• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Confusion and Outrage

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    How come if I use Outrage with Rayza and after it becomes confused and I use outrage again, it seems to never hit itself? is Outrage not affected by confusion or something? Cause I just caught Rayza and I've trained it to level 77 using outrage and it's never hit itself when I use Outrage again. It's hit itself before but only when I use a different move.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • It is like Thrash and Pedal Dance. Outrage will attack continously for 2~3 turns, then automatically confuse your Pokemon. So to sum it up...

Never use thrash, pedal dance or outrage ever. Use Return or Dragon Claw instead as these moves won't confuse you and is better than those other moves in ANY way you look at it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I know what it does. I'm asking if confusion has no effect on Outrage. Like when I use outrage and my Rayza becomes confused after using Outrage. if I use Outrage one more time, will the confusion make Outrage hit itself? Cus Rayza has never hit itself when it was confused and using Outrage unless I use a diff move. I just want to know if I'm xtremely lucky to not hit myself or if outrage isn't affected by confusion. Does that make any sense?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • You were just extremely lucky... After Outrage has finished, a "confuse ray" is immediatley used on Rayquaza and that's all it means. There's no special subsidies for Outrage.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • And the attack itself is just useless... you're stuck using that attack for 2-3 turns, giving the opponent a lot of time to switch to Skarmory to block thrash/petal dance, or Blissey to block outrage/petal dance (and toxic/spike in the meantime too)

Years
  • Uh, I think he asking that when you use Outrage, will the Pok?mon hit itself during another round of Outrage.

Well, the answer is yes. If the Pok?mon hasn't hit itself during another go at Outrage, you're extremely lucky. Remember, if a confused Pok?mon uses Fly, Dig, or another move that takes two turns, the attack will cancel if the Pok?mon hits itself.

Back