• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rocks fall, everyone dies [A OU Battle Log]

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
  • Rocks fall, everyone dies

Because I'm lazy, I'm giving you the choice of having your eyes raped if you are using a dark background-skin-thingy, or switching your current PC Skin by clicking on this sentence. :c

So, I was hanging around the server like I always do, the lazy bothersome person I am etc, when yet another (apparent) random-er joins the chat and asks for a battle. I gladly accept, expecting the usual Charizard/Zekrom/Mewtwo team, without knowing that one of the most entertaining battles I've had in this new generation of pokemon were to unfold... but before that, you'll get to meet the team! (also note that since this battle didn't have Wifi clause ticked on, I didn't get to see my opponents team until the end.. and neither will you! haha!)

Team Ex-Ex-Pert (but with Pert so it is more like team Ex-Pert):

642.png
    260.png
    479-wash.png
    386-speed.png
    251.png
    626.png

Rules:
    Tier: Wifi
    Unrated
    Sleep Clause
    Freeze Clause
    Species Clause

(also you should be aware that I love writing eloborate thought schemes at times, especially considering lead matchups.. of which I apologize greatly if you find that untolerable) With no further ado, let the match begin!

Battle between Precipice GenV and Oppowdon started!

RZGyN.png
    vs.
    RZGyN.png

Oppowdon sent out Thundurus!
    Precipice GenV sent out Thundurus!

Original Version:
    Spoiler:

Loeb version: (yeah now you can understand this as well syndy!)
    Spoiler:

Start of turn 1

RZGyN.png
    arrow.gif
    8xNFx.png
    vs.
    RZGyN.png

Oppowdon called Thundurus back!
    Oppowdon sent out Swampert!
    Thundurus used Volt Change!
    It had no effect!
    Swampert: 100%
    Thunderus: 100%/Locked in Volt Change?

Score. Now I'm 98% certain that this isn't some sort of Nasty Plot set, the remaining 2% of me that is unsure mostly stems from me using a SD U-turn Scizor back in Gen IV in order to scout for random Zap/Gyara-dos before I SD'd and tried to sweep. Simply put, don't use it, I'll probably get haunted for "U-turn-ity" by angry scizors in the afterlife of pokemon for misusing its talents so gravely..

ANYWAY. My Choice Band Swampert is in without a scratch, and while it now might very well have a chance to ROCK Thunderus like a hurricane, I really doubt that locking myself into Stone Edge at the beginning of a match is such a good idea, considering how it is still a un-STAB'ed coverage move. While a switch might very well be due for him as well because of the fact that Volt Change is doing jack and squat to me. Overpredicting and using Earthquake at this time is not a good idea either as he might very well just stay in and use another attack to chip at my health, predicting me using EQ on the switch. No, Aqua Tail is my best and only option at this time, as unlike EQ it actually has like 3 immunities in OU, all of which hates Thunderus and Celebi.

-----

Start of turn 2

8xNFx.png
    vs.
    RZGyN.png
    arrow.gif
    kAVzM.png

Precipice GenV called Thundurus back!
    Precipice GenV sent out Reuniclus!
    Swampert used Aqua Tail!
    Reuniclus lost 51% of its health!
    Swampert: 100%/Locked in Aqua Tail
    Reuniclus: 49%

Dark_Azelf is watching the battle.
    Precipice GenV: haha damn
    Precipice GenV: shouldn't have taken bronzong out.

Booo yah! I got quite the fortunate damage roll here, rolling max damage and possibly allowing for a 2hko, as a CB Pert does (43.87% - 51.89%) to a Max/max bold Rank with Aqua Tail on average. I have no reason not to stay in, as Aqua Tail will still do a ton unless it hits something like Cloyster (and if my opponent carried Cloyster, why didn't my opponent send it in instead of Rank, especially considering the danger of SR chipping off its health before it sets up?), and getting rid of one of the most annoying pokes in the game painlessly would really give me a great way to start off this battle. Let's do the wave.

-----

Start of turn 3

8xNFx.png
    vs.
    kAVzM.png

Swampert used Aqua Tail!
    The attack of Swampert missed!
    Reuniclus used Shadow Ball!
    Swampert lost 27% of its health!
    Swampert: 73%/Locked in Aqua Tail

Now this is where I gain some very useful information that probably wouldn't have mattered if SWAMPERT HAD MANAGED TO HIT IT (though admittedly that is my fault, always choosing Fire Blast over Flamethrower for the higher damage output etc). In my experience, Reuniclus has two sets it can run with little to no trouble, a Calm Mind set that takes a dump on defensive teams by being near impossible to kill unless you use Excavalier, and the Trick Room set turns offensive teams speed against them, most likely killing several pokes in the process. Now, the damage calculation from earlier is versus the first set, however seeing Shadow Ball really alerts me that this is a Trick Room set, but possibly with the ev spread of the stall killer. In other words, I'll have to make absolutely certain that Rank goes down, seeing as this team carries no priority (hahaha). This teams' main way of addressing scary stuff is Deoxys-S, which unsurprisingly enough does not do its job as well in TR.

-----

Start of turn 4

8xNFx.png
    vs.
    kAVzM.png
    arrow.gif
    n5v3I.png

Precipice GenV called Reuniclus back!
    Precipice GenV sent out Latios!
    Swampert used Aqua Tail!
    It's not very effective...
    Latios lost 48% of its health!

Swampert: 73%/Locked in Aqua Tail
    Latios: 52%

Oppowdon: ffff

I'm not entirely sure why he decided to save Rank. Possibly he concluded with that I wouldn't be bothered with missing and going for a more certain KO in Earthquake, without realizing that this is some sort of choiced Swampert, or perhaps.. wait, what did he bring in? OH BUGGER OFF, IT'S A DAMNED LATIOS, aka problem pokemon #2 for this team. Simply put, I know that this is going to spam draco meteor, but alas, I have no steels. DEAD MEN BE MY TEAM, in other words.

Now, note that since this was a "standard" battle w/o the Wifi Clause from the PC Server, I have no information about my opponent's team - in other words I'll have to choose what to sack based on what I've seen. Swampert hard counter Electrics without a grass move (Thundurus). Celebi is my SR poke, and sacking it would make it even harder to deal with Latios if I don't get to t-wave it. Bouffalant can take a hit for the team and provides a decent synergy with Pert, Thunderus can make Latios go from being a threat to a treat. And I'm NOT sacking my cleaner Deo-S, that would be a herp derp move deluxe... So I guess there is just one choice.

-----

Start of turn 5

8xNFx.png
    arrow.gif
    MAHMi.png
    vs.
    n5v3I.png

Oppowdon called Swampert back!
    Oppowdon sent out Rotom-W!
    Latios used Draco Meteor!

jQFrE.png

Rotom-W lost 100% of its health!
    Latios's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Rotom-W fainted!
    Rotom-W: 0%//Fainted
    Latios: 52%/ -2 Special Attack

5-6

Dark_Azelf: oppo you suck, still no steels
    Dark_Azelf: lol!
    Oppowdon: I know rofl
    Oppowdon: I forgot to changeee
    Oppowdon: oh well
    Precipice GenV: you need steel genV .-.
    Dark_Azelf: >:[

Oppowdon sent out Thundurus!

Well you suck you too DA, get back to the tea and crumpets factory already >:[
    Regardless, who needs to call the Ghostbusters when you can just use Specs Latios? ZUUUUL.

Anyway, from here on I decide to chance it on a fortunate damage roll. HP Ice from Thunderus does (45.85% - 54.49%) to a 4/0 Latios, which roughly means that I'll ko it 50% of the time. Regardless of the damage though, it'll be dead if I manage to get rocks up with Celebi, so that should be an easy kill if not. For all I know, he might be carrying some sort of Magic Bounce mon, which makes it even sillier to try to status it, and HP Ice also has the benefit of hitting any ground mons that could want to switch into a T-wave. Rest assured that Latios will not get a chance to kill anything again.

Battle Recap

5 - 6: Precipice GenV

Oppowdon's Team Status.
    Thundurus: 100%
    Swampert: 73%
    Celebi: 100%
    Baffuron: 100%
    Deoxys-S: 100%

Precipice GenV's Team Status.
    Latios: 52%/-2 Special Attack
    ???: 100%

-----

Start of turn 6

arrow.gif
    RZGyN.png
    vs.
    n5v3I.png
    arrow.gif
    4gGFr.png

Precipice GenV called Latios back!
    Precipice GenV sent out Heatran!
    Heatran is floating on a balloon!
    Thundurus used Hidden Power!
    Heatran lost 4% of its health!
    Heatran's Balloon popped!

Heatran: 96%

Heatran. Now that is extremely annoying considering how I just sacked one of, if not the best answer to it EVER, resisting/taking neutral damage from any attack it carries barring HP Grass. Fortunately, it is a Balloon variant, which leads me to believe that he is either going to Flame Charge (yeah good luck with that considering how I'm packing Deo-S, and I might as well just T-Wave that slug back where it belongs when it is having fun boosting), or, considering how he sacked his balloon in order to GET Heatran in in the first place, I find it rather likely that a Stealth Rock is coming. Thunderbolt should be a 3hko, while Fire Blast 2hko's me, so while I COULD just simply Taunt and prevent rocks from being set up in the first place, I think that I'll benefit more from killing off Heatran, which I should be able to do if I'm right.

Oppowdon: at least I'm not magnezone weak!
    Dark_Azelf: rofl

-----

Start of turn 7

RZGyN.png
    vs.
    4gGFr.png

Thundurus used Thunderbolt!
    Heatran lost 39% of its health!
    Heatran used Stealth Rock!
    Pointed stones float in the air around Oppowdon's team!
    Heatran: 57%

Start of turn 8

RZGyN.png
    vs.
    4gGFr.png

Heatran lost 36% of its health!
    Heatran used Fire Blast!
    Thundurus lost 77% of its health!
    Thundurus restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
    Thundurus: 29%
    Heatran: 21%

-----

Start of turn 9

RZGyN.png
    vs.
    4gGFr.png
    arrow.gif
    OwOPk.png

Precipice GenV called Heatran back!
    Precipice GenV sent out Gliscor!
    It had no effect!
    Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!

Gliscor was poisoned!

Thundurus: 35%
    Gliscor: 100%/Poisoned

All right. He decides to save his Heatran as fodder for later, but that also means that he'll have to switch around a bit. Considering how I have yet to see something that outspeeds Thunderus, I might as well get to rip his team to pieces using it alone. HP Ice should be a sure OHKO on any Gliscor, and should leave me with a decent way of saving LO recoil on Deo-S, as it sometimes appear to die faster than an Infernape dies after switching into stall twice :/

-----

Start of turn 10

RZGyN.png
    vs.
    OwOPk.png

Gliscor used Protect!
    Gliscor protected itself!
    Gliscor protected itself!
    Gliscor restored HP using its Poison Heal!
    Thundurus: 40%
    Gliscor: 100%/Poisoned

-----

Start of turn 11

RZGyN.png
    vs.
    OwOPk.png
    arrow.gif
    RZGyN.png

Precipice GenV called Gliscor back!
    Precipice GenV sent out Thundurus!
    Thundurus used Hidden Power! (It's super effective!)
    Thundurus lost 62% of its health!

Thundurus: 46%
    Thundurus: 38%

Dark_Azelf: lol...
    Precipice GenV: damn
    Dark_Azelf: speed tieee
    Oppowdon: yeaaaa

Protect doesn't matter at all on my behalf (lefties recovery yay!), though my opponent is comfortably assured that I do NOT run Hidden Power Dragon for Latios, seeing as I would have little to no reason to stay in on Gliscor in the first place if I did. Regardless, I don't really need to predict as I'll do free damage to everything if he keeps on trying to switch around. And switching out would, after SR damage, make Thunderus easy pickings for whatever priority abuser he might have left in his last unknown pokeball, regardless of if it resisted the attack or not (for instance, CB Scizor 2hko's 100% Thunderus with SR up… then again that probably excludes Scizor from the mystery mon equation given that it has yet to show itself).

To sum my situation up; if I switch out, I'm easy pickings – if I stay, I have a shot at continuing this "mini-sweep". Time to flip the coin.

-----

Start of turn 12

RZGyN.png
    vs.
    RZGyN.png

Thundurus used Hidden Power! (It's super effective!)
    Thundurus lost 46% of its health!
    Thundurus fainted!
    Thundurus: 0%//Fainted
    Thundurus: 38%/Locked in Hidden Power?

Oppowdon:
    oh sod off
    Precipice GenV: yay

Oppowdon sent out Swampert!
    Pointed stones dug into Swampert!

A hidden power Ice or Rock, I presume, neither of which should bother Swampert. Also no LO recoil/ Leftovers recovery leaves me assured that Swampert will likely remain the best way of addressing this menace, as a measly (21.35% - 25.26%) is what a scarf Thunderus would do on average to my Pert with HP Ice (which may be the reason why he was so smug in switching it into Thundurus, as a speed tie is obviously not the most desirable outcome for anyone). Specs is also a possibility, especially considering the fact that he carries Volt Change for scouting purposes, but that shouldn't trouble Swampert either seeing as it deals (31.77% - 37.50%) on average, quite possibly leaving me with Torrent activated and a possible kill on Latios. After all, I love to think that hax comes back to bite your ass eventually, and what would be better than another miss from a 90% move?

To be honest, the biggest threat to my Swampert from this Thunderus is that Pokemon Online may somehow have implemented the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Hidden Power mechanics, which changed your hidden power type and power every time you used it, (which actually WOULD make some sense considering all the times my Celebi have found itself to have HP Dark instead of Fire...), but that is just me being ridiculous. Swampert, he has shown you HIS power level, now it's your turn to show him yours.

Battle Recap

4 - 6: Precipice GenV

Oppowdon's Team Status.
    Swampert: 67%
    Deoxys-S: 100%

Thundurus: 38%
    Gliscor: 100%

Rocks are up on Oppowdon's side of the field.

-----

Start of turn 13

arrow.gif
    8xNFx.png
    vs.
    RZGyN.png

A critical hit!
    Swampert lost 66% of its health!
    Swampert fainted!
    Swampert: 0%//Fainted
    Thundurus: 38%/Locked in Hidden Power Ice

Precipice GenV: rofl
    Precipice GenV: rematch?
    Oppowdon sent out Deoxys-S!
    Pointed stones dug into Deoxys-S!
    Deoxys-S is exerting its Pressure!

Well, that is nothing but extremely annoying. I'll assume that this is a specs Thunderus, as otherwise he wouldn't have killed me even with a max damage crit :/ Luckily, this means that Deoxys can come in to show it the true meaning of speed, without worrying about taking a T-wave to the face, but it also means that it takes damage. (Magic Guard Deo-S anyone?)

-----

Start of turn 14

arrow.gif
    VR1RO.png
    vs.
    RZGyN.png

Deoxys-S used Ice Beam! (It's super effective!)
    Thundurus lost 37% of its health!
    Thundurus fainted!
    Deoxys-S is hurt by its Life Orb!
    Deoxys-S: 78%

Oppowdon: nah
    Dark_Azelf: deoxyzzzz
    Precipice GenV sent out Reuniclus!

He sends out Rank, of which I can do just about nothing to at this health. Besides, I already know that since it is running Shadow Ball, it is most likely a Trick Room set. I need to get my rocks up, so Celebi it is. It might look like a silly move on my part, (what, not killing off Rank immediately with a LO Leaf Storm) but at this point in the game I'm trying to calm myself down to convince myself that it really isn't. Call me paranoid or whatever, setting up Stealth Rock is necessary for me to have a chance atin actually winning this game. Latios is currently at 52%, and while Deo-S is SUPPOSED to do more to it than that with a LO Ice Beam, (66.45% - 78.41%), to be exact, I've found that for some reason it NEVER does more than 50% when I ladder, so I'm not taking any chances. Barring that, SR is also immensely useful as it breaks Sturdy, which could otherwise prevent me from sweeping with Deoxys.

Basically, my main argument for not killing off Rank at this health is that it might just be that my opponent switches in something that could easily kill off a 4|0 Celebi with -2 Spa and outspeed it in TR, leaving me with no SR and no potential Sturdy break - and we don't want that to happen, do we? >:[

Battle Recap

3 - 5: Oppowdon

Oppowdon's Team Status.

Rocks are up on Oppowdon's side of the field.

-----

Start of turn 15

VR1RO.png
    arrow.gif
    6VmNy.png
    vs.
    arrow.gif
    kAVzM.png

Oppowdon called Deoxys-S back!
    Oppowdon sent out Celebi!
    Pointed stones dug into Celebi!
    Reuniclus used Trick Room!
    Reuniclus twisted the dimensions!
    Celebi: 88%/Trick Room active, 4 turns left
    Reuniclus: 49%/Trick Room active, 4 turns left

-----

Start of turn 16

6VmNy.png
    vs.
    kAVzM.png

Reuniclus used Shadow Ball! (It's super effective!)
    Celebi lost 58% of its health!
    Celebi used Stealth Rock!
    Pointed stones float in the air around Precipice GenV's team!
    Celebi: 29%/Trick Room active, 3 turns left
    Reuniclus: 49%/Trick Room active, 3 turns left

Whoo! Now, here I face a sort of dilemma. I COULD go to Bouffalant, predicting a Shadow Ball, but I am at low enough health that a LO Psychic might KO (24.63% - 29.03%) Celebi if I stay in, leaving me with a crippled buffalo and a near-dead time-travel pixie, as well as 0 damage on his Rank. Playing recklessly with my mons is not the way to go at this health, so sorry Celebi, suck it up and take one for the team :<

Start of turn 17

6VmNy.png
    vs.
    kAVzM.png

Reuniclus used Shadow Ball!(It's super effective!)
    Celebi lost 29% of its health!

Celebi fainted!
    Celebi: 0%//Fainted
    Reuniclus: 49%/Trick Room active, 2 turns left

2-5

Dark_Azelf: um

Dark_Azelf: lol

Oppowdon sent out Baffuron!
    Pointed stones dug into Baffuron!

Oppowdon: meh
    Oppowdon: now I can kill latios
    Oppowdon: lol

-----

Start of turn 18

arrow.gif
    Su5HG.png
    vs.
    kAVzM.png

Reuniclus used Psychic!
    Baffuron lost 47% of its health!
    Baffuron's Sp. Def. fell!

Baffuron used Afro Break!
    Reuniclus lost 39% of its health!
    Baffuron is hit with recoil!

Baffuron restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
    Baffuron: 35%/-1 Special Defense, Trick Room active, 1 turn left
    Reuniclus: 9%/Trick Room active, 1 turn left

Dark_Azelf: ....

Grr somehow I have this feeling that Bouffalant rolled absolutely min damage there, PROOF THAT THIS GAME HATES ME ETC. On the bright side, by the time of Buff's demise Trick Room should've ended, which finally should allow me to unleash the fury, and Reuniclus is at no health to be taking hits anyway, in other words, with the final (known) obstacle overcome, Deo-S should have an easy if stressed time cleaning up. (and poor D_A appears to have given up on me lol)

-----

Start of turn 19

Su5HG.png
    vs.
    kAVzM.png

Reuniclus used Psychic!
    Baffuron lost 35% of its health!
    Baffuron fainted!
    The twisted dimensions returned to normal!
    Baffuron: 0%//Fainted
    Reuniclus: 9%/

Okay, this ought to be interesting. Deoxys-S, the only poké of mine to actually kill off one of Precipice's mons, often hailed as one of the, if not THE best late game cleaner back in D/P, versus my opponents entire team. I know that I can one-shot everything I've SEEN on his team, but that mystery unseen poké makes me worried.. Regardless, this is a now or never moment, Trick Room has ended, and Rank, the one thing that I've seen that could stop Deo in its tracks, has been weakened to the point of no Return (or in this case, ICE BEAM).

Battle Recap

1 - 5: Precipice GenV

Oppowdon's Team Status.

Reuniclus: 9%

Rocks are up on both sides of the field.

-----

Start of turn 20

arrow.gif
    VR1RO.png
    vs.
    kAVzM.png

Oppowdon sent out Deoxys-S!
    Pointed stones dug into Deoxys-S!
    Deoxys-S is exerting its Pressure!

Deoxys-S used Ice Beam!
    Reuniclus lost 9% of its health!
    Reuniclus fainted!
    Deoxys-S: 55%
    Reuniclus: 0%//Fainted

Dark_Azelf: deo sweep ?
    Oppowdon: yeah

Precipice GenV sent out Gliscor!
    Pointed stones dug into Gliscor!

Onoes D_A is on to my dastardly plan lol :x Regardless, Ice Beam should finish off the rest of his team. Easy kill.

-----

Start of turn 21

VR1RO.png
    vs.
    arrow.gif
    OwOPk.png

Gliscor lost 87% of its health!

Gliscor fainted!
    Deoxys-S: 45%
    Gliscor 0%//Fainted

Precipice GenV: lol
    Precipice GenV: u might

Ice Beam does (7.74% - 9.29%) to a 4|0 Heatran, yet I foolishly misclick and go for the T-bolt...

-----

Start of turn 22

VR1RO.png
    vs.
    arrow.gif
    4gGFr.png

Precipice GenV sent out Heatran!
    Pointed stones dug into Heatran!

Deoxys-S used Thunderbolt!
    Heatran lost 7% of its health!
    Heatran fainted!
    Deoxys-S: 35%
    Heatran 0%//Fainted

...luckily that doesn't come back to bite me :x No LO stall today, phew. Three down, two to go.

-----

Start of turn 23

VR1RO.png
    vs.
    arrow.gif
    n5v3I.png

Precipice GenV sent out Latios!
    Pointed stones dug into Latios!

Latios lost 39% of its health!

Latios fainted!
    Deoxys-S: 25%
    Latios 0%//Fainted

Battle Recap

1 - 1: Oppowdon

Oppowdon's Team Status.
    Deoxys-S: 25%

Latios: 0%//Fainted
    Heatran: 0%//Fainted
    Gliscor: 0%//Fainted

AAAND THERE WE GO. WHO'S THAT POKEMON?

-----

Start of turn 24

Spoiler:

Dark_Azelf: oshi
    Oppowdon: aaaa

Well damn. I have no idea how much Mach Punch does, and it is obvious that this will be the final move no matter what - as long as Psycho Boost hits, that is damned 90% acc attacks. Let's end this!

VR1RO.png
    vs.
    arrow.gif
    xa5OL.png

Conkeldurr used Mach Punch!
    Deoxys-S lost 17% of its health!

Deoxys-S used Psycho Boost! (It's super effective!)
    Oppowdon: HIT
    Precipice GenV: ahhh

Conkeldurr lost 93% of its health!
    Deoxys-S's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Conkeldurr fainted!
    Dark_Azelf: draw
    Deoxys-S fainted!
    Deoxys-S: 0%//Fainted
    Conkeldurr 0%//Fainted

Tie between Oppowdon and Precipice GenV!

Oppowdon:
    lol
    Dark_Azelf: rofl
    Oppowdon: gg
    Dark_Azelf: log
    Precipice GenV: gg
    Dark_Azelf: imo
    Oppowdon: yeah
    Oppowdon: I'll log this
    Oppowdon: rofl
    Dark_Azelf: it was amusing
    Dark_Azelf stopped watching the battle.

Turns out that Mach Punch does (17.57% - 20.50%) on average, so it would end up with a tie barring a crit on his side. :x Essentially ONE single thing killed me, the crit on Swampert which forced Deo-S to take SR + LO damage for killing Thunderus - and in retrospect I probably could've tried to predict the second Shadow Ball from Rank. Regardless, this was one of the most fun battles I've had in Gen V, and since Precipice agreed to join the panda clan I have great expectations for the future.. and future logs, hohoho. :X GG Precipice!

-----

Final Result

0 - 0: Oppowdon

Oppowdon's Team Status.
    Deoxys-S: 0%//Fainted

Latios: 0%//Fainted
    Heatran: 0%//Fainted
    Gliscor: 0%//Fainted
    Conkeldurr: 0%//Fainted

Precipice GenV's Team:

642.png
    579.png
    381.png
    485.png
    472.png
    534.png

Props:
    Swampert for being such a boss
    Deoxys-S for cleaning up better than any cheap housemaid ever could've done
    Thunderus because fast
    Precipice for the entertaining match

Slops:
    Reuniclus for being so damn annoying
    Rotom-W for not being steel-typed despite clearly being a washing machine made out of metal
    Thunderus because just as fast
    Me for sacking Celebi for almost nothing :<
    Sweden

Credits to good ol'e Postman for the still amazing CSS Battle Recap box, to Vrai and Wolf for proofreading, making my english actually understandable... and of course to all of you readers! (mfw when assuming that this thread would have multiple readers) Now go comment if you haven't already, if you are feeling generous that is! Opp-and away!

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Like I said, really nice battle and the formatting was nice as usual. :) Next time, change to the comment text (black text) to forum default or something else for dark skin users though. >:<

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    OPPOWDON said:
    ...luckily that doesn't come back to bite me :x No LO stall today, phew. Three down, two to go.

I hafta be "that guy" and say that even if he switched Latios into the T-bolt, you would have taken 20% from LO recoil from killing Latios and Heatran would have died from your SR anyway. ;-;

(but if he switched Latios into Ice Beam... you would have won!!)

Anyway it was a pretty entertaining log. ;D VRAI STAMP OF APPROVAL

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Oppo, I gotta admit, that was one of my favorite logs I've ever read (albeit, I've read maybe 5 logs in my lifetime). Not only was it a fantastic battle with some great thought processes, but it was augmented by your charming humor and various puns and pictures. You must teach me in your picture hunting ways because you always seem to have pictures for ever situation. xD

But yes, the formatting was fantastic, the commentary was fantastic, and obviously I enjoy the humor. My only suggestion is not to use ugly sprites. >:[ I've seen all of those sprites before and they're cool for the whole devamp style and all, but it's a shame to see such a good log with such awful pictures. xD

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Like I said, really nice battle and the formatting was nice as usual. :) Next time, change to the comment text (black text) to forum default or something else for dark skin users though. >:<

Thanks for commenting despite being probably the one to have read it like 9000 times more than Syndrome ever will :x But yeah, I'll add a link to a neutral/light forum skin at the top, so that you won't have your eyes go sore when you try to read it while you're using "Team Magma's Passion" rofl.

Pretty quick battle but entertaining nonetheless, well done Oppo : )
    eww those icky yellow emoticons

Regardless, thanks for the comment Aura! I know that it is short, but IT IS NOT THE LENGTH THAT MATTERS, BUT HOW YOU USE YOUR GIVEN MATERIAL OK
    (besides, when I'll get around to post my second decent log altogether with a matching RMT.. you'll probably understand why those kind of battles tend to be short lol, offense all the way!)

Really entertaining battle. :)
    And there was some funny pictures in ther also.
    Good job.

ewww dat smiley

Thank you though! Knowing that my ramblings are read-able and not just passably amusing to S&M regulars means a lot to me, and I hope that you'll stick around and get to know the amazingness that is battle logs and my greatest passhionnnnn. ;D

I hafta be "that guy" and say that even if he switched Latios into the T-bolt, you would have taken 20% from LO recoil from killing Latios and Heatran would have died from your SR anyway. ;-;

(but if he switched Latios into Ice Beam... you would have won!!)

Anyway it was a pretty entertaining log. ;D VRAI STAMP OF APPROVAL

AH BUT THEN HE COULD'VE JUST SAVED TRAN FOR LATER, KILLING ME OFF WITH MACH PUNCH AND WINNING DUE TO IT NOT TAKING SR DAMAGE

...dammit I hate overthinking these things lol

Regardless, thanks for commenting! I don't see the actual stamp of approval though, I think you forgot to post it. >:[

Oppo, I gotta admit, that was one of my favorite logs I've ever read (albeit, I've read maybe 5 logs in my lifetime). Not only was it a fantastic battle with some great thought processes, but it was augmented by your charming humor and various puns and pictures. You must teach me in your picture hunting ways because you always seem to have pictures for ever situation. xD

But yes, the formatting was fantastic, the commentary was fantastic, and obviously I enjoy the humor. My only suggestion is not to use ugly sprites. >:[ I've seen all of those sprites before and they're cool for the whole devamp style and all, but it's a shame to see such a good log with such awful pictures. xD

<33333. Open up the battle log archive right now, and read "Black Ice versus Aurafire", "The Monster 'Mash'", and "Team Ass versus Aurafire" (funny how Aura tend to be on the receiving end of those slapstick battles... hahaha), you will not regret doing that if you enjoyed reading this one lol :x
    HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE THE SPRITES THEY ARE AMAZING
    But if it cheers you up, I'll probably c+p Vrai in regards to sprites on the next log, and you'll probably find that it goes a little bit easier on the eyes than these ones :x Thanks for reading and enjoying it, makes me happy that I'm not the only one that finds pleasure in these (no not that way you silly innuendo hunters)

ALSO, I'll update the OP with a Loeb version of the first turn drama for those that thought that it was TL;DR deluxe (perhaps I'm related to Vexatious from smogon??). Credit to Wolf for the mildly said entertaining "advanced english"-wall of text!

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • The Loeb part got me lol. Where has that guy been...
    Anyways, it was a really enjoyable battle (more than the one where Vrai kept critting my team to death and won 1-0 even though Deo had a similar comeback) and David Caruso is just a boss, making this log the greatest of all time. Anyone who objects to David Caruso being awesome should go face an Inconsistent Octillery.
    In all seriousness, great log though, and I expect no less from the guy who stole at least 2 of my gym entries in the CAPL project last year lol

Back