• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen soft reseting?

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
Years
  • i'm soft reseting for a shiny starter so I can migrate him. when I do this and I click a on the ball does the little circle that pops up shiny? or do I actually have to start the battle.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    I dont think so really, i think you have to wait for the battle to see if its shiny or not, is this for R/S/E?

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
  • okay, the whole thing only takes like 6 seconds though.

6x8000 = 48000 seconds

48000/60 = 800 mins... wow

and reseting to 8000 is max right?

EDIT: i messed up my math somewhere in there.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Dont forget your going to want to take breaks, so its going to be even longer.

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
  • treeko, I have a level 36 shiny blaziken and level 37 shiny swampert aiming for a level 38 shiny sceptile to complete the odd collection XD

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Oh really? then where did you get those other shinies from?

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Well if you dont really care about getting your own shiny, then why not save the trouble, and ask for shiny Sceptile. I dont think wasting 14 hours of you life is worth it, unless you really dont care.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Just because you have a 1/8000-something chance in getting one doesn't mean you'll automatically get it after tryin' 8000 times. No matter how many times you try, you'll still only have a 1/8000 chance of finding one. You can find it early on, or you can find it after 10000 tries. It's just luck, not math.

Oh, and good luck. ;)

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
    Years
    • Age 115
    • I
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    Oh, and one of the bad things of starter shiny hunting in R/S/E is the wild Poochyena can be shiny, xD

Back