• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some Sprites

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
  • Finally back after a long time away due to classes and personal issues.

For the past few weeks I've been working on a hack that will contain 152 Fakemon. This hack will only contain Fakemon, but I'm actually trying to appeal to a lot of people with the story, the graphics, and the Fakemon of course. For now I have several of the Fakemon sprites below, and I'd love opinions on their quality, and if you'd like to play this hack (when more information is released of course).

Here are two of the three starters, the Grass and Fire starters.
    001s.png
    004s.png

And here are some of the Fakemon you can find throughout the game (only first forms)
    031s.png
    037s.png
    057s.png
    065s.png
    101s.png
    107s.png
    119s.png

Thank you for your opinions in advantage. And my apologies if this isn't in the right section, I'm not quite caught up again yet.

And also, a quick note - these Fakemon are only for private use, so please do not ask to use them.​

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    So I think that I can stumble here. So what?

Yup, so you came here for criticism for your sprite work correct?

I'll start with the starters. (Note that I'm telling ways to improve your work)

The grass starter is great. It's cool, nice and cute. But its size is to be shortened out, not the body, but the whole thing, because when I play your hack I wouldn't want to see starters with high resolutions. The fire starter is not only too big in size, but also in structure, because it looks like a second evolution.

As for the Fakemon... well... some of them don't look like first forms, and some of them are still oversized. The outlining is jagged, and also you could use a nice selection of colours and fix a little inconsistent shading.

Look to see more!

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • So I think that I can stumble here. So what?

Yup, so you came here for criticism for your sprite work correct?

I'll start with the starters. (Note that I'm telling ways to improve your work)

The grass starter is great. It's cool, nice and cute. But its size is to be shortened out, not the body, but the whole thing, because when I play your hack I wouldn't want to see starters with high resolutions. The fire starter is not only too big in size, but also in structure, because it looks like a second evolution.

As for the Fakemon... well... some of them don't look like first forms, and some of them are still oversized. The outlining is jagged, and also you could use a nice selection of colours and fix a little inconsistent shading.

Look to see more!
    Oversized...? I'm not sure what you mean by this?

A bunch of these went through a few revisions from smaller versions, but if they are made any smaller, details on them disappear and they look rather horrendous. But that's just what I found.

Back