• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mazils digi-poke-pixels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
OK! howde all!
first things outta the way: merry christmas.
now. i decided to do somthin a leeeetel different. here we have Hasemon! a fakedigimon. made by my amiga, now owned by me. isnt he awesome? :3
i made him in.. pokemon style?
please, dont shoot me!!! xD!!!!!!!!!
hasemondigivolutionpixel.png

look! bunmon digivolves!
i may extend it, ad make them all digivolve.... but i may not... ¬¬ you shall never know... <x<
bunmondigivolve.gif

ok! onto pokemon stuffs! (YAY compromise!)
Trents new trainercard! (D/P style!)
i made the template myself, there is a ot of scratch, but it is also a lot of heavy editing.
but i really REALLY like Trents new winter sprite! isnt he just lame xD!
trentnercard.png

and NEWSTIME!MAZILWOLF.
yay for self-portraits... kinda... ish.. mebbe...
newstimemazil.png

and my own triner sprite (NOT d/P style)
Mazilwolf.png

please PLEASE! c&c, nitpick, and tear apart! ^_^

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
YAY! You finally put these up!

Well as I told you before, the digimon sprites look awesome, as does the evolution animation. It's a shame you haven't done more of them though.

The trainer card looks awesome, but it's them pokeballs at the bottom that bother me, since they're light source is coming from a different direction cause you rotated them.

Trent looks really good too, however, you haven't really captured the D/P style yet., as they have more black outlines than the Advance gen sprites, and I think the light source is different.

The new Mazilwolf art, as cool as it is, looks like it may need a little bit of dithering, cause that solid shading across the body doesn't look all that good.

Keep it up Mazil!

The new trainer sprite is definitely well done, cept that it's left leg looks wider than the right.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
Well as I told you before, the digimon sprites look awesome, as does the evolution animation. It's a shame you haven't done more of them though..
^^ ill try get some done when ive done some of my course work! lol, thanks amigio!
The trainer card looks awesome, but it's them pokeballs at the bottom that bother me, since they're light source is coming from a different direction cause you rotated them..
yeah i keep meaning to change that...but its so trivial is onna those things that you go: ill do that now! then get distracted REALLY easily from.. i will change them eventually though!
Trent looks really good too, however, you haven't really captured the D/P style yet., as they have more black outlines than the Advance gen sprites, and I think the light source is different.
yeah, i agree, but i found the quality of the dp sprites REALLY dissapponting. sure, larger sprites, higher colour count. but quality? and i really couldnt get tabs on exactly WHERE the light source was from :s
an the black outlines totally go against everythin i know! xD it was kinda second nature, but ill try to fix him up a little!
The new Mazilwolf art, as cool as it is, looks like it may need a little bit of dithering, cause that solid shading across the body doesn't look all that good..
ahh! ok! one side order of dithering coming up!
The new trainer sprite is definitely well done, cept that it's left leg looks wider than the right.
xD mebbe one of my legs is that way!!!!!
hahah! my lame excuses are so llama.....
yeah, i see what you mean!
i guess my next update will be changing all those things you pointed out!
thanks for the crits amigo! made me smile!

Goatman56

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
The sprites look nice :D. Your trainer sprite is very well done as are the digimon. Good work!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
took a break from eassaying today~ my onigiri tasted AWESOME <3 honest! what? dont look at me liek that! no-one got food poisoning from my cooking, EVAR! >: (
newstimemazil-1.png

I know i went overbord with dithering.
but its just so fun xD
ill upload a better version when/if i make one! xD teehee, this is the only one i dont really want crits on, as i only did that as a joke lmfao.
trentnercard-1.png

all thinks in consideration, i re-shaded the pokeballs FINALLY! and i added a tad more black outlineson Trent 8)
discowiglytuf.png
dug that one out.. wasd a little bit of fun, NOT defualt paint colours! i toned hem down EVER SO SLIGHTLY! just to prve these fauveist colours can have a place in the prite world, if used ever-so-cheekiliy! X3
and last (but .. kinda least too!)
Mazilwolf-1.png
i fixed the leg a tad! ^^
thanks for your comments Ray and Goatman!
im gunna try keep this thread alive for a while >:E
im keeping the originals in the first post for comparison purposes!

强有力

Powerful
Years
Hey Maz I Love All Of Your Sprites And You Have A Great Talent. You Might Of Gone Over The Top With Dithering But I Think It Looks Really Good And So Do Those FakeDigimon. That Digivolve Is Cool! And I See You Have My BattleCard In Your Sig!!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
of course i have lol!
fancywriting.png

im really pleased how this turned out! the bg is scratch.... but the people are dp trainer edits~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back