• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Rain RMT

Clucknadus

Tornadus Therian Form
Years
  • This is a relatively standard rain team, but it uses some of the newly accessible stuff from B2/W2, and I want to see what you guys think. So, here we go.

Politoed @ Leftovers
    Bold nature
    Ability: Drizzle
    252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SpD
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Ice Beam
    - Encore
    Obviously the rain setter-upper here. Scald is used as a good STAB move with its handy burn rate. Toxic is to wear down foes with its gradually increasing damage. Ice Beam allows Politoed to hit foes that are weak to Ice-type moves, such as the various OU dragons. Last, Encore is used to lock into moves like Stealth Rock or set-up moves, allowing for a switch to a Pokemon who can get a chance to set up.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Careful nature
    Ability: Serene Grace
    252 HP, 252 SpD, 6 Def
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave
    - Iron Head
    - Wish
    The rain weakens Jirachi's weakness to Fire, allowing it to be even tougher to take down. Stealth Rock support is there because... Stealth Rock support. T-Wave + Iron Head provides the classic ParaFlinch combination. Wish is for healing.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
    Timid nature
    Ability: Justified
    252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 HP
    - Hydro Pump
    - Icy Wind
    - Secret Sword
    - Hidden Power Grass
    Keldeo has been a beast for me in rain. I'd been itching to use it once it was released. Specs Hydro Pump in rain decimates anything that doesn't resist it, and many things that do resist it. Icy Wind hits the various Pokemon with 4x Ice weaknesses. Secret Sword is a good alternate STAB for taking out foes like Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, etc. Hidden Power Grass is mainly so I'm not walled by Jellicent, and it also hits Gastrodon, Swampert, and Quagsire hard.

Jolteon @ Life Orb
    Timid nature
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 HP
    - Thunder
    - Volt Switch
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power Ice
    This set doesn't need much explanation, does it? Standard rain abuse with Thunder, Volt Switch for its benefits, and the remaining moves for coverage. Also, Jolteon's blazing speed allows it to counter foes like Starmie that would threaten Keldeo.

Salamence @ Lum Berry
    Jolly nature
    Ability: Moxie
    252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 HP
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Aqua Tail
    - Brick Break
    This is a new set I'm using, taking advantage of two new B2/W2 tutor moves, Outrage and Aqua Tail. Dragon Dance is there for proper set up, which coupled with Moxie, allows Salamence to do a prolonged sweep. Outrage is used for its sheer power, and Lum Berry is there to cure the confusion. Aqua Tail is boosted by the rain, hitting Fire, Ground, and Rock-types hard for insanely powerful super-effective hits in the rain. Brick Break rounds out coverage for Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Tyranitar.

Breloom @ Life Orb
    Jolly nature
    Ability: Technician
    252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 HP
    - Spore
    - Swords Dance
    - Mach Punch
    - Bullet Seed
    The newly-released TechniLoom. Spore puts the opponent to sleep, allowing to set up Swords Dance. Mach Punch is a nice Technician-boosted STAB priority move that hits most Pokemon hard. Bullet Seed is another good Technician-boosted move. The multi-hits, STAB, and Technician boosts make it a very powerful move.

So... what do you guys think? Any constructive criticism is welcome as long as it isn't rude.

Back