• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Red Official Mew - Question

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    Hi there, I have a question for all you wonderful Pokemon Fanatics that I can't seem to find any info about online!

So I have a UK copy of Pokemon Red - still in the box & plastic case, no manual but excellent condition - which I bought specifically while travelling in order to pick up an Event Mew from a UK Regional Event near where I was staying back in 2000. I came across the game the other day and after starting it up, it still has a working save with the Mew on it.

Now the question: does anyone have any clue how much it would be worth? Aside from a few posts about the rarity of old Event Mews due to failing saves etc. I can't find anything concrete other than the going price of the game itself (about £40-50 on eBay depending on condition).

Even just posting what you would think it's worth would be a big help! I'd really like to sell this to someone who will appreciate it rather than just let it lie around till the battery fails and it's lost forever!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hey! Welcome to PC :)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Origina...057302?hash=item3d5ac7eed6:g:Gw8AAOSwb3laGn6~

This one mentions Mew! Buuut says only $80... and isn't sold, so I don't think it would be high in general but to a collector I'd say it'd be worth a bit. People on ebay aren't specifically looking for an original Red with a Mew unfortunately. :( Hm. You would need a hardcore collector and I can't think of anyone on here that might be except maybe Laslow? I'll tag him to this thread anyway and see if he has any ideas. Keep in mind the selling can't actually happen on this forum itself but he can probably suggest places that you might be able to sell it to!

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    Thanks for the advice. There's a shop near me that buys old games, usually for a decent price. I'll maybe hit them up and see what they say.

Back