• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Daisy Oak

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    She's your standard NPC - she'll give you something to help you and provide a service for you. But the difference here is that she is given a name. She's not just any old NPC - she's the sister of your rival. She's gotten a bit more dialogue in other games but pretty much nothing in RBY.

Let's imagine we could give Daisy a bit more presence in the games! Where else would have you liked Daisy to have appeared? I mean she doesn't give off the vibe she's unable to leave her home sooo what else would have you liked her do in the games? :)

Years
  • I think it would have been nice to see Daisy as an additional rival, kind of like the opposite of Blue. She could be the one encouraging you along the way, and she could've also have Oak's last starter. Alternatively, she just could be an NPC that shows up along the way and gives you items as you progress. (Such as little things like medicine or HMs.)

It's a shame that she wasn't used too much in RBY, as she had potential to do something.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    See her around the Kanto region on your travels and she gives some backstory or items. Maybe battle her before the Elite four as a test.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • In Red/Blue she could have played as the other rival that obtains the last Kanto starter. Namely, she would get the Pokemon that your starter happens to have an advantage against. In Pokemon Yellow, however, Eevee is given to Gary while you get Pikachu. She wouldn't exactly have a Pokemon to be given unless its a special one that was being kept just for her(like a Vulpix or something really unique). As such, she could appear occasionally to give you advice, support and otherwise useful items such as HM's.

Outside of that, I can't really see a purpose for her character.

Years
  • Yeah, she pretty under used in the original games. I think she there to show that she's nicer than your Rival as she doesn't have ill feelings towards you. This is shown when she gives you the map(which is optional btw) even when your rival gloats on how he's going to tell his sister not give you one. I'm not 100% sure how to give her more importance in the gen 1 games without changing the plot too much. However, she can pop up every once in awhile and give you items or maybe show up along side with Oak when you beat the league.

If they want to give her more importance I think they should of gave her a cameo in Sun and Moon. Like she went with Blue/Green(JPN) in his trip to Alola so they could visit Oak's Cousin. She can even say something when you battle Green or maybe Red at the Battle Tree. I dunno I think Sun and Moon could of gave Daisy a chance to be acknowledge in some way. Which would of been nice since she tends to get forgotten a lot.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I think it probably says something that the anime never even bothered to acknowledge her despite her being the main rival's sister. She's a very pointless, unimportant character in the games.

I think she probably would've worked best as a character similar to Bianca, a secondary friendly rival who eventually becomes Oak's assistant.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I agree that she would have been cool as a sort of secondary rival, similar to Wally's role in the Hoenn games. Alternatively, it's been established that she's a Pok?mon Coordinator, so if the Kanto games had any contests to speak of I'm sure she would have introduced or played a role in those.

Back