• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke Special Manga: DP

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 46: VS. Lucario II!
dpmfa448.png

After taking a day off to spend time with his Pokemon, Diamond boarded the ship to Iron Island. The bridge in the center of town lifted up, allowing the large boat to drift to the North and deep into the sea.

Diamond sat in his dorm on his bed, semi-praying as he rested his face in his two palms. Part of him was wishing that his father was there and another part of him was hoping that he would get an explanation for his father's absences. Standing up now, Diamond walked over to the window and stared out of it, thinking about what Dawn and Pearl were up to.

"Kano, Lava Plume!" Pearl shouted.

Inside the Canalave City Gym, Pearl was battling Byron. He was in town not only for the Gym Battle, but he was also invited to the Pokemon National Conference, as an associate of Professor Rowan, along with Dawn.

Pearl's newly evolved Magmortar, Kano, was currently having a major upper hand against Byron's Bastiodon. Kano lifted his arm and shot a molten meteor at Bastiodon's face and knocked it out upon impact. Byron immediately returned his prized Pokemon and handed Pearl his badge.

"Good work, kid. Now, I've got to get to the library." Byron said quickly heading for the exit.

"Me too! I'm going to be part of an important national conference meeting or something. I'm with Professor Elm! All the Gym Leaders are going to be there? Sweet! I get to check out Gardenia!" Pearl rubbed his palms together, licking his lips.

"Unfortunately, kid, she's too old for you. Besides, she's dating my son." Byron snarled at Pearl as the blonde boy immediately closed his mouth and followed the Gym Leader out the door.

Meanwhile at the Canalave Library...

Dawn was sitting at the long table upstairs in the library. She was conveniently positioned next to the Professor. Her eyes began to wander to each individual, looking for Pearl or even Diamond. Dawn's eyes then glanced at Rowan, "Professor, should I contact Pearl to see if he is coming? And what about Diamond?"

Rowan stroked his chin, "Pearl is on his way, I have just been informed by Byron. He just completed his sixth Gym. As for Diamond, he contacted me earlier this morning. He explained to me that he has an issue to take care of and it should not take any longer than a couple of hours."

"He's showing up?" Dawn asked, a bit of perkiness in her voice.

"Possibly. Do not get your hopes up." Rowan looked down at her, smiling a bit.

Dawn smiled to herself as she looked down at the part of the table in front of her. Diamond was finally considering helping them out. She was extremely bliss now. They needed all the help that they could get if they were going to defeat the evil organizations that rot in Sinnoh.

After a short 45 minute trip to Iron Island, Diamond, along with the other passengers, unboarded the ship and slowly walked onto the land. Iron Island was not that big of an island, however, the caves were everlasting and a person could easily get lost.

Diamond jammed his fists into his pockets as he overheard the tour guide speak, "We are about to explore the inside of Iron Island. Be careful as there are wild Pokemon, however, they are harmless... most of the time. We advise you not to leave from the pack nor escapade into the abandoned caves. Alright, let's move."

The group of about thirty tourists moved into the caves with Diamond trailing right behind them. He didn't want to stay to close because he knew that the tour guide would most likely see him. If he hung back abit, he would be able to go into the abandoned caves where he knew his father would be.

"And if you look to your left and right, you will notice that these caves are conveniently lit with torches. These flames are provided by Ponyta and Rapidash native to Sinnoh! Now, we will venture deeper into the caves where the precious iron lay!"

Diamond continued to slow his pace as the tour group disappeared from sight. He grabbed one of the torches off the wall and made a detour into an abandoned cave. Though it was marked off with chains, Diamond pressed on. Feeling the need for protection, he released Pilot, knowing that the Yanma could spot any sudden movements around him in the darkness.

"Come on," Diamond whispered, "where the hell are you, dad?"

After several minutes of exploration. Diamond grew tired and almost worn out. He had climbed so many hills, walls, and other formations, that it had worn him out. He sat on the ground and wiped his sweaty forehead as Pilot rested beside him.

He placed his hand on Pilot's head, "Pilot, we've got to keep looking."

"Hm, we're not taking a break are we?" said a voice from the right side of Diamond.

Diamond instantly hopped up and was on guard. From the shadows, came the body of his father. A smile was on Riley's face as he gazed at his son.

"My, have you grown, son." Riley smiled. He was dressed in his casual blue suit with a black dress shirt and blue tie. On his head was a blue hat.

"Father. Why? Why did you leave Mom and I? Do you know how long we've been wanting you to come home? Ever since you left out the door, that's how long! Years! Years!" Diamond shouted, clenching his fists.

"Heh," Riley smiled, taking out a key chain containing four Pokeballs, "Son, I'm afraid if you want answers from me, we'll have to settle it like men. Well, no let me rephrase that." He stepped back a bit as one of the Pokeballs enlarged, "Like opponents, rather. You see, you've grown before my very eyes and now is the time that you unleash your potential rather than leaving it bottled up inside. I've taught you long enough. I think it's time to see if the pupil has surpassed the master. And if you haven't surpassed me at this age, I can guarantee you will not defeat your greatest enemy. It is just that simple, Diamond. Now, are you prepared to battle me? Or are you going to break down in cry like the boy I knew years ago?"

Diamond gulped as Riley uttered that last question. Sure enough, Diamond was once a cry baby. But he was beyond that now. He was maturing into a fine young man. And like his father said, in order to find out if he had truly progressed as a trainer, he would have to defeat his father, "Agreed, father. I challenge you."

"I accept. However, there will be no switching out. We must trust the strength of our current Pokemon." Riley smirked as he popped the Pokeball off the chain and tossed it forward, "Tangrowth, unleash!"

The Pokeball burst open, releasing the caveman-looking, Grass-type Pokemon. Diamond looked up at Pilot and nodded as the Yanma flew forward and face Tangrowth.

It was now time for the pupil to face the master.

-----

"Wing Attack!" Diamond shouted

"Slam!" Riley countered.

Pilot fluttered his wings quickly before zipping towards Tangrowth at an amazing velocity. Immediately, the Yanma twisted its body avoiding Tangrowth, before whipping around and smacking the back of the Grass-type Pokemon with its right wing. Tangrowth roared out in pain, but retaliated by smacking Pilot across the face with its left hand. Flying back now, Pilot instinctively used Hypnosis in the knick of time, putting Tangrowth to sleep.

"Oh!" Riley smiled, "I see your Pokemon can use attacks on their own as well. And you trust them enough to make their own decisions?"

"Duh," Diamond said bluntly, "Then again, you can't trust everybody can you?" He glared at his father, "Pilot, Air Slash!"

Pilot back flipped in the air before gliding towards Tangrowth again. As he flew, Pilot sent a sharp waved of air in the sleeping Tangrowth's direction, slashing it across the body several times before knocking it out. Diamond had successfully beaten Riley's first Pokemon with relative ease.

Riley applauded him, "Good show. That Yanma is a tough little guy. But, let's see if it can handle a tank!" He popped the second Pokeball off the key chain and out came a giant Probopass.

The Rock/Steel-type Pokemon stomped onto the ground and remained solid there as it slowly opened its determined eyes. Pilot was unmoved as it awaited a command.

However, Riley was quick to the call, "Lock-On!"

"Pilot, Hypnosis!"

Pilot sent another hypnotic wave at Probopass, however it was unsuccessful at putting the Compass Pokemon to sleep. Meanwhile, Probopass's eyes were locked onto Pilot's body. Diamond was prepared to make another command, but, again, Riley beat him to the punch.

"And fire a Zap Cannon at the pest!"

Diamond grinned, "Hah! Do you know how hard it is to accurately fire a--" Then, he just realized that his father had called out a Lock-On attack earlier, "Oh hell."

A large sphere of voltage emerged in front of Probopass's nose. It inhaled deeply and then exhaled violently as the Zap Cannon fire towards Pilot. The Yanma had no means of escape and was shocked severely. Sparks flew everywhere, causing Diamond to cover his eyes and protect himself. When he uncovered his eyes, he layed his orbs upon a petrified Pilot. Quickly, he returned his Yanma.

"Hm, well that was a sweep." Riley folded his arms, "Let's go kid."

"Hm, with those electrical attacks, I think it's best if I used Dexter." Diamond thought to himself as he released the tiny Pachirisu.

Riley nodded, "Excellent decision."

"You're not laughing. Why?" Diamond asked, curiously. Normally, trainers would laugh at the site of Dex. True, the Pachirisu was strong. However, up against a Probopass would be qualified as a questionable decision.

"Because, you never underestimate the power of your opponents. Big things certainly come in small packages. Now, back to the battle. Probopass! Rock Slide!"

As Probopass groaned, several rocks began falling from the ceiling. Dex quickly began to bob and weave through the raining pattern of rocks, but was hit every-so-often. Finally, Diamond was ready to counter.

"Sweet Kiss!" Diamond said, almost in a bit of a murmur.

Dex continued to dodge several falling stalagmites and gently kissed Probopass on the cheek. The Compass Pokemon immediately began to catch confusion, causing even more rocks to fall to the ground. Happy, Dex began to cheer for himself, accomplishing the move. However, the celebration was cut short when a giant boulder landed on top of Dex, dangerously hurting the Pachirisu. Diamond quickly recalled Dex and cursed at himself.

"Looks like I'm in the lead, son. Who's next?" Riley smirked as Probopass ceased the Rock Slide.

Diamond removed the third Pokeball from his pocket and lobbed it forward, unleashing Rose, his Skuntank.

Shaking his head, Diamond said, "It isn't over. Rose, maneuver into Flamethrower!"

"Stone Edge!"

Rose leaped up into the air and forcefully used Flamethrower down onto Probopass's head. Wincing, Probopass sharpened its nose but was unable to locate Rose due to being pounded by the Flamethrower.

Diamond pumped his fist, "Alright Rose, Smokescreen into Flamethrower!"

Coming from her buttocks, Rose released a rancid Smokescreen onto the area. All the while, she kept up the Flamethrower assault for another few seconds before collapsing to the ground on all fours. She panted heavily but was no where near tired. The top of Probopass's head was partially burnt now.

Riley winced and said, "That's a nasty Flamethrower your Skuntank's got there. Hm....I think we'll..."

"Quick!" Diamond shouted, knowing that Riley was about to tell Probopass to use Rest, "Flamethrower!"

Rose sprinted forward, firing another beam of flames at Probopass's nose now, weakening the Stone Edge. Eventually, Probopass toppled over on its back and was unable to sit up successfully. Riley slowly returned Probopass and nodded at Diamond.

"Heh, you got me. Okay, okay. Gastrodon, unleash!"

Riley's third Pokemon, Gastrodon, came into play now. It was of the western Sinnoh species, likewise.

Diamond smirked and said, "Heh...If you think you're going to beat me with an Earthquake, you've got another thing coming."

"We'll see," Riley nodded, "Mud Bomb!"

Gastrodon summoned up a pile of mud from its guts and hurled it from its mouth and into Rose's direction. The bomb hit dead on Rose's face, sending the Skuntank into the dirt. The Mud Bomb assault continued on for quite sometime, leaving Rose immobile because of the stickiness of the mud.

Diamond clenched his fist, "Rose, use Night Slash to get out of the mud. Then use it back on Gastrodon!"

Rose's claws came out of fur and immediately pierced through the now hardening mud. Now more nimble, she dashed towards Gastrodon and slashed at the Seas Slug Pokemon's slimy exterior. The slashes created a few cuts and bruised, causing Gastrodon to stumble and slide back a bit.

"Finish it! Crunch!" Diamond commanded.

With a rabid look in her eye, Rose snarled and viciously bit Gastrodon's sides, brutally owning the Pokemon until it was defeated.

And as Riley returned Gastrodon, Diamond noticed that Rose was equally low on health after being assaulted by the Mud Bombs. Rose looked back to Diamond and nodded. Diamond nodded back, "Understood."

Riley smiled and said, "Well, you've got me down to my last two. Let the real battling begin, I suppose." He took out his final Pokeball on his key chain and tossed it forward, releasing his starter Pokemon, Infernape.

Diamond acknowledged Infernape and then looked to Rose, "Explode!"

"What?" Riley said quickly.

Rose turned her body around as she pointed her buttocks in Infernape's directions. In a matter of seconds an explosion of toxic gases filled the air, damaging Infernape's health. Diamond and Riley each stepped back a few feet to avoid the aftermath of the explosion. Afterwards, Rose fell to the ground, unconscious.

"Thanks, Rose." Diamond nodded before releasing Trident, his Empoleon.

Trident stared down Infernape as Riley said, "Hm, interesting starter selection. You just so happened to pick the Pokemon that Infernape is weak against. But you forget that Fighting-type Pokemon are strong against Steel-type Pokemon, so this should be an evenly matched battle."

Diamond nodded, "True. But I did not pick Trident because of a type weakness. I picked him because I liked him. We had instant chemistry."

"I see," Riley nodded, "well, let's see if that chemistry leads you to victory. Close Combat!"

"Drill Peck!"

Infernape ran at Trident, punching its fists and kicking its feet at the Empoleon. In return, Trident began pecking its large beak at Infernape's body. For ages, it seemed, Infernape continued to punch its hairy fists and kick its human-like feet at Trident, but the Empoleon, in return, continued pecking at it.

Diamond watched, somewhat in awe at the beauty of the two Pokemon in intense battle. This is what Diamond had dreamed of: battling his father and actually putting up a decent fight. He had the confidence and slight arrogance that he could beat his father. It was just only a matter of time and patience.

"Aqua Jet!" Diamond shouted once Trident stepped away from Infernape.

"Flare Blitz!" Riley thrusted his hand forward, ordering a counter attack.

Trident opened his beak, releasing water vapor which shrouded his entire body in an aquatic sphere. A few feet away, Infernape pumped both of its fists and wailed to the heavens as the Monkey Pokemon's entire body was engulfed in red-orange flames. The two Pokemon dashed at one another before ricocheting off each other, giving off a slight steam as the flames and water came in contact with one another. The two Pokemon seemed to be evenly matched.

"You've trained your Empoleon well, son. I'm proud of you." Riley nodded, "But I must end this now. Blaze Kick!"

"Not so fast!" Diamond smirked, "Brine!"

Trident's Aqua Jet attack was now focused mainly in its metallic grasp. The Empoleon was able to summon up enough hydrogen, oxygen, and sodium together to form a sphere of Brine water. Infernape stared on in disbelief before realizing what was bound to happen. Trident smirked and shoved the attack in Infernape's direction.

The Brine attack fired at Infernape, producing a long beam of streaming water. The liquid gushed straight at Infernape's chest, ramming it into the wall where it continued to be punished by the raging waters produced by Trident's Brine attack.

Sensing defeat, Riley quickly recalled Infernape and said, "I'm down to my last Pokemon. I'm sure you know who it is, so I shall waste no time in my introduction." He stared at the ground.

Diamond nodded and muttered something under his breath while looking forward at Trident. Of course, the Empoleon was tired, but it had enough energy to possibly weaken Riley's next and final Pokemon. The question was: Would Trident be quick enough to land an attack on Riley's final Pokemon?

"Rise!" Riley shouted as the ground below them began to shake in an unstable fashion.

Bits of rock layer shot into the layer as an unidentified figure sprouted from the ground. Eventually, the figure landed after being airborne for about ten seconds and revealed itself. Now, the Pokemon was recognizable as Riley's first Pokemon, Lucario, once a babysitter of Diamond's.

Diamond chewed on his bottom lip before relaxing it, "Lu-Lucario." He gulped before clenching his fists, "Trident, we can take him."

"Sure," Riley said sarcastically, "keep believing that and it will be your downfall. You know it would take your entire lineup of Pokemon to even lay a scratch on my Lucario. What makes you think a half healthy Empoleon and your last remaining Pokemon have a chance against Lucario?"

Diamond furrowed his brows, "Because, we have trained hard since the day I set out. I have done my best as a trainer and will continue to do my best to bring the best out of my Pokemon. Enough of the talk, let's finish this! Brine!"

"Aura Sphere!"

Each Pokemon cupped its hands together. Trident was producing another aquatic sphere as Lucario produced a sphere of aura energy. Finally, they each shot off their attack in unison. When the attacks met one another, the impact caused a slight explosion in the cave, causing rumbling. The ground below the battlefield collapsed sending Diamond, Riley, Trident, and Lucario falling onto a lower floor.

(Next: Chapter 47: VS. Lucario III)

BigfootTheUnbeatable

Phillies World Champions 2008!
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2009
Wow. I just read all 46 chapters! I must first say this is a very engrossing story and your dedication is great too!

May I first comment on your writing style. I must say, as soon a you made the switch to longer chapters the story definitely benefited. The one thing that irks me thought is your constant cnfusing of names. I can't count how many times you accidentaly slipped up on that. However, being a Pokemon Special fan myself (I also dislike the D/P saga), I noticed that your writing style mirrors the pacing of the manga almost exactly. Kudos to you on that one.

In fact, the whole story gives off the sense of the manga. Even the Sam running away thing, which seemed to me like a bit of a steal from Ruby and his Mimi but whatever. Anyways, I love the characters! Diamond is your typical moody, get it done now type of guy. He kind of reminds me of Green. One thing about Diamond is that I love his team! I love how you portray their special skills and personality. (Pilot FTW!)

The other characters, Pearl and Dawn, remind me of Gold and Blue respectively. Pearl is the kind of happy go lucky type of rival that you normally don't see. Dawn is cunning and intresting which I like a lot. On the topic of past characters, I love that you added the Johto Dex Holders and NTR! They rock! I wish we could see more of them but it appears they have business in Sunyshore so we probably won't see them for a while.

I'll comment on more later, I'm too lazy right now. Here's being exicited for Vs. Lucario III though!

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Wow. I just read all 46 chapters! I must first say this is a very engrossing story and your dedication is great too!

May I first comment on your writing style. I must say, as soon a you made the switch to longer chapters the story definitely benefited. The one thing that irks me thought is your constant cnfusing of names. I can't count how many times you accidentaly slipped up on that. However, being a Pokemon Special fan myself (I also dislike the D/P saga), I noticed that your writing style mirrors the pacing of the manga almost exactly. Kudos to you on that one.

In fact, the whole story gives off the sense of the manga. Even the Sam running away thing, which seemed to me like a bit of a steal from Ruby and his Mimi but whatever. Anyways, I love the characters! Diamond is your typical moody, get it done now type of guy. He kind of reminds me of Green. One thing about Diamond is that I love his team! I love how you portray their special skills and personality. (Pilot FTW!)

The other characters, Pearl and Dawn, remind me of Gold and Blue respectively. Pearl is the kind of happy go lucky type of rival that you normally don't see. Dawn is cunning and intresting which I like a lot. On the topic of past characters, I love that you added the Johto Dex Holders and NTR! They rock! I wish we could see more of them but it appears they have business in Sunyshore so we probably won't see them for a while.

I'll comment on more later, I'm too lazy right now. Here's being exicited for Vs. Lucario III though!

Wow, thanks for that review!! It's rare that I get a person who's read the entire thing through! I have a couple of them still hanging on! Yes, I did mess up sometimes and didn't catch the names. Also, yeah I kinda stole that Sam situation from RSE saga, but I felt that it would help the plot xD. It's all good though, we find inspire everywhere, right?

I cannot express how happy I am that you took the time out and commented my fic! I hope you will remain an avid reader! And, yes, I will be posting Lucario III very soon everyone!

~"The" TK

("The" is in quotations, thanks to Lash-ter.)

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 47: VS. Lucario III!
dpmfa448.png

Rain began to pour over the city of Canalave as Byron led Pearl into the library. They quickly dried off and headed to the elevator, going up to the peak of the library. As they exited off the elevator, Pearl followed Byron to a room at the end of the hall.

Byron stop in front of the door and turned to face Pearl, "Okay now, kid. This meeting is very important. And I know Rowan has permitted you entrance into this meeting, you're still an adolescent. It's best if you let the League Officials do all the talking. If you play your cards right, you could be in the same position as us, ya hear?"

Pearl nodded as Byron opened the door for the blonde-haired fellow.

Almost everyone was there! Roark, Gardenia, Maylene, Rowan, Dawn, and Cynthia were some of the few. Among the others were three people sitting beside Cynthia, across from the Gym Leaders, Rowan and Dawn.

The first one was a skinny, tall man. He had lime green hair with a noticeable cowlick standing up at the top of his head. He wore a black, sleeveless shirt with a giant, orange "X" in the middle of the shirt. He also sported orange pants with a white belt and white shoes. By the expression on his face, he appeared to be the arrogant type.

The second person was a short old, lady who had gained weight over her years. She wrinkled skin and bottom-of-neck-length gray hair. Securing her neck was a thick, brown scarf. Apparently, the room must have been cold to her, because she was wearing a thick white coat over her black and red dress.

The final person was a sophisticated looking man with long, lavender hair. A pair of lavender-tinted glasses covered his eyes as he sat there legs crossed and arms folded. He wore a stylish, crimson suit with a black dress shirt underneath. In the breast pocket was white handkerchief.

Byron and Pearl sat down across from the important looking people, and the other league officials, as the meeting was set to begin.

Cynthia stood as she nodded at everyone, "Good evening, everyone. I now call this meeting of the Pokemon Sinnoh National Conference into order." She looked to her left and right at the three people, "Some of you may know these people. Three of the Sinnoh's Elite Four: Aaron, Bertha, and Lucian."

Aaron, the man with the cowlick hairdo, waved nonchalantly. Bertha, the old woman, smiled respectfully. Lucian, the sophisticated fellow, simply waved his hand in a royal fashion.

"I understand that this meeting has been called by the Canalave Gym Leader, Byron." Cynthia noted, looking over at Byron.

Roark looked down the table at his father to see what he had to say.

Roark stood as Cynthia sat, "Yes, Cynthia. Thank you." He walked over to the end of the table to make sure everyone was able to see him, "Fellow National Conference leaders," he started, "I bring forth a growing... virus, if you will, that has been spreading across the Sinnoh region. Team Galactic, as you all should know, is supposedly an organization of former Hoenn astronauts who came over to Sinnoh to create their own space facility. In time, the leader of Team Galactic, a man by the name of Cyrus, learned of our native Legendary Pokemon's strengths and decided to go beyond his space project. I've learned from sources that he plans to build his own Galaxy using the powers of the Lake Trio: Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf; as well as the powers of the spacial Pokemon, Palkia."

Roark, Gardenia, Maylene, Pearl, and Dawn sat quietly as the elder people continued to speak.

Rowan nodded at Byron, "Yes, that has come to my knowledge as well, Byron. Which is why I sent out three trainers to learn more of these occurrences."

Lucian cleared his throat, indicating he wanted to speak. He sat up straight and opened his eyes slowly, "Even if all this is true, we do not have enough strength to stop the powers of a Legendary Pokemon under the control of an evil organization."

"Which is why," Cynthia interrupted him, "we need to save these Pokemon before Team Galactic gets a hold of them. We should start with the Lake Trio." She looked yonder down the table.

Another notable guest among the National Conference was Cynthia's grandmother, Elder Maryland.

Elder Maryland nodded at Cynthia and spoke up, "I recommend that we send out three trainers to go to a lake. There, they could possibly capture the respective Pokemon of that lake before Team Galactic has a chance in doing so."

Aaron snickered and rested his elbows on the table, "Well then, how about sending out Lucian, Bertha, and myself to the lakes? We could get'er done quickly!"

Bertha pinched Aaron's arm, causing the young man to wince and groan a bit, "Keep quiet, boy. You've just been admitted to the Elite 4, don't push it."

Elder Maryland shook her head, "No, we need you Elite 4 members elsewhere." She looked over to the other side of the table, where the Gym Leaders, Rowan, Pearl, and Dawn were.

"Hmm," Maylene started, "Roark, Gardenia, and I could go. We might be able to catch those Pokemon."

Gardenia beamed happily, "Oh my gosh! I totally call the pink Pokemon of the Lake Trio. It's so cute! I just--"

"No," Elder Maryland stopped the Eterna native in her tracks, "I believe we oughta send Rowan's kids to each lake. Pearl, Dawn, and Diamond."

Aaron groaned and plopped back into his chair, "Are you kidding me, old lady? Those kids are too young and too inexperienced. The Pokemon will practically murder them in nothing flat. How many badges do you have, kid?"

Pearl pointed at himself, "Me?"

"Yeah, you!"

"Six." Pearl said proudly.

"Exactly," Aaron looked to Elder Maryland, "He hasn't even been to Snowpoint City yet!"

"Well," Elder Maryland retorted, "why not send him there now and give him a chance. Pearl, you can go to Lake Acuity, since your team is stronger than Diamond's or Dawn's. Dawn, you go to Lake Verity since it's closer to Professor Rowan's lab. Diamond, you--"

She looked around the room for Diamond.

"Where's Diamond?" she asked quietly.

Lucian chuckled, "It seems one of your lad's is missing, Rowan."

Rowan nodded and said, "It appears that way."

Byron smirked and said, "He'll be here shortly, trust me."

"Well, where is he, Byron?" Cynthia stated quickly, "He's on assignment to be sent to Lake Valor."

"He's... training on Iron Island. And that is all I am going to say."

Rowan nodded, "I accept that. Diamond is always looking to further himself as a Pokemon Trainer. Dawn, Pearl. Go wait at the port for him to return. When he arrives back lead him here. We have to discuss more things and I wish to leave you two out of it, okay?"

Dawn and Pearl stood up, not challenging their mentor's wishes.

-----

A few minutes later at the port...

Dawn sat down on the port with Pearl next to her. She sighed and said, "Why would Diamond go training on Iron Island? There's absolutely nothing to do there, just Geodudes and Gravelers everywhere. His Pokemon are way stronger than those Pokemon."

"Well," Pearl shrugged, "that's Diamond for you. He'll do anything to get better. Of course, he's not better than me. I mean, you heard it from Elder Maryland I am 'the strongest of the three'."

Dawn rolled her eyes and rested her hands on her lap, "Whatever you say, Pearl." She sighed, "I wonder what Diamond is doing. I wish he would hurry up, though. I want to know more about what's going on."

-----

"Ah, man. What happened?" Diamond stood up, rubbing his head. That fall really took a lot out of him. Trident was standing there in front of him, making sure his trainer was alright. Diamond looked around for his father and Lucario. However, they were no where to be seen, "Ugh, don't tell me he left me."

Trident stood on guard, looking around, "Empo..Empoleon!"

"Huh," Diamond faced him, "What is it!?"

Trident ran into a nearby tunnel before stopping. Diamond was close behind him.

"What is it?"

Riley stood there, smiling. He too was hurt by the fall, but he would be okay. He held his right arm and breathed heavily, "Some fall, eh, son?"

Lucario stood next to Riley, holding him up. Of course, the nimble Pokemon was able to land successfully on its agile feet.

"Yeah," Diamond said worriedly, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Riley quickly answered, "Let's finish the battle."

"Right," Diamond exhaled, "Trident!"

"Lucario, Extremespeed!"

Lucario smirked and quickly began running around Trident in a zigzagging motion. The Empoleon stood guard, covering its chest with its steel wings. However, Trident was unable to successfully track Lucario due to fatigue. Eventually, Trident became confused and shot a Hydro Pump in Diamond's direction.

Diamond dove out of the way his cap falling off his head and into Riley's direction. Riley caught the hat and said, "Show me what you got, kid!"

Diamond did not mind his father having his beret, for it was he who gave it to him. Instead, he looked to Trident, "Oh man, he's confused."

The Hydro Pump assault continued in Riley's direction now. Riley was able to slide to the side as the torrent rushed down the tunnel.

"Now, Lucario," Riley grinned, "Bone Rush!"

Lucario dug into the ground upon hearing the command. Immediately, it picked out bone marrow from underground and charged at the confused Empoleon. Instantly, Lucario began beating Trident's body frame with the bone. Trident, caught off guard, collapsed to the ground and proceeded to get beat down with the bone until Diamond could watch no further.

"Trident, return!" Diamond said, firing the red ray from his Pokeball and recalling his starter back to its Pokeball. He reached into his pocket for his last Pokeball.

"Before you call out your last Pokemon, Diamond. There's something you should know." Riley said as Lucario returned to his side.

"What?"

"I trained Samurai for one day. He wanted so badly to become stronger. I could tell from his Aura. Samurai seemed to be somewhat disappointed in his special abilities, so I decided to help him out with his physical abilities. Lucario was his mentor." Riley smiled.

Lucario nodded quietly before standing ready for battle.

"In a way, Lucario represents me and Samurai represent you. Samurai longs for strength, as do you. Samurai wants to be the best, as do you. Samurai felt neglected at one point in his life, as did you. So now, it's time for proteges and the mentors to battle. One final battle. One on one."

"Hm," Diamond said audibly for before releasing Sam, "Let's go, Sam. You can beat Lucario. I know you can. I believe in your abilities."

The Kirlia smiled happily, holding onto the chain that held the cyan stone. Diamond finally realized what it was and his eyes brightened.

"A Dawn Stone? But, where did Sam find that?"

A while ago...

"Okay, Samurai. That's all the training Lucario and I will give you. I think its time you do training on your own or better yet, with Diamond." Riley said, wiping the sweat from his forehead.

He had just got through with battling Sam and was completely blown away with the Kirlia's physical strength, despite being a special attacking Pokemon. Lucario smiled down at Sam and shook his hand in respect for one another.

Sam later floated off deeper into Iron Island and sat down on the cold ground, gazing at the ceiling. From the corner of his eye, he saw something twinkle among the few pieces of dull iron. Amazed by the beauty of the twinkle, Sam floated over to the pile and dug up the stone among the iron. Finally, Sam saw that the stone was connected to a necklace and immediately placed it around his neck, wanting to admire it wherever he went.

Diamond knelt down in front of Kirlia, grasping the Dawn Stone gently, "Sam, this... this is a Dawn Stone!"

Sam eyes widen as he remained silent.

"Sam, you wanted to get stronger. This Dawn Stone will definitely help you in that matter. However, I certainly won't force you to use it on yourself. So, I'm leaving the decision up to you, buddy." Diamond said, smiling, "Regardless of what decision you make, we're still family."

Sam thought for a moment, looking over to Riley and Lucario. Riley had just sprayed a Hyper Potion over Lucario, healing the Pokemon completely. If Sam would ever had a chance to get stronger, he would have to use the Dawn Stone. He knew it would be essential to not only himself but to Diamond and his other Pokemon. Smiling now, Sam slowly touched the stone in Diamond's hands.

Slowly, his entire body started to glow as his body began to grow to tall proportions. Diamond stepped back a bit but his hand remained in Sam's hand while the Kirlia evolved.

(Next: Chapter 48: VS. Lucario IV!)

BigfootTheUnbeatable

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2009
Nice chapter! I took the liberty of doing Diamond's trainer card.
4db9354bd3c1b3a1503278d92a5f37ce.png

I'm excited to see Lucario vs. Gallade next chapter!

On the chapter at hand, I feel that a lot of information was given and set up a lot for next chapter. It really gave off the feeling of Pokemon Special again. The meeting reminded me of the RSE meeting about Aqua and Magma. Again you borrow from the manga but make it your own. I always enjoy that. The meeting itself excited me for what's to come and everything, and the fact that it has brought almost everyone of the protagonists together made me intrested as well. I coudn't help but notice that Flint from the Elite Four was missing but I'm sure you have a reason for that

The continued battle between Riley and Diamond became incresingly better, and the second cliffhanger of he battle made me want even more! Anxious for Lucario IV!

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
LOL, thanks but I already have all the Trainer Cards for future updates. Yeah, I based the meeting off of the game and somewhat of the Manga, but I felt the meeting would be too dry if it were just Rowan, Dawn, Pearl, and Diamond, so I thought, "Why not bring more people and make it more dramatic?"

BigfootTheUnbeatable

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2009
LOL, thanks but I already have all the Trainer Cards for future updates. Yeah, I based the meeting off of the game and somewhat of the Manga, but I felt the meeting would be too dry if it were just Rowan, Dawn, Pearl, and Diamond, so I thought, "Why not bring more people and make it more dramatic?"

Yeah, I thought that was cool. They probably have a lot to discuss at that meeting too. They have to stop Galactic, the two defected Gym leaders, deal with the Lake Pokemon, and Neo Team Rocket whom I assume want to awaken Dialga. I assume Dialga because of Pryce's previous attempts at Celebi.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 48: VS. Lucario IV!
dpmfa448.png

Once the glowing dimmed, a new Pokemon stood before Diamond. Diamond looked directly at the Pokemon, now that they were about the same height, in awe of the new Pokemon, still holding on to Sam's hand. Sam now had an hourglass-shaped body and his lower torso resembled a kilt. He had white legs that were planted firmly on the ground. A red horn was protruding from his chest and another horn stuck out of his back. Sam's arms had blade-like protrusions at the elbow and his head was shaped similar to that of a gladiator's helmet. Unlike Kirlia, this new Pokemon had a darker shade of green for its upper body rather than a lime green exterior.

Diamond took out his Pokedex as it said:

"Gallade - the Blade Pokemon: All Gallade are of the male gender. They are naturally a master of courtesy and swordsmanship. It fights using extending swords on its elbows. Unlike Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir, Gallade specializes in physical attacks."

Sam nodded at Diamond as the two slowly released each other's grasp. Diamond returned the nod with a nod of his own as the young trainer stood behind his newly evolved Pokemon.

Riley was amused, "Wow, after all these years of being a Ralts, Samurai has finally evolved to his peak. I must say I am proud of you. Both of you. This, indeed, is the highlight of my life. No league battle can surpass the greatness of a father and son battle. I always knew that I would pass the torch, but I didn't think it would be this soon. You're only 15 and you're stronger than I was at that age."

"Thanks, Dad." Diamond smirked, "Okay, Lucario is fully healed and so is Sam. Let's not hold anything back or do anything we will regret, alright?"

"Agreed! Lucario, Force Palm!"

"Sam, Psycho Cut!"

Lucario ran at Sam and jumped up. It held out its palm at the Gallade and forced it fiercely in at Sam's chest. Caught off guard by Lucario's quickness, Sam slid back after being hit. However, being more agile on his feet now, Sam spun around, using the force of the palm as momentum. He held out his right elbow sword as it started to glow in an array purple light. Finally, Sam spun toward Lucario and slashed right at its chest with the Psycho Cut attack.

Lucario was hammered into a cave wall and slid down to the ground. Sam ceased his spinning and stared at Lucario with a smirk on his face. That was the first successful, damaging hit Sam had ever had on Lucario, and sure enough, he was going to flaunt it.

Diamond smiled, clenching his fists, "Sweet shot, Sam." He licked his lips, thinking up a plan already, "Okay, Sam's stronger than ever before. Dad isn't dumb enough make Lucario come close to Sam because of those swords on his elbows. However, if he does, we can just keep on attacking. So, I should wait on Lucario's attack and instruct Sam to slash at it whenever it comes near! Perfect!"

Stroking his chin, Riley said, "Okay, it seems Lucario won't be able to strike Samurai from up close, so I should have him use some long range attacks."

"Uh oh," Diamond thought.

"Aura Sphere consecutively!" Riley shouted.

Sam crossed his arms as Lucario flipped backwards a few feet to gain some distance away from the dangerously strong Gallade. It stopped on its feet and crouched down, cupping its hands together and producing a large sphere of Aura. Finally, it fired the Aura Sphere at Sam and continued to produce and fire more Aura Sphere's.

Seeing this coming, Diamond quickly thought, "What's the best way to stop attacks from coming at you? Ugh... oh yeah! Slash'em!"

Sam was hit by the first Aura Sphere dead in the abdomen. He semi-collapsed but maintained his balance, just enough to get hit in the head by another Aura Sphere. He looked back at Diamond helplessly.

"Sam, Slash your way through the Aura Spheres!"

Sam nodded and stood ready as more Aura Sphere's showered his way. He spun around sharply before slashing his elbow swords through several of the attacks, causing them to disintegrate into tinier pieces of Aura. The bits of Aura began to vanish into thin air.

Riley snarled, "Damn it. He sure has a selection of attacks now doesn't he? Well then, there's one attack he can't outrun, right Lucario?"

Lucario nodded as it began produce a different looking sphere. This sphere was much more larger than the Aura Sphere and it had a lavender look to it. The lavender sphere was surrounded with static electricity, as well as Lucario's body. Gallade ran at Lucario and used Slash on the Aura Pokemon but was minorly electrocuted just by touching it.

Not wanting to get shocked again, Sam back flipped over to Diamond, waiting for tactics.

Diamond shook his head, "I don't know what Dad and Lucario have planned, but we've got to figure out a way to stop it."

-----

In the Galactic Veilstone Headquarters...

Sitting in a dark room in front of a giant monitor was Cyrus. He was relaxing in a large, computer chair that spun around by simply causing it do so. He stared at the screen, which was split into three different channels, and pressed a blue button on the remote control. The screen farthest left lit up and showed Lake Valor. Suddenly, Saturn's face came up on the screen. He standing in a patch of grass near the lake, along with his other fellow grunts.

"We have just arrived, brother." Saturn said, attentively.

"Good boy, Saturn. Have you placed the bomb underwater like I asked?" Cyrus asked.

"We're doing it as we speak, sir." He replied, as the camera turned to the left a bit. It showed a Galactic Goon placing a large grenade into the water. The grenade floated towards the center island, "The bomb is set to go off in about an hour, sir. All is going according to your excellent plan. I know it will work out for us. For the world."

"I'm proud of you, Saturn. Keep it up." Cyrus pressed the blue button as the screen dimmed down. The next button he pressed was the red button. The next person to come up on the screen was Mars. She was leading a pack of Galactic Goons through Jubilife City, "Mars, status report?"

"Sir," Mars answered quickly, "we're on our way to Lake Verity. We're currently in Jubilife City and we should be at Verity Lakefront within forty-five minutes to an hour. Right on schedule, if I may say so, sir."

"Great, over and out." Cyrus pressed the red button, dimming the screen. The final button he pressed was the fuchsia button. The far right screen lit up. Jupiter's face appeared on the screen. She was riding in a large, snowmobile, "Status report, Jupiter?"

"We're currently riding through a blizzard, sir. As you know, it constantly snows up north. Because of this, we might be at Lake Acuity within hours or possibly longer than that, depending on how severe the snow is, sir. It might even take a days." Jupiter said, a bit of worry in her voice.

"That's fine, Jupiter. As long as everything is going according to plan, I'm not upset." He nodded as he pressed the fuchsia button again and the screen turned blank. His room partially lit up as he spun around in his seat, staring at the door and then the desk in front of him. He opened up a drawer and took out a long, steel chain, "Once I get those red jewels, we can begin the next phase. Mwahaha!"

-----

"It's time I showed you some real power, Dia! Dragon Pulse!" Riley yelled out to Lucario.

It had been a while now and Lucario was still charging up the attack. The veins on its arms were clearly visible now and quite thick. The veins around its eyes were also noticeable. The lavender sphere had grown to enormous proportions now. Sam stood, defending itself from the upcoming attack. Finally, Lucario thrusted the attack in Sam's direction. The speed of the attack was so amazing, there was no escaping for Sam.

Completely lost for words, Diamond couldn't figure anything out. Things were happening too fast! Just as the attack drew closer, Sam ran towards Diamond and grabbed him. Immediately afterwards, he used Teleport to evade the attack. Once the attack passed, Sam reappeared in the same spot with Diamond in his arms. He released Diamond and looked behind him, noticing that the Dragon Pulse had completely destroyed the caves near the rear end of where they were battling.

Riley shook his head, "You lucked out of that one, son."

Diamond smiled, "Well, in order to be a winner, you have to have some luck on your side, right? But now, I think it's time we just combine tactics and brute force. Lucario's not looking too good right now."

Lucario stood up straight, but was breathing rather heavily. It had used all of its energy in that one Dragon Pulse for nothing.

"Sam, Swords Dance!"

Sam planted his feet firmly on the ground began moving his arms, along with his elbow swords, in a artistic and majestic motion. His swords began to shimmer as he did so. Finally, the Gallade stopped and stood stiffly as it showed off its now sharper elbow swords.

"Teleport!" Diamond immediately shouted.

In the blink of an eye, Sam disappeared and reappeared behind Lucario, who had no idea where the Gallade was.

"Close Combat!"

After Diamond's final command, the hacking and slashing began. First, Sam began to slash his swords at Lucario's back, sending the Aura Pokemon stumbling forward. Sam jumped up Psycho Cut Lucario's back. Afterwards, the Gallade picked up Lucario and tossed him into the air. Sam teleported up into the air above Lucario and proceeded with Close Combat by punching and slashing at the now beat down Lucario. With one final Slash, Sam sent Lucario free falling into the ground where it lay there, fainted and unconscious. Diamond had defeated his father.

Riley stood there, happy for his son and disappointed in himself for losing. He returned Lucario and walked over to Diamond and Sam, "Son, I am impressed. You beat me, fair and square and--'

"And now, I deserve some answers." Diamond said quickly as Sam stood quietly beside him.

'You're right. Okay. It all started several years ago. Even before I met your mother. I was a lab assistant at the Hoenn Space Center. One of my fellow lab assistants, Cyrus had some crazy idea of making a new galaxy, but I didn't agree with it. I never told him that. So when he asked me to help him, reluctantly, I agreed. Over time, his antics developed into crimes, stealing shuttles from the Space Center and stealing space rocks and other valuables. For years, I secretly worked with him. Then, we moved to Sinnoh and I met your mother in Canalave and an old friend of mines, Byron, the Gym Leader of Canalave. When we married, your mother and I settled in Twinleaf Town and the more time I spent with her, the less time I had to spend with Cyrus and his newly named organization, Team Galactic. I wanted no part of his evil deeds, but I wanted to destroy the organization from internal source. I tried to do it alone, but it hasn't worked out. Over the years, the organization grew larger and larger and finally, they came out of hiding. They came out of the underground and are now in the limelight. I've been training here ever since I left home. I promised myself that I would protect the world. It's practically my fault that all this has happened. I didn't have the guts to tell one of my best friends that his idea was wrong. And now look what's going on..." Riley sighed, shaking his head, "I'm foolish."

"No you're not Dad," Diamond smiled weakly, "We all make dumb mistakes. All this time, I was angry at you, but I had no right to be angry. My anger was preventing me from helping to stop Team Galactic as well. Like father, like son, right? Well, now we both can stop Team Galactic. Together. And it's not just us! We have help beyond our wildest dreams!"

Riley smiled and said, "You're right kid. I'm definitely in."

"Good, now I have to go find Professor Rowan and--"

"Not yet, son. I have a present for you. I know I missed a couple of your birthdays, so I'd like to make it up to you." He reached into his bag and pulled out a teal blue egg with black spots on it, "It's a Riolu Egg. You see, every male member of our family, going up into the ancestral years, had a Lucario on their Pokemon team. I was hoping that I could keep the tradition going."

Diamond tilted his head and looked to Sam. Sam nodded, so Diamond smiled. He extended his hand held the small egg in his arms, "Sure Dad, I'd love to keep the tradition going." He placed the egg in his backpack, "So, are you coming with me? I can take you home to see Mom! She really misses you."

"Ah, your mother. I really miss her too. Tell you what though, I'm going to train here a little bit longer, alright? I promise I'll head to Twinleaf tonight, alright? You keep up your journey. I'll check on your Mom and call you when I get there, okay?"

Diamond nodded, "Okay."

There was an uncomfortable silence for a while as Diamond stared up at his father. Riley simply smiled and said, "Give me a hug, son."

Diamond ran into his father's arms and hugged him tightly before withdrawing.

He smiled and said, "See you soon, Dad."

-----

Several minutes later, the SS Canalave arrived at the Canalave City Port. Once Diamond got off of the boat, he noticed Dawn and Pearl there, waiting for him. He grinned ran over to greet them.

"Hey! What's up you two! I thought you two were going to Twinleaf Town?"

"Well," Pearl grinned, shaking Diamond's hand, "there's a National Pokemon Conference in town and we're all invited to it. You missed the beginning of the meeting, but I'm sure you don't want to miss the end. In fact, they need all three of us to be in the library as soon as possible!"

Dawn nodded, "Yes, come on Diamond!"

-----

"So, you want me to go to Lake Valor and try to catch one of the Lake Trio?" Diamond asked, looking down to Elder Maryland.

She had just told Diamond about the events and what they needed to do.

"Yes, Diamond. We need to capture the Lake Trio before Team Galactic gets a hold of them." Elder Maryland replied.

"Now I know you want to continue your journey, Diamond, so we won't hold--"

"I'm down for it, Professor," Diamond interrupted Professor Rowan, "I'm all set to help. Trust me." He gave him a thumbs up, "Besides, where would guys be without me?"

Pearl was excited, now that Diamond was back, "Hey hey hey... you are forgetting that Elder Maryland said I was the strongest of us three."

By now, everyone was gone from the conference room. The only remaining people were Cynthia, Rowan, Elder Maryland, Dawn, Pearl, and Diamond.

"Okay then. Enough chatter," Cynthia said seriously, "we need you three to set off--"

RUMBLE! RUMBLE! BOOM! BOOM! RUMBLE!

Everyone in the library collapsed to the ground as the entire earth began to shake violently; more violently than any other earthquake in Sinnoh history. Bookshelves collapsed to the ground, chairs flew everywhere, the table broke in half. After five minutes of an earthquake, Diamond stood up.

"Okay," he said calmly, "what the hell just happened?"

"An earthquake obviously," Pearl smirked and scoffed, "and you're the smart one, right."

Cynthia shook them off, "Everyone, let's go outside!"

-----

As they ran outside, Cynthia began asking people everywhere about what was going on Finally, she caught a sailor who was holding a portable television in his hands.

"According to this here news reeeeport," said the sailor, "there was a booooomb set off in Lake Vaaaaalor, near Paaaastoria City. Says here that Team Galaaaactiic placed an hour bomb in the waaaater and it just exploded about six or seven miiiinutes ago. Says here that the entire lake just dried up due to the hot air. It's cool down now though."

"Oh my gosh," Dawn said, worried.

Diamond smirked and said, "Well then, that's my cue to go there, right?"

"Yes, Diamond. You go investigate. Dawn, Lake Verity. Pearl, Lake Acuity. Be careful going north Pearl. The Blizzard is harsh." Cynthia informed.

"No problem, I'm out!" Pearl ran east towards the exit of the city.

Dawn nodded, releasing Peep, her Drifblim. She attached herself to the balloon Pokemon and proceeded to fly southward.

Rowan placed his hand on Diamond's shoulder, "You be careful, lad."

"I will, Professor." He released Pilot as the Yanma wrapped its legs around Diamond's upper body. Pilot lifted Diamond up as they flew into the skies, headed for Lake Valor and headed straight for trouble.

(Next: Chapter 49: VS. Toxicroak II!)

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 49: VS. Toxicroak II!
dpmfa454.png

Diamond was amazed at how fast Pilot was flying now. He was flying faster than ever before. Diamond assumed that Pilot was just really anxious to battle for the good of the world. Diamond felt the same way. Defeating his father and rekindling their father-son relationship was all he needed to recover the motivation he once had. He felt as if nothing could stop him. Nothing.

After about twenty to thirty minutes of flying, Diamond and Pilot were now flying over the Valor Hotel Square and were nearing Valor Lakefront. Once they reached the Lakefront, Pilot landed Diamond at the entrance and Diamond returned the Yanma to its Pokeball. With a determined look on his face, Diamond exhaled and entered Lake Valor.

Once he reached the clearing out of the forest, Diamond noticed something very strange about Lake Valor: all the water had disappeared! Vanished! There were a few puddles here in there, but nonetheless, the lake was dried up. Magikarps flopped around, begging for water. A few of them fought and flopped over the remaining puddle. Some of them simply accepted defeat and death.

"What the hell? How could Team Galactic do such a thing!?" Diamond whispered as he ran down the side of what was once a lake. Now that the lake was dried up, he noticed that there were levels and inclines, making it easy to walk through the dried up lake. In the middle, Diamond noticed a small island with a cave in it. A ladder was extended up to the island, "So that's where they must be. Heh, how unfortunate for those Goons."

-----

Diamond clambered up the ladder quietly and paused as he set foot on the island. The grass was completely yellow, almost brown, from the impact of the explosion. A few tree near the mainland were blown away as well. All of this further motivated Diamond to take down whoever was inside this cave. It did not matter. They had to pay for what they were doing to Sinnoh.

As he slowly walked inside the cave, he noticed that it was lit up with torches, similar to Iron Island. There was also a large stream of water going around and about the cave in some sort of pattern or picture. The cave itself did not have many tunnels except the one at the entrance. As Diamond neared the end of the tunnel, he entered one large room with a large puddle shaped liked the head of Azelf. Scattered around the room were Galactic Goons who were investigating the different areas of the room, trying to find a secret passage.

One Galactic member caught his eye: Saturn.

"Saturn!" Diamond shouted pointing at the Galactic Commander.

Saturn turned around and smirked before making a fake surprised looked, "Oh, it's you! Long time, no see. We're kind of busy at the moment, so you'll have to wait." He turned his back and continued to study rock patterns in the wall.

"Everybody out. This doesn't involve any of you Galactic Goons." Diamond shouted. The Goon walked near him, their Pokeballs at hand, "Unless Saturn thinks he can't handle me alone."

Saturn slowly turned on his heel, "What did you say, punk?"

"You can't beat me in a battle by yourself. It's always with your clones. In fact, I don't think you've ever beat me. It's always you running away in your fancy space-mobile. Am I right?" Diamond stood ready as the Goon came closer.

"Everybody out!" Saturn shouted.

"But sir... we can get rid of this kid once and for all!"

"He's nothing but a pest!"

"Yeah, let's drown'em!'

"OUT!" Saturn shouted as the cave rumbled.

The Goons quickly exited the cave, leaving Diamond and Saturn alone. Or so they thought.

The rumble of Saturn's voice awoke the Legendary Pokemon of the cave, Azelf. The blue headed Pokemon was floating near the ceiling of the cave, however, Saturn and Diamond did not notice, due to their hatred for one another. So, Azelf floated there, trying to remain unseen. The top of the cave had an opening in it in case Azelf wished to escape.

-----

Meanwhile...

Pearl had finally made his way to snowy regions of Mt. Coronet. Conveniently, there was a Pokemon Center right at the beginning of the snow routes. He entered and immediately went over to the PC to phone his mother. Once the brown-haired woman came up on the screen, he smiled and said, "Mom, I need some new clothes. I'm currently in the snow routes of Mt. Coronet, heading to Snowpoint City and Lake Acuity."

"Don't worry Pearl, Professor Rowan has told us all about what's going on. You and your friends just be careful, okay?"

Pearl nodded and noticed the background, "Are you at Diamond's house?"

"Yes, Ayako is making new clothes for you and Diamond. If you're going to the north, you definitely can be wearing short sleeve shirts and that small, thin scarf!"

"Yes ma'am. But you know there's three of us right? A girl." Pearl remarked.

Ayako, Diamond's mother, came on the screen, "Oh, just phone Diamond to bring her around here whenever they get the chance. I don't know her sizes so I can't knit clothes for her."

"Yes ma'am." Pearl nodded.

After about ten minutes of waiting, the clothes were sent via transporter to the Pokemon Center. Pearl walked over to it and help the clothes up in the air, taking a good look at them. The shirt was a thin, but warm sweater with a turtle neck. It was striped orange and white and had a Poketch holder on the left wrist. Pearl also received a new pair of gray pants which were much thicker than the ones he had currently had on. His mother sent a pair of brown boots as well, stating that it would be uncomfortable to walk in the snow with mere tennis shoes. The final item sent was a lime green scarf, knitted by his mother. It was much more thicker than the scarf he currently had on.

Pearl got dressed and sent his old clothes back to Twinleaf Town. He headed out the Pokemon Center and continued to walk into the snow. The snow was really light right now, so it was comforting. His body was much more warmer now with the new clothes. As he walked he noticed something towards the mountains: bridges that wrapped all the way through the entire route. There were construction men working up there so he didn't bother to try the bridges. He continued to walk down the snow path until...

He saw a large gang of people dressed in orange, snow jumpsuits. Pearl noticed on the back of their suits the letters "NTR".

"Neo Team Rocket?" Pearl whispered, "They've been quiet lately. I've no time with confront them." He immediately walked backwards, trying to main inconspicuous. He headed up the bridges and approached a construction worker, "Sir, am I allowed to walk these bridges all the way to Snowpoint City?"

The construction stood up straight, dressed in a large winter coat, bulgy pants, and snow boots, "Yes you are, young man. But these bridges will be closed by tomorrow. We're going to destroy them because they're old and worn out from people walking on them. We have rebuild a new bridge, but that'll take about a year. The bridge to Snowpoint City is long and grueling, especially with that heavy blizzard. You might want to consider taking your time going there. There are a few houses and Pokemon Centers along the way. Don't rush yourself, ya hear?"

Pearl nodded and head along the twists and turns of the bridge. He was fortunate that he made it just in time before the bridge was destroyed. Otherwise, he would have to walk through the Neo Team Rocket fort.

-----

By now, Diamond and Saturn were deep into their battle. It was Sam versus Toxicroak and for the moment Toxicroak and Saturn had the upper hand despite Sam's type advantage.

"Mud Bomb!" Saturn shouted.

Toxicroak hacked up a large, muddy bomb and it chunked right at Sam's chest. Sam fell back a bit, trying to get the mud off his chest.

Diamond clenched his fist, "Psycho Cut!"

Sam crossed his elbow swords and sprinted towards Toxicroak. However, the Toxic Mouth Pokemon jumped out of the way, avoiding the attack.

"What was that you were saying about me not being able to defeat you, boy?" Saturn snarled, "Poison Jab!"

"Psycho Cut!"

The darts on Toxicroak's wrist grew much longer, similar to that of a poisonous blade. Toxicroak charged at Sam who too was charging back with his Psycho Cut attack. Immediately, the two crossed swords and were trying their best to force each other's weight on one another. Toxicroak appeared to have the upper hand, causing Sam to take a few steps back and wince.

Diamond shook his head, thinking, "Damn, his Toxicroak is strong. If I can get it on the defense, Sam would definitely have a chance." He looked to ceiling, seemingly looking for answers, until he notice a small, floating Pokemon watching the battle.

"Azelf!?" Diamond shouted.

Saturn looked up and said, "Th-th-there it is!" He took out his walkie-talkie, "Galactic Goons, Azelf is near the opening in the ceiling of the cave! Send the Space Flyer here A.S.A.P.!"

Within seconds, a large flying machinie was near the opening in the ceiling of the cave. A large, mechanical hand came out from underneath the aircraft and grabbed Azelf, placing it in some sort of force field cave before zooming off afterwards.

Diamond clenched his fists, knowing that he had failed the mission. He looked to Saturn who was staring back at him smugly.

"That's it! Sam, Swords Dance!" Diamond commanded.

"Protect!" Saturn countered

"Feint!!"

Sam began moving his elbow swords in an swordmaster like motion before stopping, allowing them to sharpen. Toxicroak crossed his arms as a large field of blue energy surrounded him, protecting him. Sam smirked and ran at Toxicroak slashing his elbow sword through the force field. The field shattered into tiny pieces as Toxicroak was left defenseless.

"Psycho Cut!"

Both of the Gallade's arms were covered in purple, psychic energy. Sam crossed his arms before slashing Toxicroak in the face in an "X" like motion. Toxicroak flew back into the wall and was temporarily fossiled into the rock.

Accepting defeat, Saturn quickly returned Toxicroak, "I'm sure Mars is successful in capturing Mesprit at Lake Verity. All is going according to plan."

"Slash, Sam!" Diamond shouted.

Sam ran at Saturn, but it was too late. A jetpack appeared out of Saturn's vest as the Commander flew out of the opening at the ceiling. Diamond quickly recalled Sam and sent out Pilot to help him fly out of the cave.

-----

Now flying above what was Lake Valor, Diamond looked around for any sight of Team Galactic, but they were gone. Diamond cursed himself as he received a call from Professor Rowan on his Poketch.

"Diamond, are you there?" Rowan said.

"Yes sir. I'm sorry sir. I defeated Saturn but I was unsuccessful in capturing Azelf." Diamond sighed, closing his eyes, "I failed."

"That's quite alright, Diamond. We need you to come to Lake Verity now. We need all the help we can get. Clear?"

"Affirmative.'

-----

At Lake Verity...

Dawn had just entered the clearing and noticed several Galactic Goons entering the island cave. As she was just about to dive in and swim to the island, she was halted by none other than her rival Commander, Mars.

"What's the hurry, honey?" Mars said, wagging her finger.

"I thought I got rid of you a long time ago." Dawn furrowed her brows at the red-headed Commander.

"No, of course not. I'm a Galactic Commander. I never go away unless you kill me."

"That can be arranged."

She took out a Pokeball, "Let's put it this way, sugar, I'm going to do the honors of killing you with one Pokemon."

"Heh, same here." Dawn said, reaching for the Pokeball wrapped around her thigh.

Little Dawn know that she was actually waisting time. Mars was doing anything in her right mind to stall Dawn from entering that cave and capturing Mesprit. Dawn's emotions definitely got the better of her

(Next: Chapter 50: VS. Purugly II!)

Author's Note: I'm going to be completing Volume 4 today and take a two-week hiatus, allowing readers to catch up or re-read chapters for reference. Happy reading and thanks to everybody who has read, reviewed, or thought about this fic! You people are what motivates me to get better!

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 50: VS. Purugly II!
dpmfa432.png

Mars tossed her Pokeball forward, releasing her strongest Pokemon, Purugly. Dawn was prepared to release her strongest Pokemon as well, until it backfired. Her purse was slightly opened as she reached for Pyra's Pokeball around her thigh. A Pokeball in the purse burst opened releasing, possibly, her least favorite Pokemon...

..Tater, her Chatot.

"What the hell, Tater! Get back in your Pokeball!"

"What a coincidence, Purugly loves eating bird Pokemon, right girl?" Mars looked down at her Purugly, whom was licking its chops at the sight of the Chatot.

"You've got to be kidding--"

Dawn stopped mid sentence as Purugly jumped up at Chatot. She dodged out of the way, not wanting to be hit by the heavy Pokemon. Tater wasn't just going to allow Purugly to eat him, so he decided to fight back.

"Squawk!!! Ugly! Ugly! You're Ugly! Purugly!" He squawked, flapping his wings violently.

"Body Slam!" Mars shouted as Purugly dove up above Tater.

It stretched out its body completely, preparing to slam down onto the Chatot. Unfortunately, the body slam didn't hit Tater. The Chatot was too quick and flew out of the way of the Body Slam. Instead, Purugly slammed its body onto the hard ground.

Dawn smirked and said, "So, you are helpful after all."

-----

In Twinleaf Town...

"Mom, I'm home!" Diamond shouted as he walk through the front door of his house for the first time in months. He noticed his mother knitting clothes for him, "Sweet, new threads?"

Ayako smiled at Diamond, "Hi Dia. Welcome home! Yup, new clothes for you when you're going up north. I already sent Pearl's clothes to him. He's already at Mt. Coronet. Pearl said something about some girl that you two are friends with. Bring her around here too, so I can make clothes for her!"

"Okay," Diamond sat down, "Well, I guess the bet's off. We met a bet earlier about who could get there first, but with what's going on in the world, we don't have time for those games." Diamond shrugged.

"Yes. Now, what Pokemon do you have?"

"Oh, that's right!" He took out his five Pokeballs and tossed them forward, releasing his Empoleon, Gallade, Skuntank, Pachirisu, and Yanma. He reached into his bag and held his Riolu Egg, "Of course, you know Trident and Samurai."

"Oh my! They've grown so quickly! I remember when they were a Piplup and Ralts!"

Diamond nodded and continued on, "This is Rose, my Skuntank; Dexter, my Pachirisu; and Pilot, my Yanma."

Ayako smiled, "They look strong!" She noticed the Egg in his hand, "Is that... a Riolu Egg?"

"Yes! Dad gave this to me! In fact, he's on his way--"

"Guess who's home!?" said a voice at the door. Riley came through the door, dressed in the same attire he wore when he left years ago. Ayako grew so excited she ran over to him and into his arms. She greeted him with a passionate kiss as Diamond looked on, partially happy and partially disgusted.

Ayako released from the kiss, "Riley!"

Riley smiled, "Hey, I told you I'd be back!"

"Not after years and years!"

"Sorry. But I'll tell you about it once I get settled in." He looked to Diamond, "Hey, son! Ayako, Diamond defeated me in a battle!"

"Battle," Diamond thought. He looked at his Poketch and then said, "I gotta get to Lake Verity! Be right back!"

"Okay, Diamond. Don't forget to bring your friend around here!"

-----

The body slamming and missing continued as Tater flew around aimlessly. Dawn was certainly amused by this. Mars was laughing inside, knowing that by now her Galactic Goons had captured Mesprit.

When they exited the cave, the same large aircraft landed on the island. One of the goons was holding a container, holding the Legendary Pokemon of Lake Verity, Mesprit. Dawn noticed this and held her head.

"Oh know! I completely forgot!"

"That's what you get when you mess with big girls!" Mars pointed to her chest, "Now... I'm outta here."

"Oh no you don't! Tater, Featherdance!"

Tater began flying around in circles as black feathers flew off his wings and floated around him. Finally, he ceased his dancing and looked down at the collapsed Purugly.

"Mirror Move!" Dawn shouted.

As Tater's beak glistened in the sunlight, he flipped backwards and charged down at Purugly, his body slammed directly into the Tiger Cat's gut.

Mars returned her Purugly as she ran over to the aircraft, attaching her self to a bar on the side, "Toodles!"

The machine took flight as Dawn ran after it, but it was too late. She collapsed to her knees and covered her eyes, tears coming out of them. Tater landed on the ground and hopped over to her, trying to console her. Dawn smiled, "Thanks, Tater." She returned her Chatot and continued to lightly cry, "I let my emotions get the better of me."

"Don't we all?" said a voice from behind her.

Dawns turned around and face Diamond, pushing down her skirt as she stood up, "Diamond? Did you capture Azelf?"

"Nah, Team Galactic beat me to the punch." He looked to the ground and then at her, "And I was just in time to see Team Galactic fly off with Mesprit, right?"

Dawn nodded quietly as Professor Rowan came from the clearing, "I overheard you two. I know you two are disappointed, but we're still okay. I've just received word from Pearl that Team Galactic has not reached Lake Acuity. The blizzard is preventing that from being possible at the moment. So, I need you two trail him." He looked to the sky, noticing it was getting dark, "You two should go home and rest."

Dawn nodded as Diamond said, "Yes sir." He looked to Dawn, "Hey Dawn, my Mom wants you to swing by my house for a second."

-----

It was completely dark outside now as Diamond led Dawn into Twinleaf Town.

Dawn smiled, her tears far behind her, "As long as I lived in Sinnoh, I've never visited Twinleaf Town, it's so... peaceful. Definitely not like Jubilife City."

"You live there?" Diamond asked.

"Yeah, my Dad is a worker for the Poketch Company. We live in a penthouse, but sometimes you want to leave the city and just stay in the suburbs."

Diamond opened the door to his house for Dawn as she walked in. Diamond's mother was still in the kitchen, knitting Diamond's clothing. She looked up as Diamond and Dawn walked through the door.

"I'm back, Mom." Diamond nodded. He looked around for his father, "Where's Dad?"

"Upstairs, asleep." She said quietly. She smiled as she saw Dawn, "And you must be Dawn!"

Dawn smiled, "Hi."

"Oh, I must get your measurements and sizes. If you're going to the north, you can't wear skirts and short sleeve shirts!"

"I prefer to wear skirts, ma'am. My legs never get cold for some reason."

Diamond couldn't help but to stare at her legs when his Mom and Dawn weren't looking. Once Dawn quickly glanced at Diamond, he turned away and looked to the window.

She giggled quietly and said, "But I will wear a long sleeved sweater, ma'am. Just keep the skirt theme in it, please."

"Will do, Dawn," Ayako nodded, "I'll probably be done with your outfit in the morning. Just come over here so I can measure you. Diamond, you should be heading off to bed. It's late."

"Moooomm!" Diamond complained.

"No television tonight either. When I get through measuring Dawn," she said as she was in the process of measuring the girl, "Show her to the guest room."

"Oh, that's okay ma'am. I'll just head on home."

"Nonsense, you're our guest. A friend of Diamond's is a friend of ours!" Ayako smiled.

Dawn giggled and looked to Diamond once his mother was done measuring her, "Okay, thanks ma'am."

-----

Diamond placed his Pokeballs near his computer as he went over to the drawer to get his pajamas. He took off his vest and sire and was now prepared to put on his pajama shirt.

"Hm, quite the muscle man, aren't we?" Dawn said teasingly, standing in the doorway.

Diamond blushed, covering his upper body with his shirt, "What are you doing here?"

"You haven't showed me to the guest room yet, silly!" She giggled, "Why are you turning red?"

Diamond put on his shirt, "Okay, I'll show you to the room once I get dressed. And I'm turning red because... it's hot."

Dawn walked out of the doorway as Diamond put on his pajama pants. He took off his his beret, rubbing down his slight Mohawk. Diamond walked out of his room and nodded at Dawn who was standing in the doorway with her bag in hand. Diamond led her down the hall into a large room to the right.

The room was slightly smaller than Diamond's, but shared the same comfort. There was a bed, a table, and a computer. A window was near the right of the bed.

"Looks comfortable." Dawn said as she walked into the door. Diamond nodded as he turned to leave, "Hey, Dia?"

Diamond poked his head in the room, "Yeah?"

"I'm glad you're back with us, now. We were kind of worried about you but we're so glad now," she herself blushed as he looked down and said, "And...I.."

"Hm?"

"And I really like..."

"..."

"I..." she looked up, her face completely red, "I really like your mom!" She said quickly, "She's a very happy person. Like me! And she's a great knitter! Yeah."

Diamond nodded and looked elsewhere, expecting something else besides how nice his Mom was, "Um, yeah. Whatever you say," he chuckled, "My Mom's nice to guests, but come on, she won't let me watch television past ten o'clock. That sucks."

Dawn laughed as the redness in her face disappeared, "You're a really cool guy, Diamond. Good night."

"Night." Diamond said as he closed the door and went into his room. He layed down on his bed and stared at the ceiling. Tomorrow, he and Dawn were going to Mt. Coronet. He didn't know what was going to happen, but he did know that he wasn't alone in this long mission.

-----

The next morning, Diamond awoke to the sweet aroma of pancakes, bacon, and eggs. He sat up in his bed and rubbed his messy hair before looking at his closet. A new pair of clothes was hung up on the door knob. He grabbed the clothes and layed them on the bed, examining them.

The first thing Diamond noticed was a red long sleeve shirt that was the same color as his beret. He ran his hands from the shirt to the black cargo pants. Diamond always favored black pants rather than the jeans he normally wore, "Kudos to Mom." Diamond smiled as he went back to his closet to grab his black boots with white soles and shoe laces.

He grabbed them and placed them on his jeans. They matched perfectly. Diamond went to the closet again and noticed a brand new jacket. It was dark blue with a purplish tint. At the elbows and zippers, the jacket was black. It had a Poketch holder on the right wrist as well.

"Man, Mom really outdid herself this time!" Diamond stated as he quickly got dressed and headed down stairs, grabbing his red scarf off the railing of the steps.

Once he got downstairs, he noticed his father was sitting on the couch, drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. Just like old times. His mother was cooking breakfast, too.

Diamond smiled and then asked, "Has Dawn came downstairs yet?" He sat down at the table and proceeded to eat his breakfast.

"Yes, she's already eaten. She's getting dressed now. She loves her new clothes! I knew she would." Ayako smiled confidently.

Riley nodded, "Yeah, Diamond. Who do you think made my blue suit? Your mother. Aside from Pokemon Contests, your mother is a great knitter!"

"Where's my bag?" Diamond asked, holding his scarf in his hand.

"That old yellow bag?" Ayako restated the question, "Blech, I threw it out. It was old and stinky. I bought you a new bag. It has a silver color to it. Almost platinum." She bent over and picked up the silver bag, "I bought Dawn a new purse-bag too. I bought some things for you two at the store this morning!" She smiled, "She's so cute, Diamond, you really ought to ask her out."

Diamond rubbed his cheeks, feeling himself blush, "Ah, Mom."

Dawn slowly came down the steps and stopped once she reached the bottom floor. She posed happily as she placed her hands on her hips, her purse on her shoulder.

She placed her snow cap on her head and her new pink hair clips on the sides of her head. She was wearing a red sweater, similar to Diamond's, but much more feminine. It was a sweater skirt that was very high, to Diamond's pleasure. It had four pink buttons on the skirt and a Poketch holder on the left wrist. Dawn also flaunted her new pink boots and white socks that went up to her knee pads. Lifting her purse bag up a bit to be more comfortable, she smiled at Diamond and then at his mother.

"I love this outfit, thank you!" She ran over to hug Ayako as Diamond looked over to Riley.

"That's not the only surprise, you two." Ayako reached into her shopping bag and pulled out two scarves that match. Each scarf was a thick and white and had the same platinum color to it like the backpack and purse bag.

Diamond grinned, "New scarves too?" He tossed his old scarf aside and wrapped the new scarf around his neck, "This is... much better!"

Dawn did the same as she stroked the scarf, "You're right!"

Ayako smiled, "I just want you two to be safe and warm when you go to those snow routes. Don't rush yourself, okay? I've packed all your things, including Potions and Pokeballs."

Diamond nodded as he headed for the door with Dawn behind him.

"You two be safe. Stay together!" Riley said, not looking up from his newspaper.

"Yes, be careful!" Ayako followed.

Diamond and Dawn waved goodbye as they exited the house. Diamond held onto the straps of his backpack as they headed to north Twinleaf Town. Dawn smiled as she poked Diamond's back.

"What?" Diamond walked backwards.

"I saw you checking me out when I came down the steps." she further teased.

"Was not." Diamond lied, looking to the sky.

"Mm hmm." Dawn purred.

-----

"Alright men! Tear her down!" said the construction workers of the bridge at the snow route. Another worker pressed a button as each of bridges near the entrance of the snow route collapsed to the ground, "There won't be anyone walking those bridges for some time. They'll have to walk through the snow if they want to get to Snowpoint City. I'd recommend an airplane but no plane can fly through that harsh blizzard without crashing."

Volume 4 is complete!

Author's Note: I know I haven't linked some of the Volume 4 Chapters to the first post, but I will get around to it. In the meantime, I'm going to be posting the names of the chapters in Volume 5. Begin speculation ;).

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Just so you guys know, I'm going to be re-editing the first volume. As most of you know, I changed the names of two characters (Pearl and Dawn) from Volume 2 on (before, they were Damion and Pearl). It's just something that I wanted to do for people who begin reading my fiction. Also, I'll be readjusting the format, by separating dialogue into different paragraphs (something I learned once I progressed as a writer). And, man, seeing my first volume did make me realize how much better I got. My first chapter was horrible compared to my Volume 4 chapters. LOL.

Anyway, in this post, of course, I will be giving you guys a VOLUME 5 PREVIEW. You don't have to open the spoiler tag if you don't want too. And I ask that you please leave your comments that are related to Volume 5 in SPOILER TAGS. Please.

Spoiler:

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Volume 5

Chapter 51: VS. Abomasnow! Pt. 1
dpmfa460.png

"Prepare for landing!" Diamond shouted back to Dawn as the flew directly over Mt. Coronet in the center of Sinnoh. Up ahead, Diamond spotted the winter storm clouds and knew that Pilot, who was helping Diamond fly, could not fly through intense whether. He also knew that Aves, Dawn's Staravia, could not fly effectively through a blizzard neither.

Dawn nodded, flying on Aves back as the Staravia and Yanma slowly descended to the ground. There was a hut near the exit of a Mt. Coronet cave where they could rest, so they landed there smoothly.

Once Pilot and Aves were on the ground, they were returned to their Pokeball and Diamond and Dawn walked into the hut to take a brief rest before they would venture out to Snowpoint City.

-----

Inside the hut was a crew of construction workers. Diamond over heard them talking while Dawn made a trip to the bathroom.

"Yeah! It's amazing how beautifully that bridge just tore down! But heck, I wouldn't expect anyone to make it through to Snowpoint City on this route. Not now, anyway."

Diamond approached the men who were sitting at a lounge, watching television, "The bridges to Snowpoint City are down?" Diamond asked, butting in to the construction worker's conversation.

"Sure are, boy. We'll build a new bridge once the blizzard dies down a little. Been a blizzard here for months. We don't know where the source is coming from," the head construction man nodded.

Diamond walked over to the window and stared outside. It was snowing, yes, but he couldn't quite see something that would be blizzard material. Once he walked away from the window, he waited by the restrooms for Dawn.

Instead, the door to the men's restroom opened and out came two fellows. One was familiar to Diamond, while the other was a new face to him.

"Hey! Well if isn't the trainer I defeated back at Hearthome City!" Gold grinned brightly, extending his hand to high-five Diamond.

Diamond smiled fakely and said, "You," he shook his hand, "I'm much stronger than I was then, trust me." Diamond did not want to sound arrogant or cocky, but he was much stronger. His team was slowly progressing. He shifted a bit as the egg inside his backpack wiggled around. It wasn't close to hatching, but it was making some progress.

The red headed boy exhaled deeply, "Why are you here?"

Gold slapped him on the back softly, "Silver! It's a free country. He can be wherever he likes." He looked to the women's restroom, "I sure wish Crys would come on out here, though. Reports are saying Neo Team Rocket is up head in the blizzard. Sure enough, they are the ones causing this blizzard."

Diamond tilted his head, "What!? Neo Team Rocket? I don't--Dawn and I don't have time to meddle with Neo Team Rocket. We have got to get to Snowpoint City to help our friend!"

"The blonde guy?" Silver asked, "We saw him walking on the bridges before. The construction guy allowed him to use the bridge to get to Snowpoint City. However, we do not need a bridge where we are going."

"What exactly are Neo Team Rocket planning?" Diamond asked.

Gold opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by Silver. He pouted and folded his arms, going over to the women's restroom and opening it up, only to be hit in the face by the door. Dawn and Crys walked out of the restroom and watched as Gold fell to the ground, his eyes in a daze.

Crys coughed a bit, "Sorry, Gold. You shouldn't stick so near to doors."

Dawn giggled and said, "Yeah, Goldie."

Gold sat up and grinned, looking at Dawn, "Hey, again."

-----

Later, the five trainers stood outside the hut as Silver began his explanation on what exactly Neo Team Rocket was planning. It was snowing a bit harder than usual, but nothing too severe in the area.

"Neo Team Rocket is trying to awaken a legendary Pokemon here in Sinnoh. We were put on a special assignment to stop them at all costs. The Pokemon they are trying to awaken is called Dialga, a Pokemon that can manipulate time."

"I've seen it before," Dawn said quickly, "well, a statue anyway. It's in Eterna City."

Silver nodded, "Yes. Neo Team Rocket's main headquarters are located down this route," he pointed down the canyon of the snow route.

Diamond stared down the seemingly endless canyon. He smirked and said, "You guys need any help?"

Dawn shook her head, "Diamond! We have to get Pearl and help him out at Lake Acuity!"

"Well, Dawn. If we're going to save the world, we have to, at least, stop every evil organization while we're at it, right? Besides, I want to show Gold exactly how much stronger I've gotten." Diamond nodded at Dawn.

Gold grinned and said, "Awesome. Let's get moving."

Suddenly, the Egg in Diamond's backpack burst out of its container and began rolling down the canyon at a breakneck speed. Diamond eyes widen as he said, "My Egg!" Immediately, he began to run after with Dawn, Silver, Crys, and Gold right behind him.

-----

Meanwhile at the Neo Team Rocket fort...

A blizzard stormed heavily around the entire route. A large, steel, factory looking building sat in the middle of the route. Surrounding the factory over a twenty mile radius were several Snovers and Abomasnows, seemingly marching around the factory in order to protect it from unwanted visitors. Along with the Frost Tree Pokemon were several humans dressed in orange snowsuits with hoods covering their heads. Each member, male and female, had on a pair of jet black glasses to protect their eyes from the snow. On each members feet were dark brown snow boots.

Inside the factory, Neo Team Rocket prepared their mission to locate Dialga...

Pluto stood near a window, 'watching' her grunts digging up snow around the area. She was dressed in her dark brown hooded cloak as he light blue, blind orbs wandered around.

Uranus approached her from behind, dressed in a purple cloak, similar to Pluto's. On the back of the cloak was an NTR decal printed in gold, "Ma'am. Unfortunately we do not know where to locate Dialga. We have asked around, but nobody seems to know. The only people who know how to locate Dialga, unfortunately, are our old associates, Team Galactic."

Pluto exhaled, her breathe appearing in front of her face. She slowly turned around, staring at the ground as she spoke to Uranus, "I know that, Uranus. But, I can sense something underneath this snow. Something powerful, but I do not know what. It may be Dialga, it may be something else. I wish to investigate this matter. See that no human or even Pokemon step foot in our vicinity, understood?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Good, now get rid of these upcoming intruders. You and Neptune are ordered to sum up a group of Grunts and Abomasnows. Get rid of them, now!" Pluto demanded.

"But ma'am, there are no intruders in the area. We have just checked and..."

"Did I say you could correct me, Fantina?" Pluto asked, using Uranus's real name, "I may be blind, but I my other sense have enhanced drastically over the past two years. I can smell, hear, and feel them coming. Five of them. Get rid of them, now!" Pluto shouted once more.

Uranus nodded, a bit afraid, "At once, ma'am." She ran off.

Pluto turned back around and faced the window as Uranus ran outside, informing the grunts of the intruders approaching the fort. She grabbed the necklace around her neck and slowly ran her fingers through it. The necklace was a long one with three red jewels lined up vertically, "This necklace will glow once Dialga is around. Surely, we will find Dialga and rescue my grandfather from the time portal."

-----

"Dude, if it's an Egg you want, I promise I'll get you another! I'm a breeder!" Gold shouted. He was the last in the pack and wanted to save his strength for battling. Fortunately, he wasn't wearing shorts, or he would be freezing. He wore his red and gold hoodie, but now had on gold sweat pants to protect him from the cold.

Crys, too, had a wardrobe change. Instead of the mid-thigh high leggings, she wore a set of leggings that hugged her figure attractively all the way down to her ankles.

Meanwhile, Silver maintained his current outfit, since it was already suited for the cold weather.

Diamond looked back to Gold and said, "I don't want an Egg from you! That Egg came from my father. It's a descendant of our trademark family Pokemon, the Lucario!"

The Egg continued to roll down the canyon until the canyon came to an end. Immediately, the snow hit everyone's face harder than ever. The snow fall seemed to feel like soft hail, and was about the size of a snowball that a young child would create. Finally, the egg came to a halt in the deep, shin-high snow. Diamond ran over and retrieved it, placing it back in his backpack.

"I gotta keep this thing warm. I don't want it to be sick when it hatches." Eventually, the other four caught up with Diamond and stopped in their tracks.

The surrounding area seemed to be nothing but snow for miles and miles and miles. There were a few coniferous trees here and there, but other than that, there was pure, pearly white snow.

Silver scanned the area calmly, "Alright. I know exactly where to go. Follow me. Stay alert and protect yourself from the snow. It's going to get intensely cold, I assume."

The five began to struggle through the snow, moving basically one foot at a moment. The snow was so deep, there was no chance at running. Diamond shifted the scarf off his neck and placed it in his backpack. He wrapped around the egg firmly so that it could stay warm. He would sacrifice his neck warmth in order to keep the Egg healthy.

Crys looked at her map in hand as they walked, "According to this town map, we're nearing the central point of the route. Which is good, because in the center of the route is..."

"...the Neo Team Rocket Fort." Gold completed her sentence as they gazed at the large steel building.

Silver nodded, "Alright, prepare to..."

A loud rumbling sound came from around the five trainers. The immediately stood their backs to one another, forming a circle around themselves so that they could see from all angles and degrees. From the trees surrounding the building came several Neo Team Rocket grunts and Abomasnow. Out in front of the grunts and Abomasnow were Uranus and Neptune.

"Ooh! Lookie here!" Uranus smirked, "If isn't all the precious children of time's past. Hm, Gold, Silver, and Crys? I'm surprised you've made acquaintances with these other weak trainers. The object of unity is to make your team stronger, not weaker than what it is!"

Diamond had a stern expression his face, "First of all, I defeated you Fantina on your playing field in that crazy dungeon. Secondly, how the hell did you even manage to escape from that dungeon? I locked you in!"

"Pfft, you really thought some defeat and lock would keep me cooped up in that dungeon? Yeah, whatever you say honey. Do you have anything to say, Neptune?" she focused her attention on the shirtless man.

Neptune's eyes were still glowing a crimson red, "No." He said simply.

"Well then. Without further ado, let's get this party started!"

Each of the grunts shouted as several Abomasnow charged at the five trainers. Silver, taking over as the leader of this five man team, alerted each member of team on exactly what to do.

"Okay, everyone. No need to bring out all your Pokemon at once. We each are going to use exactly one Pokemon to take care of these Abomasnows. If you have a Fire-type Pokemon or a Pokemon that knows Fire-type moves, let's not use it just yet. Let's wear down our opponents and then come at them with flames, alright?"

"Gotcha!" Gold smirked, taking out his Pokeball and holding it up to his ear.

"Copy!" Crys nodded, removing a Pokeball from her waistband.

"Okay!" Dawn exclaimed as she reached for her bag, deciding not to use Pyra and follow Silver's orders.

Diamond slipped nodded and made an audible sound. He took out a Pokeball from his pocket and pressed the pressure sensor on it as the Pokeball enlarged.

"Let's go!" Silver shouted, "Honchkrow, standby! Night Slash!"

The large, crow Pokemon was released from its Pokeball. It flew above the incoming Abomasnow. Upon hearing Silver's attack command, Honchkrow glided up a tad higher, its wings become shrouded in dark, shadow energy. Finally, it began to zip down, the Dark Pokemon's wings coming in contact with two Abomasnow' stomachs.

"C'mon, Aitaro!" Gold tossed his Pokeball to the ground as it burst open. An Ambipom stood there, swaying its two tails furiously as two Abomasnows came at it. Aitaro smirked and spun around, slapping one tail at the first Abomasnow, and his other tail at the second Abomasnow. The large Frost Tree Pokemon ended up butting heads with one another and collapsed to the ground.

Gold grinned and gave Aitaro a thumbs up, who in return gave Gold a thumbs with his two tails, "Too easy, right Aitaro?"

Three more Abomasnows grabbed the Ambipom and tossed it into the snow filled skies.

"Oh crap." Gold stated, looking up at his airborne Pokemon

"Help's on the way!" Crys shouted, "Help out Aitaro, Chanpeon!" She kicked her Pokeball into the sky was a Hitmonchan went airborne as well, jumping up to grab Aitaro just before it reached the Abomasnows possession. Chanpeon landed on the ground gracefully and sat down Aitaro. Nodding at Crys, the Hitmonchan ran at the Abomasnows, his hands becoming engulfed in flames.

Silver sneered at her, "I told you to save your Fire attacks!"

Crys snapped back, "I have my reasons, Silver! Let's go Chanpeon!"

Chanpeon began to Fire Punch each of the incoming Abomasnows' guts, severely scorchiing and leaving degree burns on their large stomachs.

Finally, our Sinnoh heroes decided to get in the action once five Abomasnows stumbled in their direction. Diamond smirked and said, "Sam, let's continue that streak we started against, Dad." He tossed the Pokeball into the air as it burst opened. Out came the Gallade and it immediately dove down to the Abomasnows, Fury Cutting each of their faces before backflipping and landing in front of Diamond, waiting on another command.

Dawn smiled and said, "Glad to see Sam again. Now it's my turn. Boom Boom!" She threw her Pokeball off of Abomasnow's face as it burst open, releasing her Buizel, Boom Boom, "Agility into Sonic Boom!"

Boom Boom began running aroud the pack of Abomasnow frantically. Slowly, the Buizel began to pick up speed, every so often, firing sharp sound waved at the Frost Tree Pokemon.

As the battle raged on, eventually, the Abomasnow collapsed to the ground. Each of them were defeated by the team work of each of the five trainers.

Gold smirked, wiping his nose, "Well, that was relatively easy. I expected a much tougher challenging."

"Don't let your guard up, Gold." Silver quickly stated, his red hair covering his right eye, "The battle is not over. Far from it in fact." He pointed yonder as a large Pokemon could be seen. A young man stood on top of it, dressed in a lavender suit, holding an ice sculpture of a rose in his hand.

Dawn's jaw dropped, "Oh my gosh. It's him!"

Diamond looked to her, "Who?"

The young man smirked and threw the ice rose down to Dawn's feet similar to the way a ninja throws a kunai. He jumped off of his Pokemon, which was a Mamoswine, and landed elegantly on his feet in the snow, "X. Long time no see, Dawn. It appears now that I won't be saving you. A thousand apologies. Mamoswine Blizzard!"

Mamoswine inhaled as deep as possible before exhaling a the fiercest blizzard on the young heroes. Each of their Pokemon was frozen upon impact and Crys and Silver were also victims of being frozen. In the nick of time, Gold managed to release his Typhlosion, Typhlo, to melt the blizzard that was headed towards him, Diamond, and Dawn.

"Let's move!" Diamond shouted as he led the now trio into the coniferous tree forest. Each of them hid behind a tree and tried to communicate while Neo Team Rocket took the frozen icicles of the Pokemon, Silver, and Crys back to the fort.

"Now what? We don't have a plan!" Dawn whispered to Diamond and Gold.

"Tell me about. I'm not as good in tight situations like Silver. We're pretty much sunk, pal."

Diamond grinned and said, "Dawn, you're forgetting the Intelligent Being. I'm every bit as smart as Silver. I've been coming up with strategies up to this point and I know I can find a way to save Crys, Silver, and our Pokemon. You guys just have to--"

BOOM!

Mamoswine had launched an Ancientpower near the clearing in the forest.

"Come out, come out, where ever you are!" X said in a sing-songy tune.

"--trust me. Shhh be quiet."

Each of them stood tightly on their tree, trying to remain unseen as Mamoswine and X loudly hiked past them and further into the forest. Once it was clear, Diamond reached into his pocket and took out a Pokeball.

"Ok, we're going to have to build a fort of our own. We're going to need all of our Pokemon to help, alright?"

Gold and Dawn nodded as Diamond began to explain phase one of his plan.

-----

Meanwhile...

Uranus approached Pluto from behind as the Neo Team Rocket leader remained at the window, "Ma'am, we've managed to frostbite five Pokemon and two of the trainers."

"And the other three?"

"Still out there ma'am. X is on patrol of the forest right now."

"Good. X will show no mercy. That's why he's my greatest admin."

Uranus rolled her eyes and said, "Where do you want them, ma'am?"

"Bring them to me, as soon as possible."

"Yes ma'am."

-----

In Snowpoint City...

Pearl ran through to the clearing of the Snowpoint Forest and stopped once he got to Lake Acuity, "Great! I'm here before Team Galactic!" He approached the Lakefront and stared at the frozen lake, "It's frozen!"

"Obviously," said a voice from behind him.

Pearl quickly turned around and came face to face with Jupiter. He chukled and wagged his finger at her, "Alright. I was here first so you have to leave."

"Yeah, that works everytime." Jupiter said sarcastically, folding her arms. She quickly reached for her belt and held up a Pokeball. Her Goons skated onto the lake and headed for the central cave, "I'll take care of the fool. He'll be easy to beat."

"That hurt right here!" Pearl pointed to his chest, "You're going to pay for hurting my heart!" He took out a Pokeball and pointed back at Jupiter.

(Next: Chapter 51: VS. Abomasnow! Pt. 2)

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
A'ight guys. I'm taking a brief hiatus because I need a break from writing what with school coming up. I know I know. Don't kill me... lol... Anyway, thanks for reading my fic and wish me luck in school this year, thanks. :)

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
Years
Its ok man, take your time, your story is amazing and the more time you wait the better it will be and the more excited we will be to see the next chapter! Good luck!

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 52: VS. Abomasnow! Pt. 2
dpmfa460.png

Over the next few hours, Diamond, Dawn, and Gold, along with their Pokemon, began building a replica fort of the one similar to Neo Team Rocket. Though the fort was built at a distance from the Neo Team Rocket fort, the evil organization decided not to attack it. Standing on the roof of the NTR Fort was Pluto. Though she could not see them, she knew that the trio was building a fort. Behind her stood Uranus and Neptune, ready, willing, and able.

Also on the roof were the frozen statues of Silver, Crys, Boom Boom, Chanpeon, and Honchkrow.

"Ma'am, I've place the statues behind you if you can sense them." Uranus spoke softly, staring yonder at the quickly built fort Diamond and the others were building.

"Good, yet I'm not satisfied. Where is X?" Pluto stated coldly.

"We are unaware of his coordinates ma'am. He may have gotten himself lost in the blizzard. It has been getting rougher every hour, so..."

"So nothing! No excu--"

Almost on cue, a loud boom could be heard from the bottom of the NTR Fort.

"What's going on?" Pluto shouted, losing her ground. She collapsed to the steel flooring of the roof and struggled to stand up do to the slipperiness. The ground began to shake as bits of icicles collapsed to the ground off the sides of the roof.

A giant snowball was planted firmly onto the front of the NTR Fort.

-----

Gold grinned, his eyes glistening from behind his goggles, "Right on point, Dia! Your Empoleon sure has a way with throwing ginormous snowballs!"

Diamond nodded, looking to Trident who was holding up another large snowball onto his back. The plan wasn't to destroy the fort, purposely anyway. Rather, they were trying to cause chaos amongst Team Rocket into a state of panic. Once they were in panic, Diamond, Dawn, and Gold could invade.

"Pull!" Dawn shouted to Trident as the Empoleon heaved the huge snowball towards the NTR Fort, damaging the southern wall even further.

-----

"Call X!" Pluto shouted as she was helped to her feet by Uranus. Neptune stormed down the steps to the inside of the fort and alerted all of the Grunts immediately via PA system, "Attention," he started, "Attention! We have an outside threat attacking the Fort. I repeat, an external threat attacking the fort. Please unload all Abomasnows immediately! Repeat, unload ALL Abomasnows ASAP!"

Instantly, several garage doors lifted up from the lower level of the NTR Fort, releasing a mass amount of Abomasnows heading in the southern direction to the other fort. Diamond ran towards the edge of the roof and looked down, "Damn, we've got company."

"It's time to bail then, right?" Dawn quickly stated, releasing Aves as Diamond released Pilot.

"Affirmative. You guys know the plan right? Dawn, you try and infiltrate the inside. Gold and I will try to retrieve the frozen bodies. We'll try to send them back to the cabin near the cave where we came out." Diamond informed them as Pilot wrapped his legs around his trainer's upper body, "This has to be perfect a'ight?" The egg wobbled a bit more inside his backpack, "Not now! Don't hatch yet!"

Almost listening to Diamond's words, the Egg stayed still and ceased wobbling... for now.

-----

While Pluto, Neptune, and Uranus left the roof, they seemingly forgot to carry the frozen statues with them. Gold, accompanied by Pilot, flew in and swooped up Boom Boom first, going with the fact that picking up the least weighing being would not waste that much time. With that, Dia flew back east towards the cabin again, but with the flight, Pilot grew more and more tired.

While Dia was flying towards the cabin, it was Gold's turn as he was accompanied by his Mantine, Mantaro. Gold flew in on the roof and grabbed Chanpeon. While he held onto the Chanpeon, he began to get an idea as he cross flight paths with Diamond, "Hey Diamond! Why don't we try to unthaw Honchcrow!? Go ahead and go for Crys... no wait... Silver! I wanna be the one to save her!"

Diamond nodded, with a weird expression his face, as he and Pilot flew back into the direction of the NTR Fort.

-----

Back in the NTR Fort control room.

There was an enormous beeping from the Richter scale indicator on a screen in front of Uranus. The Admin studied the black screen and pointed to a green dot in between their fort and Diamond's fort, "There it is! Dialga!"

Pluto's eyes widened as she touched the screen, feeling around the area of the dot, "Yes. That power is off the charts. We must raise it up immediately."

Just then, Neptune burst into the room, a grinning expression on his face, "We've just got word that X has returned!"

"Excellent." Pluto smiled, "Neptune, assist X. Uranus, gather a few Grunts and tried to ascend Dialga."

"Yes ma'am!" the two Admins shouted before leaving the office.

Pluto stared at the screen, though blind; the lime green lights reflected off her a pale, unseeing eyes as a wide, malicious smile grew upon her face.

-----

Once Diamond returned to the roof, he swooped up Crys's body and was about ready to signal Pilot into the eastern direction when Gold came in right behind him, landing on the roof. He released Typhlo as Diamond held Crys in his arms, "Why not try to unthaw the other Pokemon?"

"That's what I'm about to do, but Mantaro is tired and can't last much long flying without any water." Gold nodded, returning Mantaro to her Pokeball and signaling Typhlo to unthaw Honchkrow's body, "Honchkrow has enough strength to carry Silver and I back to the cabin. I'll stay there and try to unthaw everyone without hurting them."

The two boys flew back toward the cabin. Inside, the construction men observed the frozen Buizel and Hitmonchan and began poking at them.

"Er... these li'l fellers suren't aren't wise fer goin' in the cold. Horrible trainin' if ya ask meh."

Diamond and Gold later burst through the door, "Step away from the bodies!" They both shouted as Diamond set Crys down beside Boom Boom and Gold set Silver beside Chanpeon.

"Get going!" Gold shouted.

Diamond nodded quickly without answering. He ran outside where Pilot was waiting on him, "Eh, you're gonna have to have a break after all this Pilot. But all this flying is definitely benefiting you."

Pilot had a slight twinkle in his eyes when Diamond said that and happily picked up Diamond, flying them back to the NTR Fort.

-----

"Get'er!"

Dawn was struggling as she flew above the Abomasnows and X's Mamoswine. X stood on top of Mamoswine, pointing at Dawn and Aves, "Freeze that floozy!"

The Abomasnows and Mamoswine fired a Blizzard attack in unison while Aves managed to maneuver through the harsh, wintry condition attacks.

"Ugh!" Dawn's nails sank into Aves skin, "Sorry Aves! I'm trying to hang on! But if I fall, I'm done for!" They flew near a window and burst through it, shattering the glass. Dawn stumbled onto the blue tile. She quickly returned Aves to his pokeball and creeped down the hall, peeking around the corner to see if anyone was coming. When there wasn't anyone, she ran for it and headed to find Pluto's office.

-----

As Gold neared the Fort again, he noticed Pilot began to sink, and sink, and sink, before collapsing to the ground, letting go of Diamond in the process. Diamond landed face first onto the ground as the Egg snapped out of his backpack and rolled into the crowd of Abomasnows and Mamoswine.

"Crap." Diamond quickly said, reaching up with his Pokeball and returning Pilot, while jumping to his feet. He grabbed two Pokeball from his pocket and released Sam and Trident at the same time, "Cover for me guys! The egg is loose!"

He dove for the ground and slid on his stomach before scooping up the egg. He slid further between several Abomasnows' legs and stopped once he bumped into Mamoswine's hide The giant Pokemon lifted its foot and slammed it down into Diamond's direction, but the boy was quick to react and rolled out of the way, looking up at X standing on Mamoswine's back.

"So you've come out of hiding? Thought you had me lost in that forest didn't you? Nope. All I had to do was knock down a few trees along the way," he sniffed his frozen rose, as if it had a scent, "Ah, the snow. So beautiful yet dangerous. Mamoswine, he's yours."

Mamoswine exhaled deeply out of its snout as warm air was released from its nostrils. It charged after Diamond who continued to roll and roll and roll before eventually getting to his feet. The trainer made sure he secured the Egg in his grasp, because he didn't want to lose it. As he ran from Mamoswine, he prayed, "Please, please, please let this Pokemon have a normal life when it hatches! Please!" Diamond looked back to see if Mamoswine was still chasing him, "Yep, still chasing me."

While Diamond was on the run, Sam and Trident took care of business by wiping out the hundreds of Abomasnow. Once Diamond's two leader Pokemon notice that he was in trouble, they were quick to hop on Mamoswine's trail.

-----

Dawn continued quietly down the hall before climbing up a flight of stairs that led to a dark and dank office room. The only light source in the room was coming from a black and lime green lighted screen. There was no one in the room, so Dawn took it as an open shot. She walked quietly over to the screen and stared at it. Mainly, there was nothing but green icons that were shaped like trees surrounded the entire screen, but there were other points such as a dark orange block that was the Fort she was currently in, as well as a smaller, teal block indicating the fort that they had built. But the most noticeable icon was a rugged cyan shape.

"Okay, what the heck is that thing." She touched the screen, pointing the rugged, cyan icon. The screen zoomed in on the icon was further detailed and now had yellow dots on it shaped like a cross, "Hunh?"

"It's none of your business, but if you must know, it is Dialga." said a voice from behind Dawn as the door slammed shut. The voice was very obvious to Dawn as she looked around the room.

"Pluto." she said quietly, "What do you want with Dialga? What could you possibly want? World power? Respect? Honey, that's not the way to get it."

"Hm, you sound just like Vol--," she stopped, "That's none of your business either, I'm afraid. You and your acquaintances have been interfering with my hopes and dreams one enough. I see that if you want something done, you must do it yourself," Pluto came out of the shadows, her pale eyes staring into Dawn's, "Arm yourself." She held out a Pokeball.

Dawn stepped back a bit before reaching for the Pokeball strap on her thigh, "Gladly."

(Next: Chapter 53: VS. Abomasnow! Pt. 3)

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 53: VS. Abomasnow! Pt. 3
dpmfa460.png

Diamond panted heavily as he ran in the opposite direction of X and his Mamoswine. He held his Egg in his possession closely so that he would not lose it and to keep it warm from the intense freezing conditions at the moment. Part of him wanted to reach for his pocket for Rose's Pokeball, but he did not want to risk dropping his Egg again. So, Diamond continued to bob and weave through several coniferous trees before hiding behind one once he 'lost' Mamoswine.

He began to cough, needing to catch his breathe, but he knew that he could not stop now or surely he would be caught or worse.

"Come out, come out wherever you are!" X pointed towards a nearby tree as Mamoswine fired an Ice Beam at the innocent tree, knocking it down. Unfortunately for X, Diamond was not behind that tree, "Oh, come on, chap! I just want to talk to you. You don't have to run! I just want to be your frie--whoa!"

X maintained his balance after feeling a shaking disturbance coming from the rear end of Mamoswine. Sam and Trident were now behind him, attacking at the Mamoswine trying to get its attention. Apparently, it worked, seeing as how Mamoswine quickly turned on its heels and thrusted its tusks right in Sam and Trident's chests. Sam flipped back and landed on two feet and a hand, while Trident thudded to the ground on his back. The Gallade quickly ran over to help Trident and began to communicate with it.

As the two Pokemon were conversing over a strategy, X approached them, "You two! You almost knock me over. Heh, whaddya know? Two Pokemon discussing a plan to stop me? Yeah, right. Mamoswine, hit 'em with another Fury Attack!"

Mamoswine extended its tusks once again and rammed the ivory horns in Trident's and Sam's direction. Trident managed to avoid the tusk, while Sam flipped up and grabbed a hold to the left tusk, gripping it tightly. This process cause Mamoswine to be upset. The Mammoth Pokemon began shaking its head violently, trying to fling Sam off of it. While Mamoswine was occupied with Sam, Trident ran further into the forest where he found Diamond bundling up the Egg inside the front of his jacket.

"Hey Trident. Where's Sam?" Diamond stood up, reaching into his back pocket for Rose's Pokeball.

Trident pointed in the western direction before running into the pointed direction. Eventually, Diamond followed suit and ran after Trident.

-----

As Mamoswine was attempting to shake Sam off of its tusk, X was sent flying into the bark of a tree and slowly fell to the snow ground. By now, the blizzard was becoming harsher, making visibility limited. Diamond shielded his eyes as he saw Mamoswine's huge figure and pointed to it, "There it is!" But his attention immediately went to X when he noticed the young man slipping into a nearby hole.

X hung on for his life with one hand as Diamond ran over to try and help him out. Diamond extended his hand to X, "Give me your hand! I'll pull you up!"

"Never," X said seriously, "I wouldn't dare be aided by an opponent."

"Quit being stubborn! Your life is at stake. Give me your hand! Come on! It's only a matter of time before you slip and fall in, dude!"

"So be it!" X nodded and willingly let go of the top of the hole and fell to his apparent suicide.

Diamond stood up, exhaling deeply before shaking his head quickly, "He wasn't a friend of ours, why should I care." He nodded and turned around, noticing Trident landing a few Water Guns on Mamoswine's back. By this time, Sam had let go of Mamoswine's tusk. Diamond studied the battle for a moment and then looked yonder at two trees closely together. His attention went back to the battle and then the two trees, "Got it! Trident! Sam! Run in between those two trees. Now!"

Trident and Sam both nodded and began to run between the two trees. Likewise, Mamoswine charged after them, but as Trident and Sam ran past the trees, the over sized Pokemon was caught in between them, unable to get out. Its body collapsed to the ground as the Mammoth Pokemon strained to pull itself out from between the trees, but, alas, it could not succeed.

Diamond grinned and sprinted in the direction of the fort, "Leave Mamoswine here guys, we gotta go help Dawn!"

-----

As Diamond, Trident, and Sam reached the premises of the NTR Fort, a new fleet of Abomasnow appeared in front of the fort, appearing to guard it from any further intruders. Standing behind the Abomasnows was Neptune, whose eyes still had the eerie red glow to it, "Attack him!"

The Abomasnow roared and rumbled in Diamond's direction, but the Trainer was unmoved. He stood his ground as he reached into his pocket and got out Rose and Dex's Pokeballs, releasing the Skuntank and Pachirisu. Sure, he only had four Pokemon to go up against a dozen of Abomasnows, but Diamond was positive that he could at least take down the majority of them, or perhaps die trying. He was really hoping for the first one. Then, it was on.

"Trident, Drill Peck! Sam, Psycho Cut! Rose, Flamethrower! Dex, Super Fang! Let's go!"

Trident led his troops into battle and started off by spinning his body in a drill like motion with his pointed beak getting sharper and sharper. Once it neared a few Abomasnows, the Empoleon pierced each one of them with its drill like beak, knocking them out upon impact. Once he was completed, Trident placed one foot on top one of the Abomasnows and posed like a superhero, saluting Diamond in the process.

Next came Sam. The Gallade's elbow blades lit up in an aura of fuchsia light. He dashed forward at the incoming Abomasnow and leaped up, crossing his blades and then slashing each foe before landing on the ground smoothly on one knee. Sam turned around to face the opposition as the Abomasnows he attacked collapsed to the ground.

Rose and Dexter, in the meantime, were surrounded by the remaining Abomasnow, but Diamond was sure that they could handle them after the given orders. The Skuntank and Pachirisu stood back to back and sprang into action. Rose opened her mouth and unleashed a powerful Flamethrower, burning every Abomasnow in her path, while Dex jumped from one Abomasnow's shoulder to the next, gnawing down on the sides of their faces. Once Dex finished biting, Rose contributed by burning the bitten Abomasnows with her Flamethrower, putting on the finishing touches to the war.

At the end of the battle, all that stood were Diamond and his Pokemon, facing Neptune who stood there and disbelief.

The Water-type Gym Leader immediately grabbed his head as his eyes turned back to normal for a split second, "Ah! Ahhh!" His eyes then turned back to that devious red glow, "So you've think you've won this match, don't you? Are you proud of your accomplishment of beating all of Neo Team Rocket's Abomasnows?"

Diamond shrugged nonchalantly with a smirk on his face, "When you put it like that, yes, I am very proud of this accomplishment. And thing about it is that I barely lifted a finger." He held the egg close to his body inside his jacket, protecting it.

Neptune returned Diamond's smirk with a villainous smirk of his own, "Well then, I'll gladly wipe that smirk off your damn face." He held a Pokeball to the sky and ripped off his wrestling mask, showing his face now, "In case you didn't watch me when I was a wrestler, when I rip my mask off, I'm dead serious about winning a match. A Pokemon battle is no different! Prepare to lose!"

-----

Back at the cabin...

"And that's everything that has happened up until this point." Gold explained everything to a now defrosted Silver and Crys. Both of them were bundled up warmly in a wool blanket and drank hot coffee.

Silver stood up, looking outside the window at the blizzard, "We've got to get back out there. I owe it to them for saving me. Saving us, Crys and I. We must help them now." He tossed the blanket off of him and headed towards the door.

Gold blocked his path, "No! Not yet. We have to wait for Diamond and Dawn's signal. It's part of the plan Diamond came up with. He'll signal us when he and Dawn need help. Until then, you guys need to get warmed up before you go anywhere."

"He's right Silver," Crys nodded, sipping her hot chocolate, "...we should wait a little bit longer before we head out. I need some time so that my body can heat up. A girl in spandex can only stay warm for so long in a blizzard."

"Tell me about it." Gold grinned, looking her up and down. Crys immediately smacked his face, causing the perverted lad to hit the deck.

-----

Inside the Neo Team Rocket Fort office...

Dawn's Infernape and Pluto's shiny Weavile had just traded blows, each leaping back in front of their trainers and standing guard, waiting on the next command. From the looks of it, Pyra was a bit warn out by the ability of Weavile.

Dawn clenched her left fist and held it to her chest and thought, "We clearly have a type advantage, and yet Weavile still has the upper hand. It must be because that it is also of the shiny breed. Eh..."

"What's the matter?"

Dawn quickly looked up.

"You're not afraid you'll lose are you?" Pluto's blind eyes stared at the ground before you, "I can sense by your vibrations that you're nervous. You're worried that I just may beat you. Don't worry, all this is true. I will beat you and bring back honor to family when I ascend Dialga from its frozen prison! Weavile, Poison Jab!"

Weavile crossed its claws and ran quickly at Infernape. The Weasel Pokemon leaped into the air and scratched Pyra across the face before the Infernape had a chance to defend. Pyra fell to one knee, tending to her now poisoned face.

"Hmm, how unfortunate. You seemed like a trainer who had potential when put on the side of Neo Team Rocket." Pluto smiled innocently, yet mysteriously, like a little girl in a horror movie, "But not to worry, you will be banished to a time wrinkle once I get around to awakening Dialga!"

Dawn's eyes widen as she quivered, "Time wrinkle? What is she talking about? How serious are Neo Team Rocket?"

(Next: Chapter 54: VS. Weavile II!)

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
Years
Awesome two chapters. I always enjoy reading them =) Diamond shows his skills very well and I can't wait to see what happens between him and Neptune. Same for Dawn. Can't wait for vs. Weavile III

Back