• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Journey You Won't Soon Forget

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
  • Yes, Hikari's love is brotherly/sisterly and anyone that has read the whole fic would understand that. So, if people think she means more than that... they musn't of read much.
    I mean, in the previous paragraph she said; "You're my best friend... no matter what you can't keep a secret from me and I would never keep one from you." That's the kind of thing that would prove that it's not a full on love interest, just the kind of love between two good friends.

And I understand what you mean about the carpet thing, that's the kind of stuff I'm going to touch on during my revision. I'm just trying to get the first book complete before I go back and fix my mistakes.

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    I know Hikari's love for Jun is bortherly/sisterly and personally, I love the character of Kouki but somewhere deep down in my heart, I want Hikari to have just a tad bit more love for Jun than just good friends. I think if Jun saw that Hikari had a bit of a crush on him, he may settle down and act more like a 'man' she can love than her brother.

Yet again, I never thought Kouki could flirt like that. Some reason, I see him as the 'nerd' of the group (not being mean to Kouki, I would call myself a 'nerd' aswell) and I was very surprised when he spoke like that to Hikari. I want something to happen between those two, behind Jun's back ofcourse, or else it just won't be a whole drama ;). Overall, I hope they end up still as good friends at the end, with Hikari leaning towards Jun and Kouki, semi-heartbroken but moving on to some else.

Good lucking writing the other chapters! I'm watching...

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Book 1 is almost over and Book 2 will focus mainly on Hikari.
    Something near the end of Book 2 or beginning of Book 3 will cause Kouki to realise that Jun has feelings for Hikari and Hikari will start to have feelings for him too.

I don't see Kouki as a "nerd", in my eyes he's more of the cute/smart guy. Don't worry, the end of the Fanfic will hold many surprises on whom she chooses... because, I don't even know who it will be. But I can tell you that she will cross the sea to be with the one she loves. How romantic...

I'm pretty sure I've given away a lot of things for you to think of and I hope they will keep you preoccupied for a while.

P.S - The things I've told you are simply ideas, they may not actually be put into the story... or they might not show up when I've specified.

Clouddyl

Playing battle tower doubles!
    Years
  • I love this!
    Noticed 1 mistake though in chapter 7
    Grass-type Pokémon... who was begin to look like it didn't enjoy all this attention.
    Should be begining I think, but anyway, story rocks!

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Chapter 9 – Roark Hard Strength
    Roark fiddled with the keys to his gym as he hurriedly tried to unlock the door, he finally got the key into the lock and smiled, turning to face Kouki, "I guess you'll be my first challenger today," he said, pushing the door open to reveal the large gym. Kouki's eyes widened, he'd never seen a real live gym before. It was huge; the towering walls were a light red, the shiny floor was a pale sapphire blue and in the middle there was a large rocky area which must have been used as the battlefield.

"Wow..." exclaimed Kouki, letting his mouth hang open as he stepped inside the wondrous palace-like gym. He turned to Roark, but was nearly knocked off his feet by Cranidos... who had rushed passed him and straight through into the gym.

Roark laughed and closed the door behind him, taking a step forward so that he was right next to Kouki, "Yep, that's most people's first impression of this place." He glanced down at Kouki with a peculiar look and then started to walk further into the gym, "Come on; let me show you something before we have our match."

Kouki stood and blinked, taking in the entirety of the gym again before following after Roark, who led the teenage boy into a room at the back of the gym. The room was completely filled with life-like sculptures of Pokémon, Kouki's eyes scanned each sculpture... the detail that each of them possessed was amazing, "Did you make all of these?" he asked, turning to look at Roark.

"Yep," he replied blankly, "Each and every one of them." Roark then walked over to a large sculpture that depicted a Cranidos, "This is my pride and joy. It's a sculpture of my best friend, a Cranidos that I revived from a fossil a few years ago."

Kouki was amazed by the sculptures life-like features; he looked it over at least twice before looking down at the real Cranidos, who must have entered the room without him noticing. "But, I thought you said you'd only just received this Cranidos," referring to the dinosaur Pokémon that was standing beside Roark.

"Oh... I did," he replied, patting Cranidos on the head, "This sculpture isn't of him. It's of my other Cranidos." Roark then reached into his pocket and revealed a Poké Ball, with a push of the button a much larger Cranidos formed from a red beam of light, "This is who I made the sculpture for."

Kouki's mouth dropped, this Cranidos was at least six inches taller than the first one he'd met, it also seemed to be a lot prouder and better trained. "Wow!" exclaimed Kouki, "So you've got two Cranidos!"

Roark laughed, "That's right." He then returned the large Cranidos to its Poké Ball and smiled, "So, you ready for our match?" He placed his hands on his hips and stared at Kouki, waiting for what he knew would be an enthusiastic reply.

-----

Back at the Pokémon Centre, Hikari and Jun were getting ready for the day ahead. Hikari was fully dressed and had started packing her bag, while Jun was in the bathroom having a shower. "Pokédex; check. Poké Balls; check," listed Hikari, speaking to herself as she made sure she wasn't missing anything, "I think I've got everything." Suddenly Piplup jumped off the bed and into the girls arms, nearly causing her to fall over backwards, "Piplup; check," she joked, with a cute laugh.

Quietly, Jun stepped out of the bathroom, but his "skilfulness" was ruined when Budew came running over to him quickly. "Hey Budew," said Jun, smiling down at the baby Pokémon, "How are you doing?" Budew cheered, bouncing up and down like a rubber ball.

Hikari heard Jun's voice and turned to her friend, who was dripping wet and had only a towel covering him. Her eyes ran over his body, making sure to watch every curve carefully... she'd never say it, but Jun was in a bit better shape than Kouki, obviously because of his large amount of energy.

Jun wandered over to his bag and fished out his clothes, turning swiftly to head back into the bathroom. Although, he stopped suddenly and turned to Hikari, who was still checking him out, "Hey Hikari," he called, waiting for her eyes to meet his "I got you and Kouki presents back in Jubilife, they're in my bag."

Hikari didn't reply, so Jun simply shrugged it off and headed into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. With the "eye candy" gone, Hikari snapped back to reality, "What am I thinking?" she asked herself quietly, "He's my best friend!" Hikari then remembered what Jun had told her, "Presents?" she questioned, speedily making her way over to Jun's bag.

Hikari's arm swam through the clutter in Jun's bag, until she found two watch-like device's, "Jun didn't have these before," she pointed out, "These must be the gifts." The teenage girl clipped the red Pokétch around her wrist and slipped the blue one into her pocket to keep it safe for Kouki.

A few minutes later, Hikari and Jun were ready to leave the Pokémon Centre to go and find Kouki. They both knew he would be at the Oreburgh Gym, attempting to win his first badge, "After we find Kouki," started Jun, swinging his messenger bag onto his right shoulder, "I want to battle the Gym Leader myself."

Hikari sighed and picked up her yellow duffle bag, although... she swung it over her left shoulder, "Ok," she said, rolling her eyes before becoming completely serious, "But! After that we're going to Floaroma Town so that I can compete in my first contest."

"Deal!" said Jun loudly, happy with the plan that he and Hikari had thought up, "Now! Let's go and find Kouki!" Jun marched out of the room and down the hall, while Hikari gave the room a quick once over... making sure that they hadn't forgotten anything. Satisfied with the room, Hikari gave chase after Jun... after all, she didn't want him to go and get lost again.

-----

"This will be a two on two battle between I, Roark, Gym Leader of Oreburgh City and the challenger, Kouki of Sandgem Town!" announced Roark proudly, even though Kouki was the only other person in the gym.

Kouki snickered at Roark, "Wow!" he called, cupping his hands around his mouth, "That was quite an introduction." Roark knew that Kouki was being sarcastic, so he simply ignored him and unclipped a Poké Ball from his belt.

"Go!" screamed Roark, hurling the Poké Ball onto the rocky field, "Geodude!" In a flash of light, a strange Pokémon that was made of rock and had two large arms, but no legs, burst out of the Poké Ball. Roark's Pokémon floated in the air, awaiting the Pokémon that Kouki was going to choose.

"A rock Pokémon," whispered Kouki, "Then I choose!" he shouted back, pulling his own Poké Ball from his belt, "Turtwig!" In yet another flash of light, Kouki's little turtle Pokémon appeared and smiled solemnly, not fazed by the angry expression on Geodude's face.

Geodude and Turtwig glared at each other, they were waiting for their trainers to give them an order, but Roark and Kouki were waiting for the other to go first. The gym was dead quiet and the air was thick, who was going to make the first move?

Suddenly, Roark broke the silence, "Geodude! Use Rock Smash and then Rock Throw!" ordered Roark, pointing a finger towards Turtwig. Geodude reacted quickly, the rock Pokémon floated over to a large rock and smashed it to bits; he then began picking up the pieces of rock and hurling them at Turtwig.

"Watch out!" called Kouki as he saw the large rocks flying towards Turtwig, "Quickly, dodge those rocks!" Turtwig looked left and right, trying to figure out where to go... just in time, the turtle Pokémon leapt to the left and then began to bounce around the field, dodging every one of Geodude's rocks.

"Pick up the pace!" yelled Roark, seeing that Turtwig was dodging the rocks too easily. With a grunt, Geodude began to throw the rocks at twice the speed he had been before... Turtwig managed to dodge a couple of the rocks, before he was too tired to carry on and ended up being hit by one of the airborne attacks.

Turtwig tumbled across the battle field, travelling nearly ten feet... before coming to a halt in front of Kouki. "Turtwig!" he screamed, hoping that his Pokémon was strong enough to keep battling... amazingly, he was. Turtwig slowly rose to his feet and faced his opponent, with a look upon his face that showed that he was determined to win this battle.

Suddenly, Kouki heard a loud creaking; he turned his head and saw that the large gym doors were opening slowly. Surprisingly, Hikari and Jun wandered in, "I knew we'd find you here!" exclaimed Hikari, smiling as she saw Kouki's confused face.

"Hey buddy!" called Jun, waving to Kouki from across the gym. Slowly, Kouki raised a hand and waved back at his two friends, he was still kind of confused that they had shown up in the middle of his gym match. Luckily, they knew not to disturb him, well... no more than they already had, so they made their way over to the large audience seats and sat down quietly.

"Kouki!" called Roark, who was starting to get impatient, "Are we going to battle or what?" Geodude and Turtwig also wanted to get on with the match, each of the Pokémon had the burning desire to defeat the other and Kouki was only making them want it even more.

Kouki snapped back to reality and turned to Roark, a look of determination plastered on his face, "Let's do this..." he said slowly, his eyes narrowing, "Turtwig!" he screamed, with more enthusiasm than before, "Use Tackle!" Turtwig finally got to launch an attack, he bolted towards Geodude so fast that he was merely a green blur... in the end; he jumped into the air and crashed head first into Geodude.

The momentum from the attack caused Geodude to fly back and smash into a large rock, but because of his rock hard body... Turtwig also suffered, he fell to the ground with a thud and could barely stand back up. "Geodude! Shake it off and use Rock Smash on Turtwig!" ordered Roark, his voice croaky and sounding slightly maniacal.

Geodude wobbled as he tried to regain his composure, once he was ready, he launched the attack on Turtwig. The rock Pokémon held his arm up high and prepared to have it swing down upon Kouki's injured Pokémon. "Get up, Turtwig!" screamed Kouki, sounding scared that he might lose the gym match.

Turtwig opened his eyes slowly and looked up to see Geodude flying towards him, with all his strength, the grass Pokémon rose to his feet and managed to roll out of the way just in time. This caused Geodude to miss and have his arm swing through the air, the rock Pokémon wasn't happy about this... he turned to Turtwig and prepared for another attack.

Kouki saw Geodude getting ready for a second attack, so he had to act quickly, "Turtwig! Use the biggest Razor Leaf attack you can!" shouted the teenage boy. Turtwig shot a quick glance across to his trainer, who nodded back solemnly. Turtwig stood his ground and began to shake his head back and forth, causing a barrage of leaves to fly at Geodude.

Soon there was a cloud of leaves flying towards the rock Pokémon and his confidence suddenly sunk. He wasn't prepared for such a brutal attack and he didn't have enough time to get out of the way; the group of leaves engulfed Geodude and pummelled his body intensely. Kouki and Roark had no idea what the result would be, could Geodude possibly survive Turtwig's harsh attack?

NOTE: Any spelling/grammar errors are unintentional, if you see one please tell me.

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Chapter 10 – A Galactic Encounter
    As the leaves started to fall, the outcome of the match finally came into view... a small smile crept onto Kouki's face as Geodude fell to the ground with a thud. The teenage boy started to cheer happily, but his Pokémon didn't look as happy... Turtwig had put his all into that attack and now he could barely stand up.

Roark returned Geodude and grabbed Kouki's attention, "I wouldn't celebrate so quickly..." he mumbled, "I still have Cranidos, and Turtwig doesn't look like he can go on for much longer." Kouki settled down and looked over at Turtwig, Roark was right... his small Pokémon had given his all and was now in a great deal of pain.

Kouki ran over to his Pokémon and kneeled down beside to him, "Turtwig, are you ok?" he asked, hoping that he hadn't pushed the poor Pokémon too far. Turtwig opened an eye slowly and looked up at Kouki, before collapsing onto his stomach. "Turtwig!" he screamed, scooping the injured Pokémon into his arms, "Don't worry, you can have a big long rest after this."

All of a sudden, the gym doors burst open and a young miner came running inside, "Roark!" he screamed, the tone of his voice meant that there was a problem and it was urgent, "There are two people down in the mine! They're trying to steal the fossils!"

Roark ran over to the miner, with Cranidos by his side... Kouki ran up after them, followed by Hikari and Jun. "What!?" he shouted, hardly believing what he had heard, "If they think they're going to get away with those fossils, they're dead wrong," said Roark, clenching his fists before making his way towards the door.

"Roark!" called Kouki, stopping the determined Gym Leader in his tracks, "My friends and I are coming with you. We might be able to help." Roark turned around and gave the trio a once over, they all looked like they wanted to help... he nodded abruptly and the gang exited the gym in a hurry.

-----

Deep within Oreburgh Mine, the two thieves were collecting dozens of preserved Pokémon fossils and stuffing them into a couple of burlap sacks. The two crooks, a male and a female, were dressed in matching tight silver outfits and each sported an aqua bowl-cut hairstyle.

"The boss will surely allow us to be part of the mission after we bring him all of these fossils," exclaimed Kira, the female thief. She turned to her male counterpart and grinned, "And when he does, we'll be known as the two greatest members of Team Galactic ever!"

"Yeah, but what about that guy we scared off?" asked Dax, the male thief. The male grunt sounded a bit worried about being caught, which could be seen in his eyes, "What if he runs off to find help? We'll be caught and end up getting kicked out of Team Galactic for good!"

"Get a hold of yourself!" yelled Kira, whacking Dax across the back of the head with the side of her hand, "We're bound to fail with an attitude like that. Now just be quiet and keep digging!" Dax shut his mouth a rubbed the back of his head softly, before going back to work.

After another ten minutes of digging, Kira and Dax had both filled their burlap sacks to the brim, "We've got more than enough fossils to get us off the hook for last time," exclaimed Kira, her eyes narrowing as she glared at Dax.

Dax jumped back, afraid of being hit again, "Hey!" he yelled, holding his hands in the air, "That was an accident!" What they were talking about was their previous mission, you see... Kira and Dax aren't the greatest Galactic Grunts in the world. During their last mission, which was to keep guard at the Galactic Warehouse in Veilstone City, Dax "accidently" spilled his coffee on a very important computer. The coffee caused the computer to burn out and all the data held within it was lost.

"Well!" returned Kira, leaning back and tapping her foot, "Maybe if you didn't have butterfingers, we wouldn't have to steal a bunch of lousy fossil for the boss." The female grunt shook her head and grabbed her burlap sack; she didn't want to argue... she just wanted to get the fossils back to the boss.

Dax sighed and grabbed his bag of fossils too; they both swung the sacks over their shoulders and began to head back out of the mine. They exited the fossil room and headed back up the corridor, it would take them a while to reach the surface and the heavy sacks wouldn't make it any easier.

-----

Meanwhile; Roark, Kouki, Hikari, Jun and Cranidos were making their way through the upper level of the mine. They had been walking for ten minutes and were nearing their destination, Roark spoke up as they made it to the last elevator shaft, "The fossil chamber is at the end of a corridor on the next level down," he pointed out, turning to the rest of the gang, "If any of you want to leave... I'll understand."

Kouki stepped forward, shaking his head, "No! We're here to help and nothing will change our minds," he returned, practically talking on behalf of his friends. Hikari and Jun didn't mind, they were at the back of the pack and Jun was comforting Hikari... who was scared that something bad might happen.

The group stepped onto the elevator, which was just a large square of wood that was held up by four thick ropes. The elevator slowly lowered until it reached the next level, at this point, Roark and Cranidos jumped off quickly. At the end of the corridor, deep within the darkness, Roark could see movement; "Stop, you thieves!" he yelled, his voice echoing down the corridor.

At the other end of the corridor, Kira and Dax jumped in surprise at Roark's screams, they both dropped their sacks and landed on their backs. "Damn!" yelled Kira, in a low voice, "Looks like we're going to have to battle our way out of this!"

Dax sat up and turned to his accomplice, "Now there's something I'm good at!" he announced, grabbing his Poké Ball off his belt. He and Kira jumped to their feet and got ready to call upon their Pokémon, when the whole corridor lit up. At the opposite end of the corridor, they could see Roark with his hand upon a large light switch.

Roark, Kouki and Cranidos began to run down the corridor, as did Kira and Dax, "Go Cranidos!" called the determined Gym Leader and, in a flash of light, his large blue dinosaur Pokémon appeared and roared loudly. Kouki followed his example and tossed out his own Poké Ball, calling upon Turtwig; Kouki's strong little turtle Pokémon.

Kira and Dax both threw their Poké Ball's as well, revealing two Pokémon in one large flash. Kira's Pokémon was a small skunk like Pokémon and Dax's was a short blue toad Pokémon, standing upon two feet. Both of these Pokémon looked just as menacing as their trainers and strong enough to hold their own in battle.

"Use Fury Swipes on that insect, Stunky!" called Kira, pointing towards Turtwig... who didn't seem very happy about being called an insect. Stunky bolted towards Kouki's Grass-type Pokémon, her claws were long and sharp... they could definitely do serious damage to Turtwig.

Dax heard Kira's orders and quickly issued his own, "Croagunk!" he began, catching the toad-like Pokémon's attention, "Use Mud Slap on that prehistoric pest!" Croagunk nodded and turned to Cranidos, he kicked up a flurry of dirt... which mixed with the slime on his body and turned into mud.

Stunky was extremely fast; Turtwig didn't have time to get out of the way and ended up being slashed at, continuously, by the skunk Pokémon's sharp claws. Cranidos also didn't have any time to get out of the way, Croagunk's sticky mud covered the dinosaur Pokémon's body caused him to roar angrily.

Roark gritted his teeth and glanced over at Kouki, giving him an abrupt nod... which the teenage trainer returned with a smirk. "Double Headbutt!" they both yelled in unison, Cranidos and Turtwig lowered their heads and charged at their opponents. They both landed direct hits, sending Stunky and Croagunk flying down the corridor, landing harshly at their trainer's feet.

Kira clenched her right hand tight and grimaced angrily, "Get up you two!" she screamed, showing that she wasn't about to give up. Stunky and Croagunk rose to their feet, glaring menacingly at Cranidos and Turtwig. "Stunky!" yelled Kira, her voice sounding croaky, "Tackle that turtle as hard as you can!"

Dax quickly jumped into action, "Uhm," he began, trying to think of an attack, "Croagunk. Use Pursuit on that dinosaur!" Croagunk, using a faster attack, sped past Stunky and headed straight for Cranidos. Stunky reached her target too, colliding harshly with Turtwig... who managed to stand his ground and push his head against Stunky's.

"Push harder!" called Kouki, stepped one foot forward, determined to defeat these thieves. Turtwig pushed his head down slightly and then flung it up, sending Stunky flying back. The small skunk Pokémon landed on her back and could barely stand back up.

Roark smirked when he saw the state of Kira's Pokémon, "Cranidos!" he called, "Grab Croagunk and throw him at Stunky!" Cranidos nodded and grabbed the toad Pokémon by the arms, before he got the chance to land the attack. Roark's Pokémon spun Croagunk three-sixty degrees and then let him fly towards Stunky, colliding with such force that both Pokémon flew straight into their trainers.

"Good work, Cranidos!" exclaimed Roark, praising his Pokémon's efforts. Then, all of a sudden, Cranidos began to glow a bright light... his whole body nearly doubled in size and, as the light faded, a larger dinosaur Pokémon stood proudly before Roark.

Dax's mouth dropped open, "It evolved..." he whimpered, knowing that they wouldn't stand a chance against the large Pokémon. The grunts jumped to their feet and Kira quickly thought of a plan, she grabbed a rock and hurled it at the light switch... causing all the lights to shut off. Within the darkness; Kira, Dax, Stunky and Croagunk made a break for it, leaving their booty behind.

Once Roark had turned the light back on, Kira and Dax were nowhere to be seen, "Well, at least they didn't get any of the fossils," he pointed out, looking over at the pile of fossils at the end of the corridor. "You did a great job," he said, resting a hand upon Kouki's shoulder, "I think you deserve this..." Roark reached into his pocket and pulled out a small grey badge, which he handed to Kouki.

Kouki took the badge and looked up at Roark, "But, we haven't finished our match yet." Roark laughed and closed Kouki's hand around the badge, Kouki then realised that they didn't have to... he had proven himself by helping to defeat Team Galactic.

Suddenly, Hikari ran over and embraced Kouki in a tight hug, "Thank god you're ok!" she screamed, letting go and staring at her friend, "Don't you ever do something that dangerous again!" Kouki laughed and nodded, but... further down the corridor, Jun was anything but happy.

Hikari had run out of his arms and straight into Kouki's, he sighed and let his head dropped. That's when his eyes caught a glimpse of something upon the rocky floor, he reached down and picked it up... revealing to him that it was a fossil, he quickly stuffed it into his messenger bag when he thought no-one was watching. Who'd have that, even though the thieves were gone... something could still get stolen?

NOTE: Any spelling/grammar errors are unintentional, if you see one please tell me.

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Chapter 11 – A Friendly Farewell
    Roark, Kouki, Hikari and Jun had returned to the gym after their "unpleasant" encounter with the Team Galactic Grunts, Kira and Dax. Kouki and Hikari were sitting down and getting ready to watch Jun's gym match with Roark. Kouki's hand contained his new Coal Badge; he was very proud of it and hoped that his friend could win one just like him.

Roark pulled out the Poké Ball contain his newly evolved Cranidos, "Seeing as my Cranidos has evolved and is now a lot stronger," he started, tossing the ball up and then catching it again, "If you can defeat him in a one-on-one match, you win the Coal Badge." Roark pulled out the little grey badge; just like the one he had given to Kouki and held it up so that Jun could see.

Jun nodded, looking up at the badge within Roark's hand, "Sounds fair," he called, pulling his own Poké Ball from his belt. The teenage boy shot a quick glance over to his friends, particularly Hikari, "I'm going to win this match for you, Hikari," he thought, as if he had some sort of telepathic power that let Hikari hear what he was thinking.

Both Roark and Jun threw their Poké Ball's out onto the field at the same time, causing a huge white flash to first blind everyone in the gym and then reveal to them each of the trainers Pokémon. Roark's choice was obvious, his newly evolved dinosaur Pokémon stood tall on his side of the field and glared down at Jun's choice. Chimchar, Jun's small orange monkey, was standing calmly on his side of the field... not deterred by the sheer size Roark's Pokémon.

"This would be a good chance to get some info on a new Pokémon," thought Kouki, secretly pulling out his red Pokédex and pointing it at Roark's large Pokémon. The small device beeped to life and began to speak, suddenly... Kouki's secret, wasn't so secret.

A Journey You Won't Soon Forget
    Rampardos: the Head Butt Pokémon. It is the evolved form of Cranidos.
    Its powerful headbutt has enough power to shatter even the most durable things upon impact.https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Image:Spr_4d_409.png

"Rampardos!" called Roark, wasting no time in showing what his new Pokémon could do, "Let's start this off with a Headbutt attack!" Rampardos snarled under his breath and started to scratch one foot along the ground as he lowered his head, with one forceful charge... Rampardos bolted at Chimchar with amazing speed.

Jun was too busy looking over at Hikari to notice that Roark had issued an order, it wasn't until Kouki started to point at the charging Rampardos that he spoke up, "Chimchar!" he yelled, not exactly knowing how he could help his Pokémon. This mistake cost him dearly, Rampardos smashed head first into Chimchar and knocked him through the air, before he came crashing down at Jun's feet.

"Get up!" screamed Jun, knowing that it was completely his fault that Chimchar was hurt. The small orange monkey slowly rose to his feet, this showed that when Rampardos hit... he hit hard! "Use Ember!" called Jun, standing up straight and pointing towards Rampardos... not that it would make any difference.

"Another Headbutt, Rampardos!" called Roark, thinking that this would be an easy match to win. Rampardos snickered and ran towards Chimchar, just as the little monkey started to shoot a barrage of small flames at the raging dinosaur. Chimchar's attack was useless... Rampardos barrelled through the flames and continued on a collision course with Jun's Pokémon.

Once again, Rampardos crashed head first into Chimchar, sending him sky-rocketing. "Chimchar!" called Jun, just as his Pokémon came crashing back to the floor, "Quickly, get up!" Chimchar rose to his feet even slower than last time, Jun knew that his Pokémon couldn't handle another direct attack like that... but he couldn't think of any way to stop Rampardos.

"This is too easy!" teased Roark, laughing along with Rampardos, "Ok buddy, let's finish this with a final Headbutt!" Rampardos yawned, as if to tease Jun even more, before charging towards Chimchar for what he and Roark thought would be the last time.

Everything started to go in slow motion for Jun; he shot a glance over to Kouki and Hikari... who both looked worried for Chimchar. He then looked over at Roark, who was laughing wildly... which wasn't like him. Finally, his eyes came to rest upon the battlefield... Rampardos, with the force of a freight train, was charging straight for Chimchar with no intention of stopping.

Suddenly, time sped up again and Jun had an idea, "Chimchar!" he called, knowing that if his idea failed... he and Chimchar would lose the match, "Jump onto the back of Rampardos' neck!" Chimchar looked over at Jun with a confused expression, was he serious? It was only after his trainer nodded back with a serious look on his face, that Chimchar decided to put the plan into action.

Just as Rampardos was about to smash into Chimchar again, the small monkey Pokémon leapt into the air and spun around, landing perfectly on the back of the dinosaur's neck. Roark's mouth dropped open, "What!?" he questioned in disbelief, "Try to shake him off!"

Rampardos first tried shaking his head wildly, but Chimchar managed to hang on for dear life. That's when Rampardos decided to use the field to his advantage; he started smashing into the surrounding boulders in an attempt to knock Chimchar from his neck.

"Hang in there!" called Jun, lifting his Pokémon's spirit and causing him to cling even tighter to Rampardos. Once the raging Pokémon had destroyed all the rocks on the field, he had gotten very tired and looked like he could collapse at any second. "Now's your chance!" called Jun, causing Chimchar to open his eyes, "Use Rock Smash on Rampardos' head!"

Chimchar scampered onto Rampardos' head and raised an arm; he glanced around the gym as if to make sure everyone was watching, before letting his hand smash down on Rampardos' skull with a karate chop motion. The large dinosaur Pokémon wobbled slightly from the blow, before his legs buckled and he came crashing down to the floor... unconscious.

"I won!" cheered Jun, jumping up and down while waving his arms in the air. Chimchar frowned angrily and ran over to his trainer, leaping swiftly into his arms, "Oh... I'm sorry. We won!" Chimchar nodded and continued to celebrate along with his trainer.

-----

The trio, plus Roark, stood in front of the gym as they waited for Jun to receive his first ever gym badge. Roark, smiling warmly, pulled the small badge out of his pocket and handed it to Jun, "As proof of your victory, I award you, Jun of Twinleaf Town, the Coal Badge."

Jun happily took the badge and held it up so that it glistened in the sun; "I got..." he started, spinning around on the spot, "The Coal Badge!" Kouki, Hikari and Roark all laughed at Jun, before getting ready to say their goodbyes.

Kouki stepped towards Roark and extended a hand, which the friendly gym leader accepted without hesitation, "Our time with you, here in Oreburgh City, has been great and I hope we cross paths again sometime."

Roark nodded, "I hope we do too, Kouki," he replied, shaking his new friend's hand. Hikari and Jun both shook Roark's hand as well, thanking the gym leader for giving them such a fun experience in Oreburgh City. Roark smiled and waved as his three new friends headed off towards Oreburgh Gate, continuing on their journey and into a wonderful world.

"So," started Jun, putting his arms around his two friends once Roark was out of sight, "Where are we off to now?" He glanced between his two friends so quickly, that it looked like his head was going to fall off. Kouki and Hikari smiled at each other, laughing inside at Jun's "normal" behaviour.

Kouki turned his attention to the road ahead, "Well," he began, the wind blowing slowly across his face, "First we're heading back to Jubilife for supplies, but after that... we're off to Floaroma Town." He glanced over at Hikari and smiled warmly, "That's where Hikari will be competing in her first contest."

Jun suddenly stopped, which caused his friends to turn around and look at him with confused expressions, "I've got a great idea!" he exclaimed, running back up between his two friends, "Why don't we all compete in the contest at Floaroma Town?"

Hikari looked over at Kouki, "I think that's a great idea!" she replied, "As long as Kouki wants to, that is." Kouki glanced between Hikari and Jun, before giving in to his friends and nodding silently. Hikari clapped, "Then it's settled! We'll all compete in the Floaroma Town Contest!"

-----

Meanwhile, in an unknown location, a man wearing a tight silver suit was nervously making his way down a long hallway in a brisk walk. He reached two large doors at the end of the hall and pushed them open quickly, "Sir!" he said loudly, alerting the attention of a man sitting in a large black leather seat, he had his back to the nervous man... but was ready to listen to what he had to say.

"Uhm..." mumbled the nervous man, fiddling with two files in his hand, "Two Team Galactic Agents attempted to rob Oreburgh Mine, but they-" The man was silenced by the sound of the unknown figure in the chair turning to face him, his eyes glared at the nervous man angrily and his fingers were laced together in front of him.

"Bring those here," replied the dark man quietly, referring to the files being held by the other man, "And I told you not to call me sir!" The nervous man quickly walked over to his boss' desk and placed the files upon it, he then proceeded to back out of the room with his head hung.

"I'm sorry sir," he apologized, only to make the same mistake again, "I mean Cyrus, sir." The nervous man closed his eyes and scolded himself, "I'll just go," he muttered, leaving the room and closing the door with a thud. "Idiot!" he yelled to himself, under his breath, before leaving as quickly as he had come.

Back in the room, Cyrus, was laughing under his breath at the nervous grunt's actions, "The new agents are always the funniest," he mumbled to himself, before leaning forward and grabbing the two files. He scanned over both of them and placed them back on the desk, spinning his seat to the position it was in earlier, "Something has to be done about Kira and Dax," he told himself, closing his eyes slowly.

-----

Question's to be answered in Book 2
    How will Kouki, Hikari and Jun do in the Floaroma Town Contest?
    Will Kouki and Jun ever tell Hikari that they like her?
    Who are Team Galactic, what is Cyrus up to and what's with Kira and Dax?

All this and more in Book 2!

Clouddyl

Playing battle tower doubles!
    Years
  • Wow! another awesome chapter, can't wait for book 2!
    How will Jun get his fossil turned into a real pokemon though, without everyone knowing he took a it?

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Thank you to everyone that has read my Fanfic and enjoyed it.
    I'm just posting to say that the hiatus is over and I've finished writing the Christmas Special, as well as about half of Chapter 12.
    So, expect to see a few updates this week!

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • We've all seen special stories written about what happens to our characters on Christmas, right?
    Well, I've decided to think outside the box and give you an insight on what Kouki, Hikari and Jun do on the night before Christmas.

Special 1 – An Early Christmas Present
    The dying fire crackled weakly, heating the small wood cabin to the best of its ability, Hikari was sitting on the couch with her knees right up against her chest. Her bare feet were the only things not covered by a thick, fluffy white blanket that she had pulled right up under her chin. "It's f-freezing in here," she mumbled to herself, knowing that saying that wouldn't make it any warmer.

Suddenly, the cabin door burst open and a cold wind blew through, causing Hikari to nearly jump straight into the fire in desperation for some warmth. She turned her head slowly to see why the door was open anyways, but all she could see was the point of a pine tree sticking through into the cabin... she could, however, here quiet voices arguing outside.

With a groan, the freezing girl rose to her feet, not letting go of the fluffy blanket... which was now the only thing that supplied her with heat. She hobbled over to the open door, pulling tighter on the blanket as she drew closer, "What's going on?" she questioned, as she reached the door and peered outside, she spied her two friends... Kouki and Jun, trying to haul a giant tree into the cabin with little success.

Kouki and Jun raised their heads and smiled at Hikari, "Hey there!" said Kouki with a sheepish laugh, "Jun and I got the Christmas Tree," he pointed out, not that Hikari needed him to. Ignoring the cold girl, Kouki turned to Jun, "Ok, on the count of three... we're going to back up and run as fast as we can."

Jun nodded and got ready to proceed with the plan, but suddenly he realised that it was a terrible plan, "Wait!" he shouted, trying to get Kouki to stop. But, it was no use... Kouki was bending his knees and getting ready to execute his plan. Hikari's eyes widened when she realised that he was actually going to do it, with one swift leap... she flew onto couch for safety.

"3... 2..." counted down Kouki, despite Jun's efforts to stop him, "1!" he screamed, taking a step back before running full force at the open door. Kouki, Jun and the Christmas Tree made it in cleanly... but they also managed to crash into the wall, just as cleanly. The two boys groaned and rolled onto their backs as Hikari walked over, rolling her eyes at them.

"You two are such idiots," she pointed out, but they already knew that, "So, are you going to get it into the pot now?" she asked, making her way out of the living room and into the kitchen. Kouki and Jun groaned again, they were still in pain and they now had to put the tree into a pot and fill it with soil. It was definitely going to be a pain in the...

-----

Ten minutes, and a few failed attempts, later... Kouki and Jun finally got the tree upright in a large pot of soil without using their hands to keep it steady. They were both tired and dirty; all they wanted to do now was rest, so... they both crashed onto the couch with a sigh of relief.

Hikari giggled as she came skipping into the living room, a tray of hot chocolate held in her hands. She handed the boys a cup each and then took one for herself, with a little hop... she landed between her two friends on the couch, making sure not to spill her hot chocolate.

Kouki held his hot chocolate out of the way and reached down to pick up the fluffy blanket, he skilfully pulled it up and across to cover the three friends. Hikari smiled warmly at the gesture and Jun continued to sip at his hot drink. Kouki reached one hand under the blanket and walked it over to Hikari's, which he touched softly... making sure not to scare her.

Hikari could feel the touch of Kouki's cold skin against hers and she laced her fingers between his, before smiling at him with small snicker. Jun didn't notice any of this going on though; he was too busy drink his hot chocolate and gazing up at the Christmas Tree. "I think we should decorate it," he exclaimed, turning quickly to his friends... which caused them to stop what they were doing and face Jun.

Hikari smiled warmly at Jun, "That's a great idea!" she replied, letting her fingers slip away from Kouki's as she stood up swiftly, "Just as long as I get to put the star on top." Jun was the second one to stand up; he laughed at Hikari and nodded to assure her that she'd get to put the star on top.

Kouki sighed and rose to his feet, they had only just sat down a minute ago and now they were getting back up. But, that's what it's like with Jun as a friend, you can't be in one place for too long with him around. "Jun," he said, catching his friends attention, "Why don't you go and get the decorations? They're in the other room."

Jun hesitated for a second, but nodded at Kouki with a small, forced, smile, "Sure..." he mumbled, heading out of the living room and through the kitchen. Hikari began circling the Christmas Tree, trying to figure out the best way to decorate it... Kouki laughed at the girl and smiled as he watched her.

A couple of minutes later, Jun returned with the decorations, they were in a large cardboard box and it looked like there was more than enough to cover the tree. The teenage boy dropped the box beside the tree and put his hands on his hips, "So, what's say we get started?"

-----

"Keep it steady, Jun!" ordered Hikari, who was standing on a wobbly stool and trying to reach the top of the Christmas Tree. She was shaking back and forth, but that didn't stop her... she was determined to get the star on the top. With one quick jump, she landed the star on top and smiled happily... but, then the stool gave way and she started to fall.

"I got you!" assured Jun, letting go of the stool and jumping over to catch his falling friend. Luckily, Hikari fell straight into his arms and was unharmed, "That was close," said Jun, smiling at the scared girl cradled in his arms.

Hikari blinked a few times, trying to figure out what had just happened, when she finally did... she turned to Jun, "Oh Jun!" she screamed, hugging the boy tightly, "You saved me!" Hikari leaned her head out of the hug and planted a long kiss on the surprised boy's lips, before letting go and giggling... while still cradled in his arms.

Just then, Kouki walked into the living room with a plate of cookies in his hands, "Who wants cookies?" he asked in a loud voice, before spying Jun holding Hikari, "What's going on here?" he asked, seeing the knocked over stool, Jun's surprised face and Hikari's little smirk.

Hikari hoped out of Jun's arms and skipped over to Kouki, grabbing a fresh cookie of the plate, "Oh... nothing," she lied with a small laugh, "Jun just saved my life." Kouki raised an eyebrow and leaned to left, trying to see Jun.

"Is that true?" he asked, grabbing a cookie of his own and taking a big bite out of it. Jun shook his head and snapped back to reality, he turned and began walking towards Kouki and Hikari while scratching the back of his neck.

"It was nothing," he pointed out, taking the biggest cookie and shoving the whole thing into his mouth, "Jusht a shilly Chrishtmash relatshed accshident." Kouki could hardly make out what Jun was trying to say, but he didn't care... it was probably nothing of importance and, if it was, he'd find out about it soon enough.

Hikari finished off her cookie and looked up at the clock sitting atop the mantle, "Wow, its ten o'clock!" she exclaimed, causing Kouki and Jun to turn and look at the clock as well, "We'd better get to bed, or else Santa won't come and give us any presents!"

Jun quickly finished the cookie he was eating, his third, and grabbed another two, "You're right Hikari!" he shouted, his mouth full of cookie crumbs, "I'm going to bed before Santa comes!" With that, he flew up the stairs and into his room, the door slamming shut behind him.

Kouki laughed and finished his cookie off as well, taking the plate back into the kitchen and placing it in the sink. He turned to Hikari, who had followed him and smiled, "I guess we should be getting to bed as well."

Hikari nodded and the two began walking towards the stairs, but Kouki quickly stop and that made Hikari stop as well, "Look at that!" he exclaimed, pointing at a plant hanging from the ceiling, " I think it's mistletoe."

Kouki and Hikari's eyes met, "Well, it is the holidays..." said Hikari with a shrug, before leaning in and kissing Kouki's lips softly, "Merry Christmas," she whispered, running up the stairs quickly. Kouki stood by himself for a second; he began to raise his fingers to his lips, but stopped and headed off to bed as well.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • I know I "kind of" promised you guys Chapter 12 this week, but I'm suffering from writers block and can't seem to finish writing the chapter. I know what I want to write about, I just don't feel like writing it. I got an Xbox 360 for Christmas and so that is also taking my time, so once I get bored of Farcry2 and fighting my brother on CoD: World at War... I will try to finish Chapter 12.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • (after reading the x-mas special)

haha, hikari's playing both of them good! :shocked:

i like Kouki better than Jun though...

he actually TRIES

(though i guess that's just sad because he's getting the same as Jun) :\

great job dude, this fanfic's awesome!

can't wait for book 2!

... or the Valentine's Day Special!

Last edited: