• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Things You'd Do In-Game

Pleiades

I am the Dragonairborn!
Years
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    Now, I dunno bout you guys, but I was a kid when I played my first Pokemon game. Were you so emotionally attached you'd do specific things?
    When I was a kid, if I was getting ready to go to school or something, I'd have my character in a restaurant (i.e. olivine or celadon) and pretend they were eating lunch with their pokemon! I actually ended up doing that in soul silver while I was getting ready for class. Ah, nostalgia.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • Yeah, I did, actually.

The Nidorina in my avatar/sig (the sprited one) is essentially the same one I had in Pokemon Silver back in the stone age. The reason she has her hair, or rather quills or bristles or whatever the heck non royal Nidos have that stands on end styled that way is because I would keep taking her to the hair stylist. It, to me, was probably the funnest part of the entire game. I like to be more imaginative about the games when I can. I also gave her a pink bow in Silver, which was part of her design up until 2009-2010 or something, and now she only wears it as a relic to past references.

I'd give a lot of my favorite Pokemon extra special treatments in game, and then I'd draw what it would look like on paper. It's also why I love the idea of Pokemon contests. It's like the imaginative person's dream fantasy. It's a glorified way to play dress up with Pokemon in game, yes, but it's also a good way to sort of flesh out the Pokemon in your team's personalities. Come on, that's got to be way more fun to at least think about than just going through the motions with monsters who are only known by their dex number or something.

alkie

Discombabulated Loser
    Years
  • My routine was pretty similar. When I was younger, I'd usually take my Pokemon Sapphire character to the Pokemon Trainer's School in Rustboro City with only Raichu in their party. From thereon I'd leave the game in that stage until I got back from school myself. I believed the connection between my trainer and Raichu were that alike to Pikachu and Ash, which was no surprise considering I'd often turn my Pokemon adventures into an 'imaginary anime' sometimes.

Back