• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] New Pokemon Evolutions

BluRose

blu rass
Years
  • Hi,

I'm making a hack of Pokemon Gold called Pokemon Mahogany, and I want Dewgong to evolve into Lapras at level 36. I have a tool called The One GS Evo/Move Editor that allows me to let Seel evolve into Dewgong at level 28, but when I set Dewgong to evolve into Lapras at level 36, when I play the game, at level 36, Dewgong evolves into Lapras, and the game asks if I want to learn Ice Beam; however, in the beginning of the next battle, Lapras's exp. bar is maxed out, and when it knocks out the opposing Pokemon, it continuously gains levels until it is level 255, then resets to 0, gains levels until level 33, asks if I want to learn all the moves it learns after level 36, and then asks if I want to learn all the moves Lapras could learn from level 1 to level either 29, 33, or 35, depending on the algorithm. Is there any way to fix this?

Petuuuhhh
    is changing lapras' exp. rate from slow to medium fast not working?

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    is changing lapras' exp. rate from slow to medium fast not working?

It's not necessarily changing the "levelup speed" as the amount of EXP it takes to max it, the game takes care of the speed automatically based on the EXP. Thoretically you could change the EXP to whatever you wanted.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • It's not necessarily changing the "levelup speed" as the amount of EXP it takes to max it, the game takes care of the speed automatically based on the EXP. Thoretically you could change the EXP to whatever you wanted.
    every pok?mon is divided into an experience group which does in fact decide the amount of exp. it takes to max it
    the "speed" solely references the relative rate of gain
    the experience gained is based on a lookup table and is not decided individually on each pok?mon; each mon is assigned a group to determine its relative exp gain
    these groups are referred to as erratic, fast, medium fast, medium slow, slow, and fluctuating
    sort of like how ivs, evs, and shiny pok?mon (before 4th gen) are/were all communal standards despite not being officially referred to that (nintendo instead just calls each pok?mon individual and ivs are the pok?mon's potential while evs are the mon's base stats)

so yes, you could edit the lookup table to change the max exp to whatever you wanted, but you would be changing it for every pok?mon in the same group

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    every pok?mon is divided into an experience group
    not decided individually on each pok?mon; each mon is assigned a group to determine its relative exp gain
    these groups are referred to as erratic, fast, medium fast, medium slow, slow, and fluctuating

Yes, that is exactly what I was saying. The XP groups are different because they take a different amount of XP to reach level 100 and when you change the category, you aren't changing the speed, you're changing the XP it needs to reach the highest level, which just so happens to have a different levelup speed since the XP requirements are distributed differently for each level. You basically regurgitated what I literally just said (you even quoted it) then tried to correct something which was not incorrect by pretending it was talking about something it wasn't.

Back