• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Digital Network Upgrade

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
  • Hey everyone, updates will be slow over the next 2 weeks or so, but I'll try do what I can.

*Update*:
    The Digital Cannon.
    This is needed to digitise wild pokemon. It works like a pokeball, the lower the enemy HP- the better the chance of digitising the pokemon.

attempttodigitise0tr.png

You will have 3 shots- then you will need to recharge your cannon at a near-by pokemon center.

In the screenshot- its after you select the command (currently the "pokemon" command- in battle)- a little animation of the targeting will happen and the menu will pop up.
    You can ofcourse select either: Fire or Cancel.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Hey everyone, just taught I'd let you all know.
    Digital Network will be on hold for awhile.
    I have little or no time to work on the game at this point in time, so I had no other option.

Work will hopefully resume soon. Fingers crossed it will be sooner rather then later.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hope you get whatever's needed done, and find the time. Good luck.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Hey everyone.
    The game will resume back as normal tomorrow (monday the 14th of November). I'll hopefully have a big update to show you that will be a main feature of the game.
    But as I was seching for screens to post, I decided to take these two. My most recent ones.
    The first screenshot is showing the bag system (accessed from the main menu).
    showingearlybag0ff.png

The second screenshot is showing the Data Card menu (where you can access data/ fusion cards to increase/alter your stats/pokemon. This menu is accessed from chosing the "Card" option in battle.

datacardmenustrength4po.png

Illusion

RMXP game maker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    Nice sreens, BTW does the reflection system "jump" when you move?I tried making one in rm2k3 and it kept on "jumping" when you move.
    Illusion

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Screens look great. I'm looking forward to seeing them in-game. XD

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Here is the big update that I promised I would post.
    Well the first thing I will post is the "Key Feature" I was talking about.
    It is the Stat Altering system.
    Basically this is another twist to the battle system.

When you level up, you gain Stat Points (or SP for short). This stat points can then be used tp upgrade the 3 basic stats: Strength- Speed - Defence.
    So unlike in the real pokemon games, you will be able to completely focus on working on one stat.

For an example: Speed effects your hit rate and your dodge rate. If you want to never miss and have a bteer chance of dodging, well increase your speed.
    If you want to be as strong as a nuke bomb- well just raise your strength.
    If you want to be as tough as a tank- raise your defence.
    Or raise your stats so that they are all pretty equal.....
    When it comes to your Umbreon, the choice of which stats to raise and how to train your Umbreon is up to you.

Here are 2 screens showing the Stat Altering menu- which can be accessed from the main menu.

statalteringmenu13ww.png

statalteringmenu26wl.png

I've also worked on more re-vampings of Kanto to suit the time period/ games feel.
    Here are 2 screenshots from Petwer City.

pewtercity19hl.png

pewtercity21mq.png

And fainlly, I've started coding the intro for the game.
    At the start, your character will have to go through training to become a member of the P.D.U (see first post). It is here you will learn the basics of the game.

pdutrainingcourse14qt.png

Well thats it. I would love to hear your comments.

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
    Years
  • Ah, I love Remy's police station since the old screenies at CCf.

Good job on the game so far, dude.

Years
  • cool work ...

This is so cool too see my tiles look so good in a game ... ...You make me so proud because it is going so well and getter so far thats so cool ....

And the way you have used my tiles in such a great combination ....

I love it keep the good work up ...

I love the dawn/night function ... my tiles look so good at any time during the day .. ...

I can't wait too see more ...

AWESOME work Neo-Dragon...

shadowmastermarcus

Shadow Lord =P
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2007
    Ultra mega super hyper absolutely positivley COOL!
    Your CBS SEEMS hard, but when u look at ur scripts its , like, EASy!

Back