• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Epic Challenge: Hoenn Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    A Lot of Spots Are Open! Torchic, Bagon, Skitty, and the choice of Ralts or Corphish is Available for Anybody Wishing to Participate! Place Your Sign-Up in the ooc Thread!

This is the Main Thread of the RP, and it's only for people who have signed up in the OOC thread. I repeat, only for people who have signed up.
    The ooc thread is located here.

These are the people signed up:
    Treeko: Pikalover10
    Torchic:
    Mudkip: Fiver

Skitty:
    Makuhita: CTFx
    Electrike: Slytherfang
    Bagon:
    Corphish/Ralts:

Just placing the rules, info, etc. here as well for reference.
    Plot
    Welcome to the world of Pokemon! It is a vast and diverse land filled with many unique creatures called Pokemon. Trainers set off on journeys to capture these creatures and train them in battle to be the best. On their journey, they challenge special trainers called gym leaders and collect gym badges from them when they defeat them in battle.
    You have heard many tales and legends about trainers who have traveled these lands and were brave and powerful enough to defeat gym leaders and collect their badges. Some of them are even from your hometown of Littleroot!
    Wanting to be just like these trainers, you have decided to start your own journey with Pokemon. With a new unique pokemon, and partner, you will set off into the vast world of pokemon. Your ultimate goal is to challenge the gym leaders and collect all eight badges and then go on to the Pokemon League for a chance at becoming the Champion.
    But it isn't as easy as it sounds. You must travel through the world with your new partner and battle through many obstacles. Battling together, you must capture wild pokemon to build your team and defeat the many challenging trainers that are all after the same goal as you- becoming the best.
    You may even run into the two teams terrorizing the region of Hoenn- Team Magma and Team Aqua. Team Magma's goal is to cover the whole world with land, while Team Aqua's dream is to drown the whole world in water. It may only be up to you and your fellow trainers to put a stop to their plans for the world.
    So be brave and step into the world of Pokemon! There will be tough challenges and hard times, but you must push through. On the path you may meet many friends, make new rivals, and will be depended and trusted on by other trainers. Be strong and battle through all the way to the Pokemon League!

Rules
    1.) Be Active!! This has to be one of the most important rules in the rp! We can't keep this rp running if no one ever posts. You must be able to post every one or two days. Pm me if you're going away or can't make it to the computer for awhile. We'll work it out.
    2.) No legendaries will be caught in this rp! If you don't like it, I'm sorry. Later on in the rp, you'll be able to work with some legendary pokemon, though.
    3.) Do not god-mod or bunny any other of the players. Unless you have gotten permission from that player, do not completely control another person. I will have a serious problem if you break this rule.
    4.) Follow the personality and history that you made for you character. It makes no sense to make a happy, light personality for your character and then make them mad all the time in the rp. This is why you're making them!
    5.) Have Fun!! This is another important rule. Do not sign-up if you have no intention of having fun. Put some effort into your posts and help make this rp enjoyable!​

Game Play
    When all the slots are taken, we will begin the rp.
    Like most rps, I will not be participating in this rp. Instead, I will be the "Game Master", controlling many characters such as Proffesor Birch, both Teams, Wild Pokemon, Gym Leaders, etc.
    You will be in charge of your own character and your own pokemon. For your pokemon, you will be in charge of the moves they learn, if you want for them too evolve, etc. You cannot godmod other players' pokemon and actions (like mentioned in the rules). If trying to capture a wild pokemon, I will decide whether you have caught it or not, and what its level is depending on the quality of your post.
    This rp will be in "Chapter Form." This means I will post a chapter with information of the area you are in, and what you're allowed to do. There will be no specific order to post in, but you must wait in between each of your posts to wait for me to grade your post. In this grading, I will tell you the level boosts your pokemon have gotten, the moves they are, or trying to, learn, the items you've gotten, etc.
    Please refer to the RolePlay rules if you have any more questions, or Pm me.​

(This is only for the peopel who have have signed up and have been Accepted)
    Chapter One: Save the Professor!
    (1 Post)
    Description: Professor Birch was what you can call a "Nature Guy." If you asked any of his lab assistants, they would tell you that he spends more time out in the fields, researching, than he does in his own lab.

It was just a normal day for the Professor. Grabbing his briefcase, he set off towards Route 101 to just do another day of research. He knew that new trainers were coming in, but he still had some time to do a little research and observation. After settling into an area, he clicked open his case, exposing seven pokeballs. These were special pokemon he used for his research.

But then, suddenly, all the pokeballs clicked open, and all seven pokemon came out. The professor turned around in shock and looked at his seven different pokemon. But then, even more surprising, all of them attacked the professor. The professor was taken too much by shock to react. As he got a distance away from his pokemon, he could see all their pokeballs just laying there, but there was no way he could get to them.

The professor then saw seven trainers run over to the scene. They were standing right next to the pokeballs.

"Please, help me!" the professor pleaded. "See those pokeballs? Throw one at a pokemon!"

What you do: You have received a letter from the professor explaining to come to his lab so he can start you, and seven other trainers, on their pokemon journeys. Simply wake up, go to the lab to find the professor not there, and go in a group with the other trainers to find the professor on Route 101. To save him, pick up one of the pokeballs and explain throwing it at the starter pokemon that you picked. That's it!

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Max woke up topling out of his bed. It was his tenth birthday today and he was soooo excited to get his very first pokemon. He closed his bedroom door and put on his red T-shirt, his black pants,his brown running shoes, his pokemon league hat he got when he went to one of the leagues, and his necklace that had a Sharpedo tooth on it. He left his hair like it was, black spiky/messy as it was. His dad often nagged at him about it and Max suspected he did it so that it was like he still had a mom.

He grabbed the letter from Proffessor Birch that said

Dear Begining Trainer,

Hi. Proffessor Birch here! I want you and 7 other trainers to come by my lab and pick out your starting pokemon! I hope that you and those other trainers have a wonderful time being a trainer.
    -Proffessor Birch.

Max slipped the letter into his posket and put his backpack on. He ran out the door into the middle of Littleroot Town. Where he met 7 other trainers. They went to the proffessor's lab. They knocked on it and the door opened. They all went inside and they split up to find the proffessor, but he was nowhere there.

Suddenly they all heard a loud scream coming from Route 101. They all ran outside onto the route to find Proffessor Birch being attacked by seven pokemon.

"Quick grab any pokeball and throw it at the pokemon you want!" He yelled.

Max ran up to a pokeball along with a bunch of other trainers and looked at all the pokemon. He knew each and every one of them. There was a Torchic, a Mudkip,a Treeko, a Skitty, a Makuhita, a Electric, and a Bagon. Torchic, Makuhita, Bagon, and Electric were already taken. He looked at the remaining pokemon and threw his pokeball at the Treeko. It wriggled back and forth. Back and forth. Then suddenly it stopped moving and he caught the Treeko.

"Yes. I caught...a Treeko!" He yelled.

Years
    -Beep Beep-

As the alarm beeped noisly Cade tossed and turned trying to find the snooze button.

- Beep Beep -

" Grrr, Fine Im up Im up" , Cade snikered angrily at the alrm clock.

As Cade went over to the bathroom he noticed an envelope on his desk he went to pick it up.

Dear Cade Williams,
    I have sent this letter to request your presence at my Lab today, I Profeesor Birch have decided it is time for you to start your very own Pokemon journey, i hope you are able to make it as i have some starter pokemon waiting so be quick so you can choose the one you desire.
    - Sincerly Proffesor Birch

Cade had read the letter through several times before realising what the words meant, it was time he started his own journey into the world of pokemon, Cade immediatly ran to get dressed and grab his backpack before bolting out the door.

As he made the trek towards the Proffesors lab Cade kept tthinking what ind of pokemon he would be receiving, would it be a zigzagoon, a wurmple or even a treeko, Cade had no idea what to expect but upon arriving at the professors lab he noticed a group of trainers already gathered.

" Where could he be", Said a young looking boy around age 10.

" I have no idea, but he better hurry"' Replied another.

After a few minutes Cade and the other trainers entered the Lab only to find the Proffesor was no where to be found, thoughas they left the heard what seemed to be cries in the distance.

"Help, Help me please"' Yelled the mysterious voice.

As the trainers rushed towards the voice they noticed it was the Professor and he was being attacked by several different pokemon.

"Please, help me!" the professor pleaded. "See those pokeballs? Throw one at a pokemon!"

Before Cde had a moment to think he noticed the other trainers had already made a dash for the pokeballs, Cade quickly followed and as he grabbed the red a white ball, he looked at the pokemon quickly deciding which one to catch, within seconds though pokeballs flew towards the different pokemon, and Cade noticed out of the corner of his eys a Mudkip he immediatly made his way to the pokemon , only to trip over a branch and lose grip of the pokeball.

The pokeball flew up high and instead of going towards Mudkip it went towards the small Makuhita and hit him dirrectly on the head, the pokeball shaked vigrously but suddenly stopped.

" Very well then", Cade Exclaimed " I Caught a Makuhita".

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Pikalover10: Good post. The rp will give you a little more freedom to be creative later.

To Inferno2991: Also a good post. I like how your character tripped and the threw the pokeball at the wrong pokemon.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Chapter One: Save The Professor!

As the sun rised in all its glory, a young teenage boy yawned as he leaned himself up. His name was James, popular amoung, well everyone. Today, he was going to get his first Pokémon and go on his journey to become a Pokémon Master. With his neck length blond hair that still looks very good even as he just woken up. He reached to the side of his bed to grab his watch from his bed-side table, strapping it around his skinny wrists. He sighed and nodded to the ceiling. "Today's the day" James said to himself in a calm, well mannered voice.

Around half an hour later, James was ready to go and get his Pokémon, in his usual white hoodie and brown shorts he looked to his watch on his wrist and gasped as he realised the time. "I'm late! Oh shoot!" the blond hair riffled back as he ran to the front door grabbing his door keys on the side. He rushed out the house leaving the door shut feeling the gentle breeze of the wind. "I hope there's some Pokémon left!" the rather small teenager thought to himself as he sprinted down the road in the direction of Professor Elms Laboratory.

Upon arriving outside the laboratory, no one was there. He walked up to the windows of the rather tall concrete building. Looking inside, he saw no sign of Professor Birch or the trainers. He stayed calm though. "Just relax James, there must be a logical explanation for this. Your a cool dude" The boy whispered to himself, smiling as he said the last few words. James started to think, realising he left the letter sent to him by Professor Birch saying to come to the lab. He reached his hand into his right pocket and pulled it out.

Dear James, I hope you receive this letter well. Please come by my laboratory later to collect your first Pokémon, six other trainers will be there aswell. So get here early.

- Professor Birch.

"Well I'm not exactly early am I? I guess I better go look around for them. Maybe they went to the the lake. I guess I better head there and stop talking to myself. Someone might see, then who's the laughing stock? OH stop it me, myself and I. Argh!" James ran off to the lake nearby after shrugging off his, well you read it.

Up at the lake, he noticed the other trainers holding Pokéballs in their hands. Seven Pokémon and six other trainers were there with Professor Birch standing there looking at eachother. James ran over to the trainers and looked over to Mudkip who looked awfully confused. "James, throw the Pokéball! Do it now!" The Professor shouted out as he saw James rushing over, the blond teenager looked around for the Pokéball. Then realising, it was in the case right infront of him. He slapped himself on the forhead and picked it up, without delay. He threw the ball at the blue fish like Pokémon, without it realising. The ball was then left on the floor, James went over to pick it up. "Smells a bit fishy" he joked as he lifted it. A few of the trainers laughed, the others were more concentrated on the Professor and the Pokémon.

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To BrianGabriel: That was a good post except that there really isn't a lake in route 101. :) Oh well, it was still alright.

If you have already participated in the beginning of my last rp, then you can wait until route 102 to post or start over again. Whatever you want to do. Sorry for not mentioning this earlier!

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Kyle looked down at the scrunched up letter in his hands as he tried to hug nhis body warm, it was a chilly morning and the sun had just began to peak over the sun when he rose from the bush he had used as a bed for the night. He read it once more never able to bring himself to believe with out reading through it once more, but he knew well hoped this wasn't a forgery.

Once more his eyes turned to the paper as he slung his sack over his shoulder and continued his walk, the letter was short but it simplicity showed that soon things would be very very different.

Dear Hopeful Youth

After reading your past letter to me and your interest in becoming a pokemon trainer, I have chosen you and 7 other trainers to come to my lab and choose a pokemon from a selection to start you off on your journey.

Hoping this reaches you even with your current circumstance.

Prof. Birch

He let out a sigh then returned it to his old scruffy bag picking up the pace as he finnaly began to get close to the town. Little Root was a quaint town and Kyle quickly descided that this must be were many great people had been raised and lived in, he looked at the small houses as he got closer and closer to what must have been the lab sitting among the houses lkike a sore thumb, being the only large building in the town.

Knocking quickly on the door he looked in through the darkened windows, the lab dead with silence.

" Must not be here..." He said to himself before quickly turning away. And then he heard it the hustle of bustle down the road road began to echoe into the town and when he finnaly got their he noticed a large group of what could only be the trainer clugtching pokeballs and throwing them at pokemon as instructed by who could only be the panicing birch. Grabbing one of the balls he scoped the pokemon before spotting a Skitty and throwing it, at least it reminded him of the little group he had met on the way to the town.

The ball hit true, it rocked, first left then right then stopped clicking to a halt.

Kyle smiled.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To ~*Kanto*~: That was a good first post. The next part will be up soon for everybody!

Chapter One: Pt. 2: Littleroot town
    (1 post)
    Description: The professor looked at the nine trainers, relieved that they had come at just the right time. Going over to them, he thanked them over and over again, shaking each one of their hands, and apologizing at what a horrible professor he looked to be. After a few seconds, he looked at the trainers and told them to follow him back to his lab.

Each of the nine trainers followed the professor with the pokeball they used in their hand. None of them knew what might happen next. After a few minutes, they arrived in Littleroot and walked inside the lab of the professor's.

All trainers lined up in a horizontal line and waited for the professor. He paced back and forth as if he was thinking for a few minutes before he looked up at them again.

"I was very impressed by your performance out there today," he declared. "And because of it, I would like for you to take the pokemon you caught as your starter."

The professor actually had other pokemon set aside for them, but he knew this was for the best. He knew that these trainers probably felt a connection when they threw a pokeball at their very first pokemon.

Some of the trainers looked extremely excited by the news. Others looked surprised. One trainer looked totally indifferent. The professor guessed he had a rough personality.

Fiddling around on his desk, the professor pulled out nine things that looked like red, mechanical boxes.

"These are pokedexes," he explained while passing one out to each trainer. "They will help you record information on pokemon you see or catch. Try to fill your pokedex up as much as possible."

The professor then handed each new trainer five miniture pokeballs.

"Use these to capture wild pokemon like you did with your beginner," he said. "But remember that you'll have to weaken the pokemon first before you can catch it."

Many of the trainers nodded as if they understood. The professor set them off after a few moments and they traveled off to begin their pokemon adventure.

What you do: Explain your trip back to the lab, when you got your things in the lab, and then end your post at the entrance of Route 101. Then it'll be time to start your adventure!

Last edited:

Rinnosuke

-Nejibana
    Years
    Strange place here muttered Chaos this is where the man here said he would give me a pokemon on this note. Then he saw 7 pokemon two have already been taken. Professor birch said: Chose a pokemon any pokemon and handed Chaos a pokeball
    OK tossing the red and white ball in the air go pokeball!. A green and yellow wolf creature ran towards the pokeball and got caught. "This little guy looks strong" muttered Chaos "well he is one of the most headstrong pokemon there is" said Prof Birch. "Well I will do with that walking towards two boys talking"

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Max stood there as Proffessor Birch was shaking all of their hands and he was the last one to get his hand shaked. He thanked them for sving him and then he told them to follow him. He was the last one in the line. He looked at the scenery and noticed tons of different pokemon. Ones that were brown and tan and ones that were grey and black. He couldn't wait to start his adventure.

They soon arivved in Littleroot again and they walked inside his laboratory. He paced up and down as all of them were standing in a horizonatal line. He came to a halt and said "The pokemon that you sent the pokeball flying at will be your starters." He walked over to his desk and he opened one of the cabinets and pulled out 5 red mechanical objects. "These are pokedexs and they will tell you all you need to know about certain pokemon." he said handing them all out and of course...Max was the last one to get his.

He didn't like being the last one to shake Birch's hand, or be the last one in line, or even the last one to get there pokedex. Birch also handded out 5 pokeballs and Max was last again. "Why? Why am I always last!?" Max shouted out to Birch. Birch didn't respond because he appearently wasn't listening. This enraged Max. "Why aren't you listening? My name is Max and I'm going to be the greatest pokemon master of all time and I don't like being last at everything!!!!!" Max shouted furious. "See. It's that exact attitude that will put you at the very bottom of your goal!" Proffessor Birch scowled at Max. He flinched and looked away. "I'm sorry." he mumbled so quiet that Birch could barely make it out.

"Now these pokeballs will be used to capture wild pokemon like you did with your beginner. But remember to weaken the pokemon before you use it understood?" Birch asked looking at every single one of them and noticed that Max was still looking away. They all nodded their heads as if they understood. All of them except for Max. Birch sighed and then everyone set off on their journeys.

Max was held up by Birch after all the others had left and of course he again would have been last. "I'm sorry Max. I didn't mean to storm off at you but you shouldn't have shouted that stuff out at the moment." Birch said with Max's back to him. Max turned around and looked at Birch as if he didn't want to hear what the man was saying. "I don't care what you say because you don't care what I say or what I feel. You're just an old man who wants nothing but for the new beginners to set off and gather data for you while you sit back and relaxe!" Max yelled at him storming off.

Birch sighed again and noticed that Max had left his pokedex behind. Birch ran after Max and saw him sitting on a bench. "Max! You foregot your pokedex in the lab." Birch yelled after him. Max looked back at Birch and grabbed the mechanical machine. He didn't say a word just sat there looking beyond Route 101. He wnted to find out what happened to his mom so bad. He felt like there was an emptiness inside of him.

Birch was still standing there. "I'm sorry Proffessor Birch. It's just..." Max said. "I know what happened to your mother and I'm very sorry for that pain that was brought upon you." Birch said. He left and went back inside his laboratory and Max stood up with his new beginner pokemon in his hand. He smiled and put it onto his belt and walked to the enterance of Route 101. He saw a nice patch of grass and walked over and sat in it. He called his new pokemon out. "Tree!" It said. "So you're the pokemon Treeko huh?" Max asked looking at the pokemon. "Treeko Tree!" It said jumping on Max's head. Max laughed and rubbed Treeko's head and said "We're going to be the best of friends. Aren't we Treeko?" Treeko didn't here what Max said because he had fallen asleep.

"Treeko return." Max said as a red light shot out of the pokeball and enveloped Treeko. He laid on the grass and stared at the sky. "Mom. Don't worry I'm coming to get you." Max said as he smelled the fragrance of flowers and felt the breeze on his face and slowly. Very slowly fell asleep.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Kyle couldn't hear the professors words, he just stared at his hand the large apple size cool red and white ball still in his hand. He had done it. He had caught his first Pokemon. Shrugging his shoulder to make his bag more comfy he took Birches hand happiness spreading through his body as birch shook it thanking Kyle and apologizing for what had happened but Kyle did not care, he was just happy Birch was giving him this opportunity.

After Birch had shook everyones hand, the group of trainers where led back into the town were the quickly entered Birches lab, their he thanked them once more before finnaly getting on with buissness.

"I was very impressed by your performance out there today," he declared. "And because of it, I would like for you to take the pokemon you caught as your starter."

At this a broad grin spread across Kyle's, face but he kept quiet as the professor went on. The professor had quickly fiddled with something on his desk and turned round to reveal several small PDA like devices which he handed out to each of the.

"These are pokedexes," he explained while passing one out to each trainer. "They will help you record information on pokemon you see or catch. Try to fill your pokedex up as much as possible."

Taking the Pokedex and quickly thanking the Professor he looked at it, concentrating so greatly that he didnt notice the Professor handing out 5 small pokeballs, finnaly comeing to him Kyle look up slighlty shocked, smiled and again thanked him.

"Use these to capture wild pokemon like you did with your beginner," he said. "But remember that you'll have to weaken the pokemon first before you can catch it."

Just after this, one of the other trainers, a younger looking boy dressed in a red T-shirt, black pants, brown running shoes and a pokemon league, let out a cry of anger shouting something about always being last and how he would be the best pokemon master, but Kyle discarded this not listening as Birch lectured the young trainer before smiling warmly on the other and indicating our journey could begin.

At this, the others began to walk off leaving the lab they headed north and left the town of Little Root behind, route 101 lay before him now, and Kyle looked forward to one what the beggining of a great adventure.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Chapter One: Pt. 2: Littleroot town

The last Pokéball was thrown, the ball rolled as it finally stopped. A reliving noise came from the ball as the flashing red button in the middle faded to grey. James looked to who threw the ball, the boy was so excited as he ran to pick the ball up. James brushed back his hair as he looked over to Professor Birch getting onto his feet. He noticed the Professor brush himself off and then look at all of the trainers, who were conviniently in a horizantal line with James in the center.

The Professor ran over from one end to the next shaking everyones hand and apologising. James looked up at the Professor as he shook his hand continuenly like he was on drugs of some sort. "I'm terribly sorry, I must of made such a terrible impression on you all. I'm not a bad Professor, honest!" James thought he had gone mad, like psycho mad. But, as he is. James shrugged it off and made a polite smile as he pressed the middle white button on the Pokéball, shrinking it to a miniture red and white ball. He cliped the ball onto his belt as the Professor finished scaring everyone by shaking their hands.

"Okay, once again i'm deeply sorry. You see, I was heading out to rese.. wait. That doesn't matter, lets just head back to the laboratory. You can receive all you need for your Pokémon Journey there. I hope you said bye to your friends and family, i'm sure you'll all be too excited stop by and say your goodbyes if you havn't already. Oh look at me, i've drifted off again. Let's just go to the lab". After the Professor finished rumbling on, all of the soon to be trainers followed the Professor as he picked up the briefcase to the lab. James however, was wiery of following such a crazy man. But did so anyway.

The journey was short, just walking back through the plains of grass before reaching back to the main area in Littleroot Town. With not too many houses about and the shining sun gleaming onto the windows, it did make an exciting effect on the seven kids. The blue sky with no cloud in sight gave the all clear for a very good day indeed. Well, atleast that is what James thought.

After a while, the seven trainers including James reached their destination. They all headed inside after the Professor to see a white room with ironicly, a white table bang in the middle of it which happened to be his desk. With nine red Pokédexs on the desk, placed conviently after one another. As the last trainer came into the room last, with a slightly dissapointed face. The Professor walked up and down the room scratching his chin, whispering to himself. "I was right, he is mad" James thought to himself.

After them few awkward minutes, the Professor did snap back to reality and clicked his fingers, as if he knew what he was doing. He walked to his desk and looked at the Pokédexs. He picked a few up at a time and walked to the new trainers, he stopped once again and walked back to infront of his desk and leaned back onto it. He placed the Pokédexs back and spoke to the trainers.

""I was very impressed by your performance out there today," he declared. "And because of it, I would like for you to take the pokemon you caught as your starter." Some of the trainers looked extremely excited by the news. Others looked surprised. One trainer looked totally indifferent. The professor guessed he had a rough personality.

The Professor then reached for them same few Pokédexs again and went back to the trainer he was at previously, he handed him one of the Pokédexs and shook his hand. He did so for the two trainers next to him and went back for four more Pokédexs, two left. James was next to receive his Pokédex, the Professor gave him one and shook his hand, but as he did one of the Pokédexs slipped from his hand as he picked up to many. There was a few quiet laughs from the kids, but the Professor shrugged it off and picked it up.

After a minute or two, he gave what he thought all the Pokédexs out. He then realised there was one quite frustrated trainer left to receive one, he glared at the Professor. The mid-aged Professor went back to his desk to get the last one, rushing over to the frustrated trainer and handed it over to him, shaking his hand. The man nodded and went back to his desk.

"Why? Why am I always last!?" The trainer who received his Pokédex a few seconds ago yelled out in direction of the psycho Professor, as James called him. Birch didn't respond though, he most likely didn't bother listening. This just made the trainer even more angry. "Why aren't you listening? My name is Max and I'm going to be the greatest pokemon master of all time and I don't like being last at everything!" Max shouted out in a furious tone.

James looked to the Professor instead of Max as the others trainers did, he saw the Professor leap up onto his feet "See. It's that exact attitude that will put you at the very bottom of your goal!" Proffessor Birch scowled at Max. James was in shock as the Professor reacted. "I'm sorry." The trainer mumbled as he backed away like he had just turned from an Arcanine to a puny Pichu.

The Professor then caught back his breath and calmed down as he leaned back onto his desk. "These are pokedexes," he explained as he scratched his chin again, not rubbed. Scratched, odd ey? "They will help you record information on pokemon you see or catch. Try to fill your pokedex up as much as possible."

The professor then handed each new trainer five miniture pokeballs.

"Use these to capture wild pokemon like you did with your beginner," he said. "But remember that you'll have to weaken the pokemon first before you can catch it." James placed them all onto his belt, from his Mudkip onwards to the last empty one. He was now officially a registered Pokémon Trainer, of course it says on the Pokédex.

"You can now go and become Pokémon Masters!" The Professor said proudly as he leaned up once again from his desk. James and a few others ran out of the door, squeezing through it as everyone ran through at the same time. A few of the other trainers waited till after the rush, then headed out sensibly.

James rushed ahead of the other trainers, some may of went to say their goodbyes. James was too excited, he was normally laid back. But this was a whole new feeling, he jumped over benches and park swings to finally reached a pathway. He stopped and looked dead ahead, seeing a sign. He ran over there again and read the sign. "Route 101".

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Gallade of sand: I'm telling you, you have to pay way more attention to details, and the post was way too short. This will not be acceptable all the time. If I have to tell you something like this again, then I'm kicking you out. I don't need people who can't read or rp good.

To Pikalover10: Max has a little attitude going on, doesn't he? Anyway, good post. (But of course you have to finish it)

To ~*Kanto*~:Making your dialogue green isn't really necessary. It doesn't bug me or anything, you just don't have to do it. But anyway, I like how you include another character in this post (Max). It is great to make the post a little more interesting to read.

To BrainGabriel: Your post length is a great example on what it should be to everyone. Great job. And hey, Pichu is not puny! :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    To ~*Kanto*~:Making your dialogue green isn't really necessary. It doesn't bug me or anything, you just don't have to do it. But anyway, I like how you include another character in this post (Max). It is great to make the post a little more interesting to read.

yeh the colors are mainly for myself and others as i know my writing can sometimes be flawed and make it unclear who says what.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    There are some people who have not posted yet for chapter one, but the rp must go on. Three people, who were in my old Hoenn rp, are waiting for Route 102. Altin has until tomorrow and they will be kicked out.

I will update the trainers who already went through this route info soon.​

Chapter Two: Route 101 (Again...)
    (1 Post)
    Description: You just went on the route, so it it very familiar to you character. Surrounded by woods, it is a very queit and pleasant place to start your adventure. But be warned that wild pokemon that live on the route can sometimes be dangerous, especially for people who do not own pokemon. You may even run into trainers, beginners just like you, who will be itching to battle you. Note that if you are challenged, you must battle. It's just the law of a pokemon trainer...

Wild Pokemon
    Zigzagoon

Level- 2-5
    Type- Normal
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip (If level 5)
    Ability- Pickup/Gluttony
    Rarity- Common

Poochyena

Level- 2-5
    Type- Dark
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Tackle, Howl (If level 5)
    Ability- Run Away/Quick Feet
    Rarity- Common

Wurmple

Level- 2-5
    Type- Bug
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting (If level 5)
    Ability- Shield Dust
    Rarity- Common

Rules for a Route, Cave, etc.
    .You may battle trainers, just use the attacks you pokemon learn (refer to the ooc thread). The better, and more creative, your post is, the more experience your pokemon receives
    .You may find items/tms, but you post must be VERY creative, but stay realistic with your findings
    . On your travels, you will be able to capture wild pokemon listed on the information for the route. The more rare the pokemon is, the more creative and decent your post must be (Of course, it does not matter on this route because all the pokemon are common). While trying to capture a pokemon, after you mention throwing a pokeball at the pokemon, END YOUR POST THERE. I will decide whether you caught the pokemon and how strong it will be. This, once again, depends on the quaility of your post.
    .Your post MUST be decent length. Check out Zimvee or pieCakeyy's rps for examples on what your rp should look like. I will give you about two chances, or two slides, with post length and then I will kick you out. For your post to be decent length you must include a lot of detail on what you're talking about.

So get out there and begin your Pokemon Adventure! This is only the beginning for everyone!

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Chapter Two: Route 101

'Route 101'. James wasn't out of breath at all, he stood there by the sign and the entrance to the woods. Bang in the middle of the pathway, James turned around to look behind and saw no trainer behind him. "I wonder where the others are" he said. "I guess they were too slow, ah well. I get a head start on becoming a Pokémon Master!" James said to himself proudly.

The new Pokémon Trainer took a deep breath and took his first step on his journey in the world of the World of Pokémon. Making that first step into the woods of Route 101 wasn't a normal, it brought a whole new world to James, a feeling he never felt before. The excitement was too exilerating for him, but he carried on walking none the less.

After a few minutes of walking, James was surounded by the woods. Tall trees that reached far into the sky, with untidy grass of all lengths. There was open space though, which allowed the sun to give its light. James followed the open areas, but he knew that he had to be brave to become a Pokémon Master. Those who are afraid of their own adventure, wont succeed the boy thought. So, he halted. Looking around, he walked off the grass pathway and walked into the tall trees.

The light was slowly fading away, hearing flickering in the leaves and bushes. James thought about turning back, but in his white hoodie and brown shorts. He carried on walking, trying to stay calm. Deep heavy breaths and long pauses of silence. Was this the exictement of being a Pokémon Trainer? Or was it the danger of it all? Either way, James kept his hand close to his Pokéballs, especially his new Mudkip, his first ever Pokémon. At this moment in time, James thought of Mudkip as protection. Not a partner, which he was meant to be.

A few minutes later and James heard something coming from the trees to the right. A flickering in the bushes, twigs snapped. James stanced himself ready, grabbing his Mudkip's Pokéball. James took a step back, keeping his eyes fixed on that one area. "Who's there?" James asked. "Come out!" James shouted in the direction of the noises.

"Alright, i'm out. Don't soil yourself" James looked in amazement as he saw a Pokémon talk. Well that's what he thought, he looked up and realised that it was a person talking as the Pokémon immitated. "You must of thought it was Mime.Jr here talking right? It works everytime, my name is Aron" The young teenager went to shake James's hand, his pale skin took James by surprise also. With his pitch black hair and skoned out face, he wore a tight red shirt and blue jeans. He didn't look very stylish.

"So that's a Mime.Jr?" James asked as he took out his Pokédex.

Mime. Jr: It habitually mimics foes. Once mimicked, the foe cannot take its eyes off this Pokémon. It likes places where people gather. It mimics foes to confuse them, then makes it getaway. Mime Jr. is a small pink Pokémon with a black torso. Mime Jr. has a red bump on its stomach and a typical red clown nose on its face. Mime Jr. appears to be wearing a black, crooked hat with a white ball on it.

James closed the Pokédex and placed it back in his pocket. He saw the Mime.Jr immitating it's trainer. "Quite clever, but wierd" James thought to himself. He put his Mudkips Pokéball back onto his belt, clipping it on. "So a Mime.Jr, how did you get one of them? They're so rare" The young trainer asked Aron.

"Well, I'm from the Sinnoh Region and my parents run Daycares, so one day. This egg hatched and there was Mime.Jr" The teenager said as he looked to Mime.Jr, he then started to walk off, James followed as Aron carried on talking. "My parents decided to give me Mime.Jr to start off my journey and we've been with each other since I did" James walked by the trainer and his Pokémon and kept looking right ahead of him.

"I've just started my journey" James said. "Well, today actually. My first Pokémon is Mudkip, we haven't encountered any Pokémon yet to catch".

"It'll take time, we've been travelling, say what, two years now. It took us a while for our first catch, but since then we've caught so many strong Pokémon. We came in the top eight of the Sinnoh League aswell" Aron explained to James, leading the way out of the dark woods and to the slightly open space of 'Route 101'.

"So what other Pokémon do you have?" James asked.

"Now that would be telling, a great trainer never reveals his secrets" Aron replied in a proud tone.

"So erm, what you doing in Hoenn?" James asked as he kicked a twig out of his path.

"I'm challenging the Gyms to enter the Hoenn League. I might enter a few contests with Mime.Jr aswell. Who knows, I guess your doing the same thing?" The teenager said as Mime.Jr copied his actions.

"More or less, I'm not sure about Contests. I'm more interested in battles" James said smiling.

"You should give Contests a go, just for the experiance. You might like them" The teenager replied as the three edged nearer to the open space.

"I guess so.. maybe" James muttered. "But one day, i'll be a Pokémon Master!" James yelled out surprisingly. Aron stopped as James carried on walking in shock at how stupid James was then.

"You idiot!" He whispered to James loudly, looking around. "Don't yell in the woods, I read that a pack of Poochyena stay in the dark areas. Do you not have common sense?" The trainer asked in amazement.

All of a sudden, two creatures appeared from behind Aron. He turned around knowing that they were infact Poochyena. James saw them two, but he saw it as an opportunity. As did Aron, this was infact a trainers instinct.

"Alright, I got the one on the right" Aron whispered to James who walked up next to him. James didn't say a word, he kept his eyes fixed on the two dog Pokémon. Their grey fur came into sight with dark shades on their body and a long bushy tail. Their teeth showed and they did not look happy.

James was focused though, he grabbed Mudkips Pokéball from his belt and threw it into the air, out came his first Pokémon, "Mudkip" it said ever so sweatly as it stood infront of the Poochyena. James noticed that Aron had sent out a Pokémon already, he looked at the Pokémon much like a Monkey with a flame on the end of its tail. James quickly turned his attentions back to the Poochyena though.

"Mudkip, use Tackle!" James yelled out to his Pokémon. Aron shook his head that James had shouted in the woods, again. But he kept his attentions on his Pokémon fighting the Poochyena.

Meanwhile, James Mudkip ran towards the Dog Pokémon who jumped out of the way to the side, landing lightly on the grass. Twisting it's body, it ran in the direction of the Mudkip, making contact and sending it back. "Mudkip!" the Pokémon cried out holding onto the last silible. James mouth dropped wide open, seeing his Mudkip get hurt like that.

Mudkip quickly got itself back up and stood strong. "Tackle again Mudkip!" The blue Pokémon ran towards the dog once again, twisting and turning and jumping into the air. Hitting the dog bang right on the nose, the Dog wimped in pain like a real Pooch.

"Throw the damn Pokéball" Aron said over to James, keeping his eyes on his battle. James quickly grabbed an empty ball and lobbed it over to the dog. Missing it. James stood there in shock, it wasn't so easy. He tried again, grabbing another and throwing it. This time it hit the Poochyena on the back and was sucked into the ball with a red light.

The Pokéball landed on the ground, rolling from side to side as James and his Mudkip awaited to see if they had caught their first Pokémon on their journey.

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Max stood up with Treeko next to him. Treeko ran alongside hs body and then jumped off of his shoulder onto his head. Max walked along the route. He wanted to get off and go among thetrees so much. Finally he dashed among the trees and came to an opening. Treeko jumped off of his head, ran up a tree, and put a twig inside his mouth. Max climbed up the tree and stopped were Treeko did.

"We're gonna be the best of friends aren't we buddy?" Max asked.

"Treeko Treeeee! Yep and I can't wait until we make more new friends!" Treeko said excitedly.

Max then climbed up the tree to the very top and looked out on the route. It wasn't to terribly long but it didn't look like much pokemon life was going on there. He climbed down and then looked at the lake next to them. It was beautiful. The sun was reflecting off of it and the pokemon were swiming in it. Max took off his shirt and then he jumped in the water. He stayed under water for a couple minutes long enough for Treeko to hide.When Max came up Treeko was gone.

"Treeko! Were aare you?" Max called for him.

The forest was suddenly quiet and there was a menicing breeze coming from the east. Max shivered due to being totally wet. He got out of the lake and put his shirt back on. Sudenly he heard the bushs behind him rustle and a twig snapped from behind there. He approached it with caution. Sudenly Treeko popped out from behind it.

"Treeko Treeeee! Surprise!" Treeko said.

Max fell bacwards as Treeko jumped on his chest.

"Don't ever do that again Treeko I was worried sick about you." Max scolded. "Oh what the heck I can never stay mad at you buddy!" Max said picking Treeko up and then hugging him.

A few minutes later and the bushs from behind them started rustling again.

"Treeko stop it." Max said assuming the bhushs were Treeko again. He separated the bushs only to find a brown and tan pokemon jumping out at them. It seemed aggrivated and mad.

"Treeko get over here." Max called for Treeko. Treeko ran in front of Treeko and stared at the pokemon.

"What kind of pokemon is that?" Max wondered wiping out his brand spanking new pokedex.

It said "Zigzagoon, the TinyRaccoon Pokemon. It walks in a zigzag fashion. It is good at finding items in the grass and even in the ground."

Max wanted to catch it bad now.

"Treeko let's catch this Zigzagoon." Max said looking at the other pokemon desiringly. "Treeko let's go Pound!" Max yelled.

Treeko dashed at the pokemon and then jumped in the air. Right them the pokemon came in and tackled Treeko.

"Treeeeekooooo! Owwwwwwwwwww!" Treeko yelled. Treeko got up with a little bit of difficulty but not much. "Treeko use Leer!" Max said.

Treeko ran a little closer to the Zigzagoon and then stared him down. Zigzagoon looked as if he had lost some defense to him (or is it power? I can't remeber).

"Ok Treeko now use Pound!" Max said.

Treeko ran close to Zigzagoon, but then Zigzagoon used Growl and Treeko looked like he lost some power right before he hit Zigzagoon with his tail and sent him flying into a tree. Both pokemon were panting really badly now.

"Treeko Pound once more." Max said.

Treeko dashed at Zigzagoon as Zigzagoon was rushing to him. They hit eachother dead on, but Treeko managed to send Zigzagoon flying with his tail.

"Ok. Now go pokeball!" Max yelled throwing his pokeball at the pokemon.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back