• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCenter Mod Team

hyde9318

Mystic Gym Leader
Years
  • Hello, my name is HYDE. i am in need of people to be in my new mod team. let me tell you a little about myself.

I have played the pokemon games since blue version (I actually pre-ordered the game), and i have been amused by the fact that pokemon has brought alot of cultures together. The games themselves are nothing short of genius. I loved Pokemon Blue so much that when i heard that it was being remade, i pre-ordered that too. I got Leaf Green home and i turned it on. I liked the game, but it was exactly the same as the original. I expected alot more new stuff to go along with the old, but it didnt happen. Here is where the team comes in.

I am looking for a team to take pokemon gaming to the next step. The first project will be to take Fire Red version and turn it into the ultimate Blue Version. After that, the projects will be debated by the team members. Each member will have a say in the final results of each mod, not just their part. Here is a list of what i need for the team.

Mappers
    Spriters
    Scripters
    Title Screen Editor
    Music Editors
    Tileset Editors
    (If you have a skill that it not listed and you would like to join, send us a descpition of what you can do along with your application.)

All applications will be reviewed, not just certain ones. Here is the application type we want.

Skills:
    Proof of Work:
    Past Experiences:

For any more information on the Mod Team contact me through this website or visit our homepage (URL is in my sig). Thank you for all of your time.

hyde9318

Mystic Gym Leader
    Years
  • Update- I have been working with a band who will compose some music to be in the mods. If you can put the songs in, they will make it.

pspdude

:o super shinx?
    Years
  • Hey :D im applying for scripting and titlescreen editor i cna only do basic talking,battleing,and item giving scripts tho D:!

Titlescreen proof:
    PokeCenter Mod Team

PokeCenter Mod Team

PokeCenter Mod Team

These were all made rly fast so there bad D:! i can make a better to show you? Pm if your wnat me to and ill pm the titlescreen

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    Skills: Mapping
    Proof of Work: Pic below
    Past Experiences: Mapping for awhile
    PokeCenter Mod Team

Made this mad in a couple min the other day.

hyde9318

Mystic Gym Leader
    Years
  • ok, all of these submissions so far are great. Do NOT worry about not being that good at what you do. I myself am very new to hacking these games. I myself will be working on new sprites and promoting the game.
    I have a couple things i want to put in this post so that you guys are more updated on what is going on.

First, i would like to say "Welcome to the Team" to the following:
    pspdude
    peircesj

lazinicki, you have a good chance at getting in, but i would like to see a pic or two before i make my decision. Send them to [email protected] .

Next thing. I have a storyline idea that has been brewing around in my head and i want your guy's imput since you are now part of the team. ok, here it is...

Team Rocket is up to no good once again when they meet another team who destroys Team rocket with little effort. The hero finds himself in the middle of things. He then finds out that their leader is none other than Cyrus who once tried to use the power of Giratina to create his own universe. Cyrus has returned after a long absence to finish what he started, but this time, he has recruited the power of Deoxys. Our hero being no match for the power of Deoxys, he/she must go on a journey to find the 5 god pokemon and their creator so that they may team up with him to take Cyrus head on.

Here is a list of the God Pokemon so that you know who im talking about:
    Groudon- Ruler of Land
    Kyogre- Ruler of Sea
    Dialga- Ruler of Time
    Palkia- Ruler of Space
    Giratina- Ruler of Dimensions
    Arceus- Creator

If you like this and have any ideas, msg me. I really would like to make this the first big mod for the PokeCenter Mod Team. Also, check out our team website. The URL is in my sig.

pspdude

:o super shinx?
    Years
  • Team Rocket is up to no good once again when they meet another team who destroys Team rocket with little effort. The hero finds himself in the middle of things. He then finds out that their leader is none other than Cyrus who once tried to use the power of Giratina to create his own universe. Cyrus has returned after a long absence to finish what he started, but this time, he has recruited the power of Deoxys. Our hero being no match for the power of Deoxys, he/she must go on a journey to find the 5 god pokemon and their creator so that they may team up with him to take Cyrus head on.
    Expand on it like why is Cyrus destroying Team Rocket and why did he get Deoxys this time.

PS: thanks for letting me join :D and do you want me to make a new titlescreen to show you what i can do?

hyde9318

Mystic Gym Leader
    Years
  • Expand on it like why is Cyrus destroying Team Rocket and why did he get Deoxys this time.

PS: thanks for letting me join :D and do you want me to make a new titlescreen to show you what i can do?

Well, i didnt go into too much detail on this because i didnt want to take up too much room on the message, but i have tons of storyline ideas revolving around that central idea, so if you wan to hear the rest, just send me the questions you would like to know.

As for the titlescreen, that would be pretty cool. Maybe put Arceus as the pokemon and "Pokemon Legends" (as is "the legend of pokemon") for the title. That is one idea, but if you have any others, go right ahead, i would really like everyone's input.

Im am also trying to get together a signature banner for our team right now. if you know anyone who makes them, let me know.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    Hey I'm getting into scripting aswell and I can do givepokemon scripts, talking, and yes - no questions.

ArcticLucario

Pokecenter mod team spritist
    Years
  • Hey!

I'm not a pro but I've got several programs and have already started on a game using leaf green called "Ocean Blue" but recently had to restart the computer because of a virus so most of it was deleted.

I am not good with scripts or the editing of the world map.
    But, I am good with the editing of overhead sprites, I can edit item values, and in search of a sprite editor, because if you take the sprites for blue and recolor them, the game will be more original.
    Also, DO NOT DOWNLOAD PROGRAMS FROM WHACKAHACK.COM THATS HOW I GOT VIRUSES ONCE AND IT SUCKS!!!!!!

please, I would like to help out.
    i have a starter editor, an overworld editor, item editor, trainer editor that edits that trainers sprites, his pokemon and

I can't get the stupid pictures on here!

Anyway Im working to redo it all and Im willing to help out any way I can to get my name in the credits.

email me at [email protected]

Last edited:

hyde9318

Mystic Gym Leader
    Years
  • ok, articLucario, i am interested in seeing what you can do. maybe you can send me some examples of your work or something.

BTW, if you are in the team, you have already been sent a friend request by me or will soon be recieving one. My friend list is reserved for PokeCenter Mod Team Members so that i can keep a list. I will be posting some news on this site via thread, but the full news updates will appear on www.pokecenter.wikidot.com .

ArcticLucario

Years
  • ok!

I sent you an email, ok?

also, i'll see about if we get a sprite artist for the battle sprites, i'll help with that because i've seen a way to make gold and silver sprites look like 3rd gen sprites and 4th gen sprites into 3rd gen sprites.

NOTE TO EVERYONE
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

hyde9318

Mystic Gym Leader
    Years
  • well, articlucario, you are in. i just tried out the mod you sent me. It was good.

Ok, check out our site ( www.pokecenter.wikidot.com ) . It will give you a listing of who is in what position on the team and what areas need filling. Also, we have forums on the site so that we may be able to keep in contact. Invite your friend to the site also so that we can get a community on our site.

I have now posted the news and storyline of the New game idea for our mod team on our site. If you have nay ideas, let me know.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2012
    I'd like to work on the team

I have at least 15 different programs to hack with ranging from maps to overworlds. I can edit Pokemon stats, types, evolution chain, type, attacks learned. I can add tile sets for a-map. Can't do the animations though -_- Proof of work. I have none. Well none that I can post. IM me sometime if you want and I can give you proof of work with the tiles and I can insert pokemon spirtes.

ArcticLucario

Years
  • Hey, I read that storyline for pokemon legends, and having watched the series and played the fire red and gold, giovanni is more of a person to battle first and conceding last.
    Mabey he used mewtwo and lost, then Cyrus took mewtwo along with the deoxys he already had making him harder to beat?

and on your earier post, about tile sets, i cant make custom ones like palm trees and stuff but I can sort of with the colors and stuff, like some of the pieces of wall and floor tile to a light blue and stuff, but not total remakovers

also, rawrvampireninjas sounds good, he might be able to help us, but it is up to you, your the boss.

EDIT:
    ALSO, if we get someone to modify the world map, I can upload map files to each area, I've already started on a bills garden where you can catch low level eevee's, just that I can't edit the world map to have a place to put the garden.

also, if you want, I can make a banner for the group, Do you want an arceus or your avatar symbol?

Last edited:

hyde9318

Mystic Gym Leader
    Years
  • I sorry i was gone for so long. The holidays really made me tired. But now im back and ready to work. So lets get this underway.

I didnt want to get everyone working during the holidays, because if i didnt expect me to work through Christmas, why would i make you guys?
    I read through the recent posts and i have a few comments. one, thank you all for giving your input. two, some new people are on the team.
    rawrvampireninjas, your in.
    Articlucario, Your storyline idea makes alot more sense than my original, but thats good. We need to get everyone's ideas on that so that we may have a great story to draw people in. Also, We do really need some banners. I would like two of them. One that promotes the PokeCenter Mod Team, and another that promotes Legends. I personally can make us a trailer for the game once we start working on it. Trust me, a trailer is a weird way to promote it, but it really works.
    piercej, that game will start whenever you want to get started. You can start working on things right now. The team asa a whole will start working together as soon as we get a decent team, which shouldnt be too long now, we are growing pretty fast.
    Any more questions, let me know.
    Also, check out our site at www.pokecenter.wikidot.com

Articlucario, i completely forgot, im sorry. you asked what pic should be in the banner. Im thinking Arceus. He is an iconic pokemon and will attract alot more attention than my gym badge.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    Awesome dude, I'll go ahead and make the first town. Any specific name you want for it? Or keep it as Pallet Town?

hyde9318

Mystic Gym Leader
    Years
  • Well, since this is 15 years after the events of platinum, that means this is around 30 years after fire red, so some big changes need to happen in kanto. Pallet Town should be a bit bigger. Along with a larger lab for prof. oak. some big things i want to add are a space center in Saffron and a Church in Lavender. I wondered what tiles we would use for the church. I was playing through my platinum game when i realized that the elite four is in a giant church. Maybe, someone can add in that building somehow.

I also want to add something for anyone who is making sprites for us (both in battle and overworld).
    Since everything is later in the pokemon timeline, can someone help update some of the leaders and elite four. Some leaders will be replaced such as blaine because of age, but the young leaders such as misty and brock need to look like they are a bit older. I also need a new sprite for cyrus.

Back