• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cardcaptor Sakura: Release

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I keep getting the feeling that I've made a thread for this story before, but when I went through my thread/post history, I couldn't find anything related. It must've been another forum, but regardless, here it is, my first official fanfic based off CCS.

It follows the events of the second movie (The Sealed Card). It focuses around Syaoran and Sakura's relationship and how it evolves after their adventure with the Sealed Card.

This excerpt is only about a quarter to two-thirds of the first half of the first chapter, so don't surmise its shortness to laziness, I just haven't gotten around to writing the next part. Oh, and you won't really understand the last sentence if you're not a fan of CCS. However, it is explained in the next part for those who don't follow. I just thought it made a good cut off.

Chapter 1 (unfinished)

The light was fading over the horizon, marking the end of the afternoon. The sky was darkening, tinged by the colour of the fading light. The blossoming trees swayed gently in the afternoon wind.
    A tall cherry blossom tree stretched high on top a small grassy knoll. Pink petals danced in the wind as they fell from their hub. A young boy stood high against the tree's stature. His hair waved restlessly across his face following the wind's movement. He held his arms in a crossed embrace as he leant against the tree's back. His auburn eyes perked forward, gazing into the distance as he waited in the fading light. The sound of footsteps suddenly alerted his attention.
    A young girl then stepped up to his front. She was bent over with her arms straight and her hands folded over her knees. Her head was down and she was panting as she braced herself. The boy smiled. He then noticed a small wrapped item hanging flaccidly by her side.
    "I'm sorry I'm late, Syaoran," the young girl said, regaining her composure, "uh – um, good evening." The young girl made a small sudden bow.
    The boy stepped back in surprise. "U-Um, good evening…" he stammered, as the young girl stood back up, "…Sakura." The boy returned the gesture and made a small bow.
    The girl smiled and took Syaoran's hand, before laying the wrapped parcel onto the ground. Sakura stood against Syaoran in a gentle embrace. Her head rested against his chest as her hands felt the back of his shirt. She closed her eyes and smiled as they hugged. Syaoran's face was burning up. "U-Uh, l-let's eat…" he said quickly breaking their sudden embrace. Sakura stepped back with her eyes down. Her face was flushed as she begun unpacking the small parcel. His heart still pounding, Syaoran helped lay down the blanket and took a seat resting against the back of the tree.
    He felt disappointed in himself for breaking their sudden closeness. He had been the one who had confessed his feelings for Sakura in the beginning but knew if he grew too attached it would cause more harm than good. He was grateful for the time he had with her, however he knew it wouldn't last.
    "Syaoran?" Sakura's voice penetrated his thoughts. Syaoran, slightly startled, looked up and saw her holding a small cloth in her hands. A small pile of sweets sat in the centre of the cloth. Hastily straightening up, Syaoran picked off a small piece of a cookie and fed it into his mouth. "Thank you," he said in a lightened tone, "it's very good."
    Sakura sighed with her hand against her chest. "I made them this morning and I wasn't sure if I cooked them properly," she said smiling, causing Syaoran to blush, "Kero enjoyed them though."
    "Kerberos?" asked Syaoran inquisitively before folding his arms. "Hmm, he just has a greedy appetite."
    Sakura chuckled before reaching into the parcel for the remainder of their lunch. "Kero's not so bad…" she continued, "…he's just a little…"
    "Greedy," Syaoran repeated, finishing the sentence.
    There was a sudden yelp from inside the basket Sakura had brought. She leapt back in surprise with her hands over her head.
    "What did you call me kid!?" came Kero's voice in a heated tone. A small yellow plush toy decorated with wings suddenly appeared from within the parcel. It then flew over to the young boy where they both exchanged daggered looks.
    Sakura slowly removed her hands covering her face and looked up. "Kero!" she exclaimed, forcing the small plush toy to retreat. "What were you doing in the lunch I prepared for Syao-" She stopped. She looked up at Syaoran who immediately returned her gaze. They both blushed.
    Kero floated aimlessly in the air as the two sat silently in front of each other. "Well if you two aren't going to eat, I will!" he cheered, before diving into the basket again. Sakura looked down in surprise as the Guardian Beast of the Seal's tail swung elatedly from inside the basket. "Kero, stop that!"
    Syaoran sat back as he watched the young girl fight against the appetite of the small yellow plush toy.
    The afternoon light was fading. A warm wind passed over the grassy knoll Sakura, Syaoran and now Kero were resting upon.
    Kero sat on top of the basket surrounded by a number of sweets and other produces. Syaoran suddenly stood up and grabbed Sakura's hand. She looked up in curiosity as he prized her away from her fight with the Guardian Beast of the Seal.
    His arms held her back as she was lifted to her feet. Her face burnt as he drew himself closer to her chest, resting his head against her own. His warmness spread over her body as he held her in his arms.
    Sakura felt familiar with the situation that coincided with their first true meeting of arms. She felt nostalgic as she recalled their first embrace during Eriol's accompaniment. It was the first time he had called her "Sakura".
    Her hands reached across his back and held him gently from behind. She was happy.
    Kero swam noisily within the basket as the two hugged, crumbs decorating his round face.
    The afternoon light descended as the wind begun to rise. The blossoming trees swayed in the evening wind.
    The camera's metal frame turned. "Perfect."

Back