• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: [Document]Tile Animations in Pokémon Emerald

Juan

Brazilian with a bad English
Years
  • Note¹: Document in portuguese.
    Note²: Version 0.1

In recent days I've been analyzing how the animations of some tiles in the Pokémon Emerald (GBA).

This is the first documentation that I do not know if it is the patterns (or if there is one), nor is easier to understand.

I have not explained how to insert new animations, but I think you can get an idea of how to do this.

http://maisumblog.co.cc/AnimacaoTilesetsPokemonEmerald.txt

PS: gif animations mentioned in the document:

Flor:
    flor.gif

Mar:
    mar.gif

Ilha:
    ilha.gif

Cachoeira:
    cachoeira.gif

"Borda da água':
    borda.gif

Note³: Translated by Google Translator

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • A lot of these offsets looks familiar from the days when I, too, was experimenting with tile animations. That makes me feel good because now I know that I was on the right track^^
    This is really helpful. Once I broaden my knowledge of ASM, hopefully I can tackle inserting brand new animations into a tileset, primary or secondary. Thanks for the help :)

Back