• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] My first time trying to draw Dragonite

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 20, 2022
What do you think about this attempt?

Attachments

• IMG_20210222_100531170.jpg
    IMG_20210222_100531170.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Aw that's a great Dragonite! Do you plan on coloring it?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I did color in the orange part but my marker seemed to turn like a red color on the card board but it's not bad

That's alright, I'm sure next time it'll be fine. And if your orange marker dies on you, just make it a shiny Dragonite! :D Do you have plans on drawing any other Pokémon? If so, which ones?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 20, 2022
That's alright, I'm sure next time it'll be fine. And if your orange marker dies on you, just make it a shiny Dragonite! :D Do you have plans on drawing any other Pokémon? If so, which ones?

Well, I don't know, I was just looking around on here and seen a bunch of different drawings other people have done which were amazing. It just kinda inspired me to try and what's better to start off with other than my favorite pokemon?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Well, I don't know, I was just looking around on here and seen a bunch of different drawings other people have done which were amazing. It just kinda inspired me to try and what's better to start off with other than my favorite pokemon?

Very true! And you did great for your first time drawing Dragonite and posting art on PC — so definitely stay motivated and inspired! If you ever want tips or criticisms for your art there's plenty of super talented people to help you along the way should you want it!

Looking forward to seeing what you draw next. :)

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
Years
Get out of here, that can't be your first Dragonite, it's really good! I can't wait to see what you'll draw next!

The thing with markers (or pencils) is to try them on a different piece of the same material before painting your drawing, but that's a very common mistake. I also like to try how they look when applied on top of another marker before painting, to see if I can get an even better color!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 20, 2022
Get out of here, that can't be your first Dragonite, it's really good! I can't wait to see what you'll draw next!

The thing with markers (or pencils) is to try them on a different piece of the same material before painting your drawing, but that's a very common mistake. I also like to try how they look when applied on top of another marker before painting, to see if I can get an even better color!

It took a lot of erasing to be completely honest though and I don't know if u noticed but I left out the claws on the arms because I just couldn't get them right. Haha. but it really is the first time I ever tried drawing pokemon.

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
Years
It took a lot of erasing to be completely honest though and I don't know if u noticed but I left out the claws on the arms because I just couldn't get them right. Haha. but it really is the first time I ever tried drawing pokemon.

No shame in erasing, be proud of your sketch lines! They're the rebars of drawing!

I remember when I started digital art and I was quite embarrassed by how often I'd press Control Z until I realized everybody draws with their fingers on these keys :P

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 20, 2022
No shame in erasing, be proud of your sketch lines! They're the rebars of drawing!

I remember when I started digital art and I was quite embarrassed by how often I'd press Control Z until I realized everybody draws with their fingers on these keys :P

I never really understood sketch lines. I just free handed the whole thing and erased my mistakes and fixed it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ah, Overlord my friend, while talented you are you still have much to learn about art. Sketching something out is fundamental to the final product, and leaving those lines in can demonstrate that you know of other directions, poses, expressions, to take the piece in. Not every completed work needs sketch lines of course, but offering a sketchy work in progress can give you invaluable criticisms! It's a great way to study, learn, and grow as an artist.

Back