• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Blue: The Epilogue (Working Title)

How many Pokemon should be in this game?

• The original 151

Votes: 2 40.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 151-250

• 251-350

• All 493

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
Pokemon Blue: The Epilogue​
The Epilogue is a game being made in RMXP using Poccil's Pokemon Essentials.
Additional credits to Fangking for some charsets.

~~[Introduction]~~
Hi there. You can call me Masquerade. I've been using RPG Maker for fun since RM2K. I've never completed a project. I've been rom-hacking for a couple years. I've never finished a hack. When I learned that Poccil's Pokemon Essentials was out, I decided to combine these two things into one and make a Pokemon game.

Pokemon Blue: The Epilogue is, quite simply, an epilogue to Blue version. It takes place shortly afterwards and assumes that G/S/C, R/S/E, and D/P/P do not exist.

~~[The Story]~~
Years ago, when Professor Oak still lived in Kanto, a boy from his native Pallet Town captured the legendary Clone Pokemon, Mewtwo. The boy brought the Pokemon to Professor Oak so that he could keep it from harming anyone.

The professor spent years studying Mewtwo. He did so in a humane way, building a large, natural structure and catering to all of the Pokemon's needs. Through his caring ways, he began to befriend Mewtwo. The Pokemon became more and more willing toallow Oak to perform tests on it. Then one morning, Professor Oak went down into the lab and discovered that Mewtwo had left without an explanation.

The professor searched for months, trying to track down the Pokemon. He used all of the knowledge he had compiled to predict Mewtwo's location based on its likes and dislikes. His data pointed him to the region of Kohku. Professor Oak gathered up all of his aspirations and moved to Cassava City in this region, where he is just beginning to settle in.

The professor needs aides to help him with his errands so he can concentrate on his search for Mewtwo, and you have lined up with many other hopefuls.

You are an only child from the sheltered Bitterleaf Town. Your parents were always very protective, never letting you venture outside of the town's borders. When you turned ten and all the other children began their journies as Pokemon trainers, you were held back by your parents. To make up for the time lost in the field, you dedicated yourself to researching everything about Pokemon. Now, six years later, you hold a formidable amount of knowledge, and it is no surprise that you are Oak's top pick.

--The Corsairs--

A new gang has formed in Kohku. They call themselves The Corsairs. Their founder, Artemis, witnessed the legendary Mewtwo streaking through the sky one night from her home. She was quite familiar with the story of Mewtwo's power, especially coming from her background in genetic engineering.

Artemis was a member of a study called "The Helix Project." The goal of the project was to combine DNA and create Pokemon that could perform well under any conditions. All the while, Artemis was running side projects of her own, attempting to create more powerful Pokemon. All of her projects failed, resulting in terrible fates for the Pokemon she tried to create.

Using her charm and intelligence, she gathered up many willing scientists from her old projects as well as grunts to form her gang. Artemis was lucky enough to recruit one of Oak's aides from Kanto, Gregor. Through Gregor, Artemis learned much of Professor Oak's studies, though Gregor knew no details, as Oak did all of his studies on Mewtwo alone.

The Corsairs' main goal is to track down Mewtwo and learn from its DNA. Their hope is to create a Pokemon as powerful as Mewtwo without the aggression so that they may use it for their own selfish gain. To do this, they'll need to acquire Professor Oak's research on Mewtwo so that they may discover the Pokemon's location.

~~[Features]~~
The standard stuff. You know, new region, new story.
No Fakemon.
Everything Poccil's Pokemon Essentials includes.
Quickrail System - A over/underground train system that can take players to many major cities.
This is not guaranteed. It is possible that after completion of the main storyline in Kohku, an additional region will be added.

~~[Media]~~
mapinprogress.jpg

The Kohku Region. (Or do you like the name Shiko better?)​
Screenshots coming soon. I'm too tired to take any right now.

~~[Applications]~~
I don't really need help with anything at the moment, but if you feel for some reason that you ABSOLUTELY have to help me with this project, just PM me telling me what you can help with.

The only things I'd like though are some sig banners. If anyone would be willing to make some, I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Years
This is very well written and seems well thought out. I voted for all of the pokemon just because they are already in the starter kit, you may as well use them. I feel though if you intend to do two different regions then it would be cool if you split them up between the two regions. I also want to put out there that I would suggest using the original starters since it looks as though you will be getting your very first pokemon from Oak.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
Yep, I'm using the original starters for sure. Thanks for the feedback.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
As per you question of "How Many Pokemon should there be?", I think you could add the Origional 151, along with the Evos/Pre-Evos from other generations.

Also to comment on your Quickrail idea, I personally find that to be intersting.

Go for the stars, man!

Back