• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn remakes

[TTOTD]maxie526

Leader of the TTOTD clan
Years
  • Many Pokemon fans are waiting for Hoenn remake(s). Many thought that they would be released for Nintendo DS after Black and White. They were wrong. Let me show you when Nintendo has released remakes:

Gameboy:
    Pokemon Green
    Pokemon Red & Blue
    Pokemon Yellow

Gameboy Color:
    Pokemon Gold & Silver
    Pokemon Crystal

Gameboy Advance:
    Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire
    Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen (remakes of Pokemon Red and Blue/Green)
    Pokemon Emerald

Nintendo DS:
    Pokemon Diamond & Pearl
    Pokemon Platinum
    Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver (remakes of Gold and Silver)
    Pokemon Black & White
    Pokemon Black 2 & White 2

Starting to see a pattern? Basically, they won't release Hoenn remakes for the DS because the differences in terms of graphics won't be different enough from the original Hoenn games (Ruby & Sapphire), much like why they didn't make a Gold & Silver remake for the Gameboy Advance for the same reason, and it was too soon to release a remake just 4 years after Gold & Silver came out. And with the new handheld console, the Nintendo 3DS, it makes sense that Nintendo won't release a brand new remake on an old outdated console from 2005 (the Nintendo DS). My guess is that we will get a Hoenn remake for Nintendo 3DS after Pokemon X and Y have been released, so it will be sometime in 2014 or at the beginning of 2015 I guess.

Back