• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GBA Pokemon Online!!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2007
    hey folks!
    im new here
    I was thinking about making a pokemon community to be one of the first ppl to do this amazing thing! to start the first actual Gameboy Advance Pokemon games online play!!! I thought it would be kind of hard for me to gather people to play so i just decided to join a community, for somereason i picked this one, since it seems cool ;).

Anyways... now that I got u ppl excited :) here what im talking about and how... Some of u probably dont know but theres this thing called emulators and roms. Whats that? An emulator is a console it can be downloaded on ur computer and play that consoles games, whats Roms? a Rom is a Game that is used to play on ur emultor... so pretty much its pretty simple Emulator=Console, Roms=Games. You open the Games/Roms on ur console/emulator.

So where do I get this stuff?
    You have to download it.
    Usuaully theres been a regular Gameboy Advance to only play games by urself... well now a new kind of gameboy advance emulator was released and it allows WiFi Wireless Adapter, but... how do u connect? You connect by an IP address!! its so amazing...

so heres what CAN happen :)
    somewhere in this community we create a section specificaly for that...
    since the max of ppl in a server is 4ppl, we make arrangments, there has to be a person that starts the server each time and then the other 3ppl have to join at that same time period... so basically we have to have a place where 4ppl could arrange a time. For example something like that this:
    1pm: Signed up = user1,user2,user3,user4 = FULL
    2pm: Signed up = user45,user56, = 2ppl, 2Slots left!
    3pm: = No one, you could host the server

and then ppl connect...
    ppl still might be confused what Im talking about so Ill still explain in a bit more detail

This will only work on Pokemon Leaf and Pokemon Fire, although u can transfer your pokemon from Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald to Fire/Leaf and then you battle with ppl in this community over Fire/Leaf.

How do u do this?
    Well you open up your console/emulator.
    You load the game.
    You have to enable WiFi wireless
    Unlike on a real Gameboy Advance you can only use the Wifi thing somewhere in a range of 100feet
    well the way this works is... u can use it only in the range of ppl that connect to ur IP
    one person would have to make a room and then 1to3 other ppl connect
    when this happens then... theres 4 ppl can fight, trade, chat!

This means everyone could have their own pokemon party and duel with it we could host tournaments, post records, a lot of cool stuff...

we could even have 8 gym leaders of real people! and then you battle them and then you get a badge and somewhere here we could have a section that shows how many badges everyone has!

if ur not sure how to do this, i will post screen shots on FULL instructions and everything! but first i need an approval of administrators here to see if you guys are willing to do this ;)

this is really amazing..
    those that want to get started early let me know ill give out full instructions on how to download this... then u might want to train ur pokemon and then we all can start battling :)

If anyone already has a saved game on an emulator and would like to battle me, let me know ;)

i attached some screenshots of what this stuff looks like

Phelps

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2007
    crap, i just realized theres a sub-group called "Emulation" can this be moved there? sorry bout the double post

EDIT: wait nvm...
    sorry about all this
    i come from a differnt forum, so im like used to the stuff there like, when a topic gets moved, it get deleted from where it was originally... so i thought this was still in that old subgroup

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2007
    This sounds a pretty nice idea, although I'd personally just prefer to use Netbattle for online Pokemon matches. Far easier and allows greater control over movesets, EVs, IVs and other stuff.

Still, it seems a decent idea for people who are willing to try it.

Raqib12

Hedgehog
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 20, 2013
    This sounds a pretty nice idea, although I'd personally just prefer to use Netbattle for online Pokemon matches. Far easier and allows greater control over movesets, EVs, IVs and other stuff.

Still, it seems a decent idea for people who are willing to try it.

NetBattle would be better for just matching up and battling, but I like the idea of training your Pokemon yourself and actually going on an adventure.

I mean, this gives people a reason not to cheat on an emulator and actually train and trade their Pokemon; just a good competition between other people who are willing to actually play the game normally =P

Edit: By the way, the VisualBoyAdvance is only made to play locally, meaning you can't really play around the world; if someone lives 1 state away from you and you play them; it'll lag like crazy. They're trying to fix it though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2007
    hey Phelps Its dmose i would like to join, and if you would like to battle some time send me an e-mail or u can call me at 919 597 9626.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • WiFi can't be used around the world like you said, if you were making a WLAN(Wireless Local Area Network) then it would be WiFi, otherwise, its just internet servers.
    And your idea is pretty farfetched...
    I don't see how it could happen without people being able to cheat.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Are you guys aware you revived a thread dated back in April? You're not allowed to revive a thread that's older than a month!

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    seems cool. if only there was a hack that accesed your wifi and you could battle and trade with people around the world. mmmm...........

Naroko

Shadow Reaper
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2021
    you guys dont know there is a pokemon online in development on another site???

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Guys, I don't know if you noticed but this thread is dead and was revived by mistake, I think it's against the rules to post here anymore. If you don't know what I mean, please read the rules. Thank you.

Back