• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Winter Sun

SilverGlaceon

Fantasy is better than Reality
Years
  • Hello, SilverGlaceon here! This is my first fanfic ever POSTED (since I have plenty that I've written but you wont be seeing any of them soon)so since I want to improve, please dont hold back on your comments, although please dont be too harsh. I want to improve, not be completely bashed. Anyway, first of all, I'm in 7th grade, so my fic may not be as good as others since I'm still learning how to write real good. Second, the main charcter of this fic is a Ninetales if you dont pick that up after you read around the middle of this first chapter. And finally, this fic will get a bit violent and it will contain blood, not bad language though. I'll make the second chapter longer, so dont worry. So, please review and I hope you like my fic!

Chapters
    Chapter 1: The Nightingale's Song
    Chapter 2: Meeting Old and New
    Chapter 3: Waiting for a False Spring
    Chapter 4: A Summer's Promise
    Chapter 5: Defeat and Fall Shadows
    Chapter 6: The Winter Light's
    Chapter 7: Season's Greetings
    Chapter 8: A Forest Divided...
    (Coming soon!) Chapter 9: ...Cannot Stand

Chapter 1: The Nightingale's Song

The sun shone lazily over the dark, snow-covered forest beneath, making the snow sparkle and flare. Every thing seemed quiet and peaceful. The small rays of light that were able to pierce the snow and leaves dappled the undergrowth, outlining the small wisps of fog that covered the ground.

Suddenly the sharp whirring noise of a metal bird began to throb throughout the forest.

Oh how wrong I was when I thought that day would be perfect to hunt for Stantler. How wrong.

"Run, Bluemoon!" Sunblaze's voice howled.

My sister's voice startled the Stantler I had been stalking, and it reared up and took off in a panic. I was about to snap angrily to her what she had just done, but I couldn't find my voice when I saw why she had screamed.

My half frozen paws moved as fast as they could through the snow, trying to get me in the forest and off the open plain where the herd of Stantler began to panic and run alongside me.They were a blur of brown and white, they're antlers flashing circles of gold.The human's metal bird was after us, and all we could do was run like fleeing prey.

Suddenly, I stopped, transfixed by the shinning object attached under the bird, that was pointed at…Sunblaze! "Run, you dumb-", Sunblaze's voice was drowned out by the sharp bang, followed by the menacing noise of the metal bird.

I twisted around, my red eyes searching desperately for my sister. Her beautiful cream-colored fur shone in the dazzling sun, and her nine tails trailed behind her fallen body. "Sunblaze!" I cried, my voice cracked with grief. I began to run back to her, but she lifted her head and shot blue lights at me.
    I felt a sudden burning sensation where the small globes of fire had touched, and I realized Sunblaze had used Will-O-Wisp on me.

Unnoticed by the metal bird, Sunblaze smiled weakly and whispered, "Run, sister. My hope goes with you now. Remember our promise…"

"Sunblaze, no!!" I screamed again, fighting the pain of my burning flesh. The horrible noise and flash of bright, unnatural light brought me back to my senses and I dashed as fast as I could over into the forest. Just as my paws skimmed over the bushes that marked the tree line, a loud bang resonated in my ears, and I thought with a shudder how close I had come to dying.

I stood there, trembling and surrounded by trees, finally safe. But the horrible cost of getting to shelter had been paid for with the life of my sister. I trotted carefully over to a holly bush, and peeked out.

The metal bird circled the area a final time, before flying off, the loud noise of its four flat wings getting fainter and fainter till I could hear it no more.
    My own nine tails trailed miserably behind me as I walked slowly out to be with my sister one final time.

Her red eyes were dull, still filled with the light of desperation and pain. Desperate, futile hope. "Sunblaze?" my voice rasped sadly, and I awaited her response, even though I knew she would never respond...ever. Her sightless eyes stared past me, at the light blue sky that seemed to go on forever.

I smiled sadly, thinking about her last words. Run, sister. My hope goes with you now. Remember our promise…I chuckled weakly.
    "Your life was ebbing away as you layed on the ground, and all you can think about is our promise? Mother was right, we are competitive" I mused. Suddenly I felt the grief strike me again, and I stared into her eyes. "But fear not, Sunblaze. I will keep my promise. And I know you'll find a way to keep yours," I spoke to her softly, letting out all my emotions in those last few words.

"This is goodbye, sister…but not forever," I growled determinedly, licking her cheek gently. With one final, gentle lick, I closed her eyes forever. As I turned away, I noticed one of my tails next to hers.

Her tail was a pale, creamy color, and was tipped orange. Her entire body was that warm, creamy color, and her eyes were ruby red. My own fur was a pale, blue and silver color, and my tails were tipped with sapphire blue, not fiery orange. Only my red eyes were the same as hers.
    My mother had told me I was special, since I wasn't the color a normal Ninetales should be. Shiny, yes that's what I was. A Shiny Pokemon, different than all the rest.

"Maybe that's why the metal bird was after me," I spoke to myself suddenly. I turned my head towards my sister, and opened my mouth to release a blue flame, Will-O-Wisp, onto her body.

"Farewell, sister. Make sure to keep your promise," I whispered before running back toward the tree line and away from her burning carcass. My ears suddenly caught onto a noise, a bird's cry, and I realized I was hungry.

Quietly, I stalked around the base of a pine tree, so caught up in the thrill of the hunt, I didn't realize what the sound was until I got closer. Sitting on a branch was a small nightingale, and its dark eyes stared at me. I froze, cursing silently at myself. Instead of flying away, it simply turned away and began to sing again.

I pricked my ears up suddenly, the quiet night filled with its beautiful song. I found myself yearning to sing along to it. Suddenly more voices added to its singing. A pair of Starly's on a higher branch began to bob their brown and white heads along with the song. I lifted my muzzle to the heavens above and howled with all my might.

I don't know how long my eerie, sad howl lasted, but when I was finished I was out of breath and panting hard. I froze, something wrong with what I was hearing. I could hear nothing, no more singing, not even a cricket or Kricketot was heard in the horrible silence.

I looked up at the nightingale, and it stared back. It then turned away and began to sing once more. This time, I joined in more softly to make sure I didn't scare any other Pokemon. At first, it didn't seem to be working. But, one by one, the voices returned uncertainly.

I took the risk and howled louder, and suddenly, it seemed the other voices rose as well, more sure and powerful. I didn't feel so alone anymore, and my heart felt enlightened suddenly. I howled along with their singing and simply let myself go along with the song.
    Finally, the song began to fade, and when I looked up, the nightingale flew off. I felt suddenly very alone, and very vulnerable. So this must be what prey feels like before they're caught, I thought uneasily.

I looked up at the moon, so pale and full. "I can see why I was named after you," I whispered. The moon simply sat there, a white beacon against a midnight sky, surrounded by pinpricks of blue and white fire.

I curled up under the pine tree, the small needles making it uncomfortable and hard to find a good resting position. "Good night, Sunblaze. I promise I'll keep our promise," I trailed off, looking up at the moon one last time. "And you promise too," was the last I said that night, as I curled up more tightly. One unseen red star flared brightly in response to my words.

(Hope you liked it. I'll post up the second chapter once I have at least 5 reviews or until Monday. See ya!)

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Hmm, its not too bad for a first posted fic! There are a couple things I'll point out. Now, here we go!

1. Every time you change speakers, start a new paragraph.

2. Separate paragraphs by hitting the enter key twice.

3. Separate events/ thoughts. It won't look as jumbled.

Here, I'll show you:

The sun shone lazily over the dark, snow-covered forest beneath, making the snow sparkle and flare. Everything seemed quiet and peaceful. The small light that was able to pierce through the snow and leaves dappled the undergrowth, outlining the small wisps of fog that covered the ground.

Suddenly, the sharp whirring noise of a metal bird began to throb throughout the forest.

Oh, how wrong I was when I thought that day would be perfect to hunt for Stantler.

"Run Bluemoon," Sunblaze's voice howled.

My sister's voice startled the Stantler I had been stalking, and it reared up and flew off in a panic. I was about to snap angrily at her for what she had done, but I lost my voice when I saw why she screamed.

Okay, time for the good points. I like Ninetales and the plot you chose. It feels well-thought out. Plus, you're trying and I give kudos for that! This is going to be great as it moves on! I'll keep watching!

-Fell

SilverGlaceon

Years
  • Thanks for reviewing, winterfell! Thanks for the pointers, I'll be sure to edit the chapter. I've already started the second chapter, but I'll wait a bit before posting it. Dont worry, I wont give up on this fic, and hopefully other people like my fic too. I'll be more descriptive too, although I hope I dont go overboard. Either way, thanks and stick around for the next chapter! And I'll be reviewing your fic soon, I'm just sleepy right now so probably tomorrow. See ya!

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Take all the time you need, including enough for that nap! XD Bye!

SilverGlaceon

Years
  • Well, here's the second chapter. I know its a bit early to be putting this up, but I'm like that. I'll probably put up the third chapter on Tuesday. Well, hope you like this chapter.

Chapter 2: Meeting Old and New

No…the metal bird…its coming after me! …Not again…Sunblaze, help me! No, I don't want to die! … No…wait…is that you, Sunblaze!? No! Don't go away! Come back!! No, don't attack me! Why…why did you use Flamethrower on me? …Wait…why is your flame blue? Why is it…trapping me…no…its burning me, sister! Come back! No!!

I'm surrounded by my sister's cerulean fire, and all I can do is watch it burn my fur and flesh…watch it consume me, like some living fire beast…all I can do is writhe in agony, while the inferno makes my demise more painful and longer than it should be…and all this happened because…I failed to protect my sister…

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I woke with a jolt, my body trembling and covered in icy sweat. My breath came in short rasps, and my body was numb with pain. The flames were gone, my body no longer singed, and I was safe. I shivered, pressing my silver muzzle to the forest floor covered in pine needles. A shudder ran down my spine, and I looked up at the sky.

Few clouds covered the bright azure sky, although I couldn't see the sun, for it wasn't above my head. I got up and shook myself off, scattering pine needles and leaves around me, before I stretched.

That dream had been horribly real, and I was at loss of words for describing it. My body felt shaky and numb, and when I staggered out from under the tree, I felt ill.

Suddenly my stomach growled loudly, causing some nearby Pidgey to fly off in a blur of brown and beige. I was hungry, and so I was going to hunt to try and forget the fact that my sister had practically killed me. I kept reminding myself that it had only been a dream.

I spotted a young Stantler with its mother over by the river. The water was usually frozen over, but since snow hadn't fallen for a few days now, the surging river beneath the ice finally broke free. The ice blue water would be attracting plenty of Pokemon and animals to the river.

I carefully stalked the two Stantler, hoping to two meals instead of one. Finally, I was just about beside them, and my eyes gleamed with hunger. In order to not get kicked by the mother, I would have to attack her with a Flamethrower, and then go after her young.

Calculating silently, I prepared my Flamethrower, and shot it straight at the mother Stantler's face. She bellowed angrily and began to thrash around. Her young looked confused and terrified. I shot a Smokescreen to finish the job. The mother was wounded and couldn't see, and neither could the young.

The young Stantler finally took off, and unfortunately for it, it was headed straight for the river. I bounded toward the mother and dodged a kick to the head. I raked my claws down her throat and she fell, gasping silently as the world went black forever.

I turned to the river and saw the young Stantler thrashing in the water, unable to swim. I leapt into the water, and began to swim fast toward it. It screamed and went under, and I followed. I grasped its neck in my jaw and held it under the water to drown.

My lungs were on fire when it finally stopped struggling. I raised my head from out of the water and gasped. Then I secured my teeth into its scruff and dragged it onto the bank. I placed one paw on its gray, brown belly; ready to rip it open when I saw that it was still breathing faintly. I growled and slammed my paw down hard on its stomach.

Its glazed eyes opened and it gasped, but I lunged and snapped its neck before it thought about escaping. I knew it was a cruel way to die, but I was hungry and this was survival of the fittest.

I began to tear it open, ripping of strips of blood red meat and practically swallowing them whole. When I was finished with the young Stantler, I went over to the mother and dragged her corpse back to the pine tree where I had slept and began to cover her body over with snow, dirt, leaves, and needles. I would save her for later, when I was hungry again.

I sat down and looked around me. Most trees in this forest were pine and spruce. Other trees were there too, but I didn't know their names. Some trees were bare of any leaves and were covered lightly by snow. Others like the pine still had leaves and needles, but were also covered with snow.

The forest was silent, and suddenly I felt very alone again. I lifted my muzzle and howled, and I flinched when my eerie howl echoed throughout the forest. I sighed and lied down. I was alone…so alone now that Sunblaze was gone.

I sighed again, my tails flicking aimlessly from side to side. I lived in this winter world, so white and pure, but I was different. I felt this forest was supposed to be different too, not so gloomy and empty, not so forlorn and cold.

A snarl from behind me interrupted my thoughts. There standing before me was an Absol. His white pelt was whipped around by the icy winds that blew through the forest. He waved the navy blue saber that stuck out of the side of his head menacingly, his red eyes fierce. His blue face was twisted with anger, and he flexed his navy claws.

Suddenly he leaped at me, swinging his head back and then forward in a slashing movement as the saber glowed and blasted a Razor Wind at me. As he came down his dark blue tail glowed as well and he aimed the Iron Tail at me too.

I released a yelp of surprise and dodged the Razor Wind just in time, but the Iron Tail slammed into my shoulder, causing me to topple over. He wasted no time in landing and rushing at me with Quick Attack. I blasted a powerful Flamethrower before he could touch me, and he howled with pain as the flames quickly consumed him.

"Who are you?" I snarled. He glared at me, then ripped free from the flames and stared me down. "I am Snowfire! This is my territory! Who are you? Leave now, and I'll let you live this time!" he spat back. "I am Bluemoon! I didn't know this was your territory, but I wont flee from your challenge! If I win, I get to stay. But if you win, you get to do with me what you please," I said.

His eyes gleamed and he nodded. "Very well. Take your place and fight!" Snowfire responded and he stood there, the blue spot on his forehead began to glow and he opened his mouth and released a Hyper Beam. I cried out in shock and blasted my own Fire Blast at the oncoming attack.

The two powerful attacks collided and sent snow and smoke blasting everywhere. I closed my eyes to shield them from the smoke, only to have Snowfire attack me while I did so. He lunged forward, claws aglow, and slashed them across my muzzle.

The sound of ripping flesh disgusted me, and I swung around and bit him hard, grabbing his back leg and pinning him down. He seemed quiet surprised that I had managed to catch him but that didn't stop him from fighting. He used Slash again, and I released him with howl of rage and pain.

I shook my muzzle and was alarmed to see so much blood pouring out of my wounds. Snowfire dashed at me again with Quick Attack, but I was prepared and shot a Fire Spin attack at him.

A direct hit, Snowfire was thrown up in the inferno and slammed down hard on the snowy ground. His body was giving off smoke, as he got up weakly.

He glared at me, and then smiled. "Nicely done. I wasn't expecting an attack like that. You can stay as long as you like," he panted, and then he limped over to a tree and lied down in its shadows.

I looked at him, puzzled. "That's it? No more?" I didn't know why, but I had actually liked fighting him with all those attacks.

"You enjoyed the battle, huh?" he mused.

I flattened my ears with embarrassment and scuffed the ground with a paw. "Yea, I did like it actually," I stuttered nervously.

Snowfire shrugged. "Fighting, battling, doing combat, its all in our blood, kid," he replied, licking his wounds.

I cocked my head to the side. "Whose blood?" I asked.

He turned his red eyes to me. "Every Pokemon has some instinct to fight, kid. Whether they be small or big, or if they're nature is bashful or naughty, we all have an instinct to fight. It's the law of nature, simply."

I nodded, understanding what he was telling me.

"It's actually almost like our purpose to the humans. We must fight, we must obey, we must behave like good little pets, that's all we really are to them. Toys they can use whenever they please. Tools that they can use however they please. It sickens me, what those humans do. I saw what they did to that other Ninetales too," he growled, and I nearly jumped out of my fur when he mentioned the Ninetales.

"Other Ninetales?" I echoed.

"Yea, the one that was traveling with you. Who was that? A friend, a mate, a sibling?" he asked.

I felt my sadness rise up in another wave of grief. "She was my sister, Sunblaze," I murmured softly.

Snowfire looked at me hard. "I'd suggest you stop feeling sorry for yourself and for her. What's done is done and that's that! There's no way you can go back in time unless you were Dialga."

I felt a burst of hope but Snowfire quickly doused it.

"I wouldn't try it if I were you. Do you really think your sister would want you to bring her back? I mean, sure she misses you and you miss her too, but keep in mind that if you do bring her back, it'll only be for yourself," and with that he leaped up in the tree to doze. He turned to me. "Also, if it hadn't been for my Flash, you'd probably be dead too," he growled, and then turned away.

I looked up at him in surprise. Then I remembered the bright, unnatural light that had flashed and brought me back to my senses so I could escape. I smiled up at him and then curled up.

My head shot up in alarm when I heard a voice whisper, "Be safe, sister. Keep your promise…" I smiled again and settled under the tree Snowfire was dozing in, and I let the wave of black take me over so I could sleep.

(Its kinda rushed, I know, and the fight wasnt so long. I'll make sure to make battles a bit longer in future chapters. Hope you liked it. See ya!)

Last edited:

dogofthreelover

Friendship is forever
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Hi SilverGlaceon! Those chapters are great! I'm going to have to post my own fanfic. Can't wait for the next chapters! See you at school!

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Awesome! Looks like my pointers helped. This is really great! You're going to better and better. I can feel it! Looks like I'll have wait until Tuesday to find out what happens! I'll be waiting! Bye!

SilverGlaceon

Years
  • Thanks, both of you. I'll have-plenty of time to work on it tomorrow. I dont have much time today as I've been, heh, kinda...neglecting my homework thats due tomorrow. -_-' Heh, but I'll have time tomorrow. The chapter will be up before you know it! See ya!

SilverGlaceon

Years
  • Hey, Silver Glaceon here! I'm sorry for the delay of the posting of this chapter. I wasnt able to finish it yesterday so I had to finish it today. I'm really sorry. I hope you like this chapter!

Chapter 3: Waiting for a False Spring

No…don't attack…me…stop! Sister, are you angry?!…Tell me! …Why…wont you answer…do you enjoy…watching me…burn…and suffer? You hate…me…I know…are you happier…when you…put me through pain? Wait…where are you going?! Don't leave!! …You want me dead…and I can do…nothing to stop you …? Who are you? Why are you here? ………

A beautiful being stands before the blazing blue fires and me. The being's green gaze is warm and her light green, bush like mane stands out along her long, silver neck. A tall pink flower grows on either side of her head, and she stands tall on four long, graceful legs. At the base of her neck is a necklace of blue jewels, similar to the ones around each of her ankles. Two bright green leaves grow from her chest up to her shoulders. Her long silver tail also has a bunch of the blue jewels hanging on its end like a bunch of grapes. Do not fear…the being murmurs telepathically. I bring news…your sister has reason for putting you through pain…the being says. I groan, my silver fur burning away. "Reason?! You expect me to believe that?! The only reason for this pain…is because she hates me!" I hiss. The being blinks her beautiful eyes. You don't understand…her hard decision…is for your own good…the being sighs before starting to fade away. "Wait!! Who are you?" I cry out, darkness falling before my eyes.

The voice returns and mutters softly…Spring.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I sprang up with sudden start and yowled loudly.

Snowfire, still dozing up in the tree, was startled by my sudden outburst and slipped off the branch, landing dazed and irritated on the ground next to me. He shook his head and spat out snow. "What was all that about?!" he cried angrily.

I shuddered before turning and meeting his furious gaze.

"I…I had a dream…" I began but Snowfire cut me short.

"A dream? That's what you yelled about? That's why I just practically catapulted myself off the tree?" he hissed.

I flinched, my face growing hot. "And what? You've never had a dream that made you scream out in the dark of night?" I retorted.

His sharp tail flicked from side to side. "Of course not," he scoffed. "I'm a Dark Type. Scary dreams don't torment me like they do to others," he replied nonchalantly.

My tails lashed, whipping up the snow behind me. "Torment? Dreams don't torment me," I lied.

He smiled smugly as he said, "But then why did you scream?"

I growled, baring my sharp, white teeth.

He swung his gaze away from me and suddenly asked, "What were you dreaming about?"

I looked away and muttered, "None of your business."

He chuckled softly, and my face grew hot again. I heard the soft crunch of snow under paws as he walked away. I swung around and glared at him.

"Where the heck are you going?" I called after him.

He turned to me. "None of your business," he said, smiling.

I opened my mouth to protest but he raced off. "Wait!" I called but too late he was gone. I growled, tails still lashing.

None of my business? I wonder what he's up- "Boo!" a voice from behind caught me off guard and I jumped with surprise, letting out a yowl.

While I calmed myself, Snowfire's loud, mocking laughter echoed in the forest area around us.

I whirled on him with a snarl. "Why did you just do that?!" I roared furiously, my face red with embarrassment.

"You really need to lighten up, Bluemoon," he chuckled, his laughter finally dying down.

"And you really need to grow-up," I snarled.

He smiled sheepishly at me, and then looked up, stars beginning to dot the skies. "Wow, we slept for a long time," he said suddenly.

I shook my head angrily. "Don't change the subject."

He sighed, and then turned to me. "I'm being very serious now. What did you dream about?" he asked.

"Why do you care I dreamt about Spring?" I growled.

His eyes widened with surprise. "You dreamt about spring? Have you ever even seen it?" he asked, awed.

I stared at him awkwardly. "Of course I've seen it. But…wait a minute. Are you talking about the season or…?" she asked.

Snowfire looked confused. "What do you mean? Spring is a season, what else could it be?" he smiled, and then something dawned upon him.

"Lyfture," the name came immediately.

I tilted my head to the side. "Who?"

He gave me a shocked look. "You don't know who Lyfture is? She's the Season Pokemon. Then again, no one has seen her since Jirachi went to sleep again."

I paused for a moment.

"Then, when does anybody see her?" Snowfire stretched. "Well, supposedly whenever Jirachi wakes up, he makes a wish for Lyfture to be revived. She lives until one season before Jirachi's awakening, and dies. Jirachi's wish makes her come back to life," he replied.

My heart was racing. "So, you mean to tell me I met a Legendary Pokemon?! In a dream?!" I cried out.

He smiled again before saying, "Either that, or you've got bees in your brain," he chuckled.

I was about to rebuke when, suddenly, the forest flared and everything was bathed in an eerie green light. All the snow began to melt, sliding off the trees and shrubs in clear ribbons. The chill in the air vanished and was replaced by a warm, pleasant breeze. The leaf-less trees suddenly burst into life, and magically grew healthy, green leaves all at once. I stared, awed by the forests amazing transformation.

But it lasted no more than a heartbeat, for the forest regained its icy composure once more. I stood there, mouth agape.

Snowfire stared at me, with a gaze that said, "What the heck is up with you?" I shook my head, still shocked at what I had just seen. Was that what spring really looked like?

"Hey, Snowfire can I ask you something? Has spring ever come to the forest? Not Lyfture, I mean the actual season. Has it?"

He paused, and then frowned. "No," he said quietly. "Neither the Pokemon nor the season has ever come here. The only season we've ever experienced, is winter. Some believe that spring will come one day, but they're not right in the head," he muttered, shaking his head. I glared at him.

"Those who wait…are waiting for a spring that will never come. A false spring," he sighed quietly. Before I could ask anything else he leaped up into the tree and sat down on a branch, his back to me.

I glared at him even harder. Finally I sighed and settled down, looking up at the lonely moon. It was still full. I looked up higher and saw the red star. It was dull, and could barely be seen.

"I'm sorry sister. I don't think I'll be able to keep our promise. And I don't even know how you'll be able to keep yours. Its over, Sunblaze. I'm sorry…" the words spilled out by themselves, followed by hot, stinging tears.

The star flared multiple times, but I was already slipping into a deep slumber. Don't…give up…my sister's voice tried to convince me not to give up, but I had already admitted defeat. Its…over.

(In the next chapter, you'll find out what that promise was. The next chapter will be put around Friday. Hope you liked it. See ya!)

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Ooh, it's getting sad. :( This is getting to be better than before (despite being awesome already). Well, see ya!

SilverGlaceon

Years
  • :cer_pissed:Grr, how dare you steal my saying, winterfell. ....:classic: Nah, just kidding. Anyway it is getting kinda sad I know. If your wondering how I came up with Lyfture's name, its quiet simple. Lyf sounds like Life, and Ture is the ending part of Nature. :D. Also, each of the three next chapters will have the name of one season in them, like the one thats coming is called "A Summer's Promise". I must be going, as I need to start working on the next chapter. See ya!

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
  • I haven't even finished the first two paragraphs as of yet, and I'm already liking what I'm reading! Good job!!!! ;P

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Disclaimer:I do not own that saying. :cheeky:
    Good idea with Lyfture.

-Fell

SilverGlaceon

Years
  • Hello, SilverGlaceon here! I'm really sorry about the delay but alot of things happened this weekend not to mention while I was trying to finish this. Again, I'm sorry, and I really hope you like this chapter!

Chapter 4: A Summer's Promise

Sister, are you there? …I'm sorry, but how am I supposed to keep that promise? More importantly, how are you going you keep it?! ……You can't even answer that…well its simple why you cant keep it…your dead! And it's all my fault. Hmm? Its you…

Lyfture stalks stiffly up to me, her green eyes no longer warm but glazed and angry.

My sister stands before me as well, her gaze scathing while darkness swirls around us.

Lyfture looks different now, though. Her light green mane is now a dark, rich green like the leaves on her chest, while the flower on either side of her head is a strong scarlet red. The sky blue gems on her body are now a dark, sapphire blue.

"Why…you look different," I stammer. Lyfture simply glares at me.

I cringe away from their disapproving looks. "Can you blame me for not wanting to fulfill our promise?! I tried!! I really did, and still you are mad. You don't believe me? Then that's your problem!" I growl.

Sunblaze snarls before fading away, leaving darkness to float where she had been only moments before.

A cry of pain comes forth from the darkness, followed by shrieks of terror and roars of rage and triumph.

I tremble with horror, wondering what's happening.

Fulfill your promise!! Lyfture roars.

I gasp with shock at her anger. "Why? What will happen if I don't?" I retort.

Lyfture's gaze is filled with fury, and she takes a step forward with a low growl. You have no idea what your promise has brought forth on our world, she growls.

I flatten my ears, wondering how I'll be able to escape from Lyfture's anger. "How can one little promise cause so much?" I ask quietly.

Lyfture narrows her eyes. You wished to do something for this world, and that is what you will do, she cries before fading.

What seemed like invisible solid ground beneath my feet suddenly disappears, and with yowl and plunge into darkness, my legs flailing everywhere in an attempt to stop myself from falling.

But only one thought fills my mind, and I feel quiet stupid thinking about this while I fall through the air.

Why did Lyfture look different? Was that another form?

Lyfture's voice springs up from the depths of the black prison and mutters, Summer.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I gasped, sitting up and scattering snow around me.

Snowfire's eyes shot open, but he clung to branch with navy blue claws like if his life depended on it. "Great Latios! My claws are going to be so sore by end of this week if this keeps up!" he cried out.

I rolled my eyes before looking up at him. "You know, you can always tell me to leave instead of complaining all the time," I reminded him.

Snowfire smirked and jumped down, his landing muffled by the snow. "I know I can, but I wont," he smiled sheepishly at me.

I felt a prickle of alarm as I asked, "Why not?"

"Cause, I want to see how this ends when you're done fulfilling that promise of yours," he replied.

I bowled him over and held him down with one paw placed firmly on his chest. "How did you know my dream was about that? How did you even know about the promise at all?" my voice was tense and hard, but Snowfire didn't seem alarmed.

He calmly looked up at me as he answered, "Bluemoon, you are so tormented by your dreams that you even yell about them in the middle of the night, if you haven't noticed."

I lifted my paw off him and stalked back towards the tree where I buried the Stantler and began to unearth her rotting corpse.

Snowfire followed me curiously, and began to unearth it with me.

Once her body was completely out of the ground I dug my teeth into her flesh and began to rip her body apart.

Snowfire joined me and we quickly finished the Stantler off.

I licked my blood drenched paws as we settled down after the meal.

I looked up and suddenly everything flared green again, only this time the snow melted faster, trailing off the greenery in flash. The trees grew their leaves once more, only they were a darker green than before, and the grass looks richer and livelier than before as well. There were fewer flowers than before, but sprouts here and there had cropped up.

Summer, that's the season that was being shown to me now.

Once again, the winter landscape took over once more.

Summer…like the time when my sister and I made our promise. I was lost in my memories, to busy to notice Snowfire doze off as I remembered the only summer I had ever witnessed in my life…

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Bluemoon, Sunblaze stay inside the den!" our mother called to us.

Summer hung around our den, the forest cloaked in green. Outside, the forest shaded us from the heat of the Sun, but it was still quiet hot.

Sunblaze and me were tumbling around, as we play fighted. We were very young and still Vulpix.

She looked like any normal Vulpix, red fur and dark red paws and tails. The curls on her forehead were dark red too, while her eyes were pale red, brown, the insides of her ears similar but darker, and her underbelly was dusty white.

I was completely different.

My fur was a bright yellow; my paws were a muddy yellow as were the insides of my ears and the color of my eyes. My six tails and the fur on my forehead were pale, yellow orange and my underbelly was a pale yellow.

We growled and barked at each other, happily enjoying our game. I was about to knock Sunblaze over when strong jaws gripped my neck.

I went limp instantly.

Sunblaze looked puzzled. "What are you doing with Bluemoon, mother? We weren't fighting hard."

Our mother motioned with her tails for Sunblaze to follow her back into the den, her eyes fixed on the bushes that surrounded the clearing. She placed me down gently inside the den as something crashed through the bushes.

The flash of brown fur and sharp hiss told us it was some poor Pokemon that was being chased by a hungry Arbok. The huge purple snake hissed again and flashed its white fangs. A shriek arose from somewhere around the entrance of our den.

I shuddered, feeling horror rise up my spine.

The Arbok slithered past the opening of den with a dead Raticate in its jaws.

My mother glared at the Arbok with a look of anger, but I could feel her tremble slightly with fear for us, and for herself.

Thankfully, the Arbok could only scent the Raticate and it left quickly.

My sister and me played inside for the rest of the day. That night we both sat at the entrance and looked up at the sky, or what we could see through the trees branches.

"I feel really bad for that Raticate, sister," I said quietly.

She nodded but looked sorrowful. "But we're killers like that Arbok. Mother brings back plenty of dead Pokemon and animals for us to eat. Soon, we'll be killing creatures just like that Arbok," she growled. She suddenly lifted her head, a gleam in her eye. "How about we make a promise? Right here and now."

"About what?" I asked, puzzled.

"The promise is we'll both do something that will change the world for the better. Promise?"

I tilted my head to the side. "Change the world? Your crazy, Sunblaze. How are we, two normal Pokemon, supposed to change the world?" I asked incredulously.

She sneered at me as she said, "What? Are you scared to even try?"

I growled and bowled her over. "No way. I ain't scared. I promise I'll change the world for the better. You?"

She nodded fiercely.

"Promise."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I smiled as the last few moments of the memory came into view.

Promise…the memory had filled me with aching loneliness. I yearned for my sister's comforting presence to let me know that everything was alright.

I looked up, the red star shining brightly.

If you're willing to listen, then hear me out sister. If you're willing to try, sister, then I will too. I'll try and fulfill our promise. Good luck sister. You'll need it…I thought quietly.

The red star flared again.

Snowfire was up in his tree, gazing over the snowy treetops. I smiled, and the star flared again, no longer dull.

I got up and leapt deeper into the forest to go hunting. I felt revitalized and fresh, and I wasn't about to stop and ask why.

All I knew was that my sister and Lyfture were pleased and I could definitely live with that.

Now if only fulfilling my promise were that easy…

(Hope you liked it, see ya!)

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    The pace of this story's speeding up isn't it? Ah well, got to wait for that update.

SilverGlaceon

Years
  • The pace of this story's speeding up isn't it? Ah well, got to wait for that update.

Is that bad? Cause I could make it slower if you'd like. Anyway, we're starting to get ready for FCAT so I'm probably gonna get swamped with notes and homework, so I'll probably not have that much time to work on my fic but I'll try. I gotta start my homework so see ya!

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Nah, its not always bad. Not unless you get to the climax way early. I was just observing things like I always do.

You have to take an FCAT? Bummer. Where I'm at, the longest test we've ever had was a practice SAT. We had to pay for that, though. Everyone whined about it.

SilverGlaceon

Years
  • Well hey there everyone! Man, I've been away for quiet some time, but I was able to finish the next chapter! I hope everyone likes it despite the fact some of you must be annoyed with me cause I took so long with writing this chapter. On with the fic!

Chapter 5: Defeat and Fall Shadows

The icy winds ripped away at my silver fur as I raced through the forest, the trees blurs of grey and white.

"Swellow! Swell, swellow!" a cry from above caught my attention.

An ocean blue Swellow circled above, crying out its name. Its white underbelly flashed and it flexed red-brown claws. "Go back! Humans are near! Go back!" it screeched.

I stopped dead in my tracks as a wave of fury rose up inside me. Humans? I wonder if those are the same ones who took my sister's life…I'll find out soon enough! And with that thought I burst into a full gallop, ignoring the Swellow's warning to turn back.

"Go back! Only failure awaits you at the humans camp!" it cawed angrily.

I raced on, still ignoring the dumb bird.

The Swellow, enraged, dove at me with Quick Attack, its body flaring with a brilliant white light. "Go back!!" it screeched.

I twisted around to see it coming at me with alarming speed.

Flames rose up my throat and shot out of my sliver muzzle.

The Swellow dove sharply to left, unfortunately not noticing the large spruce in the way and collided with a loud, hollow thud.

I huffed with satisfaction, and whirled around towards the humans' camp. I sniffed the cold air excitedly, ready to avenge my sister's death at all costs. My ears twitched as I heard the loud scuffle of human feet on the snow. I grit my teeth, my anger finally overtaking me.

I released a low, blood-curdling howl. I could feel the air clog with their anxiety and fear, and I allowed myself a small smile of pleasure. I slinked through undergrowth, my eyes flickering in the dim light. Creeping behind a holly bush, I glared out at the humans. The corners of my mouth curled up in smile as I watched them.

There were three humans, all three males although one was smaller than the other two. They all seemed nervous, one holding a burning stick up as if the tiny flame would protect them from me.

I did not fear fire, for it was my element.

I bared my teeth and leaped out, releasing a high-pitched war cry.

The humans jumped, and the stick fell from the human's hand to be smothered by the damp snow when he saw me. The smaller of the two, probably a kid, tossed two red and white orbs in the air.

There was a bright flash and standing before the kid with battle ready stances were a Sceptile and Spheal.

"Spheal, use Ice Beam! Sceptile, use Leaf Blade!" the human screamed.

The Spheal opened its mouth wide and blasted a huge chunk of ice at me while the Sceptile lunged forward, the leaves on its wrists blazed with green energy.

I blasted a Fire Blast attack at the Grass type Sceptile, who, being weak to Fire type moves, was defeated instantly.

I wasn't fast enough to dodge the Ice Beam though, and I was sent flying and landed on the ground with a loud thud. My leg was incased with ice, leaving me unable to move very fast. I got back on my feet unsteadily, and growled ferociously.

Before the Spheal could attack again, my fur began to turn red and my eyes were lost in a sea of angry white as I released an Overheat attack and sent it blasting its way, and also thawed out my frozen leg.

As I calmed down after the powerful attack, I noticed one of the humans with a metal stick that looked very similar to the one that had killed Sunblaze. Something struck me like a strong blow. This was the human that killed Sunblaze! I twisted around to face the human, and emitted a furious roar.

The human froze, the stick pointed at me. There was a loud bang, and something whizzed past my head.

More anger filled me, and I roared again, much louder.

The human began to back away slowly.

I lunged at him, releasing all my fury in that one Fire Blast attack. The human screamed, and there was another bang. Another bullet flew my way, tearing right through my Fire Blast, causing it to burst into flames. As it flew past me, I didn't notice the other adult human that was holding another metal stick.

Another bang.

Agony exploded on the side of my head, and everything spun and flared red. I screeched with pain, staggering and panting as another bang resonated in my ringing ears. I tried to run away but it was no use as pain ripped through my left front leg and I crashed into the ground.

A sharp gasp sounded from the bushes beside me, and I feebly turned my head.

My breath caught in my throat as I saw much too familiar red eyes. I staggered to feet and growled at Snowfire.

The Absol seemed torn, unable to leave me in my wounded state, but also knowing if he didn't leave we would both get killed.

I gave out a hoarse cry. "Run away!" I rasped angrily.

Snowfire stood frozen there, his eyes locked on mine.

Bang!I screamed with rage and pain, and my legs buckled once more. I didn't see anything else. Everything was painted red and another loud bang echoed in my ears.

Something whizzed by my head towards Snowfire, and my eyes closed on their own.

I could hear screams and angry shouts, and one eerie voice that hissed, "Go back! Only failure awaits you at the humans camp!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lyfture stares at me with horror, her gold and scarlet mane on end. The flowers on her head are wilting, and the sapphire blue orbs are now indigo, while the leaves on her chest are now dull brown.

Sunblaze appears and rushes towards me, her eyes wide with concern and fear.

I stare at them, puzzled. Why are they staring at me like that? I look down and my fur rises with sudden realization. The gun, the humans, the bullets, the wounds, the blood, it was all coming back to me.

Sunblaze rubbed her muzzle against mine, and I whimpered with fear, pain, and longing for my sister to be alive. She stared at me, smiling sadly at me as if she knew what I was thinking.

Lyfture leaned forward, her pale neck shining brightly. Her green eyes flared once, and everything around me changed.

Where there had been darkness and endless space, there was now scarlet, and gold trees. A bright azure sky stretched across the black void above our heads, and red, orange, and yellow leaves danced in the wind and around my paws. I stared incredulously at Lyfture and Sunblaze, and they stared happily back.

"Fall," murmured Sunblaze, and Lyfture nodded slowly.

"Why are you showing me this?" I asked slowly.

Lyfture looked shocked I would ask, and before she could answer a spine tingling scream resonated close by. Both looked worried, and began to retreat, their eyes unreadable.

"What's happening?" I asked, panic rising when they didn't answer.

Suddenly they turned and raced away, leaving me whimpering and crying out with fear. "Sunblaze?!" I screamed. "Lyfture?!" Where were they? More screams emitted from the scarlet bushes surrounding me, and I yowled with terror. My heart hammered in my chest, and my breath came in quick, breathless gasps.

A shadow lunged out of a tree and grasped my throat, and I my wail was cut short.

The shadow growled, and I fell quiet.

"Weakling," the shadow sneered.

I was frozen, my mouth dry and my throat on fire.

"You can't even fight for yourself. And you are the going to take on Onus? You will die, and I will have the pleasure of dragging you into the depths of death. I will take pleasure in doing it too," he snarled.

I felt myself shudder with unexpected fear at that name.

"Farewell, weakling. If you know what's good for you, you won't keep you promise and you'll stay away from the DivineClan," he cackled softly.

I gulped loudly as the jaws released me and darkness fell before my eyes.

A soft, dark laugh echoed throughout it.

(Hope everyone liked it, and since FCAT is done I'll have more time to work on my fic! See ya!)

Last edited:
    Back