• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Wasn't there an album review thread?

Years
  • I'm not sure if I'm getting mixed up with another forum, but a while ago (like ages ago) there was an album review thread, and people could just review albums and stuff. I'm just wondering what happened to it, and if it'll start up again. Just because I'm trying to do music reviewing as an occupation in the future and it'd be good practice. And also there'll be a lot of other people wanting to flaunt their music taste and make sure everyone knows what bands they listen to so if it was brought back it's not like it'd go down the drain or something.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    There were a lot of review threads for movies, music, television shows, books and the like. For the most part, they all eventually died off and were replaced with threads where you suggest something for people to check out themselves. Reviews such as these are encouraged in Other Entertainment, but unfortunately, they just don't live up to expectations (mine, at least) and end up getting, like, 20 replies in four months and then threads like these come along (where all you do is put a link in and the artist name) and are buzzing with activity within just a few short days of making it.

If you want to make an album review thread for music and whatnot, feel more than free to do so, just click here and type away.

Here's an example of what I mean when I said a review thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=190209. Not to be mean or anything, but threads like this, where opinions are actually described in paragraph form in a type of review-like format just seem a lot more descriptive and whatnot than posting a link and a sentence or two... :|

And with that, I have an idea for something that just might work.

Back