• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Gameboy Advance Problem

Evee Trainer

Eevee Trainer
Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2004
    Hi,

Most people play Gold/Silver on their GameBoy. However, I play it on my GBA:SP. When I want to trade, the attendant keeps saying "your friend is not ready". (By the way, I'm trading between two GBA's). If you can help or if you could tell me where there is a thread about this i will be very greatfull.

THANX

Here's my Line up:
    ESPEON : L54
    UMBROEN : L53
    LUGIA : L65 < pokerus!
    JOLTEON : L53
    SNORLAX : L57
    STARMIE : L46

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
  • I had this same problem not 2 long ago. Wat u do is take TWO GBA link cables and u know how in da middle they have dat connection tat lets 4 people link @ once? Well, you plug the #1 port from 1 of da cables into the middle thing of the opposite cable, and vice versa. This creates a closed circuit that allows da electrons to pass between older versions.

Winter2424242

Androgynous Role-Player
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jun 19, 2005
    Deoxys55 said:
    It is because it was created for only gbc, so it can't be traded with more recent versions of gameboy.

That doesn't make much sense . . . If that were the case, then what's the point of the backward compatibility in the GBA? May as well not have any, if what you say is true.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2004
    you can also trade through pokemon stadium 2 if you have it but the GBC cable works too

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2004
    i was just wondering can you trade from gold to silver using a gameboy colour and a gameboy advance

Back