• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate The Pokemon Movies.

misty-slave09

Kasumi<3
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    Rate the Pokemon movies from best to worst.

Here Are Mine:

01. Pokemon 3: The Movie (BEST)
    02. Pokemon The Movie 2000
    03. Pokemon The First Movie
    04. Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
    05. Pokemon 4Ever
    06. Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys
    07. Pokemon Heroes
    08. Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
    09. Pokémon: Jirachi Wishmaker (WORST)

What Are Your Ratings???

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2017
    1. Pokémon the Movie 2000: The Power of One
    2. Pokémon 3: Spell of the Unown
    3. Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back
    4. Pokémon Heroes
    5. Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
    6. Pokémon 4ever
    7. Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys
    8. Pokémon: Jirachi Wishmaker
    9. Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew

And that's in descending order, best to worst.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • My absolute favorites
    Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys
    Pokémon 4ever

The others
    Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
    Pokémon the Movie 2000: The Power of One
    Pokémon: Jirachi Wishmaker
    Pokémon 3: Spell of the Unown
    Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back

Haven't seen these yet, but I'm about to see Pokemon Heroes (tomorrow)
    Pokémon Heroes
    Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea

I'd write an explanation but... it's like 2 in the morning.
    Maybe tomorrow.

Sakurah

Pokemon Event Collector! <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    01. Pokemon 3: The Movie [BEST]
    02. Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
    03. Pokemon Heroes
    04. Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the
    05. Pokemon The First Movie
    06. Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys
    07. Pokemon The First Movie
    08. Pokemon 4Ever
    09. Pokémon: Jirachi Wishmaker [WORST]

X-Files

Can Yuo Udnertsand
    Years
  • 1. Pokémon the Frist Movie Mewtwo Strikes back.
    2. Pokémon the Movie 2000 : The Power of one
    3. Pokémon 3 Spell of the Unown
    4. Pokémon Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
    5. Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
    6. Pokémon 4ever
    7. Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys
    8. Pokémon: Jirachi Wishmaker
    9. Pokémon: Heros

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
  • My favourite Pokemon movies from best to worst:
    1. Pokemon Destiny Deoxys (best)
    2. Pokemon Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
    3. Pokemon Jirachi Wishmaker
    4. Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
    5. Pokemon Heroes
    6. Pokemon 4Ever
    7. Pokémon the Movie 2000: The Power of One
    8. Pokemon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back
    9. Pokémon 3: Spell of the Unown (worst)

~Rene~ :t025:

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • The bold printed title is the actual version I've watched (sometimes it matters). The title as most member knows is in italic.
    From good to bad:

1 - Mew and the Wave-Guiding Hero: Rukario => Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
    So far my favourite movie. Rukario's past gave the movie much depth and the question "Did Aaron really abandon Rukario?" that bothered Rukario throughout the movie was really nice to see. And the movie had a really emotional ending.
    The only small remark I have on this movie is that the movie doesn't have a villian. But that doesn't really bothered me very much.

2 - Guardians of the Water Capitol: Latias and Latios => Pokémon Heroes
    The chase in this movie through the streets/channels of Alto Mare is very nice. The story progressed very nice through the movie and never gave me the idea that they wasted time or wandering around aimless.

3 - The Power of One
    It's weird. I know I like this movie, yet I can't point out what makes me like this movie. Perhaps it's because Lugia, one of my favourite Pokémon, is in this movie.
    Lawrence firing the cage at Lugia was a nice turn of events.
    Melody teasing Misty was nice for the first time. But after a while it lost it's comedy.

4 - Mewtwo Strikes Back => Myuutsuu no Gyakushuu
    The intro started out very dark, which is what I like about this movie. The connection with the TV show is an extra plus.
    My problem with this movie is that Mewtwo makes an 180 degree turn the second that Ash got hit by the beam blasts. Suddenly all his vengeance was gone, which is kinda hard for me to believe.

I've watched this movie in Dutch, English and Japanese. Both dubs lost major points because the entire script was turned upside down.

5 - The Spell of Unown
    The thing that I like about this movie are the battles of Misty and Brock had to stall some time for Ash to keep going.

6 - The Wishing Star of Seven Nights: Jirachi => Jirachi Wishmaker
    Placed seven is the 6th movie. Good points of this movie is the CGI effects used. The fake Groudon was done better than the forest monster in the 4th movie. The fake Groudon actual walked, it's movements looked like it was heavy and the CGI blended better with the animation than that thing in the 4th movie.
    Butlers change of mind was way more convincing than Mewtwo or Rayquaza.
    Though the chase of Salamance after Flygon looked great, it was toned down when compared to the trailer.

7 - The Sky Splitting Visitor: Deoxys => Destiny Dexoys
    My overall remark of the 7th movie is that it looked like that the animators didn't knew what to do with the extra time they gained by not adding a mini-movie.
    The scenes during the Battle Tower showdown where nicely done, though. And the Tooi/Tory's fear for Pokémon sub-plot was a good addition.
    I didn't find the ending of this movie very convincing. Rayquaza and Deoxys are fighting out a battle that started out 4 years ago and are ready to annihilate. A bunch of robots go haywired and because the two Deoxys shielded Rayquaza, it forgets it's 4 years old grudge.
    I think this movie lost a lots of points in my book because of the high expections created by the trailer any to be let down when the actual movie turns out to be toned down a lot.

8 - Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: Manafi => Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
    The characters of this movie were nice. Jackie's carefree act towards the villians somehow annoys me, but in general he's ok.
    I find the CGI blend rather bad with the animation in some parts of the movie. A good example of this is when the trailer is being chased by Phantom's helicopters.
    Kyorge's appearance in the movie gave me really last minute addition vibes.
    The ending were Ash chased Phantom ala Super Saiyan was rather corny and it just got worst when everyone started doing that.

A rather funny remark someone made in one of the Pokémon boards: "I can hear Misty scream al the way from Kanto - I should be in that movie!!"

9 - Celebi: A Timeless Encounter => Pokémon 4Ever
    I consider this movie the source of movie 6 and 9. If you put an equation Yukinari/Sammy = Max = Max + Celebi = Jirachi = Manafi + The Iron Masked Marauder = Butler = Phantom you should get what I mean. However this is unrelated why I place this movie the last spot

The primary reason why this movie gets the last spot is because the movie seem to have trouble moving forward. Ash and co where wandering around aimless in the forest a bit too long in the forest for my taste.
    I can't really place my finger on it what really was the problem, but somehow the scenery/animation bothers me through out the movie.
    As stated in the 6th movie the CGI monster looked like it was skating over the forest, when it fired it's hyperbeam or used it's claw on Suicune/Ash/Sammy it looked like it didn't had any mass.
    The rest is ok, but I can't really find any good points in this movie that stands out.

Years
  • I'll pull what Unown did, and list my reasons why.

1. Pokemon 4Ever: Besides the fact it features my favorite Legendary (Celebi) and a Team Rocket villain, I enjoy this most as it was the movies' initial attempt at a comprehensive plot. All the prior movies had massive plotholes/mismatched pacing that jarred/unraveled them, and I feared this one as well. Apparently, they decided to finally get serious, and I can't, in good conscience, ignore the great effort Sonoda made. With Pokemon, it's all about the effort, and a lot of people ignore this, here, when you compare to the prior and recent fodder.

And I'll skip the dub's insertion scenes. And yeah, Unown, I concur about the pacing/stick monster to a degree.

2. Jirachi Wish-Maker: Good characterization/banter/motivation made this film. I enjoyed Max/Jirachi, Butler/Diane, but mostly, I really enjoyed Butler's motivation. Using a Groudon to destroy Team Magma is great irony, and he has a good sense of turmoil, whilst Diane steals the movie in her itty-bitty shorts.

As for the dub, shameful, but what can you do? I would have liked to see the dub OP converted to a film version, but considering the movie's opening scene (setting up a carnival) seems inappropriate. On the other hand, it had the super-awesome "Gotta Dance", so it earns a special honor to me, anyway.

3. The First Movie: For the first film, a great shift to darkness, and a fitting theme for Mewtwo (a bio-weapon for Team Rocket -- what else it could be for?). It shows a wonderful continuity to the series, and in light of the recent fare, that should be further appreciated. Still, I wish they filmed on the CD drama instead, as that had more plot than the movie!

I enjoyed it for the behind-the-scenes of the Team Rocket org, if nothing else. The dub, well..., I didn't think it sucked as much. Hides.

4. Pokemon Heroes: Definite change of pace with the concepts of death and a sense of spirituality. Outside of the first movie for God, and the third one for loss, this unites both in a more fitting model. And Lyon/Zanna I would like to see again. And the Bianca/Ash kiss created a most interesting concept: bestiality10101010100001.

Hee. I kid, of course. Man, the dub was funky. And for shame for no secondary "I Believe" lyrics. Really.

5. Pokemon 3: After the American craze subsided, this was lost in the shuffle (and Kids WB wimping out in the ads). It's a real shame as it deserves a better close-up -- it was an legit attempt to tell a story of loss and illusion. Molly is the best human movie character so far, and even later with the latter films.

It's my favorite one dub-wise, since they got it right: scripts and songs.

6. Movie 2000: Great animation, and I enjoyed the Rockets showing their true form as heroes. Beyond that, it was all too formulaic, and Lugia should have had a better intro. Yes, G/S was on the horizon at that point, but still. Ironically, it would get that on the TV series. Heh.

7. Destiny Deoxys: I did liked the setting, which isn't something that hadn't entranced me for a while. And I savored the fact Deoxys didn't turn out into a Mewtwo-style character, like I dreaded. Unfortunately, when you compare Rayquaza to the movie's pacing and its eventual role in the franchise, the quality dips.

Actually, I liked the manga version better as we needed a proper villain (Lund's power-hungry male assistant). You can read on it in the link below.

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/movies/deoxys/deoxys_manga.html

8-9. Haven't seen both in depth, so no comment for now. But I loved Lucario for returning to the Dub OP movie version, if nothing else.

How's that?

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I have so much trouble placing movies that for the most part i enjoyed more or less for different reasons, if that makes sense, but I'll try. No explanation though because it'll cause me too change my mind.

1.Lucario and the mystery of Mew
    2.Pokemon the first movie
    3.pokemon 2000
    4.Destiny Deoxys
    5.Heroes
    6.Spell of the Unknown

Just as I write this I can think of reasons why I liked heroes better than 2000 or Destiny Deoxys better the first movie etc. Heroes and Destiny deoxys just came down to May over Misty, even though the opening race in Heroes is my favourite opening.
    I havn't seen spell of the Unknown since it fist came out so I can't remember very much about it.

Kyber-Groudon

After all, I'm only human.....
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2008
    My ratings, 1 = best, 9 = worst

1) Pokemon 3
    2) Pokemon 2000
    3) Lucario and the mystery of mew
    4) Pokemon The first
    5) Heroes
    6) Destiny Deoxys
    7) Pokemon 4-ever
    8) Temple of the sea
    9) Jiraichi wishmaker (sucks really bad, jirachi is annoying and butler is a loser.... thats putting it politely btw...)

Back