• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

14 year old Girl gets 7 years in prison

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0703120170mar12,0,1435953.story

PARIS, Texas -- The public fairgrounds in this small east Texas town look ordinary enough, like so many other well-worn county fair sites across the nation. Unless you know the history of the place.

There are no plaques or markers to denote it, but several of the most notorious public lynchings of black Americans in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries were staged at the Paris Fairgrounds, where thousands of white spectators would gather to watch and cheer as black men were dragged onto a scaffold, scalded with hot irons and finally burned to death or hanged.

I know it's Texas and all but that seem too overdone.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    I just got done reading that article and I think that's ridiculous, especially comparing the crime the white girl committed. But at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more to this than the article is saying--something like the white girl had a mental problem/accidentally left the stove on or whatever and the hall monitor thought the black girl had a weapon.

But the facts are the article presents them are still ridiculous. Arson gets probation and shoving gets prison? Now instead of pushing that guy I don't like out of the way, I'll burn down his house! Less of a sentence!
    /sarcasm

Guest123_x1

Arson gets probation and shoving gets prison?
    I wouldn't doubt now if even lesser "crimes" are punishable even worse than just prison (sometimes up to the death penalty) like driving without insurance or skipping school... (both laws against such should be abolished IMO-the only "benefit" of them is for greedy insurance companies and teacher unions, respectively.)

The KKK ought to be real proud...
    eyes.gif

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
  • It's Texas. It's a small town surrounded by fields. It's near the Red. The KKK probably are swarming through on a regular basis, based on that.

Goes to show some people in the justice system still have colour preference. It'll probably never go away until we criminalise it.

Soogz

Soogalicious
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2007
    This is kind of rediculous... Totally unnecessary.

Years
  • A semi-similar thing happened in Texas...where the black guy stole $2 and was caught with a joint while on probation...he was sent to prison for 17 years, when he was only 17. The white guy murdered someone, was put on probation. He violated his probation by murdering someone else/caught with crack, and just had a longer probation.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Now that is totally messed up. I think there is something fishy about that. I bet it has something about race. I live in Texas, and quite frankly I really don't want to be in a area that has the KKK going around killing people that isn't their equal. So far I am safe. As long I don't go a city that has the KKK, I am fine. Now this...come on now...where is equality of that! The white guy should have gotten 7 years not Probation.

There is so much hate in the world. Everyone needs love.

I am sick and tired of the hate and destruction! And criminals get away with everything!

That needs to stop now!

Back