• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] (Fire Red) How do I make G3HS and Mr Dollsteak's 1.5a Patch Work?

FSBS

Defunct
Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    Problem: Moves read /x, habitats non-existent, zero types.

I patch my Rom with MrDS' 1.5a patch, open the rom in HxD, replace the BPRE in the line FIREREDBPRE with MrDS (case sensitive), open the rom in G3HS, close it, change the MrDS back to BPRE in HxD.

I have read the documentation included in the G3HS zip.

I have attempted searching this forum for a solution. I have used google. I went to r/PokemonROMhacks and was told I have a bad rom. I then tried this with 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U), 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U) Squirrels, and when I noticed that in the G3HS .ini file that I might need an (E) version I tried with a Pokemon FireRed Version (USA, Europe.)

I have the same problem with every attempt. I have attemped about 30 times.

Edit: I have also tried a Fire Red (E) rom with worse results; I cannot even get the Pokemon to show up. When I get the option to create a new .ini and input the proper number of moves, types, and abilities I get another error, a prompt to input a new .ini in a repeating loop every time I try to submit the new numbers.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I've tried loading the rom in G3HS, patching, opening again, changing the header in HxD, opening the rom, and changing the header again, I've tried patching the rom, changing the header, opening the rom and changing it back, I've tried changing the .ini directly, and I've done this multiple times with 4 different versions of Fire Red and I get the same errors every time.

Edit 2: a link to the errors I'm experiencing: http://imgur.com/a/qnoID

While I'm here, can I use the spaces between Celebi and Treecko in the rom to insert new Pokemon?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Problem: Moves read /x, habitats non-existent, zero types.

I patch my Rom with MrDS' 1.5a patch, open the rom in HxD, replace the BPRE in the line FIREREDBPRE with MrDS (case sensitive), open the rom in G3HS, close it, change the MrDS back to BPRE in HxD.

I have read the documentation included in the G3HS zip.

I have attempted searching this forum for a solution. I have used google. I went to r/PokemonROMhacks and was told I have a bad rom. I then tried this with 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U), 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U) Squirrels, and when I noticed that in the G3HS .ini file that I might need an (E) version I tried with a Pokemon FireRed Version (USA, Europe.)

I have the same problem with every attempt. I have attemped about 30 times.

Edit: I have also tried a Fire Red (E) rom with worse results; I cannot even get the Pokemon to show up. When I get the option to create a new .ini and input the proper number of moves, types, and abilities I get another error, a prompt to input a new .ini in a repeating loop every time I try to submit the new numbers.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I've tried loading the rom in G3HS, patching, opening again, changing the header in HxD, opening the rom, and changing the header again, I've tried patching the rom, changing the header, opening the rom and changing it back, I've tried changing the .ini directly, and I've done this multiple times with 4 different versions of Fire Red and I get the same errors every time.

Edit 2: a link to the errors I'm experiencing: http://imgur.com/a/qnoID

While I'm here, can I use the spaces between Celebi and Treecko in the rom to insert new Pokemon?

1- To fix the the G3HS issue, I use the following changes: Open your rom in HxD, then go to the last 2 bytes (0xFFFFFE) and place bytes like 12 34 (your choice, but the number must be different of all other in your .ini). Go to G3HS .ini and search for [MrDS], replace it with [1234] (your code);
    2- Yes, you can use that spaces to add new Pokémon, but I recommend expanding the Pokémon slots.

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    1- To fix the the G3HS issue, I use the following changes: Open your rom in HxD, then go to the last 2 bytes (0xFFFFFE) and place bytes like 12 34 (your choice, but the number must be different of all other in your .ini). Go to G3HS .ini and search for [MrDS], replace it with [1234] (your code);

Did not work. I replaced FFFFFE with 12 34, changed MrDS in the ini to 1234 and kept getting the same errors. I must be doing something wrong because not many people appear to have this problem.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Did not work. I replaced FFFFFE with 12 34, changed MrDS in the ini to 1234 and kept getting the same errors. I must be doing something wrong because not many people appear to have this problem.

Well, try contacting MrDollSteak, I can't give more help because I never used that base, sorry.

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    Thanks anyways. I tried using my 1636 U and I get the updated moves and fairy type, but the types are all jumbled and are cut off 3 or 4 characters to the right.

Back