• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Working for Pokemon?

Years
  • Quick question, I was wondering if it is possible for Americans to work for the Pokemon company?

If so, How? Where? and how to get started.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Well, there is Nintendo of Japan (NoJ) and Nintendo of America (NoA).Considering that the Pokemon games all get made in Japan and NoA just does stuff like translations and marketing, your best bet would be to travel to Japan. Also, not just anyone can work for Nintendo. You need either great art skills for concept design, graphics, and animation, or extensive programming knowledge so the games actually work.

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    Crosman said:
    Quick question, I was wondering if it is possible for Americans to work for the Pokemon company?
    Of course Americans can work for them especially considering how talent pools dry up easily over in Japan since they hire so many of there own all the time.

As for getting a job, working at a American branch be the best first step then working your way up for more lucrative jobs in Japan though you probably have to learn a little Japanese to get around easier as you have to live there if you worked there.

Alpham-A-Epsilons

~*Bouysel is cool*~
    Years
  • phunboy said:
    Of course Americans can work for them especially considering how talent pools dry up easily over in Japan since they hire so many of there own all the time.

As for getting a job, working at a American branch be the best first step then working your way up for more lucrative jobs in Japan though you probably have to learn a little Japanese to get around easier as you have to live there if you worked there.
    So true.......................

Years
  • aragornbird said:
    ?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦

Also, not just anyone can work for Nintendo. You need either great art skills for concept design, graphics, and animation, or extensive programming knowledge so the games actually work.

?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦

Im going to college in a few monthes to start learning.

Trust me, Im very talented.

Not saying I will ever get a Job for Nintendo but its worth a shot.

princesspikabellechu

Pikachu Princess
    Years
  • Well I do alot of promotinal things for Pokemon cause I have the car and play there characters with my Chu Cru I call them, We do alot of events at tournaments and stuff and helped with Pokemon Rocks America in 2004...
    http://risingsun.net/gallery/pokemonrocks/index.shtml
    Was such a blast, I would love to be part of another tour like the 10th anniversary tour that kicks off in Miami end of Feb, but I cant seem to find the right contact this time around to do so.But in the meantime I do alot of shows and stuff from anime cons to kids events to car shows and stuff...Pokemon USA is based in New York,Its hard to get in though, believe me I tried,and 2 I would have to move to New York, I would be willing to make that move if it was certain though,,, but then again I really dont have the right person to contact..I certainitly have more then enough experience about Pokemon,But Pokemon is not as popular as it was the first 5 years it was here, it really has died down, Marketing of it is not as good as it was, Now Japan its still going on strong and I have friends who live in Japan who are helping me try and land a job there..So I wish you luck too..
    pikakiss.jpg

Last edited:
    Back