• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Restoration (Redo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Basically, I want to post a new thread for my Pokemon Restoration. It has been over a year since my previous thread was touched, and the thread is closed, so I hope this is alright since I do plan on being more active with the development of my game. The reason for this being 2 years in the making without much progress is because of two things: 1stly I had many many computer problems in the past and a few times my work got permanently deleted. I often didn't have my computer as it was sent away, and eventually the computer died and I got a new one. The second reason is I had other things I did and sort of forgot. But it was mostly the first.

Pic_2.png

(Note: I probably won't keep this intro and make a new one. Or draw a new one.)​

Spoiler:

Here are my sprites thus far:

Spoiler:

I haven't done a whole lot more than what I had. I mostly spent the last few days catching up to where I was at - which was just after the intro bth. But I took time to make custom sprites and stuff as well. Below are the screenshots.

Spoiler:

What I'm hoping to accomplish is a game that can go in multiple directions if the player chooses.
    If they want to help restore pokemon by breeding them, they may.
    If they would like to develop relationships with the island inhabitants (characters from the anime, manga, games, etc) they may, and it's highly encouraged.
    If they prefer Team Rocket, they can ignore the peril of the virus and steal pokemon.
    If they ignore Oak's request they can try to journey normally, though will have to watch out for infected pokemon (infected pokemon WILL die).
    If you do choose to breed, you can choose to focus on breeding, raising money and rations for the pokemon, or focus on healing infected pokemon. Or a combination thereof.

I plan on giving certain characters eligibility. As in, you can court them further than bonds of trust in order to use their pokemon.

You can gain more affection points from the NPCs by completing quests for them or participating in events and heart events.

The majority of what is seen here is made by me. It's a solo project. But the Pokemon Essentials kit is obviously not made by me, neither are the characters used owned by me other than the custom characters. And the face pictures are from a pokemon website that I can't remember the name of.

I would appreciate feedback, suggestions, critique, whatever you feel like saying. And thank you for taking your time to look!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Hmmm... This seems like a good idea.
    I wasn't around when this "previous thread" so i wouldn't know much
    I'm a big fan of Harvest Moon And Pokémon so i guess if this was released I would enjoy it.

But I dont think i saw it anywhere but what program are you using to make this?

Years
  • Hmmm... This seems like a good idea.
    I wasn't around when this "previous thread" so i wouldn't know much
    I'm a big fan of Harvest Moon And Pokémon so i guess if this was released I would enjoy it.

But I dont think i saw it anywhere but what program are you using to make this?

I'm sorry! I sort of forgot about this site for a while for some reason. More concerned about the upcoming anime convention I guess lol

I'm using RPG Maker. And thank you for your interest! It's a slow start because I know so little and I'm by myself. But I know I can do it! I mostly am concerned with how I can have affection levels for characters and make little events where the characters move on their own. But I should focus more on the whole instead of just going at it from start to finish.

I really should... >w<

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Unfortunately this thread hasn't been posted in in over two and you really didn't offer any new information that could count as an update. If you'd like you can repost your game in a new thread and I'll gladly approve it for you. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back