R-25 walked up to K-1.

"Pardon me, sir, but one of the tools has gone missing," reported the R-25.

"A missing tool, eh? What happened?" asked K-1.

"Another R-25 seems to have lost a wrench while making repairs to the S-1," answered the R-25.

"It's probably of no concern," said K-1. Off in the distance, a pair of eyes in one of the trees watched K-1 closely. This ancient Poke'mon had been watching Mack and Aura for some time. His name was Simon and he was a Kabutops. Simon lived only for one thing now: to challenge the world's strongest Poke'mon and then defeat them in combat. Simon had witnessed Aura's power on several occasions and the impressive displays only made Simon want to challenge the fair Guardian to a battle even more.

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #4

Twenty minutes into the flight and all was well. The powerful thunderstorms that surrounded the mountains once every year had finally cleared just a few days ago. The fair weather made the flight in the Air-Car pleasant. While Mack carefully guided the S-1, Aura gazed left and right at the mountainous scenery. Aura had never seen these dark, craggy peaks before.

"Enjoying the view?" asked Mack as he glanced over at Aura.

"Yes," replied Aura with a smile, "I've lived my entire life in Gardev and have never seen these mountains this close before."

"You mean you've never even set foot into the Gardevoir city?" asked Mack with curiosity.

"No. As the first born of my siblings, it was my duty from the beginning to live in and protect Gardev. You know how the male and female guardians wear the sapphire and ruby pendants as a symbol of their duty, right? Well, when I was born, another pendant was put around my neck. It was a diamond pendant, meant for the next guardian," explained Aura with some sadness in her voice, "As I grew, my mother and father taught me about Gardev, the history of the guardians and how to use my powers."

"Ah," said Mack as he carefully kept an eye on the controls and flight instruments.

"I was then told about my one other responsibility," said Aura as she continued her story, "Just weeks after I had evolved into a Gardevoir, my parents told me that one day, I would have to find a mate. A Gardevoir who was not only worthy to be a guardian, but who would also care for me and eventually the two of us would have offspring. Whoever my firstborn is will wear the diamond pendant and will be the next Guardian of Gardev."

"Well, at least we know that you will find your mate on your travels, whoever it is, I know he'll take good care of you and Gardev," said Mack with a grin as he tilted the steering wheel, giving Aura a better view of one of the snow-capped peaks, "What ever happened to your parents anyway and why do Ramirez, Fredrick and Anna live in the Gardevoir city?" Aura's eyes misted over. The only thing that broke the silence was the soft humming from the Air-Car as it slid through the sky.

"I'm sorry…" said Mack, "I shouldn't have asked…"

"It's okay…" said Aura quietly, "I'll tell you. You see, just weeks after I had evolved, my parents disappeared while exploring the forests just outside of Gardev. When they didn't return for several days, everyone in Gardev went out to search for them. After searching for weeks, all we were able to find were their pendants and their wedding rings…"

"That's strange…" said Mack, "Glacian did mention their disappearance."

"When we found out that they were gone, Glacian then made me the new Guardian of Gardev. He took off the diamond pendant and then put the ruby pendant around my neck. It glowed brightly for a few minutes afterwards. Ramirez then decided to take charge of Fredrick and Anna. He took them to the Gardevoir city where he continued to raise them. Fortunately, they would visit me from time to time. It was quite a surprise the day Anna evolved into a Kirlia. Why, she's two years younger than Fredrick!" laughed Aura. Mack chuckled.

"Quite the temper on that one, eh?" said Mack with a grin.

"Yes," said a smiling Aura, "She probably evolved after another fight at school."

"Pardon me for asking, but what would a Ralts or a Kirlia learn in school?" asked a bewildered Mack.

"Oh, just the usual, most important things: ballet, how to use their powers and when to use them. Besides, being a good ballet dancer is a great way to get the attention of the girls," giggled Aura.

"Well, I can't dance, so that rules me out!" said Mack with nervous laughter. Aura closed her eyes and smiled. Suddenly, an alarm on the control panel lit up.

"What's this?" asked Aura as she pointed at the flashing red light on the panel.

"I don't get it…" muttered Mack, "How could the engines be overheating?"

"Are we going to crash?" asked Aura with fear.

"No, but we are going to have to land very soon," said Mack as he quickly looked around for a safe place to set down. A green meadow right below them seemed like a good spot. Mack pressed a few buttons on the panel and gently descended the Air-Car to the ground. Moments after they had landed, Mack jumped out of the driver's seat, grabbed a toolbox from the back of the S-1 and was soon under the Air-Car. Aura stayed in the passenger seat.

"What do you think happened?" asked Aura.

"I'm not sure," replied Mack as he tinkered with the S-1's parts, "Something is causing the cooling units to fail. It's almost like there's some sort of short in the electrical systems." Aura closed her eyes and concentrated.

"Try panel #3 and to the left," said Aura.

"Okay," said Mack as he removed some screws from the access panel. Mack soon removed the panel. Much to his surprise, he found a wrench wedged between the power lines for the cooling units and the power cells.

"Did you find it?" asked Aura as she opened her eyes.

"Yeah," said a surprised Mack, "One of the R-25's must have left it in here by mistake."

"I thought you said they had artificial intelligence," said Aura.

"They do have artificial intelligence, but they still can't think for themselves. All they can do is run programs and since programs are extremely difficult to make perfect, they are bound to make mistakes once in awhile," explained Mack as he put on a thick, rubber glove and then yanked the blackened wrench from its hiding place, "What I'd like to know, is how you knew which access panel to check."

"I'm…not sure…" said an uneasy Aura.

"Well, at least the S-1 will work properly now," said Mack as he climbed out from under the machine, "But it's still going to take an hour or so for this thing to cool off. If we had stayed air-borne for 5 minutes longer, the engines would have started to melt from the inside. May as well just sit back and enjoy the view." While Mack and Aura reclined in the S-1, a Poke'mon kept its gaze on them, waiting for the right moment to strike.

"They have no idea that I'm even here;" thought Simon, the ancient Kabutops, "Perfect." Meanwhile, the young Poke'mon in the crate were sitting back, trying to enjoy the cramped crate. Anna was not having much fun now.

"Ohhh…" groaned Anna as she slumped against the side of the crate.

"What's wrong?" asked Sakura.

"I think that eighth brownie got the best of me…" said a nauseated Anna.

"Didn't you say this food was the best stuff?" asked a perplexed Li.

"It is the best…" groaned Anna as she tried to smile.

"As long as you don't try to eat a crate of it," said Sakura with soft laughter.

"Words to live by…" said Anna, trying to laugh. Fredrick groaned as he started to wake up with his head in Sakura's lap. Fredrick took one look around the inside of the crate and sighed loudly.

"Let me guess…" started Fredrick as he slowly sat up.

"Yep," said Anna as she started to feel better, "We're with Mack and Aura."

"Hiding in a crate full of junk food," said Li as he interrupted Anna. Fredrick glanced around the crate again and soon noticed that the floor was covered with wrappers.

"Anna tried to eat everything in here, didn't she?" demanded Fredrick.

"Yep…" said Sakura. Fredrick suddenly turned his head to the left.

"There's something out there…whatever it is, its watching us…waiting for the right moment to strike," said Fredrick with concern. Sakura, Li and Anna quickly stood up.

"What should we do?" asked Sakura fearfully.

"Get ready to attack…" said Fredrick softly. Simon leapt silently to a tree at the edge of the forest. He gauged the distance carefully, hoping to jump into the back of the Air-Car and surprise the young Gardevoir. Simon suddenly heard some strange sounds underneath his feet. He glanced down and quickly discovered that the branch he was standing on was breaking under his weight.

"Oh, bother…" grumbled Simon as the branch feel out from under his feet. Mack and Aura suddenly jumped out of the S-1 to find out where the screaming was coming from. Their eyes soon fell on a Kabutops, less than 15 yards away from them.

"Guardian of Gardev! I challenge you…!" said the Kabutops as one of the crates in the back of the S-1 immediately flew open.

"ATTACK!!" screamed Anna as the group of young Poke'mon jumped forward and tackled the Kabutops to the ground.

"ACK!!" screamed the Kabutops as it tried to shake the young Poke'mon off of himself, "Get them off me!!" Mack and Aura glanced at each other.

"Looks like they managed to follow us after all," said Aura with a nervous smile.

"Indeed…" grumbled Mack as he walked towards the struggling Kabutops, "That's enough! Let him go!"

"But, he was going to attack you!" said Anna with one arm wrapped around the Kabutops' neck and the other arm blazing with electricity.

"There's no need for that. You can lower your Thunder Punch," said Mack as he glanced at Li, who had one of the Kabutops' feet in his giant, toothy maw, "And take that thing out of your mouth, Li! You have no idea where it's been!"

"Good point," said Li nervously as he released his grip. After the young Poke'mon had released the Kabutops, the Kabutops got back on its feet and dusted itself off.

"Thank you…" grumbled the Kabutops as it glared at Aura's siblings and friends. Mack didn't know quite what to make of this Poke'mon intruder, so he kept his hand at his side-arm, ready to
    defend himself if needed. The Kabutops glanced at Mack's weapon.

"You can relax, sir, I'm not going to hurt you," said the Kabutops calmly.

"Then why did you try to surprise-attack us?!" demanded Anna as she got another Thunder Punch ready.

"No need to get defensive, young Kirlia, I intended to challenge the Guardian of Gardev to honorable combat," said the Kabutops.

"Who are you then and why do you want to fight Aura?" demanded Mack.

"So, her name is Aura? How fitting for one with such beauty among Poke'mon. Anyway, my name is Simon. For millennia, I have traveled the world to fight all the legendary Poke'mon as well as the strongest Poke'mon in existence," explained Simon, "So far, I have defeated Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew and many other legendary and seemingly unstoppable Poke'mon. One hundred years ago, I even challenged the ruler of the Gardevoir city. His name was Glacian and he was the only one who ever defeated me and with one shot, I might add!"

"My great-great grandfather was too much for you, wasn't he?" giggled Aura.

"Don't remind me," grumbled Simon, "That was the most embarrassing moment of my entire life."

"Nevertheless, why did you want to fight Aura?" asked Mack again.

"To be honest, I haven't had a decent fight in decades. I've been trying to hunt down the Poke'mon known as Mewtwo, but to no avail. I figured that a weaker member of the guardian bloodline would be an excellent opponent for the time being," explained Simon as he gazed at Aura.

"What do you mean 'Weaker?'" scowled Anna, "Aura's the best!" Simon laughed.

"Then why can't the fair guardian use the legendary power of her pendant?" said Simon with spite. Aura and Mack said nothing.

"I think I've proven my point," said Simon, "But don't think of me as being rude. Aura is by far the most powerful Gardevoir I've ever laid my eyes on without the power of that pendant." Mack looked Simon over and could tell that this Kabutops was powerful, even if only physically.

"What do you think, Aura? Will you fight Simon?" asked Mack as he faced Aura.

"Not here," said Aura with hesitation.

"You can tag along with us if you want, I'm sure Aura will accept your challenge after we get to Alakaz," said Mack. Simon eyes opened wide when he heard the name of the nearest town.

"You are on your way to Alakaz? Then I beg of you to take me with you! I heard that an unidentified Poke'mon was spotted there just days ago. Maybe I can track it and catch up with it," said Simon.

"And try to pummel it?" said an annoyed Anna.

"Yes, that's the idea," said Simon matter-of-factly.

"Very well," said Mack.

"You sure you can trust this guy?" asked Anna. Aura smiled and put her right arm on Anna's left shoulder.

"He may be violent, but he is honorable. We can trust him," said Aura softly. Mack sighed as he took a closer look at Anna and then the S-1 and immediately noticed the food wrappers on the ground and in the crate.

"At least I now know what happened to the dessert rations," muttered Mack as they boarded the Air-Car. Anna laughed nervously as she jumped into the back of the Air-Car.

"Are you going to take us back to Gardev?" asked Anna quietly and with some fear in her voice.

"Even if I dragged you back to Gardev and had Ramirez chain the lot of you to the ground, I doubt that would stop you from trying to come with Aura and me," muttered Mack as the S-1 came to life with a loud hum and started to lift off the ground, kicking up dust and dirt. Aura giggled quietly as the Air-Car started moving forward.

"I've never been to another city before," said Li.

"Where are we going, anyway?" asked Anna.

"We're on our way to Alakaz," answered Mack as the S-1 accelerated through the mountain passes. Despite the fact that the engines were now cool, Mack couldn't get the S-1 to fly higher than 200 feet off the ground

"Is there something wrong?" asked Aura as she glanced at Mack.

"It must have been the excessive heat," replied Mack as he struggled to get the Air-Car to fly higher, "It must have damaged the repulsors. I can't even get this thing to go faster than fifty miles an hour. Add that to the mountainous terrain and I don't think we're going to get to Alakaz for at least 3 more hours."

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #5

Warren sat in his office at city hall, back at Gardev. He was still troubled and unsure about what Glacian had said before. Warren could understand that Glacian and Mack could become good friends, but the one thing that didn't add up was how Glacian had said that something was going to happen to Mack. Whatever it was, it would either empower Mack or destroy him. Warren glanced out the window and saw Glacian walk by on his way back to Warren's house. Glacian soon arrived at Warren's house and then entered Aura's room. There, he found Ramirez pacing nervously back and forth.

"What's the problem, Ramirez?" asked Glacian calmly.

"It's Anna, Fredrick, Sakura and Li! No one has heard from them or seen them since this morning!" replied an irritated Ramirez.

"Do you know where they might be?" asked Glacian.

"I'll bet those little trouble-makers are trying to follow Mack and Aura on their journey. They probably stowed away in a crate or something that Mack had loaded onto one of his machines," grumbled Ramirez. Glacian walked up and took Ramirez by his right hand.

"There's no need to worry, for they are indeed with Mack and Aura. They'll be safe with them. You know as well as I that Mack and Aura would never let anyone hurt them," said Glacian as he tried to calm Ramirez down.

"I guess, but I worried about Anna starting another fight or getting them into trouble once again," said Ramirez unhappily. Glacian just smiled at held Ramirez's emerald pendant in his hand.

"You don't have to worry; besides, Mack also has Xavier and William to watch over them. They will be fine," said Glacian as he let the pendant fall out of his hand, "After all, you need to watch over Gardev until they return."

"You're right," said Ramirez as he finally calmed down and the sat down on Aura's bed. Glacian gazed at Ramirez.

"You're like your father when he was younger," remarked Glacian as he started to leave the room. Glacian suddenly stopped in his track and faced Ramirez.

"Do you sense something?" asked Ramirez.

"Tell me," said Glacian as he sat next to Ramirez, "What do you make of Dr. Foxx?" Ramirez sat silently for a moment, thinking carefully.

"I see that he's an honorable and powerful being, even though he's from a different world, I can trust him, I can even say that he's my friend," replied Ramirez.

"That's good," said Glacian with a smile, "Because you are going to be seeing him a lot in the coming years."

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #6

What was only supposed to be an hour's journey had soon become a long trek to Alakaz. Mack could finally see the city lights on the horizon along with the colorful sunset. The grey peaks of the Gardev Mountains were quickly becoming dark and the young Poke'mon had fallen asleep during the flight. As darkness fell, the only lights near Mack were the buttons, gauges and screens on the S-1. Aura was sleeping too and her ruby pendant was glowing faintly. Mack checked his maps and soon saw a highway just a few hundred yards from his position. Mack figured it would be better if he drove into Alakaz instead of flying. He knew he was going to attract a lot of attention just because of his face and due to the news reports of that had spread through the television networks like wild fire. While Mack descended to the highway below, Simon kept a vigilant eye on the young Poke'mon as they slept. The time was now 7:57 PM and Mack decided that they should get to a hotel. Though Mack had modified his DNA over the years to remove frailties, he never had bothered to find to way to make it so he would no longer need sleep.

"So, you heard something about an unidentified Poke'mon?" asked Mack. He wanted to have a conversation, mostly as a means to make what was left of the trip to Alakaz less monotonous.

"Yes," replied Simon, "The Poke'mon that was mentioned was a large golden bird of sorts. At least that's what I've heard from other Poke'mon who traveled through Alakaz to the mountains over the last few days."

"A golden bird, eh? Interesting," said Mack, "That sounds like Zapdos."

"No. This wasn't Zapdos. I defeated him centuries ago," said Simon as Mack drove the S-1 up to a large building within the city. Fortunately for Mack, no one had really noticed him, the Poke'mon or his hovering car.

"This place should do. I just need a room with large balcony for Xavier. He sleeps best outside his Poke' Ball. Just like William," said Mack as he gently tapped on Aura's shoulder.

"Yes? Are we there?" yawned Aura.

"We're going to stay here for the night," said Mack as he jumped out of the S-1 while Aura woke up Anna, Sakura, Li and Fredrick. They entered the hotel through some bronze and glass doors on the front. Inside, marble floors, bronze columns and crystal chandeliers greeted them.

"Isn't this a bit too fancy?" asked an uneasy Aura.

"We're going to a need a large suite with a balcony. According to the information in the S-1's computer, this is the only place in the entire city that has what we'll need," explained Mack as Aura, Simon and the groggy, young Poke'mon followed him to the front desk. The clerk looked up from reading a newspaper and almost jumped from the surprise of the group coming towards the desk. The clerk soon recognized the person in the front of the group.

"Wait…" said the clerk, "You're Dr. Foxx! I saw your picture in the paper just a few days ago. I read about you protecting Gardev as well as you trying to stop some sort of criminal organization. What were they called: Cipher?"

"Yes," answered Mack as he read a book that listed information about the hotel, "I'll have to book the honeymoon suite here. It's the only thing big enough for us."

"That's going to be quite pricey; besides, the suite is too large for just you, a Gardevoir, a Kabutops and those younger Poke'mon," said the clerk as he checked the readout from a computer on the desk.

"It's the only room with a large balcony. I'll need that for my Lugia," said Mack as the clerk went wide-eyed.

"You have a Lugia?!" shouted the clerk with surprise.

"Indeed I do," answered Mack as the clerk tried to regain his composure, "I also have a Pikachu with me."

"Okay, I can understand that," said the clerk as he walked over to a cash register, "It's still going to be $3,500 for one night in there for you and your Poke'mon."

"I'm not his…!" said Simon as Aura quickly put her right hand over Simon's mouth. The clerk gazed at Simon with a bewildered look on his face. Aura let go of Simon's mouth.

"It couldn't be…" stammered the clerk.

"Kabutops! Ka-bu-tops!" said Simon gruffly.

"Must be the long hours here," said the clerk with relief, "I thought for a second I heard that Kabutops talk!"

"Gardev, Gard, Gardevoir!" said Aura angrily at Simon.

"Quiet! We don't want to draw unwanted attention!" is what Mack heard Aura say.

"Okay," said the clerk as he typed at the computer, "One adult and eight Poke'mon for the suite." Just as Mack was about to hand his debit card to the clerk, he heard someone cough from behind him. Mack and the Poke'mon quickly faced a tall man in a dark blue, pinstriped suit.

"What have we here?" asked the man to the clerk.

"Just Dr. Foxx and some Poke'mon," said the clerk nervously, "They were just about to lease the honeymoon suite for the night since they need such a large room and the balcony."

"My Lugia, Xavier, only sleeps well outside his Poke' Ball," said Mack.

"Dr. Foxx is it?" asked the man as he extended his right hand, "Well, then! I'm the owner of this hotel: my name is John Allens! It's a pleasure to have you here, Dr. Foxx!"

"Thank you," said Mack politely as he shook John's hand. John faced the clerk.

"So, how much was it for them to stay in the suite for the night?" asked John.

"$3,500 for the night," answered the clerk.

"Ah," said John as he walked past Mack, "I say we let them stay the first night for free, what do you think?"

"Whatever you say, sir!" answered the clerk.

"Very good," said John as he faced Mack, "I hope you'll find your stay at my hotel to be quite pleasant. If there's anything you need, I'm sure that room service can help you out."

"Thank you," said Mack.

"Need help with any luggage?" asked John.

"I didn't bring any, but thanks for asking," replied Mack.

"Okay," said John as he started to leave the lobby, "Have a pleasant night!" The clerk quickly gave Mack the key.

"He must admire you for your deeds in Gardev," said the clerk with glee.

"I guess so," said Mack as he took the key, "Okay, everyone, lets get some sleep!" Mack and the Poke'mon soon were on their way to the suite. Once inside, they discovered that their room was even fancier than the lobby.

"Talk about living things up!" said Li with amazement.

"I'll have to have room service bring me some ice cream, doughnuts, cookies and cake!" said Anna with excitement.

"I think you've had enough sugar for one day…" muttered Fredrick, "After all, you ate almost all the desserts that Mack brought with him!"

"But I didn't so much as touch the chocolate bars, so there!" said Anna in an annoying tone as she stuck her tongue out at Fredrick.

"Yeah!" said Sakura with nervous laughter, "That was Li!"

"That's enough," said Aura gently as she picked up Anna in her arms, "No more fighting you two." Fredrick and Anna glared at each other. Mack decided to explore the room a bit more. He soon discovered a Jacuzzi, spacious rooms and a large bed with red sheets in the bedroom.

"Where shall I sleep?" yawned Aura as she entered the room behind Mack.

"You can take the bed. It's probably more comfortable than your bed back in Gardev," answered Mack as he looked around the room.

"Where will you sleep, then?" asked Aura.

"Probably in the living room," said Mack as he stretched his arms over his head, "The couch should suffice."

"You should have the bed since you've worked so hard to get us here," said Aura. Mack laughed.

"No thank you, besides, I said I would take good care of you, so you can sleep in here," said Mack as there was a knock at the door. Mack ran to the door and answered it.

"I hope I'm not disturbing you," said John cautiously.

"Not at all," said Mack as Aura walked over to Mack's side.

"Good," said John as he wiped some sweat off his forehead with a white handkerchief, "I was just going to invite you to a private Poke'mon tournament tomorrow. It's just for the city's elite. Why, everyone of importance will be there tomorrow. The mayor is even looking forward to meeting you there. The rules are simple: it's a single-elimination tournament. You can only enter one Poke'mon. Would you be interested in joining in? I, for one, would like to see your skills as a trainer." Mack glanced over at Aura.

"What do you think, Aura? Would you like to be in the tournament?" asked Mack. Aura smiled and nodded her head.

"We'll be there!" said Mack with excitement.

"Good, just be sure that you don't bring any firearms into the battle room. It's against the law around here," said John as he pointed at the pistol at Mack's side, "The tournament will be in the Alakaz First National Bank. You can't miss it, it's the tallest building in the city."

"We'll be fighting in a bank?" asked a confused Mack.

"There's a large battle room and seating on the 60th floor," said John as he started to leave, "I look forward to seeing you there." John soon left the doorway and Mack quickly closed and locked the door.

"Are you sure about this, Aura?" asked Mack, "You could get hurt badly in a fight and what if you face off against a Dark Type?" Aura smiled and formed an orb of light in her right hand.

"I don't think I have to worry about that," said Aura with a grin. Before long, they were all getting ready for bed. Mack released Xavier out onto the balcony where Fredrick and Li soon fell asleep under one of Xavier's wings. Sakura and Anna stole a few pillows off the bed and slept in Aura's room while Mack and William soon feel asleep on the couch.

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #7

Elsewhere, Dr. Namwen stood alone in a dark room with metal walls, filled with giant computers and a large, clear capsule in the middle of the room. The din of electronic beeps and clicks filled the room and the buttons and panels of lights blinked endlessly. A Cipher trooper entered the room and saluted Dr. Namwen.

"Good evening, sir," said the trooper.

"Good evening, indeed, captain," said Dr. Namwen as he faced the trooper. The trooper wasn't sure, but in the dimly-lit room, Dr. Namwen's eyes seemed to have a slight, red glow to them.

"When will you be going to sleep sir?" asked the trooper.

"I don't sleep, remember, captain?" said an irritated Dr. Namwen, "Tell me, captain, do you know why this is a good evening?"

"Because Cipher is planning its first major strike in the Orre region?" asked the trooper.

"Besides that," said Dr. Namwen with a grin on his darkened face. The trooper was starting to get unnerved at the sound of Dr. Namwen's raspy breathing.

"I don't know…" said the trooper uneasily.

"A trap has been set for the Guardian of Gardev and for that aggravating alien warrior," said Dr. Namwen with delight, "That and I'm one step closer to snagging the ultimate Poke'mon prize, locally speaking."

"What do you mean, locally?" asked the trooper with curiosity.

"My prize lies in Gardev: one of the bloodline of the guardians," said Dr. Namwen with glee, "It is almost in my grasp."

"You mean Project Epsilon Mk II?" asked the trooper.

"Of course, captain. With the improved Project Epsilon, not only will I be able to catch one of the Guardian's blood relatives, but the Gardevoir of my choice will also know of the location of the legendary Gardevoir city! With the location of the Gardevoir city, all the Ralts, Kirlia and Gardevoir will belong to me. I remember hearing legends of a samurai army that apparently came close to the fabled city. They wanted to capture the Ralts, Kirlia and Gardevoir to force them to join their army, but they were all driven away by ghostly apparitions of demons and monsters. Soon, I will fulfill their long-lost dream."

"An army of psychic Poke'mon is promising," said the trooper.

"But that's not all, captain," said Dr. Namwen with an evil grin on his face, "I'm not sure whether I should believe Cecil's reports or not. He said that when the Guardian pinned him, he could tell that the alien mercenary and the Guardian were in the same body. Imagine what we could do if we could combine humans with Poke'mon DNA? What if we could use the powers of Poke'mon against our enemies? They could never stand before us! The world would belong to Cipher!" The trooper quietly walked away as Dr. Namwen erupted with maniacal laughter. This trooper had heard that Dr. Namwen was brilliant, but also insane. The rumors were nothing compared to what he had just heard.

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #8

Anna was sitting outside on the balcony, drawing a picture with some pens and some paper she had found in one of the containers on the S-1. Xavier and William kept a close eye on the young Poke'mon. Though the weather was pleasant: sunny and without a cloud in the sky, Anna was thoroughly irritated.

"Are you still mad at them?" asked Sakura as she and Fredrick practiced ballet together.

"Of course I am!" grumbled Anna as she angrily ground the pen into the marble floor, "They went to the tournament and didn't even ask if I wanted to come!"

"The rules were that only one Poke'mon could participate. Besides, Mack and Aura would be too busy to keep an eye on you," said Li as he sipped some lemonade. Sakura laughed at Li as he sat back; wearing the pair of sunglasses that Paul had given to Mack back at Gardev while he was bonded with Aura.

"Who says I need someone to watch over me?!" yelled Anna as she threw the pen off the balcony. Xavier quickly reached out and caught it with his mouth.

"Your temper is quite a weakness for you, Anna," said Xavier as he placed the pen back on the ground.

"Kinda hard to imagine that something so cute could be so sour!" laughed Li. Anna glared at Li.

"Relax, sis!" said Fredrick as he continued to dance with Sakura, "Think about what's going on! Here we are, relaxing in a ritzy hotel in a big city that we've never been to before!"

"We've never left Gardev or the mountains before," giggled Sakura, "May as well enjoy our little vacation."

"Good point," said Anna as she finally started to feel better.

"But no matter what, no room service for you! The last thing the people at this hotel need is for someone to eat them out of house and home!" said William with a grin. Anna blushed and laughed loudly.

"That reminds me," said William as he walked over to Xavier's side, "Where on earth did Simon go?"

"Simon said he had some things to take care of, so he left right after Mack and Aura did," said Xavier.

"You suppose he's after that Poke'mon?" asked William.

"That's possible," said Xavier as he gazed at the laughing young Poke'mon, "I'll bet that he went out to find clues about it or maybe even to try and track it. He only lives for combat now and he won't rest until he's either defeated or fought against the world's strongest Poke'mon."

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #9

Mack and Aura were walking down the street towards the Alakaz First National Bank. The town's people stared and marveled at the site of an anthropomorphic fox and a beautiful Gardevoir walking together.

"That's Dr. Foxx, isn't it?" asked an old man.

"I wonder where that Gardevoir got that incredible pendant," said a young woman.

"I'll bet it was a gift from Dr. Foxx to her for winning several battles," said the young woman's boyfriend. Aura glanced over at Mack, who seemed to be very nervous.

"Why are you so uneasy?" asked Aura quietly.

"I may not have to hide my face now due to my popularity, but I'm still not used to being in crowds," whispered Mack, "Believe me, I'll feel much better once we get to the bank."
    Soon, Mack and Aura finally arrived at the bank. As they entered through the front doors, John greeted them.

"Ah! Glad you could make it, Dr. Foxx," said John with a grin, "And I see you brought your gorgeous Gardevoir as well. I bet she'll win the tournament."

"You think so?" asked Mack.

"Yes, but you'll have to get past me first!" said John as he stroked a growling Houndoom, "I've never lost a match, Dr. Foxx and I'm not going to start today. If you can make it to the finals, I'll get to see what you're made of."

"I won't disappoint you. Just watch," said Mack.

"May the best trainer and their Poke'mon win," said John as he and Mack shook hands. John led them to an elevator. Minutes later, they were on the 60th floor and behind a set of large, bronze double-doors; they gazed upon the marble floor of the battle room. Around the arena, people sat in chairs behind several feet of bullet-proof glass. Though the arena was well lit, Mack could not tell who was in the dimly-lit crowd. Another person nearby caught his attention: a short man, wrapped in a brown trench coat with a fedora on his head.

"Ah! Who might you be?" asked Mack. The cloaked figure did not answer.

"He seems pretty shy," remarked Aura.

"Best of luck to you," said Mack as he walked by him. The man nodded his head. Soon a man's booming voice was heard in the arena.

"Welcome one and all to the 43rd annual Private Cup Tournament! As you all know, this a private tournament for the elite of Alakaz. Best of all, there are no reporters or journalists! No one else has to know about this tournament except for who are champion is!" said an announcer over the PA system.

"Looks like a tournament for only the wealthy," said Mack quietly.

"Well, maybe we can show these arrogant…people a thing or two," said Aura as she winked at Mack. The trainers lined up on opposite sides of the field.

"The first round of opponents shall be determined randomly…" said the announcer, "And our first combatants are…Dr. Mack Foxx and his Gardevoir, Aura versus Dr. Jones!" The crowd roared as Mack and Aura took their positions on the field. Soon, the short man in the brown trench coat strutted onto the field.

"Oh, so we get to fight him first, very well," said Mack to himself. Aura seemed to be very worried about their opponent.

"This round will be a one-on-one fight with no time limit. Let the match begin!" said the announcer as a loud bell rang overhead in the arena. Mack glared at the opposing trainer while Aura got ready. Suddenly, the man ripped off his trench coat and threw the fedora aside, revealing a Kabutops. The crowd went silent.

"Simon?!" shouted Mack with extreme surprise as Aura's eyes opened wide with shock.

"This is a first! Somehow, a wild Poke'mon managed to enter the competition unnoticed. Let me check the records…" said the announcer as he started flipping through some books on his desk.

"Now, fair Guardian of Gardev, we shall fight and find out who is the strongest!" shouted Simon from the other side of the field.

"Just a moment here, people, while I check the tournament rules," said the announcer.

"You've got to be crazy!" shouted Mack.

"Maybe," said Simon with spite.

"I have what I'm looking for right here!" said the announcer, "Is says here that a trainer may enter the tournament with one Poke'mon. Since the word 'Trainer' is not defined as being human or anything thereof, this Kabutops may legally fight in the tournament, even if he is his own trainer."

"Now, let's begin!" said Simon as several copies of him suddenly appeared.

"He knows, Double-Team? Oh, dear…" thought Mack. Aura just shook her head with dismay as her pendant started to glow. She thrust her hands forward and a blast of light shot out across the arena, hitting one of the Kabutops squarely. Instantly, Simon's clones vanished as he yelled out and was blown off the field and out of bounds. The loud boom shook the arena and the stands.

"Impossible…no Gardevoir can be…that…strong…" said Simon weakly as he struggled to get to his feet.

"Taken down with one hit! It's a one-hit wonder!" said the announcer, "Dr. Jones is down, ladies and gentlemen! Dr. Foxx is the winner!" Aura smiled, ran over to Mack and embraced him, much to Mack's surprise.

"I…demand a…rematch…!" gasped Simon as some people put him on a stretcher.

"It's off to the healing chamber for that one!" chuckled the announcer as Simon was carted off the field, "I don't know about you people, but I have never seen a Gardevoir use an attack like that! In fact, I've never seen a Poke'mon that could use white light as an attack! This is absolutely amazing!"

"Aura…" said Mack softly, "You're squeezing me too hard…" Aura blushed and quickly let go of him. Mack and Aura turned and gazed at Simon as he was being taken off the field.

"Let's take this one down below!" said one of the medics as they and Simon disappeared behind a large, green door.

"You've got to give that Kabutops some credit, people. That was one brave move to enter the tournament on his own, but he was obviously out of his league here!" said the announcer as the crowd roared and cheered.

"That was…disappointing…" said Aura, "The way he talked, I thought it would be a tough battle. Physically, Simon would have been a very tough opponent, but he can't seem to attack from a distance. His Double-Team move was also useless. Using my senses, I could easily tell which of those clones was living."

"Plus, you have my power over light now," said Mack.

"Of course," said Aura with a grin.

"Still, I wonder who our next opponent is," said Mack.

"Alright, everybody! The next match will begin soon!" said the announcer as Mack and Aura slowly walked off the field.

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #10

Though he was barely conscious, Simon could still tell what was going on around him as the medics carted him away, must likely to a nearby Poke'mon center.

"Where should we take this thing?" asked one medic.

"Let's put him in the doctor's office, he'll know what to do with him," answered another medic.

"What do you think he'll do?" asked the first medic.

"I know this creep," said the second medic, "Let's just say that we wouldn't want to be in this Kabutops' shoes once the doctor sees him."

"I can't believe this Kabutops thought it could take on the Guardian of Gardev! What an idiot!" laughed the first medic.

"No kidding!" said the second medic.

"They sure are full of a lot of malice to be medics," thought Simon as he started to black out, "And how do they know that Aura is the Guardian of Gardev?"

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #11

Mack and Aura went through one match after another. Aura was starting to learn how to use her new power more effectively, thus, they eliminated the competition without a single scratch. As Aura blasted another opponent off the field, Mack was wondering why the opponents weren't even putting up much of a fight and why the audience was obscured behind darkness, even thought the arena itself was well lit.

"I don't understand this," thought Mack as he glanced back and forth, "Aura has flattened every single opponent so far, and they haven't even tried to fight. Is Aura really that powerful now? Perhaps the lightshow that Aura has been putting on has frightened our competitors and they've already given up?" Aura glanced at Mack as she read his thoughts.

"I have to agree with you, Mack," said Aura through telepathy, "They seem to be losing on purpose."

"Maybe the other trainers want to minimize the damage you're doing to their Poke'mon," thought Mack, "Better to throw in the towel after you know you're outmatched rather than forfeit."

"I suppose," said Aura telepathically as they both walked back off the field.

"This is almost too good to be true, though! We've made it to the finals. Best of all, you haven't been hurt, Aura. I'm very thankful for that," thought Mack.

"I knew you cared about me, but I didn't know you cared that much. Thank you," said Aura through telepathy as she smiled.

"Your welcome," thought Mack, "But still, I can't shake the feeling that we're being set up or something."

"Don't worry, Mack," said Aura telepathically, "This will be the easiest trophy you've ever scored in a Poke'mon tournament. Not like that match against some kid whose rebellious Charizard set your fur on fire."

"Don't remind me…" grumbled Mack. Aura laughed softly as they left the field.

"Nothing can stop Mack and Aura!" said the announcer, "But soon, he'll have to face the undefeated champion, John Allens! His Houndoom has crushed the competition with almost the same precision and ruthlessness as Mack's young Gardevoir! That match will begin in ten minutes!"

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #12

Simon started to wake up. His wounds had been healed while he had been unconscious, but his vision was still blurry. He could clearly hear the humming and clicking of some giant machines in the room. He slowly moved his right scythe forward and his blade was abruptly stopped by an invisible barrier. As his vision started to clear, he discovered that he had been imprisoned in some sort of capsule.

"If this is a Poke'mon healing chamber, than I'm a cross-eyed Magikarp!" grumbled Simon. In front of him, stood a man in a lab coat with six black Alakazams behind him.

"What a fine specimen," said the man in a dry, raspy voice. Simon knew this disturbing voice all too well.

"No! It can't be!" shouted Simon with dismay.

"We meet again," said Dr. Namwen as he straightened his glasses, "I can't remember how many times I've tried to capture you and each and every time, you've narrowly evaded my grasp."

"I'm not going to be anyone's Poke'mon, you hear me, Dr. Newman!" growled Simon as Dr. Namwen jumped back with surprise. His shock soon turned to rage.

"Excuse me," said Dr. Namwen with an evil grin on his face, "But what did you call me?"

"You are Dr. Alvin Newman," growled Simon as he tried to cut out of the capsule with his scythes, but to no avail. Dr. Namwen walked over to a red lever on a nearby wall.

"I want nothing to do with my worthless brother, Eric and there is no way you can escape that capsule from the inside," snarled Dr. Namwen as he put his right hand on the lever. Dr. Namwen faced Simon and laughed maniacally.

"What are you doing?" demanded Simon.

"Why, we're going to play a little game!" said Dr. Namwen as he stroked the level with his left hand, "It's my favorite game! Now, tell me: what is my name?" Simon snorted with contempt.

"As I said before, you are Dr. Newman," grumbled Simon as Dr. Namwen flashed a menacing smile.

"Wrong answer!" laughed Dr. Namwen as he pulled the level. Instantly, electricity lanced inside the capsule. Simon dropped to the ground from the immense pain. Suddenly, Dr. Namwen reset the lever and the electricity vanished.

"You fiend…" growled Simon as he got back to his feet.

"Now, what is my name again?" asked Dr. Namwen.

"Your name is Dr. Alvin Newman!" shouted Simon with rage.

"You're getting warmer my friend!" laughed Dr. Namwen as he threw the lever again. Simon howled in pain as the raw voltage shot through the capsule again. Seconds later, Dr. Namwen turned off the lethal lightning.

"…If I could…just get out of here…I'd have your head…" groaned Simon as he sat down on the cold, metal floor of the capsule.

"I'm a kind, compassionate man!" laughed Dr. Namwen, "So I'll give you one more chance to get my name right, otherwise, I'll throw this lever again and have you fried up for my dinner! I'll bet that Kabutops taste better than Corphish or Crabby! So, what is my name?"

"Your name…" said Simon as he glared at Dr. Namwen, "Is mud." Dr. Namwen instantly went slacked jawed as his arm released the lever and fell limply at his side. Dr. Namwen grinned at Simon.

"You always had quite the sense of humor!" said Dr. Namwen with a chuckle, "But that little frailty will soon be annihilated once I have you turned into a shadow Poke'mon! Then you will call me, 'Master!'"

"For now, I'll just call you a blithering idiot," said Simon calmly.

"You'll be singing a different tune in a matter of minutes. You think that lightning was painful? That's nothing compared to what you'll feel as you're infused with darkness," said a delighted Dr. Namwen.

"How could I have fallen into this fiend's clutches?" thought Simon, "And where in the world am I?!"

"I'll be happy to answer those questions! You won't be aware of anything around you soon, anyway!" said Dr. Namwen with glee as he feverishly pressed switches on a control console, "To be honest, I didn't expect that you would enter the tournament. I guess it's just an added bonus. After all, your fate is going to be heaven compared to what's going to happen to that irritating mercenary and his hateful Gardevoir! Just to let you know, we are precisely 400 feet underground in a secret facility."

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #13

The final match had arrived. The crowd roared and cheered as the finalists entered the arena.

"Now for the main event!" said the announcer, "The final battle of the tournament is now at hand! We have Dr. Mack Foxx and his amazing Gardevoir, Aura, versus John Allens and his powerhouse Houndoom!"

"May the best Poke'mon win!" shouted Mack with a friendly smile.

"Indeed!" said John, "Now you face us. We'll see who's going to get out of here alive."

"What was that all about?" thought Mack as he glanced uneasily at the darkened crowd, "Something is amiss, I just know it."

"The match will begin now!" said the announcer, "Then again, why waste the time with another pointless battle, right ladies and gents?" Aura quickly walked back to Mack's side.

"We're in big trouble, aren't we?" asked Mack as he glanced at Aura. Aura nodded her head in agreement.

"Dr. Mack Foxx, you are now the prisoner of Cipher! Just simply surrender and you and Aura will not be harmed in any way, agreed?" asked the announcer.

"And if we refuse?" growled Mack.

"Then, I'll just have to introduce you to your real…final opponents!" said the announcer with cruel laughter. The stands suddenly filled with light, revealing hundreds of people in white, glistening armor. All at once, they threw Poke' Balls into the arena. As the Cipher agents' Poke'mon appeared, their trainers ran onto the field armed with crowbars, truncheons and tactical batons. Mack and Aura were now back-to-back with malicious Poke'mon on one side and the evil henchmen on the other. Mack gazed carefully at the Poke'mon and focused. A familiar black aura materialized around the red-eyed Poke'mon.

"Shadow Poke'mon…" thought Mack with fear, "These peons could order their Poke'mon to kill us and they would without hesitation."

"What do we do now?" asked Aura. Mack quickly looked around the room as the gang of Poke'mon and troopers moved closer. Mack's eyes soon fell on an emergency exit. Mack glanced at Aura.

"Head for the exit over there, I'll protect you!" said Mack as he started to focus his power.

"On the contrary!" said Aura forcefully as she faced Mack, "I will protect YOU!" Mack and Aura stared into each other's eyes. Mack grinned and faced his attackers.

"On three?" asked Mack.

"On three," answered Aura as her hands started to glow with a brilliant white light.

"Get ready!" shouted John.

"THREE!!!" screamed Mack and Aura as they rushed forward. The agents and Poke'mon screamed as Mack and Aura knocked them to the ground with one explosive blast of light after another. Aura glared at the shadow Poke'mon and started to focus her power even more. The agents, Poke'mon and Mack stared at Aura as she slowly lifted off the ground with her skirt fluttering in the wind and her pendant glowing brightly. Mack hit the ground as an orb of blinding light surrounded Aura.

"Here comes trouble!" thought Mack as he closed his eyes and braced himself. Moments later, the orb exploded outwards as a wave of light knocked the Poke'mon and agents to the ground. Mack opened his eyes and gazed at the agents' Poke'mon. The dark aura around them was dissolving. Mack had been completely untouched by Aura's attack.

"What happened?" asked one agent as he looked at his Poke'mon, "That Gardevoir! She purified my Poke'mon!"

"No matter!" said another agent as the rest of them ordered their Poke'mon to attack Aura. The Poke'mon attacked viciously. Though they missed Aura, they managed to separate her and Mack during the brutal fighting. While Aura fended off the frenzied Poke'mon, Mack tried to hold his own against the agents.

"There's no way I can keep blasting them with my power," thought Mack as he darted back and forth to avoid getting hit by one of the agent's blunt weapons, "I'll have to rely on martial arts." Mack lunged forward and with a flurry of punches and kicks, he incapacitated one agent after another. As the agents fell to the ground unconscious, Mack started slowing down. Aura quickly glanced at Mack, sensing his fatigue.

"Oh, no! He can't keep this up for long!" thought Aura with fear. Aura tried as hard a she could to get through the attacking Poke'mon and help Mack, but there were too many of them. As Mack knocked one agent to the ground, another came up and struck him in the back with a crowbar. Mack howled with pain and quickly turned around and knocked the agent off his feet with sweeping kick under his legs. Mack was running out of energy fast and he knew it. Mack knew his only way of escape would be to run out the emergency exit. He lunged forward, fighting off the sea of agents as he went. His speed was slowing down and he kept taking hits that he normally would not have. Mack's vision blurred as he was struck repeatedly. Blindly, he jumped into a dark corner and fell to the ground in the shadows. Aura screamed as Mack hit the floor. Once again, she tried to blast her way through the throng of Poke'mon, but she still could not get through the hundreds of them that blocked her path. The agents cautiously approached the fallen mercenary.

"You think he's dead?" asked one agent with concern.

"He better not be! Dr. Namwen ordered us to take him alive!" said another agent.

"After what he did to our friends? Let's finish him off! Dr. Namwen won't need this freak's help!" shouted another agent. The agents ran forward with their weapons drawn: some of them trying to destroy Mack, the rest tried to hold back their blood-thirsty colleagues. Suddenly, a pair of glowing white eyes appeared in the shadows. The agents turned around and ceased their attack. They started to back off in fear. Moments later, a wave of light sent them and their Poke'mon flying backwards into the stands. Aura wasn't even effect by the blast of light. Aura faced the corner where Mack had fallen. As she ran to his side, the white, glowing eyes faded.

"Everyone, retreat!" ordered one agent. Immediately, the rest of them collected their Poke'mon and scattered. Aura knelt down next to Mack and held his right hand.

"What happened…?" asked a weary Mack.

"They ran off!" said Aura as she closed her eyes and concentrated, "They left the building and are on their way out of the city."

"…Good…" groaned Mack.

"I better get you out of here and to a hospital," said Aura.

"…No…" said Mack as he slumped against the wall, "…Simon…he's here…down below. Take the stairs…You'll have to…set him free."

"What about you?" asked Aura with great concern.

"I'll be okay for now…" said Mack, "Now, go!" Aura released Mack's hand and ran for the emergency exit. As she descended the stairs, she could sense Simon down below.

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #14

Moments earlier, a loud explosion rattled the control room, knocking Dr. Namwen and his dark Alakazams off their feet.

"What in blazes was that?! It sounds like the whole building is coming down!" yelled Dr. Namwen as he stood up and glared at Simon, "Perfect!"

"Where are you off to?" asked Simon as Dr. Namwen ran for the door behind his Alakazams.

"Let's just say I don't want to get pan-caked under this building! Farewell, Simon! You're about to become a Kabutops Crepe'!" laughed Dr. Namwen as he started to close the door.

"Until we meet again…" said Simon in an annoying tone, "…Dr. Newman." The door closed silently and then Simon heard Dr. Namwen scream in rage as he ran down the hallway.

"If this is my end, so be it," thought Simon as he sat down and cleared his mind. Minutes later, the door in the control room was blown off its hinges with a psychic blast. Simon opened his eyes and gazed at Aura.

"We have to get out of here!" said Aura frantically, "Mack was badly injured!" Simon bowed his head with dismay.

"Were we all fooled so easily?" asked Simon with grief.

"This is no time to feel sorry for ourselves!" said Aura with resolve as she pointed to the capsule, "Now, break out of that thing so we can leave this horrible place!"

"It's no good," grumbled Simon, "The walls are too thick and some sort of barrier is preventing my scythes from even touching the sides. You'll have to use the control console to open the capsule," said Simon calmly as Aura ran to the control panel.

"Is this the right panel?" asked Aura.

"That should be the right panel, but it's probably password-protected. You'll have to hack the system in order to get the capsule opened," said Simon.

"But only Mack could do that!" said Aura.

"You'll have to try!" said Simon, "We really shouldn't stay here and longer than we have to! They'll probably be back and with bigger Poke'mon!" Aura gazed at the panel. For some reason, Aura felt confident about this, even though she had never so much as touched a computer before. Aura placed her hands on the keyboard and quickly pressed the keys. Before long, she was reading the source code for the operating system and she understood it! Simon looked into Aura's eyes and saw the strange lettering being reflected in her eyes from the computer screen. Deep in the system, Aura found what she was looking for.

"P-R-O-J-E-C-T-O-M-E-G-A!" said Aura as she entered the password. Moments later, the capsule opened. Simon jumped out of the capsule and sighed with relief.

"How did you do that?" asked Simon with disbelief.

"I…I don't know," said Aura uneasily, "It seemed, familiar to me."

"I've never heard of a Poke'mon that had such knowledge about computers," marveled Simon.

"Maybe it's a side effect," said Aura as she gazed fearfully at her hands.

"A side effect of what?" asked Simon with curiosity.

"I don't want to talk about it," said Aura was she started to leave the room.

"Is this about the time you and Mack were in the same body? I already know about that," said Simon as Aura stopped in her tracks, "I also know how you were separated during the destruction of another Cipher facility."

"How'd you know?" asked Aura.

"Well, I do have limited psychic abilities," answered Simon, "But I know all this because I've been following you for a long time, waiting to challenge you."

"You've been stalking me?!" shouted Aura with disgust.

"You could say that," said Simon with embarrassment, "But I prefer to call it, 'Checking out the Competition.'"

"We better get going now. Mack needs our help!" said Aura frantically as she started running out the door to the stairs. Simon followed closely.

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #15

Once again, Mack awoke with his vision blurred and his senses thoroughly scrambled. Mack's body ached with pain as he tried to sit up.

"He's waking up!" said a familiar voice. As Mack's vision cleared, he was greeted by the face of a Gardevoir.

"Aura?" asked Mack.

"I'm here," said Aura as Simon stepped forward.

"How long have I been asleep?" asked Mack.

"You've been asleep for a week now," answered Aura.

"A week, eh? Looks like I'm making a bad habit of this," said Mack as he tried to laugh. Aura smiled.

"Incase you wanted to know, Xavier, William and the young Poke'mon are outside," said Simon.

"Can you tell me how I got here?" asked Mack as he tried to tune his senses.

"Well," started Aura, "After I freed Simon, I came back to you, took you up in my arms, then Simon and I ran back to the hotel. Apparently, Cipher had tried to steal the S-1, but Xavier and the lot of them scared them off. Simon and I put you in the back of the S-1. As I jumped into the pilot's seat, I discovered that the Cipher agents had tried to hotwire the Air-Car, so many of the wires in the control panel had been cut. After I got some wires tied together, I started it up and drove you to the other side of Alakaz to the nearest hospital. On the way to the hospital, I contacted K-1 and he came in something he called an S-5 Heavy Carrier."

"But why an S-5?" asked Mack.

"Because it was the only thing we had that was large enough to accommodate a Lugia as well as the damaged S-1," answered K-1 as he walked into the room.

"K-1!" said Aura, "Aren't you watching over Sakura, Fredrick, Anna and Li?"

"No problem," answered K-1 as he walked towards Mack, "Xavier is watching over them and believe me, Xavier is capable of causing much more damage than I can."

"Speaking of damage…" groaned Mack as he lay back down in his bed, "I'm going to need to get back to the lab to heal…"

"As soon as I can figure out how to get you out of here unnoticed, I'll let you know," said K-1.

"Can't the doctor's here help Mack?" asked Aura.

"I'm afraid not," answered K-1, "You see, years ago, Mack had modified his DNA to make his flesh and skeleton tougher. He was also able to make himself immune to disease and to poisons. However, there was one major side effect of his augmentation: whenever he actually gets injured, it now takes months for even a simple wound to heal properly. Therefore, Mack invented a device called a Cell Regenerator. This technological wonder can heal the body of just about any ailment by making the body heal thousands of times faster than normal. Theoretically, it could regenerate lost limbs or bring you back, even if death is imminent."

"I understand," said Aura. K-1 faced Simon.

"Simon, if you don't mind, I would like to have a word with you outside. A few things you mentioned to me are fascinating," said K-1.

"Certainly," answered Simon as he and K-1 left the room and closed the door behind them. Aura gazed at Mack and he tried to smile, but instead, he winced in pain.

"If only there was a way to relax," groaned Mack, "Since my body is so resistant to foreign materials, even a liter of morphine won't stop this pain…" Aura smiled, closed her eyes and started to sing to him. Mack started to feel better at the sound of Aura's soft voice.

"What a nice melody…" remarked Mack as he drifted off to sleep. Outside the room, Simon and K-1 were having a discussion about the evening's events.

"I see," said K-1, "Cipher set a trap for them using a tournament as bait. I'm glad you all managed to escape."

"Indeed," said Simon. K-1 paced back and forth with a worried look on his face. The only sound in the hallway now was the metallic clinks as K-1's feet hit the floor.

"There are a few things I don't quite understand," remarked K-1, "Somehow, Aura not only managed to make hasty repairs and operate the S-1, but she also hacked a computer and found the needed password after deciphering the operating system code?"

"That's correct. Though doubtful at first, Aura really looked like she knew what she was doing," said Simon.

"Aura has picked up more of Mack's attributes than expected," said K-1 with concern, "It makes me wonder if anything has also happened to Mack. Considering how Aura picked up Mack's power over light and his knowledge about computers and Mack's technologies, there is no way Mack could have come out of that crude separation without a scratch." Meanwhile, Aura continued to sing to Mack. Even with her eyes closed, she could still notice a glowing light that was now coming from somewhere in the room. She finished her song and opened her eyes. Outside, K-1 and Simon jumped in shock as Aura screamed.

"Sounds like trouble!" yelled K-1 as he and Simon busted down the door. As Simon leapt through the door frame with his scythes drawn forward, K-1 jumped forward as his small, plasma Vulcan cannons unfolded from his sides.

"What's wrong?" asked Simon as he and K-1 faced Aura. She had her back against the wall and was staring at Mack with a look of shock on her face. K-1 and Simon slowly faced Mack.

"Sometimes I hate it when I'm right…" whimpered K-1. Simon walked forward and then shook Mack awake.

"What's going on?" yawned Mack as he noticed that his pain was gone, "How strange. I feel a lot better now." Mack soon discovered that everyone was staring at him strangely.

"What's wrong?" asked Mack, "You all look like you've seen a ghost." Aura slowly stepped forward.

"There…there's something you need to know, Mack," said Aura.

"Oh? What is it? Just tell me," said Mack happily. Aura held out a small mirror. Mack shrieked and jumped out of bed.

"You see?" said Aura with sadness. Mack glanced down at his green hands, at the red fin sticking out of his chest and at the familiar white gown of a Gardevoir.

"Not again…" grumbled Mack.

"I should have mentioned earlier," said K-1 with fear, "I completed the DNA scan and found a few anomalies near the end of the scan, but those should not have translated into a complete
    change of your body!"

"We better get back to the lab!" said Mack. Aura grabbed Mack's hand.

"Let's go," said Aura. With that, they all ran down the hallways of the hospital. Soon, they were out the door and onboard the S-1. K-1 jumped into the pilot seat, extended a few arms from his chest compartment and was soon flying the massive S-5 back to the Gardev Mountains. Mack sat in the cargo area of the S-1 with his back against a crate. Aura put an arm around Mack, trying to comfort him while William sat on Mack's lap and tried to cheer him up. Mack seemed to feel relieved as he stroked the friendly Pikachu. Minutes later, Anna walked into the cockpit and jumped into the co-pilot's chair.

"How are things going?" asked Anna cheerfully.

"Not quite as planned," said K-1 as he piloted the giant craft, "Now go away and don't touch anything! Flying this hulk by yourself is not as easy as it looks."

"Okay!" answered Anna with happiness as she started to leave the cockpit. K-1 turned his head backwards and faced Anna.

"Interesting…" remarked K-1 as Anna stopped in her tracks and faced K-1, "You sure are upbeat and happy. What's up? Are things going well for you?"

"You could say that," said Anna, "It's mainly about that new Gardevoir. I'm happy that Aura finally found a boyfriend." K-1 went slacked-jawed.

"What's wrong?" asked Anna, "Did I say something bad?"

"I don't know…" said K-1 uneasily, "Perhaps you should go play with Fredrick and the others, okay?"

"Okay!" said Anna as she left the room.

"This could get very complicated…" thought K-1 as the S-5 streaked across the night sky. Meanwhile, back at the hospital, a nurse was surveying the room, trying to find clues about Mack's disappearance. Moments later, a man in a pin-striped suit entered the room.

"Oh! Mr. Allens!" said the nurse, "What brings you here?"

"I heard about Dr. Foxx and I came to see him. Is he around?" asked John.

"I'm afraid not. He disappeared just a matter of minutes ago," replied the nurse.

"Okay. Thank you," said John as he left the room.

"I wonder where he went?" asked the nurse to herself.

"Great…" thought John as he walked down the hallways, "Dr. Foxx escaped. Dr. Namwen will not be pleased…"

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #16

Back at the lab, Mack gazed at himself through a mirror, absolutely shocked at what was happening.

"This is impossible!" said Mack.

"No, just very, very unlikely," said K-1.

"Is Central operational yet?" asked Mack.

"I'm now fully functional again. Thank you for your patience, Mack," answered Central in an optimistic tone.

"I suspect that the best way to unravel this mystery would be to conduct another DNA scan, but this time, with Central's help, it should only take a few minutes," said K-1.

"Let's do it, then," said Mack. K-1 walked forward with a small metal device and pressed it against one of Mack's fingers. There was a soft hiss as a small sample of blood was drawn. K-1 then walked over to Central's main control panel and inserted the machine into a large slot on the console.

"Central, please analyze this DNA sample," said K-1.

"Acknowledge. Please stand by…" said Central as the loud humming of fans filled the room. Aura jumped at the sound.

"Central's running at 300%, so the fans in the processing array are running at full speed. Otherwise, the processors would melt from the excessive heat," explained Mack. Aura breathed a sigh of relief. Anna, Fredrick, Li and Sakura were also in the lab, under Xavier's watchful eye.

"This is just cracked…" muttered Li, "Mack got turned into a Gardevoir of all things. That just doesn't seem possible."

"Neither did the bonding of my sister and Mack seem possible," said Fredrick. Anna was just sitting down, smiling for some unknown reason.

"What's up, Anna?" asked Fredrick.

"I just want to ask Mack a question," said Anna with delight.

"Well, go for it," said Sakura. Anna got up from the floor, walked over to Mack and then tugged gently on his skirt. Mack looked down at the young Kirlia.

"Is there something you need?" asked Mack.

"Are you going to marry Aura?" asked Anna. Aura blushed deeply while Mack flopped onto the floor.

"Maybe we should have asked what Anna wanted to know before we let her go over there…" muttered Fredrick.

"Agreed…" said Sakura bashfully.

"I don't think so…" grumbled Mack.

"Why not?" asked Anna, "You're a Gardevoir and she's a Gardevoir. Besides, I can tell that you two like each other a lot."

"As friends," said Mack as he got back to his feet, "Besides, I'm not really a Gardevoir anyway."

"Scan complete," said Central.

"Excellent!" said K-1 as he walked over to Central's main view screen, "Let's see what we have here…" Everyone stood silently while K-1 quickly read through the data.

"So, is Mack a Gardevoir now?" asked Anna eagerly.

"Why do you want to know?" asked Li impatiently.

"Because," said Anna with a smile, "If he marries Aura, then I'll have another big brother!"

"Most unusual," remarked K-1, "The number of anomalies has increased ten-fold!"

"What do you make of it?" asked Mack.

"I'm not too sure, but here's what I do know," said K-1 as he faced Mack, "Your genetic code has been heavily altered and your DNA is random. Some of it matches that of a Gardevoir while the rest of it is your standard DNA."

"How can a being have two types of DNA at once?" asked a bewildered Mack.

"Your guess is as good as mine, but I think this means that you should be able to transform back to your old self if you focused enough," said K-1.

"It's worth a try," said Mack as he closed his eyes and concentrated. Soon, Mack was enveloped in an aura of blinding light. The light soon vanished, revealing Mack as his fox-like self again.

"Excellent!" said Mack just before pain shot throughout his body, "Arrrrg!!" Mack flopped back onto the floor and Aura carefully picked him up.

"Gadzooks…" grumbled K-1, "Despite the transformation into a Gardevoir, Mack still retained all his injuries. Follow me, Aura." K-1 walked towards a strange machine with Aura right behind him. K-1 pressed a few buttons and the glass panel of the front opened with a soft hiss.

"Is this the Cell Regenerator?" asked Aura.

"Yes. Please put Mack in it, gently," said K-1 as Aura carefully put Mack into the machine. K-1 then pressed as few more buttons as soon as Aura's hands were clear of the machine and the glass door closed. Minutes later, a soft white light enveloped Mack as he slept in the machine.

"He'll be alright, won't he?" asked Aura with concern as she gazed at Mack.

"Hard to say," said K-1 grimly, "His wounds will heal, but from what I can gather, it will be harder for Mack to maintain his usual form. It's only a matter of time before he will be stuck as a Gardevoir."

"Should you also check me for problems?" asked Aura uneasily.

"If you insist," said K-1 as he grabbed another small, metal device, "This won't hurt a bit." K-1 walked over to Aura, drew more blood with device and then inserted it into Central's control panel.

"Please stand by…" said Central as she analyzed Aura's DNA, "Analysis complete. Gardevoir DNA type recognized. No flaws or abnormalities detected."

"What a relief…" said Aura with a smile, "But how come I have some of Mack's powers and knowledge?"

"I think having some of Mack's attributes is not bad. Your new power probably saved you and Mack back in Alakaz," said K-1, "At least you won't be turning into a vixen, or anything."

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #17

Cecil laughed at Dr. Namwen.

"And what is so amusing?" demanded Dr. Namwen.

"Oh, I just find it humorous that you're having the same luck that I had when I messed with the Guardian of Gardev!" laughed Cecil.

"Yes, except that my facility didn't get blown to steaming bits!" snarled Dr. Namwen. Cecil suddenly stopped laughing.

"Touché…" grumbled Cecil.

"Don't forget who spared you the boss's wrath," said Dr. Namwen as he typed at a computer in a large, metal room.

"What are you working on now, anyway?" asked Cecil with curiosity.

"Just a few things," answered Dr. Namwen with sarcasm, "Finding out how one living being could be fused with another so they share one body, working the bugs out of Project Epsilon Mark II and trying to find a reason why I shouldn't leave a cherry bomb in your next cup of coffee."

"Ouch…" muttered Cecil. Dr. Namwen grinned at Cecil.

"Tell me, what would you give to have a Guardian of Gardev at your command?" asked Dr. Namwen.

"I'd give up my position as a Cipher Administrator for that!" said Cecil with delight.

"I could get you one of those Guardians," said Dr. Namwen, "My spies have confirmed that at least two Gardevoir are donning those pendants. They seem to have immense power." Cecil and Dr. Namwen watched battle footage from the pseudo-tournament as the pendant an Aura's chest glowed brightly while she fought the other Poke'mon.

"What would it take?" asked Cecil.

"Oh, I just need complete access to that alien suit of armor. I could probably get the remaining things I need for Project Epsilon Mark II from that armor's technology," said Dr. Namwen.

"Granted," replied Cecil, "Just make sure you get me one of those guardians."

"It would be my pleasure," said Dr. Namwen as Cecil left the room. As soon as the door closed behind Cecil, Dr. Namwen studied some maps that the spies had made. The only thing pestering Dr. Namwen was that the tracer for Project Epsilon Mark II could not detect any type of energy signature from the mystical pendants. There were two confirmed Gardevoir signatures near Gardev. A third signature also appeared, but the signal seemed to be distorted.

"As soon as Project Epsilon Mark II is ready, I'll nab THAT Gardevoir!" said Dr. Namwen as he pointed at the garbled signature on the screen, "The one that stands out usually leads to the best results."

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #18

A few weeks later, Mack finally stepped out of the Cell Regenerator. Though his wounds had finally healed, the prospect of becoming a Gardevoir was still not a welcoming idea.

"Okay, so what's the deal here, K-1?" asked Mack as he started munching on some doughnuts while sitting at Central's main control console.

"If you don't mind me saying so, crumbs are very hard to get out of my keyboard," complained Central.

"Whoops…" said Mack with embarrassment as he grabbed a plate from a nearby cupboard.

"At any rate, I've made some rather interesting discoveries about you while you slept in the Cell Regenerator," reported K-1 as he walked into the room.

"Okay. What's going on with me?" asked Mack eagerly.

"Your DNA is rearranging itself to that of a Gardevoir at a rather fast rate," said K-1, "I think it's only a matter of weeks now before you will be incapable of staying in your fox-like form."

"So that's the bad news," muttered Mack, "How about some good news?"

"Well, for the time being, you can freely transform between your normal self and the body of a Gardevoir," explained K-1, "As a Gardevoir, you are no longer susceptible to energy loss when using your powers. Best of all, you can still use your broad spectrum of abilities as a Gardevoir. As an added bonus, all your powers are amplified significantly."

"I guess that would count as good news," said Mack as he wiped some crumbs off of his mouth.

"Yeah! When you get stuck as a Gardevoir, then you can marry Aura!" said Anna with excitement as she leapt into the room on her toes.

"And who let her in here?" growled Mack.

"Anna, Mack is rather busy right now and your constant questions of marriage are not only getting on his nerves, but you are also starting to run my patience thin!" warned K-1.

"Why don't you go torture Fredrick or something?" grumbled Mack.

"My, you sure are grumpy!" snapped Anna as she stormed out of the room.

"Anna seems quite young to be talking about marriage," muttered K-1.

"Don't underestimate her age, K-1," said Aura as she walked into the room, "She's actually very old for a Kirlia. If she had evolved into a Gardevoir by now, she would be looking for a mate."

"And probably would not be bothering me right now," said an irritated Mack.

"Now that we know what is going on with you, Mack, I would suggest that we plan our next move," suggested Central.

"Indeed," said Mack, "There is certainly more going on in Alakaz than we know of."

"Indeed. Aura mentioned that there was a giant facility beneath the bank in Alakaz. That is where she found Simon in the middle of a giant control room," said K-1.

"Aura, I guess getting fused with you did have its advantages," said Mack with a smile, "Not only did you pick up my powers, but now you also have my vast knowledge about technology at your fingertips. Otherwise, you would not have been able to hack the computer to free Simon and you would not have been able to hotwire the S-1 in an emergency."

"Then there was that wrench in the S-1's systems," laughed K-1, "Aura must also have all the schematics to the S Series craft in her memory as well."

"It's almost frightening considering what I'm capable of now," said Aura with nervous laughter.

"Either way, we're going back to Alakaz," said Mack with resolve as Simon suddenly ran into the room.

"You're going back to Alakaz? Then I insist that you take me with you," said Simon as his scythes shimmered in the light.

"As you wish," said Mack as he faced K-1, "K-1, get the S-5 prepped for launch."

"Certainly!" said K-1 cheerfully, "What weapons should I load into the S-5?"

"They won't be needed," said Mack as he stood up from his chair.

"Ah. I see," said K-1.

"Besides, I can't fire guns properly as a Gardevoir right now anyway," said Mack.

"I suspect that you're going to use our counter-attack on Cipher as a field test of your powers?" asked K-1.

"Correct!" said Mack triumphantly. Meanwhile, Li, Anna, Sakura and Fredrick were listening to the conversation from behind a door.

"You know what this means!" whispered Anna with soft giggling.

"Yep…" said Fredrick with dismay, "Another adventure as stowaways…"

"This will be fun!" reassured Anna.

"I don't think so. I'm going back to Gardev and I'm getting Ramirez over here!" said Fredrick as he started walking towards the elevator. Sakura leapt in front of him.

"Out of my way!" grumbled Fredrick.

"Should I…dance again?" asked Sakura with a devious grin as she faced Anna.

"Look at it this way," said Anna with an evil smile on her face, "You can either come with us or Sakura will…dance and we'll drag you along with us anyway."

"What choice do I have…" muttered Fredrick as he faced Sakura with a smile, "Let's get going! May as well have some fun while we're at it!"

"That's better," said Anna as they quickly entered the docking bay and hid under some panels in the cockpit. Minutes later, Mack, Aura, Xavier, William and Simon jumped into the S-5. As Aura and Mack walked towards the cockpit, they talked about what had happened recently.

"Considering what's been happening," said Mack as he opened the door to the cockpit, "How would you like to help me fly this thing back to Alakaz?"

"Is it easy to fly?" asked Aura with excitement.

"This should be a piece of cake for you. Besides, you already know how," said Mack as he winked at Aura.

"Good point!" laughed Aura. Her laugher soon gave way to concern.

"What is it?" asked Mack as he sat down in the pilot's chair.

"Its Li, Sakura, Anna Fredrick," said Aura, "Shouldn't we find them and take them back to Gardev? Ramirez must be worried about them."

"I wouldn't bet on it," said Mack, "Ramirez knows that they'll try to come along with us anyway."

"Where do you suppose they are right now?" asked Aura as she looked around the cockpit. Mack picked up a crowbar and eyed one of the small cargo panels in the floor.

"I have my suspicions…" said Mack as he cautiously approached the panel. Meanwhile, the young Poke'mon tried to keep quiet.

"You think he knows we're here?" asked Fredrick quietly.

"I hope not," whispered Anna, "From this spot we'll be able to watch and see if they kiss during the flight."

"You're still going on about that?" said a bewildered Li.

"Of course!" giggled Anna. Mack heard the soft giggling coming from the panel in front of him.

"Bingo…" said Mack quietly as he prepared to strike. Aura tried to keep herself from laughing.

"I think we're in trouble…" said Fredrick as he saw Mack wind up for a killer swing with the crowbar. No one paid any attention to him. Mack swung the crowbar as hard as he could and struck the panel. The sound of the metal clang was deafening. The young Poke'mon screamed with fright and jumped out of the panel.

"Looks like we have some unexpected guests!" laughed Mack.

"It was her idea!" complained Fredrick as he pointed accusingly at Anna.

"But you came along anyway!" grumbled Anna.

"But why did you have us hide in the cockpit of all places?!" shouted Fredrick, "So we could watch Mack and Aura?!"

"That's enough, you two," said Mack as he dropped the crowbar, "If you wanted to come along, you could have asked us. I'm sure Ramirez would not mind if we kept an eye on you, especially since he has to watch over Gardev until Aura returns."

"I'm sorry…" said Anna with sadness in her voice.

"You're forgiven. Next time, don't try and stow aboard my craft, agreed?" asked Mack to the young Poke'mon.

"Agreed!" said the group of Kirlia and one Mawile.

"Then lets be off!" said Mack as he jumped back into the Pilot's chair, "You all set, Aura?"

"Ready, captain!" said Aura jokingly as the S-5 roared to life. Up above, thick metal doors slowly opened, clearing the way for takeoff. As soon as the doors were open, the S-5 flew out of the lab and was on its way back to Alakaz.

"Should we start our search at the bank?" asked Aura.

"Not yet," replied Mack, "I think we should pay our dear friend Mr. Allens a little visit."

Last edited:

Dr. Mack Foxx

Years
  • Scene #19

Meanwhile, Ramirez was walking down the streets of Gardev. Off in the distance, he heard the roar of a large, distant machine as it flew away.

"Mack and Aura must have found something. I hope they'll be alright," thought Ramirez, "Still, I don't understand why Glacian said that Mack would be here for years to come? What does he know that won't tell anyone? Oh, well. I have a job to do. I'm very glad that things have been quiet around here." Off in the distance, Warren and Jake watched as Ramirez wandered about Gardev.

"He takes his job very seriously," remarked Jake.

"Almost too seriously," said Warren. Glacian was in the room as well, meditating. Half an hour later, Glacian broke the silence in the room.

"I believe its time I told you what is happening," said Glacian as he got back on his feet.

"Very well, old friend. What do you need to tell me?" asked Warren.

"It's about Mack. What I have foreseen has indeed come true," said Glacian as he watched his great-great grandson walk the streets of Gardev.

"Yes. I've been very curious about that ever since the day Mack left with Aura. You said that something was going to happen to Mack and it would either empower him or destroy him," said Warren.

"Indeed. That has come to pass, but it is not quite complete," said Glacian.

"I don't understand," said a bewildered Warren.

"I'll just be blunt," said Glacian, "Dr. Mack Foxx is turning into a Gardevoir."

"Oh, dear…" said Jake with shock.

"How can this be?" demanded Warren.

"It is a result of when Mack and Aura were crudely separated. K-1, Mack's robotic companion has informed me of all the developments. So far, Aura has acquired Mack's power various powers. On top of that, she has also been given Mack's vast knowledge about technology," explained Glacian.

"It's like they've traded qualities from one to another," said an awestruck Warren.

"Indeed," said Glacian, "Aura has gained power and knowledge from Mack while Mack has gained the benefits of being a Gardevoir in return."

"Will he be stuck as a Gardevoir?" asked Jake.

"Yes, but for how long, I cannot tell," replied Glacian.

"What do you think he'll do with his newfound power?" asked Warren.

"Mack is a man of honor. He will use his enhanced power for good and I believe he will fight Cipher to the bitter end," said Glacian.

"Incredible…" remarked Warren as he started to pace back and forth in his office.

"For the time being, Mack can transform back and forth between his fox-like and Gardevoir forms, but soon, he will literally be a Gardevoir," said Glacian.

"I have a hard question for you, old friend," said Warren with hesitation, "Once Mack is a Gardevoir, do you think he would…marry Aura?"

"The idea does have some flair to it. Mack would share the duties of being a guardian, but whether or not he would take up the responsibility remains to be seen," said Glacian, "One thing I do know. It has been revealed to me that Mack is going to solve one of the biggest mysteries of Gardev, but which one, I do not know."

Last edited:
    Back