• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Relating the new Pokemon to old Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I've seen the "Pokemon's lost it's originality" posts and all that jabber and, frankly, well, uhh... I'm not getting into that.

BUT I do notice some parallels between the new starters and older Pokemen (I like Pokemen as a plural).

Chespin (the grass one): vaguely reminds me of Nuzleaf, and will match that even more if it is indeed a Grass-Dark.
    Fennekin (the fire one): makes me think of a Zorua. I could also say Vulpix, but Zorua matches better to me.
    Froakie (the water one and my personal favorite): give me an inkling towards Seismitoad. That's about it though and, yes, I do realize that they are both frogs.

As new Pokemen come out, I'd be interested in seeing what they remind people of.

Oh and that blue Legendary (I presume it's legendary) makes me think of that deer from Princess Mononoke.. and Suicune.

I know Pokemen isn't the plural, by the way.
    Blah

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back