• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tutorials?

Years
  • I was watching a few of the Diamond and Pearl reruns today and through almost every episode I felt like I was watching some kind of tutorial for the video games. Like in the episode where Paul and Ash challenge the first gym. While the three are watching Paul battle they were talking about type advantages, like they were trying to lecture the viewers how types work in the game. Of coruse this could just be me or because the series has just started and if they have new viewers they might just be trying to give them some kind of information on how the mechanics of the Pokémon world work. But I was wondering, does anybody else feel like they are watching a tutorial on how to play the game?

Years
  • It's based from a game, and occasionally, for people who stopped playing or don't, they will need a re-fresher. The fanbase has proven that these other types of people are sizable, so the producers want to accommodate them. It's also a good way for those who don't care for the game's explanations on the sub-features like Seals, Berries and Contests (like me) and see it in action first off.

I think we need these for we had 5 prior seasons without much needed outright re-exposition of the concepts. People can't always track the series' little or major overhauls. At least I think that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    D/P is the start of a new series so they're re-explaining things.

If you remember they did the same thing at the beginning of Hoenn because May was a new trainer. It seems every time we have a new trainer in the anime, (May or Dawn), the writers will bring things back to basics to re-explain everything to them.

Years
  • D/P is the start of a new series so they're re-explaining things.

If you remember they did the same thing at the beginning of Hoenn because May was a new trainer. It seems every time we have a new trainer in the anime, (May or Dawn), the writers will bring things back to basics to re-explain everything to them.

Well, yeah, as was Hoenn in its shiny Advanced Generation status. Yet, we, outside of Japan, continue to treat the spinoffs as part of the original series, and I don't know why.

Sounds like a good topic. Hm.

Back